PDA

View Full Version : Videos of Cherubs ~ CHERUBS Is Now A YouTube Charity!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-05-2008, 10:53 AM
We have a great spokesgirl for CHERUBS now - Lise's beautiful daughter, Victoria, has done an info video for us. It's just great, she does such a good job! You can see it at YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WqQCN8lCCo

There are also several other videos there that we will be asking to use here on the site once I figure out how to do the embedding (should have it figured out by next week).

And..... CHERUBS is now a YouTube charity! I'll be setting up our branding graphics for there as well so now people can view CDH videos all linked through CHERUBS on YouTube to raise awareness! :) So let's get creative and post as many videos as possible!

LiseDill
01-05-2008, 10:58 AM
She's so cute huh???
Did ya notice I TMed it????
Rene is on there,too and looks wonderful. She is so beautiful

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I saw Rene on there. She is beautiful. She's a model, isn't she? Hey Rene... we could use you too! The more people and families we get to submit videos, the better!

Now, we need to find a video expert who can put them all together for a documentary. Any experts here? I can figure out how to do it, but it will hard to find the time to do that and I don't want us to wait on me learning this.

StephanieOlivarez
01-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Lise-please tell Victoria she did a fantastice job!!!!

Dawn-that is great news about CHERUBS being a youtube charity.
I will be working on a video for youtube and I hope others will also.
What a great idea for CHERUBS and CDH awareness.

I LOVE IT!!!!I LOVE IT!!!!!

KateC
01-05-2008, 02:13 PM
I LOVE THE VIDEO!! I am working on mine, it takes awhile to get it right! I have never used youtube before? Once we post our video on there, how will you link them all together under CHERUBS?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I have no idea how we'll do that yet, Kate, but we'll figure it out! :)

KateC
01-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I have to say, I LOVE my video, and it makes me cry every time I watch!! Unfortunately, I have never used YouTube. I know I can somehow post my video on there, but I will have to figure that out later. I have spent all day on this (My husband's gonna kill me LOL!) Here is the link to go see it!

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=4a85be3e99bc5c6d3d208a&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Let me know if you like it!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Oh Kate, it's just beautiful and made me cry too! What a sweet little angel... just beautiful.

I doubt your husband will have a dry eye to be upset with you for doing this today. :)

StephanieOlivarez
01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Yes-Kate I loved the video as well. It also made me cry.
What a great job you did.

LiseDill
01-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks. I think Kate, if you .......let's see, can I take that link and put it with mine? I have no idea if I can....
But then how will it get to benefit Cherubs???

KateC
01-05-2008, 03:41 PM
You sure can! Thanks Lise! I would have been days trying to figure it out!! Just let me know how to find it when you're done. THANK YOU!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-05-2008, 04:40 PM
I think once YouTube puts up CHERUBS charity page you can all post it there? Not sure, will have to wait and see.

LiseDill
01-05-2008, 05:02 PM
How long would that take?
Should i wait to hear from you dawn to do something w/ Kate's?

DanielleKessner
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh man - Kate that was so perfect!

Lise, Victoria did a fantastic job!

Looking forward to seeing others.

Not sure if I can get through the rest of the posts now!!!

KimberlyRichards
01-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Lise- Victoria did a wonderful job!!

Kate- Your video is a beautiful tribute to Shannon. Just one ? though. What song was that and who sings it??

Kim

KateC
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Coldplay - Fix you

It is such a fitting song. I heard it right after I found out Shannon had CDH. Lights will guide you home - you can think of it two ways - being born or arriving in Heaven. It's perfect for survivors and non survivors. I mean, it goes through all of the emotions I felt those three days - stuck in reverse. And what have we all done? Tried to "fix" our children.

Thank you all, I do really like the idea of us doing videos. I made that for free.

StephanieOlivarez
01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Shane and I have been discussing if we should let the girls watch that video.
Well we just let them and it was something like I have never seen.
They all asked questions-about Shannon, about Shelby and if all CDH babies go through what they saw.
I cannot Thank you enough for sharing this video.
It has helped us talk about the past with Shelby and has given the girls a better understanding what happened to their sister and of what CDH is about.

I was going to ask the same question about the song. It is perfect for survivors and non survivors you are so right Kate.

I am on the look out for the CD.

KateC
01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks for using my video Steph!! I am glad it helped you! My husband just watched it - he cried : ) It was worth me skipping household chores today LOL

StephanieOlivarez
01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
You bet it was worth skipping those household chores.
I am sure your husband was very happy to see such a fantastic video.
I hope every member of CHERUBS gets a chance to look at this video, as well as Victoria's.

LiseDill
01-05-2008, 09:10 PM
My computer time was up( the kids pester me), but i think after church i'm going to have jason try to figure it out. Worse comes to worse, I can give you my password and you can upload that to ours and, then dawn can later figure out how to tag it to cherubs :-)

TaniaSmythe
01-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Well not a dry eye in my house while watching that video, it was beautiful thanks for sharing.
Here is one that was made for me of Jacob.

http://www.mediamax.com/lamarpye/Hosted/JACOB%20FOR%20TANIA.wmv

I have another that i made myself but i can not yet work out how to upload it to the net.
Tania

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-06-2008, 01:43 AM
What, Lise? I'm confused. If you mean can you link them now? Go ahead please and then we'll link them all to the CHERUBS page when it's up.

I'd love to know what song that was on Shannon's video too.

Kate, you did such a great job editing that... I may recruit you to volunteer! :)

KateC
01-06-2008, 08:01 AM
I would love to help!!! I would love to make one for CHERUBS, may I use the same song? I just love that song!!

Tania I love your video! Do you have a program that you did all the editing and different frames for the pictures with??

I think I may take a some sort of graphic design class for the summer semester!

LiseDill
01-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Dawn, I have no idea if I can. I'll have to ask Jason if he can. He's my computer wiz. I guess when the computer doesn't belong to him , he can pretty much do anything he wants to it :-)
I did see the charity thing you signed up for on you tube. So I'll see if there is a link to it.
I had to go back on youtube yesterday and add CDH but the long word for it on her tag line cus it wasn't pulling it up. She has like 96 hits on it already!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Tania, your video was just beautiful too! Kermit gets me everytime (Shane loved Kermit) so I cried twice as much watching your video.

I'm going to try to add videos to our homepage, MySpace, Facebook, etc... if that's ok with everyone? Add 2 to each maybe and then switch them out monthly like we do the photos at the top of our site.

CHERUBS Video... let's get some ideas flowing on what it should be like! I was thinking maybe an hour long, explaining what CDH is and the journeys that the kids take (ECMO, feeding issues, 50% survival rate, a bit about in utero procedures, etc) and bits of all the videos, with as many cherubs as possible and someone narrating part of it (Victoria?), plus a song. The songs... pull at your heartstrings even more! As for what song, I love that Coldplay song but do we need to worry about copyright issues if we go public with the video? I think Shelly Evans has written a song, maybe she could sing it for the video? Just some ideas! What does everyone think?

KateC
01-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Maybe even if we had some musicians to just play a melody during the narration. We need to find a good site/program that you can create videos. Wouldn't you know it, I had one installed on my laptop (I just got it for Christmas) and I unistalled it because I thought, I don't need that!! I am going to Office Max today, I'll look around at some programs. I'll check around about copyright laws. Do we have any lawyers here?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-06-2008, 11:17 AM
We have a couple of lawyers here, plus CHERUBS now has 2 lawyers. One of them was a professional musician before law school, so I'll ask and find out about the music copyrights.

TaniaSmythe
01-06-2008, 01:45 PM
I think the video was made with Windows Movie Maker, i have done another video with this program using every single photo related to Jacob and the song 'Mothers of the disappeared' and once you get the hang of it it only takes a day to do. I did not buy the program but when i installed a dvd writer the program came through on a windows update.
Glad you all liked the video and yes old Kermit knows how to pull at the heart strings, none of my friends or family can listen to that song anymore without shedding a tear.
Tania

StephanieOlivarez
01-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Tania-Thank you for sharing your video. I cried to.

Kate-how did you do your video? Was it with just pictures? How long did it take? Can it be done with just pictures? or do you have to have video to? How many pictures did you use, or how many pictures can you use?
The reason I ask so many questions-is I want to try and attempt to make one of Shelby. Do you think this is something that a not so computer savy person could do?
Do you have any interest in doing a video for a CHERUBS member? Hint...Hint.....Ok, I don't think I would be able to figure it out. When I did the postcards for CHERUBS it took we like 4 hours to figure out how to print both sides. Yes, feel free to laugh. So I am wondering if you have any interest in doing one for Shelby? I am SO willing to pay you for your time. Just thought I would ask.

TaniaSmythe
01-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Stephanie, I have windows movie maker that i made Jacob's with. It is fairly easy to use and i used photos and i also managed to add candles from Jacob's web site. I found with the one i made myself that there were too many photos for the length of the song (our song was 5min 13) so i had no music at the start and then the song coming on after about a minute. Unfortunately i did not upload to the web when i was finished and now i'm trying to work out how to upload it.
Tania

KateC
01-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I used about 16 pictures and maybe like 5 videos. It is easy. I would love to do one for you!! Email me as many pictures of Shelby ( <3 the name, I just noticed that!!) Video if you have any. Give me the song you want and any sayings you migt want to add. KTJ24@aol.com. If you don't want me to do it, I can give you instructions via email if you want to try it. And I do not want any money!!!

StephanieOlivarez
01-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
I am off to my office to email you pictures. About the video, how can I get that to you?
I will email you the song I would like and the sayings.
I am out the door now...talk to you soon.

StephanieOlivarez
01-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Ok, I emailed you the pictures.
I sent a lot, I hope that it is ok.
Did you get them?
I cannot express to you how ThankFul I am for you doing this.
YOUR ARE THE BOMB GIRLFRIEND!!!!! :D

LiseDill
01-06-2008, 09:09 PM
my dad is a producer for christian music...contemporary ..I'll see if he has one that he can forward to use...

StephanieOlivarez
01-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Tania- I just watched your video again and the last picture with the rainbow-saying-someday. That's so touching. The whole video is. Thanks again for sharing.

TaniaSmythe
01-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Thank you so much Stephanie, it means alot to me to know that other people enjoy Jacob's video as much as i do :D

Tania

TaniaSmythe
01-07-2008, 04:42 AM
Well it took while but i have managed to upload both of Jacob's video's to you-tube.
Here is the link to Mothers Of The Disappeared, which is the one i made myself. It takes about a minute for the song to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYi805JpDDQ

When i made this video i burned this and Rainbow Connection to dvd and gave copies to all my family members for christmas 2006, which is why the credits wish everyone a merry christmas

Tania

KimberlyRichards
01-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Tania,

Loved the video of Jacob. I admire all you mom's who have
the emotional strength to put those together. I hate to cry...
I would love to put one together... Just don't know if I have
the emothional strength. Still can barely talk about her without
getting emotional....

Kim Richards

StephanieOlivarez
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Tania-you did a great job on this video. The first saying about the footprints, I started to cry. The candles being lite for Jacob and the sayings.........
I am going to agree with Kim.
You all that have done these videos have such great emotional strength.
Your all amazing.

TaniaSmythe
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
It's not so much having emotional strength but feeling like i have done something for my son. When his first birthday and angel day came around i made his web site and then i kept getting this thought that i could do more for him so i decided to make the video. It really helped me cope in the first year.
I found it really helped me greive as i had been living in a state of denial since we arrived back home after he passed away.
Glad you all like it :D

Tania

LiseDill
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I totally agree w/you tania.
I think talking about the Heavenly Babies keeps them 'alive' to us. It doesn't hurt so much anymore. But knowing that if they were here I would be sharing stories about them...so in the same regard this is kind of like that( if that makes sense):-)

TaniaSmythe
01-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Yes Lise just what i was meaning, also even though you are looking at their pictures and finding poems/candles etc it helps to take your mind off what happened and gives you a great sense of pride. I must admit though some people think it is kinda weird to make one but normally after they have watched it they understand why.

Tania

LiseDill
01-07-2008, 07:00 PM
My mil thinks it's morbid...but I don't care. I won't show people pictures of Brady and Hannah tho. She was 20 weeks, big head. Brady died inside of me and it wasn't pretty at all.
But Grace was full term and really so pretty w/ her wavy hair and big eyes.
I love sharing our story because i think also it shows a great sense of faith in what we have been thru .
I really like helping others too.

KateC
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Tania that video is amazing!! The editing was great!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I've had people say that to me too, Lise. I just chalk them up to being rude, insensitive, and incredibly blessed to be naive about grief. Besides, the reality is, a lot of babies don't survive. We can't butterscotch that fact.

But to be honest, I have an unopened envelope of photos from Shane's funeral that I still haven't looked at - not sure I ever will. Maybe I'll show a headstone photo for the end of his video when I make it. I have VHS tapes I have to get onto DVD before I do anything.

I'm not at an emotional place to do the video myself yet, Kim. I totally understand what you mean. And I don't have the 2 or 3 weeks I'd need to make it (1 to 3 days to make it - 2 weeks to stop crying).

We'll both get there, in time. :)

KimberlyRichards
01-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks Dawn, I hope so!!!

LiseDill
01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
My dad, as I said earlier has a few songs he wrote and published. I wonder if you send us the pictures I can get one of my kids to do it for you. Both Jason and Victoria are really good at powerpoint.
Like everyone send us 2 or three photos of their kids, pregnancies...and we can put it to my dad's music???

StephanieOlivarez
01-08-2008, 04:07 PM
This is something that you are putting on youtube right?
I am in. Where should I send Shelby's picture?
I think that is a great idea.
Will we be able to get copies of this DVD? Some of my family aren't on the computer?

KateC
01-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Sounds like a great idea Lise! Let me know if you need any help!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Lise, they're doing this on PowerPoint to make videos? I didn't know that was possible, that's awesome.

We can use the photos from the photo album since we already have permission to use them.

Yeah, Lise's Dad and Jason and Victoria!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are WONDERFUL!!!!!! :)

LiseDill
01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
*I* don't even know if it's possible! I know they know powerpoint. If I had the pictures I could figure out how to get jason to do it.
But I know jas can do pictures and music. If they are in the album you only have to copy and paste right???

TaniaSmythe
01-09-2008, 12:22 AM
I could possibly do it through windows movie maker, i would have to do all the pictures first and then find music to match the length. Would also be able to do make a title and rolling credits at the end. Kinda like Jacob's Mothers Of The Disappeared video.
Does anyone have a rough estimate as to how many pictures there would be?
Tania

LiseDill
01-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I can send you my dad's cd. The song is called in God's care. It's for a friend of his whose daughter died.
i have waited for you Grace, to sing you my song
Oh my child, now your home near my heart you belong
How my arms ached for you for my love has no bounds
Come now into my arms and share the joyful sounds

Hear the heard angels sing in one resounding voice
for my joy wells up , let the universe rejoice
You have lived in my love during your earthly days
Welcome home oh my child, welcome home.

Hallelujan, Hooray, My childs come home today
I've commanded a symphony of sounds to play
Let those tambourines ring and the trumpets to swing
the oceans to roar and the winds now to soar
For I joy over you and delight in your ways
You will walk in my love through your eternal days.

Your eyes have never known such wonder and surprise
forever awaiting for you in paradise
from the chalice of my love I'll let my joy outpour
crown the heavens with the richness of the miracles in store.

In the triumph of my glory, I've placed wings upon your soul
you've been shaped by my hands and now you are made whole
Know that from this moment on we will never be apart
feel the laughter in the heavens and the joy within your heart.

The song is my dads so it's ok to write it here.
If you can do a movie maker that would be 10X's better then mine :-)
And if it's anything like jacobs it would be fantastic

TaniaSmythe
01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
OK then, If i have permission to use photos from the Cherubs site i will start on it hopefully soon (hard to find time with school holidays & school does not start until Feb 7th!).
Dawn let me know if it's ok that i use the pics as i do not want to upset anyone by using their pic without permission.
Lise once i get the pic's all loaded, i will get you to send the music and i will need someone to help me with the credits (ie what to say etc).

Tania

LiseDill
01-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I'll send you the cd asap. I have your address from our cards. I will have to send a picture of Grace unless she's in the album. I haven't looked for her.

KimberlySwitzer
01-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I just wanted to share the video I made for Asher as well...I used www.onetruemedia.com and then uploaded it onto youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri5YKzvhupI

Kristin Morrow
01-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Amazing video's ladies!!! you all did a wonderful job and such beautiful tributes to your children.

I know the video's being made are of those CHERUBS who have passed on, but what about those babies who are here on Earth? Can I make a video of Landen for CDH awareness? Would that be inappropriate?

TaniaSmythe
01-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Kirstin i was going to have heavenly and earthbound cherubs in the video and it is a great idea if you do one for Landen also as its something you will have forever.
Kimberly your video was beautiful.
Lise, you could probably email the song if you wanted to (that way you would still have the Cd for yourself).

Tania

TaniaSmythe
01-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Hold that Cd for a bit Lise, There is over 400 photos and i have just found out that if they are not in my computer i can not put them to video.
There is no way i could download all those photos to this laptop :(
Wait a minute if i can download them to a disk that would work because then i could make the video from the disk without storing all the pic's in my laptop (mini brain wave lol). Now anyone know how to burn pictures from the internet straight to disk? :?

LiseDill
01-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I did talk to Jason( 16) and he said that he thinks that he can do a powerpoint w/ music and pictures...He needs a day off to sit and think about this. Maybe Sunday I can get him to concentrate and show me how to do it

Kristin...I think it soooooooooo important to have an Earthly Angel one. The strides that CDh has made in just the 7 yrs since Grace died is amazing. I would hate for people to just see JUST death associated w/ cdh...theres no hope in that( you get what I mean) But to show the survivors...wow...how powerful would that be!
I say go for it!!

StephanieOlivarez
01-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Kimberly- just watched your video. You did a great job.
You guys are on the program with this video making stuff. THANKS!!!!

Kristin- I was wondering the same thing. Lise-thanks for saying what you did. Your right-people seeing both sides-the power in that is great.
I am so lucky- Kate C is making a video for Shelby. I cannot wait to see how it turns out- if it is anything like hers-I'll cry every time I see it.
She did such a great job-as all of you have that have done videos.
I believe that people need to see both sides of CDH.
So, Kristin- I can't wait to see yours.

I know you guys will keep us updated on your video making. Thanks for doing this.
I know I repeat myself-but this is a very great idea and it will make such an impact!!!!

Kristin Morrow
01-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm gonna get on my video here one of these nites!! thanks ladies for your input!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Lise, what a beautiful song!!!!

Tania, if you can wait a week, I'll try to burn them to CD since I should have most of them on my hard drive already, I think. I'll have to check.

Kimberly, your video is just beautiful. I love the song, who is that? Avril Lavigne (sp?)

I agree, we need both - survivors and non-survivors - there has to be hope with heartache. CDH affects babies in so many different ways and we need to show that. As many faces as we can.

KimberlySwitzer
01-11-2008, 05:30 PM
yes its "Slipped Away" By Avril Lavigne

And thanks :D It took me forever to finish it because I would start crying everytime I had to watch it to see if it was working out....

KateC
01-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Kim I love your video! (I like some of the quotes too LOL)

If you guys need any help making that video, again I'm here!

Stephanie I just got all of Shelby's ADORABLE pictures. She's such a cutie!!!

KimberlySwitzer
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks Kate!! A girl I met on another forum lost her son to a skeletal defect (OI, I dont remember what the O word is but the last is Imperfecta) and she sent me pages and pages of poems and quotes that she had found for her sons scrapbook and that people had sent her....thats where I got those from.

StephanieOlivarez
01-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Kate I am happy you got the pictures.
Thanks for saying Shelby is a cutie. She is our girl!!!!

KateC
01-12-2008, 09:10 AM
LISE! I DID IT! I DID IT! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfHGMMqLnbM

When you bring it up, you can see Victoria's beautiful face next to it! WooHoo!!

Her video has even changed a bit!!
I joined that truemedia. I get 4 hours of video (I thinkit may be more) I can ever make different fonts and colors! Oh Steph, Shelby's is gonna be great!!

If you guys need any help with the viedoe making, let me know!!

LiseDill
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I love the song...cold play right?
Kate you are beautiful. I love the video...right next to Victoria! I love it! You did awsome!!!

StephanieOlivarez
01-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah Kate-you did do a great job!!!
I just watched your video again and it was so cool to see Victoria right next to it!!!
You guys have done a fantastic job getting CDH awareness out there!!!!
Kate-I am feeling so excited about how you will do Shelby's video. Thank you.

I actually found the Cold Play CD at Walmart!!!! I was very excited.

KateC
01-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks everyone!! I got all of Shelby's pictures scanned this morning!

StephanieOlivarez
01-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Kate- you are on the program today!!!!!!!!
How long did it take you to scan the pictures?
I'm getting SO excited!!!!

KateC
01-12-2008, 02:51 PM
About an hour. I ran around getting some shopping done for Shannon's Bday, but I will be starting it. I downloaded Elvis Presley's Amazing Grace (Gospel) That's the only one I found. If after I finish and you do not like that version, we'll find a new one.

LiseDill
01-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Kate, are you doing a video for Steph?
There is a version by Mark Harris that I love. He's Contemp. Christian and he could maybe be found on WowHits

StephanieOlivarez
01-12-2008, 03:05 PM
What kinds of things did you buy today Kate?
Did you like how Elvis sang Amazing Grace?
The excitement of you making this video-is making me smile!

Lise- I would like to hear the version by Mark Harris. Can anyone get on this Wowhits?

KateC
01-12-2008, 03:08 PM
I did like it, I don't know how to send you the songs so you could hear them?? I could try and find the song Lise was talking about, if you want.

I bought a cake and some parties supplies, her cake. Now, talk about ironic, I was buying her balloons that we will release and two cute ones, and there was a lady in checkout in front of me, buying for her baby shower, all I could do was cry. People must have thought I was nutty!

KateC
01-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I need to know...

Ms. Shelby, What is your favorite color??

I'll make the text slides' font that color.

StephanieOlivarez
01-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh Kate-who cares what people think. You know why you were crying and it is OK!!!! You were doing something that makes you feel better.

Ok, if you can find the song Lise was talking about that is great. But please don't make it hard on yourself. If it is easier to just find a version of Amazing Grace you like-I know I will like it to!

Shelby's favorite color is pink.
Are you working on the video now?

KateC
01-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Kinda sorta. I scanned the pictures and am downloading the 2nd song now. I am getting everything together to start. The hubby gets home in an hour. I have to start dinner. I try to make it look like I do stuff around the house, so when he gets home, he doesn't get mad that I've been on the computer most of the day LOL.

You have 4 girls right Steph? I want to send them bracelets when I return the pictures. You know that one picture of Shelby, she has an "Angel Bebe" outfit on. THAT IS THE SAME EXACT LOGO SHANNON HAD ON HER ONLY OUTFIT AT THE HOSPITAL. I think Shelby found a herself a gurdian angel 0;-)

KateC
01-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Okay - Mark Harris' was a corrupted audio file?? I couldn't download it. I did however find one by Leanne Rhymes? It is beautiful, but there is no music, just her singing. Elvis' has music? Leanne's is about a minute longer than Elvis'?
Of the ones I downloaded, I only like those two. The other ones just don't fit, atleast to me they don't....

LiseDill
01-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I listen to www.kxoj.com. I love their music. Try going to www.wowhits.com and in the search type in mark Harris.

StephanieOlivarez
01-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I think whatever song that you feel fits-you pick-it will be a surprise to me.
I think that is so neat that Shannon and Shelby had the same Angel Bebe logo on. I am honored to have Shannon as Shelby's gurdian angel. THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
That is so nice of you to want to send the girls bracelets!! Thanks- they will LOVE them.

LiseDill
01-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Victoria is doing the powerpoint...it's so good. She started w/ non survivors. She's doing 6 a page. It's cute. But it is going to take some time. I think she's done 3 pages( hyperlinked too, which I had no idea what a hyperlink was, but do now!!!)

StephanieOlivarez
01-12-2008, 09:25 PM
I bet it is good.
What is a hyperlink?
How will we be able to see Victoria's work?

THANK YOU VICTORIA!!!!!!!!!

Corin Nava
01-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Kate- I want to try and make a video for Gabe. Where did you go to make it? I know you had mentioned it. Is it difficult or something you can figure out pretty easily? Any tips?

LiseDill
01-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Something about clicking on a name and it brings you to their webpage. So she did it so that if you click on the childs name it should( hopefully) bring you to their gallery of pictures.
She's doing 3 small photos up top and 3 below. In the center is a adjective describing the children: beautiful, Amazing, Miracle....
we are gonna have to break out the thesauraus :-)

Corin Nava
01-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Lise, I love the way you keep your kids busy :)

LiseDill
01-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Yep, put 'em to work for a wonderful cause!
Oboe lessons 2pm
Viola lessons 3pm
karate 4pm
Cherubs 5pm
:-)

truffles at 8pm!!!

TaniaSmythe
01-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Lise, can i send you a picture of Jacob to add to it. For some reason i can not upload one to this site.
I am also going to work on a photo slide show when Dawn sends me the photos on CD. I am annoyed that i have not got room in my laptop to download them all, as i would have liked to start it this weekend, at least i have something to look forward to.
Tania

LiseDill
01-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Victoria is still sleeping. I have to find out what name she is on. I think she might still be on the B's :-)
Is he in the album??

TaniaSmythe
01-13-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that it didn't work when i tried to upload it and i had a look one day and couldn't find it.
Tania

KateC
01-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Corin - www.onetruemedia.com

It is superrr easy! All you do is upload the photos and re-arrange them how you want it. Your text screens will be black and white in one font though, you have to join However, I just found Windows Movie Maker on my laptop!! I have no idea how to use it! I might do Shelby's video on it, if I can figure it out, it will look better from the moviemaker!!

Lise, it awesomehow you have them doing that! They have to be some smart kids, becuase I wouldn't even knwo where to start!! Bless their little hearts!

TaniaSmythe
01-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Kate, movie maker is fairly simple. I found it was easier to rename all the photos in a folder first with the order you want the pictures to be shown in and it also saves you from using pictures twice. Each picture can have a different transition and you can also add comments or poems between pictures. You can also hae different video effects and have a title and credits. Jacob's Mothers of the Disappeared video was made with movie maker and it only took me two days and that was including working out how to use it. If you have any questions email me at darryltania@xtra.co.nz and i will help you as much as i can.
Tania

StephanieOlivarez
01-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Kate and Tania- you guys make it sound So easy to make the videos. But I still think it would take me months!!!!!! Someday when things settle down- I have written it down as one of my things to accolpmish!!!!

Kate- how are you doing today? I know this is a hard time for you with Shannon's angelversary coming up. If you need anything-were all here for you. :D

KateC
01-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Did you ever feel like you are being picked on? LOL. I was at church today and some older lady grabbed my hand and said "I just wanted to make sure you were married, and some day soon you'll have kids, you know." I have never talked to that lady before, and she knew nothing about Shannon or the miscarriage. I know she meant well, but it kind of knocked me down a couple pegs. Then another friend of mine told me how Shannon dying "is God's plan", man am I sick of hearing that!! Okay I'm done complaining! I am hanging in there, thank you for asking :)

Tania - I am going to email you, thank for helping me!

Corin Nava
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Kate- Ugghh, sometimes people mean well, and they have no idea that what they say has such a negative effect. There are so many things that people say and I just cringe and try really hard to smile and let it go. The two I hate the most are "you're still young, you will have more" or "everything happens for a reason". I have heard those two more times than I can count and every time I want to scream.

I am thinking of you and Shannon this week. Feel free to contact me if you need to talk or vent.

AmyMiles
01-13-2008, 08:14 PM
What a beautiful video! She looks like she sure faught hard. I love her little angel outfit. The video sends a great message, I really loved it. It made me cry too. We will be thinking of you this week.

LiseDill
01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
When my dh told our wed.nite church group that we 'lost' 3 childrne...the leader said, lke a smart aleck kid, "lost? where did you lose them?" and then laughed.
If it wasn't church....:-)

Corin Nava
01-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Lise- WHAT?! Thats not even close to funny-what was he thinking? Wow, some people just amaze me.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-14-2008, 10:26 AM
YouTube finally set our page up (I still have to edit some of it). Now we are an official YouTube charity - which is a pretty big deal because it's tons of exposure and awareness, plus they are very picky about their charities.

http://www.youtube.com/cdhsupport

I guess you can all link to it now? I have no idea how. One of you YouTube experts will need to post directions please. :)

TaniaSmythe
01-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi Dawn, by the looks of it if you favourite a video it will link to the CDH support page. I can not see how to link up any other way but if anyone knows how to please let me know so i can link Jacob's other video up as i noticed that his Mothers Of the Disapeared video is already there.
Tania

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-14-2008, 12:36 PM
I guess we just go to each other videos and favorite them. If I forgot any, please let me know!

StephanieOlivarez
01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
That is totally AWESOME about the youtube.
Kate you have to put your video on it.

Some people do say things that don't make any sense. You just have to try and realize they mean well. At the time it does upset or make you mad.
I can tell you how many people have said, "well i think you should be trying this to get Shelby to eat by mouth."
If these people had any clue what you guys have been through and what CDH babies go through...I believe they would not say anything at all.
That's why it is SO important to get CDH awareness out there and this youtube thing is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Corin-I am still thining about you and Kate you are also in my thoughts!!!
Corin- I sent your package UPS today and I hope you enjoy the clothes!!Let me know when you get the package, so I know it got there safe!

LiseDill
01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I saw you sent this to me. :-) Didn't thinkit was you...:-)
opps.
I gotta link Victoria on there becuae I know she messed up saying cherubs.org which is some organ donation thing. I didnt' catch it till I saw it like the 20th time...
BUt maybe I'll try to upload it to you later today.

StephanieOlivarez
01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Kate- had a blond moment....your video of Shannon is on there. I didn't go view all 13. It's been one of those days.

So, Dawn are you putting the videos on youtube?, or is this something we can do?

Corin Nava
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks Stephanie-you are too sweet! I can't wait to see them :)

KateC
01-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Lise - I get to meet my Pastor for the first time since we joined our church tonight. Can't wait to hear some of the "classic lines". I can't believe that guy said that to you though. That takes the cake of ignorant things to say to a bereaved Mother...

Thanks so much Corin and Steph - I have alot to do today, and it's my first day back to school tommorrow , but I will be emailing you both soon.

Dawn- I got the favorite add, I think I have to accept it? I don't know. I'll check it out further.

StephanieOlivarez
01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Kate-Good luck at school tomorrow. I hope it goes well.
Do you go to school for work?

I hope meeting your Pastor goes well. Yeah Lise-what that Pastor said-WOW!!!!

KateC
01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
No, but I bet my work wants me to continue working for them! I am going for Biology, I am hoping to move towards genetics (for obvious reasons) If not that tecahing, if not that I will study dolphins (dream job!!!!) I am taking my laptop to work tomorrow, I am going to start Shelby's video using the Windows Movie Makers instead of the one true media.

LISE I GOT THE CHARMS - I LOVE THEM!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

LiseDill
01-14-2008, 10:09 PM
You're so welcome!!!
Kate, try to prepare yourself for some of those lines...It always helped me.
Like when someone says I'm sorry, I say me too. I used to say 'it's ok' and thought 'this is so not ok!'
I have had to justwalk away fromsome people ...but we dont' say lost anymroe :-) we do say that 3 died at birth and leave it at that.

StephanieOlivarez
01-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I think that is so cool that you want to study dolphins Kate.
I say always follow your dreams.
How exciting your going to use the movie maker for Shelby's video!!!
I'm smiling again in excitement.

Corin Nava
01-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Grrrr.... frustrated! Ok, I spent all day yesterday working on a slideshow thingy for Gabe (instead of cleaning the house like I said I was going to :) ) and got it pretty much the way I want it. I found the song I wanted and tried to put it together and the file type of the song wasn't supported! Does anyone know if there is a way to convert the file type of a song? I think its b/c we downloaded it using Itunes and it downloaded it as a mp4 or something weird.

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Sorry Corin, i do not know if you can convert a song file. Can you get the CD single of the song and load it into your computer? Or post the song you want here and see if anyone can email it to you.
Tania

Corin Nava
01-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I'm sure I could download a compatible copy from somewhere other than Itunes-it would just suck to have to pay for it again. The song is Broken-by Lifehouse

Here is another question- on the movie maker is there a way to mute the video clips that I have added so that the music just plays and not the voices that were on the video? Still trying to figure this all out :)

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure about the muting of videos on movie maker as i only used photos for mine but i will find some video footage on this computer somewhere and try to work it out for you.
As for the song i will look through Darryl's music collection to see if he has it and i have some friends that i can ask for you.
I'll get back to you asap (probably tonight which will be early hours tomorrow morning for you).
Tania

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Volume and muting instructions:
Adjust volume level

Adjusts the volume of the selected audio clip. By default, the middle setting of the slider corresponds with the original volume level of the clip when it was imported or captured.

Drag the slider to the right to increase the volume, or drag the slider to the left to decrease the volume. When the slider is moved all the way to the left, the audio is muted and not played back. The maximum volume is 15 times the original volume of the clip.

Mute clip

Specifies whether the clip is muted. When this check box is selected, the audio is muted. The audio clip plays at the specified volume when this check box is cleared. If the Adjust volume level slider appears all the way to the left, this option is selected automatically.

Hope this explains it for you.
Tania

Corin Nava
01-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Tania-Thanks! I got it- maybe I should try reading instructions once in a while ( I think I like to do things the hard way) :)

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 02:42 PM
hey no worries, i would normally go the hard way myself. I have not got the song you want on computer but i have sent out a few text messages this morning to see if anyone i know has got it for you. Did you know that you can add written messages before, on or after a picture?
Anymore questions please feel free to ask.
Tania

KateC
01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Corin - are you using movie maker or onetrue media? It shouldn't matter if you are using movie maker what type of file it is? If you still having trouble, download Limewire. It's free. After you're done, unistall it. It is one of those free downloads that people get busted for, but as long as you are not downloading like a million songs and keeping them stored on your hard drive, I don't think you can get in trouble (I have been using it for years) Don't worry I didn't clean my house the weekend I made Shannon's video, Steve got over it after he watched it!! :D

I have started Shelby's video, I love it!!! All I have to do is add some text slides, honestly, I think I may remake Shannon's on the movie maker, it has so many more options (and I didn't have to pay for them LOL)

School tonight, Shannon tomorrow, hopefully Thursday or Friday I will be sending you the video Steph!!

georgiagebow
01-15-2008, 02:57 PM
how do you guys get this "movie maker" you are talking about? also, i have used one true media before..but i found there werent very many songs on there..is there a way to add songs to that?
thanks everyone..i dont always get this stuff!!

gg

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Be careful with Limewire as it is file sharing and when you uninstall it double check to make sure it is gone and i've heard of alot of people who had trouble getting rid of it.
Corin when you click on import music, there is an option to import all music types which includes mp3 ( the import file box, under file name there is one called Files of type, right next to the cancel button) if it is not set to all types it will not accept a mp3 version.
Kate how are you getting on with Shelby's? Movie maker is great isn't it?
Tania

LiseDill
01-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey Georgia...I'm with you!
My son has Limewire and he likes it. But my cousin had it and it infected her computer. We have never had a prob tho w/ it.

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
After i installed our dvd writer the windows movie maker showed up in my programs (click start on your computer and then all programs). I am unsure if it was already there or not but i can't remember seeing it beforehand.
If you have not got it you could probably go to the windows web page and download maybe? It is so easy to do and it makes wonderful movie.
Tania

Corin Nava
01-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I had originally signed up for the Onetruemedia and than checked my computer and the Windows Movie Maker was on it. I didn't realize I had anything like that on my computer.

Tania- I tried to do the all file types import-but its still saying its not compatible. Its not an mp3 its an m4a, which I have never heard of and have no idea why its different. It figures-almost all my other music files are mp3's. O well, I guess I will have to figure something out. Thanks for all the help-I know I will probably have some more questions before this is done :)

StephanieOlivarez
01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Corin- I am excited to see your video, when you are all done.

Kate-you have a rough couple of days coming up. I cannot Thank you enough for working on it now. Whenever you finish-is no problem. I have kept this permanent smile on my face for days!! It sounds like it is going to be something else!!! Will we be able to put Shelby's video's with the other CHERUBS video's on youtube?

I am thinking about you Kate and will continue to send postive thoughts and prayers your way.

I LOVE it that everyone is here to help!!!! It is awesome that we are truly all here to help- even in making videos!!!! It sure is a good feeling!!!!!

georgiagebow
01-15-2008, 04:22 PM
ok! i have a video i had made on one true media..i posted it through there to my youtube..how do i get it on the cherubs you tube? whats strange is one of my other videos i just had on youtube seemed to go over to teh cherubs page? but i dont know why? and its not the one i wanted? can anyone out there help? does this even make sence?

StephanieOlivarez
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I know nothing about how to post yur video to youtube(CHERUBS) but I know if you look back at this thread the website is listed. Maybe your doing that now?
I can't wait to see your video-what is the link? If you do figure how to get the video you wanted to you tube-please let us know!!!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Georgia, I added that link to your video, that's how that happened. It came when I did a search for diaphragmatic hernia and I recognized Ariana so I added your video. I can change it to the other video, just let me know when you get that up.

StephanieOlivarez
01-15-2008, 04:48 PM
I was just going to give her the youtube address-your on the program today Dawn!!!!!
I watched Ariana shaking her booty!!!!!I loved it!!!!!

georgiagebow
01-15-2008, 04:50 PM
i think my new one is on there..under my profile...i thin the title is just 'my montage"..it came right over from one true media..its kind of long..i had trouble not using all my photos! so anyone who watches it sorry if its too long!!
i love watching all these videos!

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 05:21 PM
I see what you mean Corin, i can see mp3, 2 & 1 but not 4. Can you go into your music files and right click on the song you want and you should see an option called 'open with' and it should tell what programs it will open with. See if you can choose a program (ie media player or anything windows) and see what happens and let me know please. None of my music is downloaded from the web and is all from CD's so i can't play around with any of mine. If that fails i have a friend with limewire and i'll get her to download the song and email to me but it could take a few days for me to contact her. We will get this song for you though, cos i'll make it my mission :D

Dawn can you add Jacob's Rainbow Connection to Cherubs you-tube also, here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy-mnyOOQNY

I can't seem to work out how to link it otherwise.
Thanks Tania

KateC
01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Yea Steph it shoudl be able to go on youtube, I will just need some help from Tnai (wink,wink) I am new to the windows movie maker, it is so awesome!!!

I am not too good with youtube yet, I have never really used it. I am thinking if you create your own account Steph, that I will be able to give you the link/file to upload?? Now, how in the world do I find the CHERUBS videos?? Do I do a search?? Is there a link to take me to them all?

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/cdhsupport
here is the link for the Cherubs charity on you-tube
If anyone wants to upload a video and does not have a you-tube account you can email me and i'll upload to mine and then post the link on the thread and that way Dawn can favourite your video so that it appears on the Cherubs charity
Tania

KateC
01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
THANKS TANIA! :D

Corin Nava
01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah for good husbands!!!! :) Nate had barely walked in the door and I threw my file problem at him. He was able to burn the song onto a CD as a mp3 file and then put it back on our computer (atleast I think thats what he did). But I have the song now and its all set up with the movie. Now I am uploading it to Youtube! Hopefully I can figure that all out :)

Tania-thanks again for all your help and for trying to find the song for me! You're the best!

KateC
01-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Georgia that is just tha absolute CUTEST song to have picked for Ari!! I love the shake the booty, too Steph, she is ADORABLE!

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Thats great news Corin, i knew there would be a way to do it.
Make sure you post your you-tube link here so i can see it :D

Tania

georgiagebow
01-15-2008, 07:04 PM
aah! thanks! i think she is pretty cute...she loves to dance...! i cant wait to see more videos!! they are all so special!

StephanieOlivarez
01-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Let us know when you get your video on youtube Corin. How exciting.

So, Tania I should not get a youtube account-we'll send the video to you when Kate is done with it? That's a big help-Thanks.

All these video's that are on youtube is such a wonderful thing. I LOVE IT!!

TaniaSmythe
01-15-2008, 07:30 PM
You can get your own account if you want to, but if you'd rather not i'll be happy to upload for you on my account and post the link here.
Let me know if you want me to do it for you and i'll give you my email (it is posted on this thread somewhere)
Tania

StephanieOlivarez
01-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I was just on the youtube/cdh support and your video is on there.
You know have two videos on there, right?
Let's see what Kate says and we will go from there. Thanks so much again for your help.

Corin Nava
01-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Ok, here it is :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N66S-vt5sI8

LiseDill
01-16-2008, 08:19 AM
You guys are so on the ball with this! This was such a great idea. I'm so happy we are raising awaren....wait, can I say it?? Ok I'm going for it! AWARENESS!!! tm :-)
Each video is so incredible!

StephanieOlivarez
01-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Corin- Thank you for sharing your video. You did such a great job. I bet it was hard for you.
Who is singing the song?
Are you getting excited for Makayla? Only 36 more days!!! They will go by very quickly!!!

Lise-your cracking me up today. I'm happy to see the tm!!!!!!!!!!

TaniaSmythe
01-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Corin, you have done an amazing job! Your video has brought tears to my eyes and the song is so perfect.
Well done.
Tania

Corin Nava
01-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I'm happy with the way it turned out :) Thanks for all the help and inspiration to do this!

Stephanie- The song is Broken by Lifehouse. It seemed to fit really well. I am very excited about Makayla, I am hoping she comes a little early, maybe a valentines day baby-I don't want to wait 36 days! I know I am getting very impatient :)

LiseDill
01-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh, speaking of which, Emmie sent something for Makayla. :-)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-16-2008, 03:07 PM
It's beautiful Corin!!!!

I just added it to CHERUBS YouTube site. I think.

Corin Nava
01-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Lise- You are too sweet. Thank Emmie for me :) I can't wait to get it.

Dawn-Thanks! This was a really good idea. I'm glad you started this. I love watching all the videos.

KateC
01-17-2008, 09:14 AM
:cry: I LOVED IT! :cry:

I love the videos where he's open up his prescious little eyes. I just loved it.

KateC
01-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Stepg - check your email - I finished Shelby's video!!!

StephanieOlivarez
01-17-2008, 05:31 PM
I tried to get the new link and I viewed all your pictures from Shannon's Birthday- but for some readson- I cannot get to see Shelby's video.
Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? This is driving me NUTS!!!!

I enjoyed looking at Shannon's birthday party pictures. The pictures brought tears to my eyes.

I wonder why I can see your pictures and not Shelby's video?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-17-2008, 06:58 PM
We need Video Committee Volunteers! http://cdhsupport.org/members/viewtopic.php?p=5943#5943

KateC
01-17-2008, 07:06 PM
It allows me to view it?? :?: Hmmm, did you try just clicking on the center of the video? It should appear black, and you may have to click in the center once or twice to start it? Let me know if that does not work, I'll try to upload into my youtube collection???

StephanieOlivarez
01-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Kate-
I finally got it to play and I am still crying!!!! :cry: As is Shane.
You did a fantastic job!!!!!
I cannot ever Thank you enough.
IT WAS PERFECT!!!!!

I want everyone here to see your wonderful job. Should I post the link here or shoud you? You let me know what is the easiest.
Dawn-then will you connect it to the youtube/cdhsupport page?

Kate-you TRULY OUTDID yourself!!!!!!
THANK THANK YOU!!!! 0:-)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes, of course I'll link it! I can't wait to see it!!! :)

StephanieOlivarez
01-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Ok, here it is!!!!

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u273/shannonsmommy/?action=view&current=shelby.flu

That's it. If I misplaced words or letters-please let me know and I will re-post it!!!!

KATE-THANK YOU!!!!

KateC
01-17-2008, 07:34 PM
IT'S ON YOUTUBE! Under my name . . . It took me awhile to figure it out!!

I AM SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!! Do you like that song?? I am trying to figure out a way to post the web address on here for you Steph...

KateC
01-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Ms. Shelby Olivarez now has a video on youtube :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hMJiK8Cp0

I am so glad you and Shane like the video Steph. I will be sending back the pictures tomorrow. Along with some goodies for the girls!!

TaniaSmythe
01-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Great job Kate! Shelby is so gorgeous, Stephanie you must be so proud of her :D
Tania

StephanieOlivarez
01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh KAte we LOVE the video.
I will also be sending you a Thank You package!!!!!!
Your TO sweet to send the girls goodies!!!! They will love getting something from Mommy's friend!!!!!

georgiagebow
01-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Stephanie! i loved that video! she is so beautiful! Great job making that kate..these videos are awsome!!
now im thinking i might need to re do mine and add the cherubs stuff at the end since its been passed around to all my family and friends...

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Shelby's video is beautiful!!!!!! You did such a great job!!!

Georgia, that would be wonderful! I can't find Ariana's baby video, please post the link?

I am so impressed with all of you ladies, all of the videos are just amazing!

georgiagebow
01-18-2008, 01:53 AM
ok, i have changed my video and added text and stuff and the cherubs link at the end! i think this is the link to it..
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=4c1610a7cd23c7c0f09c66&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

does anyone know how to get it onto our youtube? i put it on my youtube page..but cant figure out how to link it over? it should be the one titled "ariana sophia's cherubs CDH video"

TaniaSmythe
01-18-2008, 02:00 AM
I think the Cherubs charity needs to favourite it? I could not work out how to link up either w/out Dawn favouriting it. You can add yourself as a friend (which i ended up doing twice lol).
Tania

georgiagebow
01-18-2008, 02:02 AM
i thought i added myself as a friend? hmm, i dont know why i cant figure this out! ok, i'll go in and try again..! thanks!!

TaniaSmythe
01-18-2008, 02:16 AM
If you work it out can you let me know please?
Tania

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Added Georgia's video. I think I added them to CHERUBS MySpace and Facebook Accounts too - one of them from our Playlist should randomly come up everytime someone views these. If I did it right, not sure I did!

For the video committee I have.... Tania, Stephanie, Kate and Corin... yes, I'm drafting. :) Anyone else?

StephanieOlivarez
01-18-2008, 10:45 AM
I think Dawn has been putting the videos on the CDHsupport.
Right Dawn?
Will you put Shelby's and Ariana on the cdhsupport page?
Thanks in advance.

StephanieOlivarez
01-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks Dawn for putting the videos on.
That's cool about Myspace and facebook-one of our videos coming up and playing. AWESOME!!!!!!
Are we going to try and make a video that we can actully watch as a DVD?
Maybe we could put the video in New parents packets? It would be good for them to see.

StephanieOlivarez
01-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Could we make up some type of sticker that gives the web link to use on letters, notes, etc.....
I think it would be a great way to show people the affects of CDH.
What do you guys think?
I would think that people would view it.

georgiagebow
01-18-2008, 01:39 PM
i love that idea!!

KateC
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM
AWESOME IDEA STEPH!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm confused... sticker for the CDs?

Ideally, the videos and photos will be part of the CDH Info Video that we'll burn (or get a sponsor to fund) to DVD to send to hospitals.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-18-2008, 07:48 PM
And we can sell them through our Cafepress store too at cost (meaning we wouldn't make any money so they would be cheaper for as many people to order as possible).

KateC
01-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I think what she meant, correct me if I am wrong, is that you can print CD stickers and place them on the CDs to personalize them after you're done burning.

StephanieOlivarez
01-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Can we make stickers that say something like this,
"Take a look at CDH-www.youtube.com/cdhsupport" or "We support CDH-www.youtube.com/cdhsupport". We could use these to put anywhere really.
I love the idea about being able to buy them at Cafepress.
Can you burn off of youtube?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Ahhhh, ok, I love that idea!!!!

I'm a little slow tonight. lol.

StephanieOlivarez
01-18-2008, 08:43 PM
I wonder could we incorporate the new CDH ribbon with the saying?
Or the CDH? Something that makes it sharp.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Of course we can. I used to have CD label software, I'll see if I can find and what I can come up with.

KateC
01-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Steph, did you want a DVD of your video? I can try to burn it from my comp and send it to you!

StephanieOlivarez
01-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Looking forward to what you come up with!!!!!
THANKS DAWN.

Kristin Morrow
01-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Landen is officially on YouTube! I finished his video finally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_VwZFo5tPs

Check it out! Let me know what you think

Dawn-how do I link it to our charity site? I can't remember how you said to do it, so if you could add it that would be great

TaniaSmythe
01-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Excellent video, you must be so proud of Landen. Well done!
Tania

Corin Nava
01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Kristin-It was soooo beautiful. I love the 3D ultrasounds-and there were so many precious pictures! He is such a cute little boy.

StephanieOlivarez
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Kristin- LOVED your video. You did an excellent job!! I loved Landen's halloween costume! I loved everything about it.

KATE- I would LOVE to have a DVD of Shelby's video. THAT ROCKS AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!

LiseDill
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww you 3 are just precious!!! I love that he's doing so wonderful! What a cutie pie he is!!!
My 2 yr old watched w/ me and she said"Look at that cupcake!":-)
( we call emmie our cupcake cus she's so cute you could just goggle her up...so apparently she thinks he's pretty darn cute too!!!
It's just awesome!

KateC
01-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Kristin, I love that video! The pictures of him coming home are adorable!

Steph I have to find a CD DVD and I'll do it for you!!

StephanieOlivarez
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks Kate- you are so AWESOME!
Your package should arrive in one piece Wednesday.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Kristin, you did a great job on the video!!!! I just added it to CHERUBS YouTube list. :)

Kristin Morrow
01-22-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks Dawn!!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments about Landen's video!!

BeverlyCawvey
03-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't mind if you use dakotas video on there also, i have no idea how to use you-tube
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=52ff3f64e9720364ff4249&skin_id=801&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/sprites2006/CDHawarenessimage1.gif

Love, Beverly

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Beverly,

I do love that angel graphic - posted about it at http://cdhsupport.org/members/viewtopic.php?p=9304#9304

We'd love to add Dakota's video!!! Please try to upload it to YouTube... I have no idea how to do that from One True Media. Does anyone else know how to do that??

StephanieOlivarez
03-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Beverly- The angel graphic is without a doubt BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I would love to use your video on the DVD that I am working on. Thank you!!!!
Kate C may be able to help you load it on to youtube? I am not sure- when she sees this post I know she will let us know!!!

BeverlyCawvey
03-06-2008, 01:09 PM
sounds great to me i dont mind if you use it on a dvd. i bought it after i made it, LOL at the one true media, and i'm going to make copys for family members=) i'm big on copyright stuff, as long as that stays, in the video part of his video..hehehe

BeverlyCawvey
03-06-2008, 02:38 PM
It took a while, But i have his video now on you-tube, I have also added
10 fav's, other videos i have seen and cried over.....
http://www.youtube.com/dakotacody2007
please feel free to add dakota's video to your you-tube pages.
Hugs Bev

KateC
03-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Bev that is wonderful!! I loved the song, too!! Looks like you got YouTube all figured out, too!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Ok, I added it to our playlist! Love it!!! :)

StephanieOlivarez
03-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Dawn-there is a new video to add.
Shanell Browand--daughter Ayda. It is a great video to!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Yep, added Miss Ayda as well. :)

DanielleGolding
03-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Oh my goodness!! That's the first time I've looked at some of the YouTube videos. They are truly amazing. Kate you couldn't have done a better tribute for Shannon, I'm crying right now. I hope I can put one together soon for Lily.

Shanell Browand
03-28-2008, 08:57 AM
I LOVE the video. Its so precious!!! I love to make those videos!! Here is Aydas video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r-VPa4FABC4

I want to update it once I get more pictures to.

Hey, I am making this huge poster for my fundraiser and I am trying to get as many pictures of CHERUBS that I can. So far, I have 3 babies, but I would like to have more. If you would like, just email them to me.

shanellbrowand@live.com

Loves,
Shanell

KateC
03-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Shannell, I would love to send you some of Shannon's pictures, I don't have any saved on my laptop so as soon as I can get my lazy butt down stairs to the other computer I will get you some!!

Shanell Browand
03-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah, there is no rush on the pictures. I am going to ask for pictures up until a week before my fundraiser. I am the same way with my laptop. I like mine only, but sometimes my husband likes to use it, but I am to lazy to go into the other room and use the desktop!

DanielleGolding
03-29-2008, 06:41 PM
I'll send some too Shanell. Ayda is so beautiful!

Cristin Russell
04-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I finally went through Graham's ICU video and put something together....it was harder than I thought... I didn't realize how much video I'd taken...
here it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vle_oLYp2bc

StephanieOlivarez
04-04-2008, 08:24 PM
It was done perfect. I cried.
Thanks so much for sharing Cristin.
Ok, I have a question--which video would you like me to use for the video I am working on?

StephanieOlivarez
04-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I meant to add--Cristin--Graham is a miracle!!! I know you know this--but to go through ECMO twice----HE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Damon andSharonknott
04-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Cristin,
Graham's video is perfect!

DanielleGolding
04-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Cristin,
I loved Graham's video, he is a gorgeous looking child. I really liked how you explained ECMO was great for me. I see a lot of you write about your babies being on ECMO and I did go in to the research section and saw it was a lung/heart bypass machine. But I didn't realise that it was a last resort as you put it in your video. So thanks, I'm constantly learning. He is a little fighter!!

Cristin Russell
04-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm glad I finally did it...
Something werid about the video.... I've looked at it a few times the past few years... and the video was all fine, nothing wrong with it...
When I sat down to finally put it on the computer and put it together.... the sound was missing....up until he was extubated then it comes back on...
I made a first version with half music and then the actual sound on the last half but it was too long...I like this version better....
What do you think Stephanie...I'm leaning toward this one... the focus is on CDH, where the other one is more about his hearing loss..
Again...thanks!!

TaniaSmythe
04-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Cristin, I don't know if it is because im pregnant or what but i could only watch 1 minute of your video and it was so beautiful that i started to cry and had to switch it off.
I am sure the rest of the video is excellent but i can not bring myself to watch any more of it right now (i am sure it is my hormones but i'm finding these video's harder and harder to watch).
Sorry but well done what i did see

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Cirstin, it's beautiful!!!! What a wonderful video!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Corin, can you upload the Goodsearch video to MySpace pretty please?

Corin Nava
04-05-2008, 08:27 PM
how do I upload it?

Cristin Russell
04-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Tania.... sorry if it upset you....Hugs.....

Corin Nava
04-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Dawn- I figured out how to upload it to my myspace...now what? :)

TaniaSmythe
04-06-2008, 04:29 PM
No worries Cristin, i am sure it is just my hormones. I will watch it again one day when im not so emotional

StephanieOlivarez
04-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Cristin-
This one of wonderful, the one titled "Grahams two hands" is wonderful also.
I think we should use both for the video part of the video were working on. Don't you?
I hope this is the question you are asking??????

I can tell you that every time I watch a video from youtube/cdhsupport--I cry and have to stop--re-watch and stop. I cry for all the families that are affected by CDH. All of our situations are different--but one thing has brought us all together.

Cristin Russell
04-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Feel free to use both... I don't want to be a hog though!!!

StephanieOlivarez
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Both it is then! You are not being a hog girl!!!!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks, Corin! I wanted to add it our Myspace so now I'll go do that. Thank you!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I finally did Shane's video. I did great through his videos of him laughing and playing, the funeral photos killed me though. Up til 4:00 am this morning a blubbering mess. :( I made the stupid, stupid, stupid mistake of thinking I could handle the photos if I crossed my eyes really, really hard so it was all blurry when I looked at them at really fast and then I wouldn't see him, just the outlines of the photos. It worked... yeah, ok, sounds ridiculous and funny, but it did work. I didn't see details on any of the photo, thank goodness, but even without the details of him laying the casket... and I don't remember the hospital taking photos of the 3 of us after Shane died but apparently they did and I caught a glimpse of our faces and Jeremy crying... just killed me. I don't want to remember Shane like that, I've tried for almost 9 years to forget the funeral and his death... of course I can't, but I keep trying! I found a photo of Shane where you can only see the top of his baseball cap... that's included in the video. That's it, everything else is about his life. I forgot how silly he was.

The song choice is a bit odd, the first verse sounds horrible actually if you listen to the lyrics but the rest of the song is spot on, especially the chorus. It's a bit dramatic, but the purpose of the video is raise awareness and catch people's attention.

I felt like Shane was missing out without me doing a video of him... finally it's done. I feel like I got to spend some time with him last night, but it was still hard. But so worth it if it helps educate people about CDH.

Ok, enough rambling, here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t22XUiNiaw

And another video I did last night - Taking A Stand Against CDH - about all of our and our support of each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOElZcUyVM

PS - I think I may have figured out the e-mail issue, cross your fingers please!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
*Someone*... I have my ideas on who.... reported Shane's video to Facebook and had it removed because of the background song. :(

Corin Nava
05-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Dawn- It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am in tears, he looks so happy in all those videos! I am so glad you put that together! The song was perfect!

I'm sorry someone felt the need to take it off facebook-thats sad.

TaniaSmythe
05-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Beautiful video Dawn, you must be so pleased that you have finally made it. I don't know about you but making Jacob's video helped me so much

DanielleGolding
05-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Dawn I absolutely loved the video well done. It's a fitting tribute to a very special boy, he's so gorgeous!

Is it the second part that was removed, is that why it says it's 8 minutes but stops after 4 or so mins. I too think it's sad that someone did this to you.

StephanieOlivarez
05-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Amazing, brillant, beautiful.
Thank you so much for sharing Shane with us.
I cried the whole time--but to see Shane smiling and to show all of these pictures of his life--can't even be described in words.
You did a fantastic job and whoever requested to have it removed from facebook--that is truly SAD.
The song is a great choice.
God only continue to Bless you Dawn--you have helped so many through CHERUBS.
Shane's legacy will live on forever through you and CHERUBS.
Shane smiles down at his Mommy daily and is so very proud of you.

DanielleKessner
05-05-2008, 06:29 AM
I made a video! Not of Alyssa. I want to try and get that done for her 16 birthday (later this month). I did one featuring all of our CHERUBS Australia Annual Forum photos. I have uploaded it to YouTube (amazed I managed all of this without a clue, lol) and now I don't know what to do. Dawn, do you add it to the other cherubs video's? The link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keOCsSK48Z0

Please let me know if I need to do anything else. I am going to add it to the new aussie cherubs site I have been working on (for years I think!) and add it to my Facebook page.

Hope you enjoy it and can see how much we all love our annual gatherings :)

DanielleGolding
05-05-2008, 06:49 AM
I know I've already said, but just wanted to say again what a great job you have done!!! Good on you Danielle :)

Dawn-here is the link for Lily's video as well, last time I checked it wasn't on the CHERUBS youtube site but I think I posted it in the wrong forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J6hN22f1ck

Damon andSharonknott
05-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Danielle,

Well done:)
It is perfect......

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-05-2008, 12:03 PM
They are both wonderful!!!!!!!! :)

Added to our YouTube site! :D

TaniaSmythe
05-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Great video Danielle

KateC
05-05-2008, 08:34 PM
That was really great Danielle!!

StephanieOlivarez
05-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Danielle-Great job on the video!!!
You can tell you all have such a great time!
May I use it for the picture/video DVD Tania and I are working on?
I think it would be so awesome to show CHERUBS Australia.

DanielleKessner
05-06-2008, 04:23 AM
No probs Steph!

StephanieOlivarez
05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks Danielle!!
It will be so awesome to have the CHERUBS Australia video included!!!
LOVE IT!!!!!!!

FernandaArce
05-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Here's the link to see Juan Pablo's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQAqMoTaiQ

I was wondering how do I add it to Cherubs youtube charity section? do you know?

Thanks,
Fer

TaniaSmythe
05-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Juan is so adorable and what a great video, well done!

FernandaArce
05-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Thank you Tania :)

Corin Nava
05-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Fer-Once Dawn sees your video she will add it to the CHERUBS youtube! Give her a few days and if she doesn't notice this post, remind her :)

FernandaArce
05-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Oh thanks Corin :)

StephanieOlivarez
05-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Fer-great video.
Can we use it for the DVD we are working on?

05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Well i finally figured out the whole youtube thing lol. Here is an intorduction on Kayla Nicole. i always talk about her but no pics. So please let me know what you think..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjADRLBdHIg

TaniaSmythe
05-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Kerri, she is gorgeous and well done on the video. I really enjoyed it

Shanell Browand
05-13-2008, 08:31 PM
That was such a beautiful video!!!

05-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Thank you very much. we are going to play that video right before we do cake on her 1st birthday its very exciting

Shanell Browand
05-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey, if you dont mind, can I use her video at my fundraiser. I am playing a bunch of videos of CHERUBS. I am also making a collage of pictures of CDH babies, if you would like to have Kayla on it, go ahead and email it to me. I would love to have her a part of my fundraiser.
I know that Stephanie is putting together a bunch of CHERUBS videos, so if you sent Kaylas video to Stephanie, then I will just play it from that. She is sending me that DVD to play also.

Here is Aydas video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS0v58OZypw

05-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes you can deflinitly play the video. I think its great to be doing fundraising. I wish i had the time but unfortunatly Kayla takes all my time i am lucky to shower lol. which email address do you want me to send pics of her too?

Shanell Browand
05-13-2008, 09:07 PM
shanellbrowand@live.com

Also, is there any way you can send her video to that email address also.