PDA

View Full Version : CDH Videos

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Kate and Tania are project leaders for 2 wonderful new CDH videos! If you would like to participate by submitting your cherubs' video or photos, please let them know!

StephanieOlivarez
01-19-2008, 01:45 PM
If members have already sent in their pictures/videos- should they send them in again?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-19-2008, 02:37 PM
No, if they are in the Album here on the site, that's all we need. But if they want to submit videos, they need to add them to YouTube so we can link to them. Those are the 2 places we'll pull from - that way we can keep them altogether and everyone can see them. :)

ChrissyJones
01-19-2008, 07:36 PM
I would love for you to use Landon in your video. I have pics on here you can use :D

KateC
01-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Chrissy, talk to Tania, she's making the photo video. :)

I am also looking for families to interview for the info one, if you are interested PM me!

KateC
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
We need families to volunteer to be interviewed for our informational video! Please pm me, Dawn, Stephanie or Corin if you are interested. Let's help spread our knowledge!! Anyone can do it, any help is very much appreciated!

StephanieOlivarez
01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
If you have a video and want to be in the video for CHERUBS-if at all possible-can you send it to me on an actual DVD? If not, that is ok, were just trying to work on this and make it easy on everyone who wants to help and we want ALL of CHERUBS members to get involved.
PM me, Kate, Corin, Dawn, Tania. They will LOVE that I included them.

TaniaSmythe
01-21-2008, 11:24 PM
If you want your Cherubs photo in the photo video please upload to this site asap or send via email to darryltania@xtra.co.nz so it can be included. I will be starting this on the 7th Feb (approx) when my eldest daughter starts back at school

georgiagebow
01-22-2008, 02:13 AM
so if we want our childs photo, and we already have some in the albums on here, that is all we do? or is there another placei should be uploading them? i think mine are in my alum on here? hope that works! let me know! also, like i said before, if you guys want to use us for a survivor story..we woudl love it! thanks!
gg

TaniaSmythe
01-22-2008, 02:19 AM
We will be taking photos from the Cherubs album but i wont be going into user albums as i don't want to double up any.
Good question thanks for asking.
Tania

Corin Nava
01-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Tania-I might be wrong, but I think that only Dawn can upload photos into the main CHERUBS albums.

StephanieOlivarez
01-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Yes-we are definetly going to use Ari's video.
Do you have it on DVD? I am trying to think of the best way get them all together and if you have it on DVD-would you be willing to send it to me? If not, that's fine. We will download them from youtube.
But I am happy we have your permission.

TaniaSmythe
01-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Tania-I might be wrong, but I think that only Dawn can upload photos into the main CHERUBS albums.

That could be why i've never been able to upload Jacob's and the fact that if anything is to slow in doing anything my computer decides to freeze up.
Tania

KateC
01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
So Georgia, you will do an interview about Ari for the info video also? Just checking, so we are not all getting confused on videos.

KimberlySwitzer
01-25-2008, 08:56 PM
I have Ashers video on youtube I would love you to use, but I dont have it on DVD. If you need me to send you the link please let me know!

StephanieOlivarez
01-25-2008, 09:40 PM
I am thinking that Asher's is on with all of ours right?
If I am wrong, please forgive my mistake.
Thanks for letting us use Asher's video.
If Asher is not on the cdhsupport youtube, would you be so kind to give me the link!
Thanks Kimberly.
How are you anyways? It's been a little bit since we have heard from you.
Everything going ok?

Kristin Morrow
01-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Are you pulling video's from YouTube or do you want them on DVD? You can sure use Landen's video if you want it for a survivor story. let me know if you want me to burn it onto a DVD and send it to someone (forgot who?). do you need more people to interview? how will that work? You sure can interview us if you want also!! let me know. I'm willing to do whatever!

KateC
01-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Thank you so much Kristin!! I will be making up questions to send out. Can you record your voice on the computer and save it as a file?

KimberlySwitzer
01-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Ashers is in the CDH youtube thread, if thats what you ment but i will send you the link anyways just in case!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri5YKzvhupI

Everything is going great, today is haylees 4th birthday so we had a party and im exhausted!! Everything with baby beaner seems to be great too, I dont go back to the doc until feb 11th but nothing has happened to make me worried so thats good :D

KateC
01-27-2008, 09:08 AM
I am so glad to hear you are doing good, Kim. Let us know what's going on after that appointment. I am glad you don't seemed worried, too. That is great!

StephanieOlivarez
01-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Kristin-Thank you for letting us use Landen's video. I am going to try and download them from youtube...so let's see if I can figure this out. I will let you know if I need it via DVD.

So far for video's I have:
Tania
Corin
Kate C
Arina'a
Stephanie
Kristin
Kimberly

am I missing any? If I have, let me know.

PLEASE IF YOU WANT IN ON THIS VIDEO AND WE WANT ALL OF YOU!!!
let us know on this thread. I would like to get started on this, but want to give plenty of time for people to get their videos on youtube.
I don't want to set a date---but please try to get them on youtube or to me by Feb 10th.
Does that sound ok to everyone?

StephanieOlivarez
01-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Kimberly- I am happy that everything is going well.
Happy be-lated Birthday to Haylee> I hope she enjoyed every minute of her big day.
Make sure to keep us updated!!!!!

Kristin Morrow
01-30-2008, 02:57 AM
Kate-do you want us to video ourselves answering the questions you send out? we have a video camera with a hard drive that we can just upload to our computer and either send it to you via mail or email? would that be easier? i'm not really understanding how else you want me to record my voice on the computer?

KateC
01-30-2008, 08:16 AM
If you could record your vioce. Tania is our technical expert for that. I have not had a chance to come up with the questions yet, I have been feeling yucky, but, I'll let you know when I do. Hey Tania - How can Kristin record her voice to answer the questions?? I knwo you have to have microphone capabilities, that's about it lol

TaniaSmythe
01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
You only need to buy a Microphone if your computer is not equipped with one.

1. Buy and Hook up a microphone (never buy one costing less than $15 to $20)

(You can also use your microphone later, with your existing Windows phone dialer, to call people without ever leaving the computer)

2. Go to your Windows Volume control. To bring forth your Volume Control Window, go here: Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Volume Control. Uncheck the MUTE box.

3. Now you have to RECORD your message. So, to visually bring up your sound recorder window, go here: Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder. Leave your sound recorder on the screen.

4. Get your mic plugged into your computer and have it in hand. Most mics use a USB port.

5. Blow on the mic softly, tap it lightly, to make sure it is live.

6. Take a deep breath and click on the Red ball on the sound recorder to start recording.

7. Say what you say. Remember to modulate your voice up and down so that your sunny personality shines through; if you are a dour, sullen, brooding person, NEVER send a sound recording to anyone, ever!

8. Note that even 30 seconds of recording can become a file that takes a long time for your recipient to download unless they are on broadband. So don’t dawdle. Talk faster than normal. When you are done speaking, hit the rectangle shape on the sound recorder to stop.

9. Play the recording back by clicking on the arrow that is shaped much like this: >

Then, if you are satisfied with the recording, Go to FILE on the sound recorder and do a SAVE AS... (If you are not satisfied, repeat steps 6, 7 and 8.)

10. Name it something...HiKristi, SurpriseHello-Mike, etc. and then save it in a folder on your hard drive. Note, Before SAVING IT, you might want to create a new Folder for all your sound files. That makes them easy to find later. How about : “C:\Sounds

11. Open your email program and click on “Create Message” (in Outlook Express) so that you are looking at an empty email message box, the way it looks before you type anything into it.

12. At the top of that window, click on INSERT, then on the dropdown menu, click on File Attachment. A window saying “File Attachment” will open up.

13. Browse to the folder that you created in which to save sound files, say it was “C:\sounds,” and find the sound document that you just made. Highlight it, then double click on it. Or else highlight it and click on the “Attach” button on that same window. Now your voice message is attached and ready to send.

14. Address the email and write your message. Since this will be a new experience for your recipients, be sure to tell them to turn up their sound, then double click on the attachment that you have included. Tell them that when they do, they will hear your voice.

15. Send that email as you usually do. When you are all done, go back and mute your mic on the volume controls and exit both the volume control and the sound recorder.

Easy, huh?

KateC
01-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Thank you so much!! I knew you could tell her LOL!

TaniaSmythe
01-30-2008, 08:03 PM
No worries it's just a copy and paste from the internet :wink:
Tania

JaanaRosenlund
01-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I would be happy to include Gabriel's photos in the video - is there somewhere special I should upload them in the Cherubs site - I am not sure if I can uploan into the Cherubs album?? As I have new pics to add.

TaniaSmythe
01-30-2008, 10:45 PM
You can email a photo to darryltania@xtra.co.nz and i will include it in the photo montage.
Tania

Kristin Morrow
01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Ya Tania sure sounds easy! LOL. i think it would be easier to video ourselves and send it to you on DVD, LOL. i'll figure it out. thanks guys. let me know when you get the questions finished

Lisa and DanaThibeau
01-30-2008, 11:24 PM
I have an album with Adam's pics you can use and if you want I'll answer any questions you have about us. You can email me at thibeau96@yahoo.com and I'll give you what ever info you need!

KateC
01-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks Lisa, we will definetly be in touch!

StephanieOlivarez
01-31-2008, 08:30 PM
If I am thinking correctly-Tania is taking out pictures of CHERUBS from the CHERUBS photo album. If you have not uploaded a picture of Adam there- Tania is asking that you emial the picture to her.
Her email is in this post on page 2-I believe.
That will help Tania.

Tania- I hope I gave Lisa the right instructions. :D

Lisa-if you have a video of Adam we would love to use that.

TaniaSmythe
01-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks Stephanie that is correct to email me any photos and thanks Lisa for the photos of Adam
Tania

StephanieOlivarez
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Ok ladies-
The deadine for videos for the video is FEB 10th!!!!!!!
So far I have:
Tania
Corin
Kate C
Arina's
Stephanie
Kristin
Kimberely.

PLEASE PLEASE IF I am missing any-let me know.
Tania has done such a great job with getting all the pictures. THANK YOU TANIA!!!!
I want to get the videos burnt and then we can combine the pictures and videos together. This is going to be totally AWESOME!!!!!!

Again-(sorry to repeat myself) but I do not want to anyone that wants to have their video to miss out!!!
Feb 10th is the deadline. Any questions-please do not hesitate to ask or PM me. THANKS

TaniaSmythe
02-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Update on the photo montage. So far i have numbered just over 400 of them and am nearly halfway, it is taking me longer than i thought but i am looking forward to getting stuck in on thursday when Hannah goes back to school for the year. Once i have them all numbered i will start to load them into wmm so if anyone has a photo they would like added i can still add them right up till i'm nearly finished the video.
Keep up the good work Stephanie

StephanieOlivarez
02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
That's great Tania. I cannot Thank you enough for how much time your putting into this.
This video will rock!!!!!!

So LADIES-GET US YOUR PICTURES OR VIDEOS!!! WE WANT YOU ALL TO BE INVOLVED!!!!!

StephanieOlivarez
02-05-2008, 10:52 AM
I think there may be some confusion on what we are trying to do. I am going to explain the two video's and if anyone has any questions-please do not hesitate to ask.

Video #1- an informational video-explaining many different issues that CDH babies/children go through. Kate is working on this one with assistance from myself, Tania, Corin and Dawn. We are gathering up information and doing research. Kate has so nicely agreed to make slides with the information-we think this will be a good tool for expecting parents as well as parents with CDH babies/children. Just a great information video in general.

Video#2- a photo and picture montage. This video will consist of CHERUBS pictures and videos that have been put on youtube so nicely by Dawn.
If you have not seen some of these videos-please check them out at:
www.youtube.com/cdhsupport
You will not regret looking at these videos-they are definelty something to look at!!!!!

If you do not have a picture here on CHERUBS site-let Tania know.
If you do not have your video on youtube and want to be apart of this amazing project-let me know and we will get you included.

Repeating myself again- but we want everyone included that wants to be apart of these videos.

DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE!!!, or if you have any suggestions-we would love to hear them.
Together as a group we can get CDH awareness out there and the possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!

StephanieOlivarez
02-10-2008, 08:12 PM
It is Feb 10th today.
I have for video's:
Tania
Corin
Kate C
Arina's
Stephanie
Kristin
Kimberly
I will be starting on these video's this week. If you still want your video to be included-please let me know.
If I have missed any-please let me know.

TaniaSmythe
02-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh crap, you are going to beat me now lol. I'm still trying to number them all and then i have to upload one by one into windows movie maker. Hannah is back at school now so i will have to get stuck into it this week.
Let me know if you need any help.
Tania

StephanieOlivarez
02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh no no, I will not beat you. I have to figure out this whole Nero thing and figure out zillatube.com. So this could take me a LONG time. I am just hoping that when I do sit down and start-I don't throw my computer out the window. I will definetly let you know if I have questions. I do have windows movie maker-I wonder if I can burn the video's that way??
I can't imagine how time consuming all the pictures are for you.
How is Hannah liking school?
How are you doing? Feeling ok?

TaniaSmythe
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Hannah is in year 3 and before she started back at school i went to check what class she would be in and we found out that she had been put in a class with all year 4 students, so i had her put back with her own year. She is really enjoying school so far and no doubt will thrive again this year (she loves to please adults so is kinda a suck up to the teachers lol).
I'm picking that once you download from you-tube, you could probably just use Nero to burn to DVD, unless you wanted to combine all videos into one movie? We can chat about that later after you've done the zillatube thing.

StephanieOlivarez
02-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I am happy to hear that Hannah is enjoying school. I wish her nothing but the best in thriving this year.
Once I figure out zillatube-we'll chat. Thanks.

JaanaRosenlund
02-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Hi Tania

I am sorry to be a pain but I wanted to double check that you received Gabriel Kia's photos? I emailed them last week but for some reason I didn't get the receipt that is was sent. I sent it from (homoyon)dkia@optusnet.com.au. I didn't want to re-send and double up.

Thanks Heaps
Jaana

JaanaRosenlund
02-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Hi Tania

I am sorry to be a pain but I wanted to double check that you received Gabriel Kia's photos? I emailed them last week but for some reason I didn't get the receipt that is was sent. I sent it from (homoyon)dkia@optusnet.com.au. I didn't want to re-send and double up.

Thanks Heaps
Jaana

JaanaRosenlund
02-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Hi Tania

Thanks Heaps
Jaana

TaniaSmythe
02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Jaana, Yes i did receive the photos you sent. Sorry i normally send an email back to say thanks but i must have forgotten.
Tania