PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Charities

KimberlySwitzer
01-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I noticed today while I was working that my wal-mart is looking for new organizations/charities to hold fundraisers for and such and I am hoping it will be alright for me to bring CHERUBS to their attention, I am not sure it will work as I am in Canada and CHERUBS is based out of the states so I thought I would see what you all think, I am not sure of the rules and regulations that go along with all of this, or if it would just be like Donating...

StephanieOlivarez
01-11-2008, 09:17 PM
That would be awesome!!!!!
Let us know what you find out about the rules and regulations for this.
That would be HUGE for CHERUBS!!!!!!!!

KateC
01-12-2008, 08:34 AM
That is a great idea Kim, let me know if you need any help!!

PS - How ya feelin?

Elaine Moats
01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Glad you thought of this. About 5 years ago when my Kristin was a Girl Scout and her troop put on a community Easter Egg Hunt Walmart was very good to her troop and donated $500.00. So I wish you lots of luck..Great idea!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Wal-Mart is a great company for charities! Great idea!!! :)

KimberlySwitzer
01-12-2008, 08:56 PM
That is a great idea Kim, let me know if you need any help!!

PS - How ya feelin?

I will definately let you know if I need any help. I took info from the About CDH and CHERUBS on the website to give them some background and told them about Asher, but I wont be able to drop it off until I go to work on tuesday so I hope they are still accepting requests

Im feeling pretty good, everything I eat fills me with the burps though and its driving me crazy!! Other than that it seems like everything is going good!!

Corin Nava
01-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Kim,
Thats awesome! I hope it works out.

Good to hear that things are going well with the pregnancy.

KateC
01-13-2008, 02:11 PM
LOL that is great to hear Kim!

Like I said I'm here if you need help!

StephanieOlivarez
01-13-2008, 02:43 PM
I was thinking, Kim if you get this started I wonder if we could all go to our local Walmarts and do the same thing?
Wouldn't that be awesome.
Please let us know when you can and maybe each state could get it started to!!!
Thanks again Kim!!!!!! :D

I am happy to hear you are feeling well and things are going well with your pregnancy.

LiseDill
01-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I took my daughters to Krispy Kreme...they do that as well. I think Arkansas and Oklahoma...maybe another state have KK...
I think I would need dawn to fill out the info which I can send. Anyone know where KK is???

Corin Nava
01-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I know they are in South Carolina and I know they opened a few up here-I think one in Rhode Island and one in Connecticut

JodeW
01-14-2008, 09:55 PM
They have quite a few Krispy Kreams hear in Texas.
I am glad to hear you are feeling better Kim, I have been thinking about you.
Jode

LiseDill
01-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Actually Joshua broughthome a sheet of paper today. A ton of local organizations from pizza to , well, donuts does Soirit Night. You go to the pizza place, order your pizza and say thatyou are from this church or school...the place will donate 10% to the charity/school!
Wendy's does it... Maybe claling some elementry schools and speak to their PTA Pres. I'll talk to mine tomorrow and see how she does ours. If it's that easy and all we nee dis flyers...how hard could it be???

Tammy Pettus-Kopacz
01-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info. My mother works at Walmart. I'll call her today and ask about it.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Wonderful ideas!!!

LiseDill
01-18-2008, 04:57 PM
I know this might be the straw.but dawn, you should contact the local elementry school ( they have the most parent involvement) and find out who the PTA pres. is. Ask if they work w/ local retailers who would donate 10% of their profits to the school.
Wendy's Any pizza place....if you can't find any, let me know and I'll talk to my PTA pres and find out how the companies do it.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-18-2008, 08:19 PM
My sister is a teacher, I need to ask her.