PDA

View Full Version : Fight Against Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at Change.org

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Change.org is MySpace's new non-profit organization / causes portal. CHERUBS is proud to be one of the first non-profits in this new site! Please show your support in the fight against CDH by visiting and joining in!

Change Page - http://www.change.org/changes/change_page/2087
Non-Profit Page - http://www.change.org/nonprofit_page/nonprofit_home/77822

There will *never* be a cure for CDH - it is not something that a pill can fix. Lung function is just *one* factor in the survival of CDH babies - more babies die from, or stay in the hospital longer, because of infections and side effects than lack of lung function. The way to stop CDH is to find the cause and prevention of this horrible birth defect. The way to do that is to raise awareness and to promote more research for CDH! But we can't forget the families already affected by CDH and we must *always* promote support first!

THIS is why CHERUBS joins every site possible, does everything that we can do to raise Awareness in every way possible! :)

StephanieOlivarez
01-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I think this is fantastic. :)
I just joined the Change Page and CHERUBS came up for my fundraising page out of Creedmore, is that right?

StephanieOlivarez
01-15-2008, 12:22 PM
One more question- I tried to join the non-profit page and I think if you fill out your info for the Change Page-your on the non-profit page also.
Does that sound right?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Hmmmm... I think so but this is a very, very new site so I'm not sure of how it works yet. I still need to dress up the charity page over there. I think everyone can add their videos there too?

The IRS still hasn't processed the address change (faxed them last week) so they have the town as Creedmoor. Change.org pulls from Guidestar which pulls from the IRS database.

Another good thing about CHERUBS listed all over the internet with all different sites - other than raising awareness of course - A dozen charity watch groups have CHERUBS as a charity, most importantly the IRS does too - because we are a charity - maybe it with hush the drama from the peanut gallery trying to stir up trouble. The IRS, the State of North Carolina, and over a dozen groups that meticulously scan non-profit organizations - all have given CHERUBS their seal of approval. :)

If any of you know of any other sites we should be listed on, please let me know!

And please add your videos and photos to as many as possible - more awareness is always a good thing!

StephanieOlivarez
01-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks Dawn. I keep going over there to check and still don't see my entry. Does this take long?
This is a win win situation. It is great that all these places have given CHERUBS their seal of approval.
We are moving in the right direction.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-15-2008, 01:20 PM
I thought it was automatic. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get your approval e-mail from them to join and then any posts should automatic. I thought. I'll have to look at it more.

StephanieOlivarez
01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, I must have done something wrong.
I can add things to my profile, I just don't see me in the membership picutres.
I will go and look at it again to see if i can figure it out.

Tammy Pettus-Kopacz
01-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Great!!

I signed up. I plan to email everyone and get some donations.