PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Jeremiah Car Show

sarah.deskins
01-25-2008, 03:20 PM
My brother, his car club and I are planning a car show September 21st (Jeremiah's 1st bday). It was begun as a benefit for Nationwide Children's and the Columbus RMHC. I'm not sure how good the turnout will be, and both the hospital and Ronald McDonald house want estimates of how much money will be rasied and a whole lot of confusing paperwork is being filled out. My question is, would CHERUBS like to be involved?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes, we'd love to be involved, Sarah! :) E-mail me what info you need or help you need.

sarah.deskins
01-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Okay, so I got the legalities with the villiage of Cardington wprked out, I am working on securing "Special event insurance" (ugh). And am submitting the apps. to the hospital administration. My question is, who from here would be able to be at the show? I should post thing in the area section, shouldnt I?

StephanieOlivarez
01-31-2008, 04:52 PM
This sounds like a great event in memory of your son.
You should contact your state rep and ask her is she can help you with this. Will you do flyers? That may be something she can help send out to members in your area? This way they will have the date and know what is going on.

I have never heard of special event insurance, if you care to share I would like to hear what exactly it is?

sarah.deskins
01-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Im still trying to figure out who here is in Ohio. I saw there is no Ohio board in the United states category. The special event insurance is something the town wants us to have because it it being held in the town park and they dont want to be liable for anything.

StephanieOlivarez
01-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Your state rep is Tara hall.
Her email address is: thall@cherubs-cdh.org
She will be able to assist you with any questions concerning Ohio.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for explaining the special event insurance.

StephanieOlivarez
01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
I hope this helps.

StephanieOlivarez
01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
I hope this helps.

StephanieOlivarez
01-31-2008, 06:21 PM
SORRY-did not mean to post this three times.

sarah.deskins
02-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks, I emailed tara back. just working on the budget

StephanieOlivarez
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Great-I am happy I could help-this sounds like a great event.
Please do keep us updated on how things are going and when the event takes place-take lots of pictures!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Sarah, this is so wonderful!!!!! I got your e-mail and absolutely you can take brochures and set up a booth or however we can help and raise CDH Awareness, we are there!!! :) I'm sure Tara has e-mailed you by now and we have lots of Ohio moms here that might want to help out as well! I only ask one thing - that you take photos for our newsletter and site! :)

sarah.deskins
02-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I can handle that. I feel awkward asking CHERUBS to come because its a fundraiser for the hospital and RMHC, and I know Cherubs runs on donations but I had to submit the paperwork listing any company who would benefit financially from the event, and I figured if there were three beneficiaries they would think we couldnt possibly raise enough money to make it worthwhile. They ask *everything* on these forms. So, my thinkning is that if this is a decent success maybe Cherubs can be a beneficiary next time around. But, regardless its still a good awarness project.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Sarah, we're just happy you're raising CDH Awareness! We would love to be a part of this with our brochures or members attending or whatever we can do. We've participated in other events where no donations came to CHERUBS and the money isn't the focus to us at all. Many of us met for the first time in person attending an ECMO Fundraiser in DC for National Children's Hospital and none of that money raised went to CHERUBS. Yes, we need donations to keep things going like the site and phone, etc... but those are just necessary to keep doing what is important - raising CDH Awareness and helping CDH families! :)

I'm so glad you're doing this in memory of Jeremiah... just don't push yourself too hard ok? You still need time to grieve and I'm the last person who should be giving this advice as I certainly didn't follow it myself when Shane died... but you can't run from grief by keeping busy. It's great to be busy and do think in Jeremiah's memory but take time when you need it too, ok?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-12-2008, 12:28 PM
When you have details and a logo ready, please send them to me and we'll add them to the site to help advertise your event.

sarah.deskins
02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
I have the flyers done. Am emailing one to Dawn so she can post it. Cant exactly figure out how to post one in the forum, but if theres a way im sure Dawn knows. I decided to have it at the state park because the village of Cardington wants a million dollar insurance coverage, and after spending a few days getting quotes Ive realized to do what i want will cost between 4 and 6 hundred dollars just for about 6 hours of insurance. Im trying to raise money, not spend what I dont have. But when I think about it it would probably be easier for out of towners to go to the park anyway, since its right off the freeway exit. I picked out the trophies and dash plaques today. Jeremiahs picture will be on the plaques, and the lady making them is willing to donate them, so all Im paying her for are the trophies!! that made my day!

StephanieOlivarez
02-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Sarah-this is great news and you are doing a great job on getting everything set up!!!
Hats off to you!!
Take a picture of the trophies and dash plaques-we would love to see them and I can't wait to see the flyer!!!
What a wonderful way to honor your son!!!

sarah.deskins
02-27-2008, 03:31 PM
I emailed the flyer to Dawn, Im not computer literate enough to figure out how to post it on the fourms. Actually, Im not computer literate much at all, but I can put on a good show.

KateC
02-28-2008, 09:14 AM
I can't wait to see them! I am so glad you are chugging right along with this! This is great!!