PDA

View Full Version : Church Bulletin

KateC
01-21-2008, 08:20 PM
For Shannon's First Anniversary week at church we bought flowers had a church bulletin insert all about CHERUBS.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u273/shannonsmommy/church1.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u273/shannonsmommy/chruch2.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u273/shannonsmommy/100_3073.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u273/shannonsmommy/100_3071.jpg

So now everyone at our church is educated on what CDH is. Hope everyone finds it in their hearts to donate/help!

Try it at your church!!

Corin Nava
01-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Thats awesome Kate! The flowers are beautiful.

StephanieOlivarez
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Kate- The flowers are beautiful.
What a wonderful way for your church to support you and your family.
I hope you know that Shannon is watching over her Mommy and saying - I am proud of my Mommy.
What a great way to get CDH awareness out there. I know my church is aware of CDH- through our good sams group and believe it spreads like wild fire. (maybe not a great comparsion- Kara's post) but it does work.

KateC
01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
good sams group? What's that?

StephanieOlivarez
01-22-2008, 08:57 PM
The Good Sams Group at our church is a group of ladies that help families when they need meals, send packages over seas to soldiers, send packages to College students, send letters/cards when they are needed.
It is a great group. When Shelby was in the hospital they brought dinner over every week for almost two months. It helped whoever was home with the girls. Shane and I switched staying at the hospital. When they brought dinner over- we could do whatever the girls wanted and spend lots of time with them. It helped in not having to worry about cooking dinner and they brought so much food, there was always left-overs for the next night.

KateC
01-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Aw! That is so sweet! My church is wee tiny! We had gotten a new , younger Pastor a couple years back, he is doing a lot with the church, trying to bring families together, more involved. Although, the are not much into donating for cause, I heard they don't like to pressure people to give up their money. So I was so pleased that they put that in there for
me.

karahess
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Our church brought in meals for us, too, once Adam was home and it was such a huge help.

Last week I told you about our pastor coming over with cards made by kids. Would you believe, I'm still getting them in the mail. The church had all sunday school classes from 3 years old to 3rd grade make pictures, cards, etc. Aaron's class even took photos of each of the kids and sent to him. He is so proud and shows those cards to everyone he can.

StephanieOlivarez
01-22-2008, 11:01 PM
That's great Kara. I bet Aaron is proud of the cards.
I can tell you it has helped us so much to have the support from our parish. They have been WONDERFUL.
I think back about when we were in and out of the hospital and when Shane and I were there together- they brought dinners in for my Mother and it helped her.
Thursday we go to the hospital to meet with the feeding coordinators, developmental doc and other docs. I am excited to go, but I guess i am feeling a little on guard-I am hoping they are not like, well you should be doing this...you should be doing that....I hope they give us good advice and maybe we can even talk about the feeding clinic. I don't think Shelby is ready...but at least we can learn about what it can offer.
My reason for saying this....is our church offered to bring dinner. I did not like saying no, but I guess I will always have in the back of my mind, if we go back to the hospital, we will SO need their help. Mrs. Fritts, who is an angel, totally understood when I explained my feelings to her.
It gives me great joy to know they are willing to help. I look forward to when I can get out and help with dinners and other activities.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-22-2008, 11:31 PM
I LOVE the Church Bulletin idea!!! What a wonderful way to remember sweet little Shannon and to educate the congregation about CDH. And what beautiful flowers! I just think that's amazing that your church did that. I'm sure Shannon was there in church with you. :)

KimberlyRichards
01-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Kate,

What a wonderful idea!!!! And a great way to honor Shannon on
her anniversary!!

KateC
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
thank you!! :)

AmyMiles
09-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Do you have the bulletin saved on the computer? Or do you want to keep that one original to Shannon? If so I can totally make one up for myself! Hope all is well your way!

KateC
09-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Actually the church secretary made the bulletin, all I have is the copy they handed out at the sermon, sorry Amy! If I had made it I would let you use it!!!

KimberlySwitzer
09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Kate, that is a wonderful idea and I love the flowers they are so pretty!

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Kate this is absolutley beautiful!!

Barb