Stay Connected

Thread: Houston, Tx meet up for CDH awareness day (4/18/15)

Houston, Tx meet up for CDH awareness day (4/18/15)

Hey guys,
    We recently lost our previous angel this march. In our search we have realized there are NO plans in Houston for CDH awareness day. While it is super short notice for this year I would love to meet up with people maybe at Herman park whos lives CDH has affected and hopefully meet some people who would want to help get things started for next year. There is not a Houston rep / ambassador so my mom and I are hoping to become one for this wonderful organization. In addition we are participating in the March of Dimes in honor of my baby Elijah, and will be representing CDH.

Hi Tiana, welcome to CHERUBS. I am so very sorry for your loss of Elijah.

We do have two reps. in Texas, Casey and Lisa Carter, and their get together for April 19th is being held in North Richland Hills. They have held events in Dallas and Houston over the years, even San Antonio, so they try to mix things up a little so different families can attend.

I have spoken with Jody by email in regards to volunteering and holding an event. It is almost two late to get much out there this year, but we could try. Please email awareness@cherubs-cdh.org if you are still wanting to hold an event this weekend. Once you are volunteers it will be much easier to do events and invite members. Events put together buy our volunteers we do send out invites to members by email, but a non-volunteer, we just advertise the April 19th events on Facebook. I definitely think you need to reach out to Lisa and Casey and see about doing a summer get together, maybe it could be closer to you?

We are here for you. (((HUGS)))
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

I am so, so very sorry for your loss. Just heart wrenching. We delivered our baby girl, Jolene, on April 1st (she had a grade "C" LCDH) at Children's Memorial Hermann here in a Houston. We are still in the NICU and have two other kiddos, so I don't think we can juggle attending an event this weekend (either the one in Dallas or here in Houston) but we would definitely love to be involved in the future in any way we can. Please keep us posted.

Hello JLachance I'm am Tatiana's Mom Jody. We will most defiantly keep you in our thoughts. Also, we will make sure to notify you of our progress and event date for future Houston CDH awareness.
    ((((((( Hugs ))))))
    Elijah's GrandMa Jo

Love you kiddo! We will get the word out there!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tatirayhurley View Post
    Hey guys,
    We recently lost our previous angel this march. In our search we have realized there are NO plans in Houston for CDH awareness day. While it is super short notice for this year I would love to meet up with people maybe at Herman park whos lives CDH has affected and hopefully meet some people who would want to help get things started for next year. There is not a Houston rep / ambassador so my mom and I are hoping to become one for this wonderful organization. In addition we are participating in the March of Dimes in honor of my baby Elijah, and will be representing CDH.

Hello JLachance. Yes this weekend was hectic but we will definitely be planning for next year as for now if you would like someone to visit with or talk to I would be more than happy to come visit with you guys up there, that is where or Elijah was born and was our home for a month. There is an amazing nursing team there some of those women are family to me now! Our Elijah was graded a "D". Please keep me posted on your baby girl.

Thank You so much. We held a small group of Elijah's Entourage and we will be walking in the March of Dimes. We have spoken with them and are eager to become volunteers and hopefully more. Thank you for your help!