PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS Camping Retreat

KateC
02-14-2008, 08:06 PM
I am planning a CHERUBS Camping Retreat open to ALL CHERUBS members! To be held at Fox Den Acres Campground in New Stanton, Pennsylvania. Starting Friday June 6 until June 8 2008.

Tenative schedule:

June 6: Marshmellow Roast at Kate's site
June 7: Fishing Tournament (afternoon) Dance/Get together (late evening)
June 8: All day Pool Party

[s:c529c6997d]Please PM me/ email KTJ24@aol.com if you are interested!![/s:c529c6997d]

Rates:

(based on 2-Adults 3-Children) *each additional $5.00 per adult $3.00 per child. Available hook ups include water, electric, sewer & cable.
Nightly $30.00
Weekly $180.00

Tents
Night $23.00

Propane
20 lbs. $15.00
30 lbs. $23.00
100 lbs. $76.00
*also fill Motorhome and trailer tanks.

Part of what makes Fox Den Acres the finest campground in Western Pennsylvania are the amenities, which include:

Full Shower Facilities
Swimming Pool
Wildlife Museum & Store
Playground
Fishing Lake ($) *must purchase ticket to fish I think $4/day (not sure)
Game Room
Schedule Activities (See Events Page)
Full hookups with cable TV
Convenience Store
LP Gas
Groceries
RV Supplies
Restrooms
Showers ($.25 per 10 minutes)
Cable TV
Tables
Fire Rings
Dump Station
Security
120' Pull-thrus with 50 amps for big rigs. Easy off and on from all connecting interstates and highways.

For more information on the campground and directions, please visit: http://foxdenacres.com/index.htm

DO NOT make any reservations yet! Once we have a finalized list, I will call to see if we will even need to make them. They are not a busy campground and it is a VERY RELAXING place to be!

Hope to see you there!!

TaniaSmythe
02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
That sounds really neat Kate, wish i lived closer :(
Tania

DanielleKessner
02-15-2008, 03:45 AM
It looks wonderful Kate. I'm with Tania - wish I lived closer too. I am also sad I will miss the Conference and Ball etc. Maybe one year I will get over there :(

karahess
02-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Do they have cabins?

StephanieOlivarez
02-15-2008, 12:29 PM
HOw far is this camp from you Kara?
We actually just bought a RV. We are about 9 hours away.
I think it would be awesome. I hope more people will respond and come!
Kate-do you guys have a camper, or will you tent camp?

karahess
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm about 2 hours away from the campgrounds.

karahess
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm about 2 hours away from the campgrounds.

StephanieOlivarez
02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Do you guys camp Kara? That would be cool to see you before the International Conference.
Is this something you are thinking about?
2 hours-that's nothing!!!

karahess
02-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Ummm . . . . . Chuck and Aaron enjoy camping in a tent. I won't sleep in anything that doesn't have solid walls and a door that locks. That's why I was asking about cabins.

KateC
02-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Sorry, no cabins! If you are really interested in coming and the boys want to use a tent, my camper sleeps 9, so you are more than welcome to bunk!
We actually rent yearly from them for our site, I have been going there since I was 5. I have been through tents, then pop up now motor home, hopefully I'll move up to RV one day!! I REALLY like this idea, and the hubby is in to it also!

StephanieOlivarez
02-15-2008, 04:37 PM
My husband also LOVES to camp.
There ya go Kara-you now have solid walls and a door that locks!!!
Our RV sleeps 8-so ours is always open to.
I think camping is just SO RELAXING!!!!
Do they allow golf carts in the park?

karahess
02-15-2008, 06:25 PM
I talked to Chuck and his interest level is high on this event. I'm most likely going to take one of you up on bunking in your RV. Thanks!!!

KateC
02-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Sounds great Kara! Golf carts are a yes! I need to invest in one, considering how big I'll be by then!

StephanieOlivarez
02-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Well, we have a golf cart that sits six, and of course there is a story behind that!!!!
I am happy that Chuck has an interest. My RV is your RV Kara.
This will turn out to be SO much fun!!!

LizJacob
02-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Im with tania and danielle i wish i didnt live so far away

Tammy Pettus-Kopacz
02-16-2008, 11:19 AM
What a wonderful idea!

That sounds like so much fun!! I really wished I lived in PA! I'd definitely go!

AmyMiles
02-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Sounds like so much fun! My cherub will only be about 3 months old, so we won't be able to make it.

KateC
02-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Maybe if we can get this started and have agood outcome this year, maybe next year we can move it around to a different state, so on and so forth, that way everyone can get a chance to camp!!

About 3 weeks for you Amy! How you feeling? Any contractions? I lost my plug two weeks before Shannon arrived then started those darn Braxton Hicks and was dilated 3 cm by the time I went to be induced!

StephanieOlivarez
02-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah-we can move it to Indiana!!!!!!!
There are so many camp grounds around Indiana, it's incrediable.

KateC
02-17-2008, 04:37 PM
OK! Next year Steph, you pick the place!! That would be wonderful! I could take a vacation! I know I am not having one of those this summer, I don't think I'll be able to travel to far!

StephanieOlivarez
02-17-2008, 08:25 PM
I think traveling is out of the question for you-but you know what it will be worth staying close to home with you carrying these twins. You will ALWAYS have time to travel when they are older.
You'll be like us-when you do travel-you'll bring the WHOLE darn house!!!
It's funny-even if we go to my Mom's-we still end bringing SO much stuff.

karahess
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Let's see, to go on our weekend shopping excursions around town I pack a change of clothing for each kid, diapers and diaper bag type stuff. Then there are the DVD's, drinks and snacks for kids, toys and books for the kids, Gameboy for me, snacks for me and Chuck, magazines/books for me/Chuck . . . . . . . . . . blankets, hats, gloves . . . . . . . . it doesn't end!

We laugh that it should be easier, but yeah, we end up with so much stuff. Keep in mind that November - May we don't take Adam in any public place. So we all go out to the stores, but one of us adults stays in the van with Adam while the other 2 go into stores. Every weekend, that's what we do. IS IT MAY YET??????

StephanieOlivarez
02-17-2008, 10:19 PM
MAY will be here SOON!!!!!! It is coming Kara-HOLD ON SISTER!!!!
Our days of bringing our kids out in public.....is a coming!!!!!

KateC
02-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't want to think about packing the car yet!! Oh geeze with two, I am gonna go nutty (but I will love EVERY second of it!!)

I look back now, my parents were saints! 5 kids and a station wagon!! We never flew, we drove every where!!

With Steve in the police academy all summer, it is actually like 10 minutes from our camp, so I will be spending A LOT of time there. Which is almost as good as a vacation for me!

PennyCampsey
02-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi KATE!! That is very close to the inlaws in PA!
Would consider .. let's put it this way, I HAVE never been camping, Im with Kara about walls and a toilet LOL!

StephanieOlivarez
02-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Were looking forward to camping a lot this summer. The last two summers we have been in and out of the hospital.
So this summer is it!!!!Lots of camping trips! The girls love the new RV so it will be so much fun to watch them enjoy.
Shane and I will enjoy to!!It's peaceful and their is nothing like sitting by a fire at night.

KateC
02-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh Penny I hope you can try and make it! It is very close! My offer is open to you also if you want some walls LOL!

You are right Steph, after what your family has been through, this will be very good for you guys! I hope you can make it! I am already looking forward to it!

sarah.deskins
02-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm in central ohio, so pennsylvania is definitley not out of the question. might have to talk a friend or two into driving with me, being as I'm single and all and thats a heck of a drive by yourself :)

KateC
02-26-2008, 05:02 PM
I would LOVE for you to try to make it!! Maybe you can hitch a ride w/ Kara of Stephanie!! Please let me know Sarah!

PennyCampsey
02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Kate, Keep me posted on the trip! It's actually only about 6 hours for us.
PennY!

KateC
02-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Oh I will! I hope you can make it with Cole, Penny!

Corin Nava
02-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Oh, I LOVE camping- I wish I could go! 8 hours is a little far to do alone and I know Nate can't get any more time off of work :(

If you do it again next year I will definitely make the trip!

KateC
02-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, we'll be happy to see you next year!! We'll have our little ones running around!! Corin, how far away from Queensbury NY are you? I am going there for Easter, the hubby says it takes 12 hours to get there?

Cristin Russell
03-01-2008, 07:30 AM
I miss camping so much!! Wish we were closer!
Sounds like a great place!

KateC
03-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I thought it would be something we could all get into, like I said, hopefully this catches on and we are able to move it to different states so we can all partcipate!!

Corin Nava
03-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Kate-its about 3 1/2 hours away from us. Are you going to see family?

KateC
03-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, my brother and sister in law. I have never been there before, or to New York at all for that matter. Since Steve and I got married the SIL and I have decided to try to rotate a holiday visit. I am pretty excited about going up there, but not too excited about the long trip!!

Corin Nava
03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
long trips are hard-especially while you are pregnant, but at least you wont too far along when you go. How long are you staying for? I haven't been to New York except to drive through to get somewhere else-although I really want to visit NY city someday soon.

Damon andSharonknott
03-03-2008, 07:47 AM
We love to camp... abit too far from Oz...
Have fun...

KateC
03-03-2008, 11:25 AM
LOL it is kinda far for you Shaz!! Maybe try and start one around your way??
Yes I am glad I will not be that far along BUT these two are already pushing on my bladder big time! I don't remember peeing so much this early on! Steve and I drove to Florida (stupid idea and of course his idea) and that was just horrible and I wasn't pregnant. I'm looking forward to seeing the sites though. We will leave Thurday after work so that puts us there Friday morning, and we will have to leave right after Easter dinner because stupid me scheduled by OB visit on Monday at like 1230 . . .

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Kate-just make sure you stop when you need to and stretch your muscles and go to the bathroom. Enjoy the trip and don't push yourself to hard!!

Corin Nava
03-03-2008, 01:17 PM
geez- thats a long drive for such a short stay! Take it easy-don't push yourself!

KateC
03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I know but I feel bad because my hubby has been avoiding this trip looonngg before we were even together. His SIL is the only one in his family that acknowledges Shannon, and she will always have a special place in my heart for doing that for me. I feel like I kind of owe it to her. I will be stopping . . . a lot!!

karahess
03-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Chuck and I were talking about the camping trip this morning and are looking forward to it. It's something way different for us so it'll be interesting. He jokingly informed me that I have to sleep in the Olivarez RV cause he doesn't want any "baby influences" striking me. Ha ha!!!!

karahess
03-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Chuck and I were talking about the camping trip this morning and are looking forward to it. It's something way different for us so it'll be interesting. He jokingly informed me that I have to sleep in the Olivarez RV cause he doesn't want any "baby influences" striking me. Ha ha!!!!

StephanieOlivarez
03-07-2008, 01:44 PM
That's great news Kara!!!!
That's funny what Chuck said!!!!
Shane wants no "baby influences" either!!
I am just hoping that with all these Snow days, that the girls are not in school until JULY!!!!!

karahess
03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
We're under a winter storm warning until Sunday and have so far gotten about 5 inches in the past 3 hours.

StephanieOlivarez
03-07-2008, 02:50 PM
WINTER..WINTER...GO AWAY AND PLEASE DO NOT COME BACK EVER!!!!
See I am also a poet in my spare time!!!HA HA HA HA HA
I hope you have all the grocery's you need.
Looks like a cozy week-end spent at home...oh wait you and I do that ALL winter long!!!!
Will winter EVER END?????????????????

KateC
03-08-2008, 11:36 AM
LOL Kara!! That is funny!

We are suppose to be having a winter storm warning alos, I think it is coming from you guys' way. All it is doing is raining though! Cold rain! I'd rather it snow, but would rather it all be over, be about 65-70 degrees and spring starting already!!

karahess
03-30-2008, 10:12 AM
How we coming with the camping? Can we go ahead and call and reserve a spot?

KateC
03-30-2008, 10:19 AM
The campground does not open until May 1st. When we go up to open up the camper, I am going to talk to the owner and see if we can get discounts, get a pavilion for the night. I would like us all to be close so we don't have to walk far. Plus where we are is close to the pool, lake and bath house My family has been camping there for years, so I can't imagine he'll say no :)

DanielleGolding
04-03-2008, 02:51 AM
Me too!! That sounds like such a great weekend!! Good luck with it Kate!

PennyCampsey
04-09-2008, 03:22 PM
We are getting a camper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Ok, we want a travel trailer pull behind, I dont know if we'll get one before this or not ! Dont know if finances will allow! LOL!
Anyone have any suggestions ?????? we know we want at least 26-29 ft, no longer than 30, slides, pull behind, we'll be pulling with toyota tundra, we are not wanting to spend a fortune but dont want a dump LOL I am high maintenance (sometimes) ''
any recommendations/help might get us there with you guys I sure hope it will !!!

KateC
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to ask. I never really paid attention to types or anything. We used to pull ours with a tundra, our's is a 40ft 9 sleeper, let me find out. I'll get back to you :)

StephanieOlivarez
04-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I a going to pip in here Kate and Penny----
The new one we just bought--is a driver one---we got it for a steal. Low miles and a great price.
What you are looking for the 26-29 feet pull along--you should be able to get one for a steal.
Around Indiana everyone is selling them becasue of gas prices.
We have this Rv book that comes out once a week- and the prices just keep dropping.
Look for a good deal and offer the people selling it $2 grand below the price and I bet you will get it.
Too bad you won't have it before the ride next week-end.
Really though----look around and I bet you find one you love, one you can hall and one at a GREAT price!!!
Let us know what you find.
Don't pay full price for any camper that you like----they mark them up I believe around 75% and that is WAY TO HIGH!!!!!!
Wheel and deal with them---so you get best value for what YOU want to spend.
I would like to hear what the prices are around your house Kate.

How are you feeling anyways Kate?
Trying to get ready for this ride and I think it is taking over!!!!!!!lol

PennyCampsey
04-09-2008, 08:37 PM
see .. that is what I needed to know !!! THANK YOU
The prices here are pretty high.
Alot of the campgrounds we are looking at have 30Ft limit.
I cant wait, I hope we can find a nice/clean one.
I'll keep you guys posted...
STEPH .. what kind of RV mag is that ?? you get ??
Did you get my email about the not being able to remember how to post pics in my gallery? LOL>>>>>help

StephanieOlivarez
04-10-2008, 10:20 AM
I will check my e-mails after this and will help!!!
It is a magazine of all the RV's that are for sale in Indiana, from individuals or dealers.
I bet you could go google your state in and something about RV's.
Do keep us posted and YOU WILL FIND ONE YOU LOVE!!!!!

KateC
04-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Trailer Life is a great magazine. Steph answered better than me LOL! See we don't pull, ours sits at our campground so we have never had to worry much about gas. We have a Prowler, it was about rrr 16 or 17 thousand? It's a 2000 though so I am sure priced are higher. My boss just bough a nice tip out though for about 12, he knows how to look for good deals!! Like I said ours sleeps 9 and is nice because me, my 2 older sister plus their brudes and my parents all use the camper.

KateC
04-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Hello everyone! I am getting very excited about a month and a half left until the weekend!

I would like to try to get a head count of members who intend to camp through the weekend. I would love to get discount prices for the sites. I would also like to try to make sure they are close! Please e-mail/PM/post by April 30th.

This weekend is open to all members. Please do not think you *have* to camp. You don't! If you don't have the money to stay the weekend, please do not feel pressured. Our tenative schedule for activities is:

June 6: Marshmellow Roast at Kate's site
June 7: Fishing Tournament (afternoon) Dance/Get together (late evening)
June 8: All day Pool Party

All of the activities are free!! Please come spend the day with us!! Please do not feel pressured about the money issue. I understand gas is getting outrageous. I am sure, if you want to come, you can hitch a ride with someone coming, if you want to stay, but can't afford a site, I know I have space to share and I am sure other's would too! So anyone who would like to come spend a day with us, please let me know!

The camping retreat is just a get together, anything we can do for members to meet! Let me know how I can help you! I am really looking forward to the relaxing weekend!!

On a medical note - Latrobe Hospital is 17.5 miles from the campground (maybe even less) about a 30 minutes drive. My husband and I are both state certified Emergency Medical Techinicians and will have a first aid kit on hand. I will definitely try to borrow (wink, wink) some more supplies from work so that I can assure I have adequate medical supplies.

If there are any questions/comments/concerns, please let me know!

karahess
04-22-2008, 08:38 PM
We're planning on attending and camping for all nights. Well, the boys will do the tent thing. Lil ole me will be bunking with either the Olivarez crew or you, Kate. Hmmmm, camper with 4 girls or camper with pregnant lady who will be up tinkling all night. Tough choice.

StephanieOlivarez
04-22-2008, 09:08 PM
We are planning on coming also!!!!
I think we may bring a tent for the girls to sleep in.
They will want to do what Adam and Aaron are doing.

karahess
04-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Hmmm, don't you think we should put the men out in the tents with the kids while us women take the camper and play beauty parlor. We could do practice runs on our hair for the Angel Ball!

StephanieOlivarez
04-22-2008, 09:38 PM
I definetly think we should put the men and kids in the tents and we can play whatever we want.

KateC
04-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Hey Kara, right now, I am only tinkling once a night!! LOL

Corin Nava
04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Kate!!!!!! I think I am coming!!!! I have been reading you guys talk about this and longing to come.... I love camping! The only thing that was really holding me back is Nate wouldn't be able to get the time off of work and $, but I talked with my sister today and she wants to make the trip with me!

So how does this work. Can I share a site with someone since we will just be in a small tent? I'm like 90% sure I will be able to come.

KateC
04-24-2008, 06:52 PM
AHHHHH!! NOW I AM REALLY EXCITED!!

Mmmm, I still have to talk to this guy. I don't think you can share tent sites. I am praying he goes for a flat out chariatble donation and will just eat the cost and turn it in when he does his taxes. I am not real sure on that though, like I said we are going up not this weekend but next to open up and speak with him. And don't worry Steve won't really be around either, he has class most of the weekend. Who needs men? LOL!

Corin Nava
04-24-2008, 07:06 PM
OK, just let me know the details when you find out! I am sooo excited!!!!

karahess
04-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Hurray! Hip Hip Hurray, Corin! I didn't think I could get anymore excited about the camping, but now I am!

:vacation:

StephanieOlivarez
04-25-2008, 09:09 AM
I am also TOTALLY excited!!!
Were are going to have such a great time!!!!

Kate-do you know if there is somewhere close to the camp ground that we would be able to ride our ATV's?
Shane is on this kick about bringing them? I am like NO!!! Let's bring the golf cart and leave it at that Shane!!!

I am smiling!!!!!!we are going to have SO SO much fun!!!!!!

KateC
04-29-2008, 06:47 PM
You can ride them around camp, but not like "ride, ride". Like fun ride.

Hmmmm . . . . I believe there is a place to ride about 15 minutes away. I will tell the hubby to place close attention the next time he goes through town. We do not have an ATV so I have never been to this place. I have just heard of people going there. Let me ask around for an exact location.

Penny - Were you still planning on coming?

Corin Nava
04-29-2008, 07:14 PM
So who is coming so far?

AmyMiles
04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
I wish that we could come, but somehow I don't think the parents of my student's would appreciate; "I am going to take the last week of school off to go camping, your kids not going to learn anything anyways!" I know you will all have a great time. I work at a state park doing educational programs and hikes for families who camp there. ENJOY!

AmyMiles
04-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh and Corin I love your new picture of Makayla! She is changing so fast!

KateC
04-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Let's see: correct me if I am wrong:

Stephanie and family - RV 30 ft
Kara and family - Tent
Corin and sister - Tent

Penny?
Sarah had posted about maybe hitching a ride?

I'll PM them.

Was anyone else wanting to come? Even maybe to hang out for the day??

karahess
05-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Any more news on the camping event? Less than an month away!

:picnic:

StephanieOlivarez
05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Were planning on coming!
Are you staying with is Kara? We have told the girls that you are OK~!!!!\
Even though they have seen some of you GREAT pictures. They ask, "Momma, is she your sister???????' CLOSE I tell them~~~~~~

karahess
05-14-2008, 06:27 AM
Sure, I'll stay with you, Steph AND girls (I don't know what we're gonna do with the men). There is something that I would like to say here, first . . . . . . . .

Kate, you have been such a gem to plan this event. However, you have a lot on your plate right now and its so very important that you take care of yourself and those little sweet girls. If you feel that organizing this campout is too much for you right now, please let us know. Nobody will have hard feelings. Your health and the health of your children are top priority. Ok!?!?!?

StephanieOlivarez
05-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Kara--I agree!!!!
Kate-you do need to take care of yourself and those sweet girls.
We all want to come and camp--but their is always after the babies are born.
You just let us know if it is too much and we will totally understand.
I am wondering if you still having problems getting on to the site??

KateC
05-15-2008, 09:01 AM
I am back! LOL

I spoke to the camp manager and since there is only three actually camping the weekend, he said he cannot afford discounts, but if it would have been a larger group, then he would have been able to help out. He said he has so many families that come with just three or four and he cannot do anything for them. I see where he comes from. But it still stinks.

No I am good! A relaxing weekend camping is what I am looking forward to. I really think seeing you all will help me relax also. This whole e-mail thing is stressing me out more LOL! I just do not understand why it is not working!! Anyway, when I get up there because I'll probably go up Thursday, I am going to try and butter him up more :) Thanks for thinking of me!!

karahess
05-15-2008, 09:05 AM
We're totally cool with not having a discount. But, are we still on for that weekend? Should we go ahead and call to get a spot reservred?

KateC
05-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh crap that's what I forgot to do!! Aurgh! Yes you can, I am so sorry! I did one thing and forgot the rest . . . I am losing my mind

karahess
05-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Uh-oh! The pregnancy brain farts have started!

KateC
05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
LOL that's for sure!! I CRS lately :)

karahess
05-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Kate, were you able to get us spaces next to each other so we're not all spread out?

StephanieOlivarez
05-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Should we call and book our spots?
I am confused too!!!!lol
Do you have the number off hand--so I don't have to search for it?
Where should we say we want to be??
Sorry for all the questions-just don't want to miss out on booking for that week-end and ending up with no spot.

Corin Nava
05-20-2008, 07:37 PM
I have been wondering the same thing! Kate??!!!

It would be really nice if we could get spots next to each other so that we aren't spread out over the campground. Kate-is there a way to book them together?

KateC
05-20-2008, 07:40 PM
You guys will have to call because they are saying you need to make a one night deposit. (724) 925-7054 when you reserve, tell the you want near the upper plataeu. We won't be spread out, the campground is pretty small. Are you guys okay with directions? Don't forget my number 412 414 7073! When are you guys leaving? I was hoping for everyone to meet at our site on Friday to roast some marshmellows and chat! I will be up there probably Thursday or late Friday. Can't wait :)

karahess
05-20-2008, 07:45 PM
I think Chuck was planning on pulling in mid afternoon to dinner time on the Friday.

Corin Nava
05-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Sounds good. My sister is kind of backing out on me now.... so it looks like I am coming alone which sucks. I am thinking about leaving in the middle of the night on Thursday b/c I know Makayla will sleep right through if I do that. If I do that, we should get their sometime in the late morning. Is there a check in time we have to go by?

KateC
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Sounds good! I am sorry to hear the ride will be alone, how long is it for you Corin? Well, Steve has class Saturday and Sunday, so you and the baby can hang out in the camper. They have a baby pool, which I think I forgot to mention. Steph, can Shelby go swimming? Kara your only a couple hours, right? No check in time. Like I said I am hoping to be there Thursday. I am taking off work Friday.

karahess
05-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, it's only a 2 1/2 hour hike for us. Quicker if we blow by the PA Staties. You gotta go real fast past them so they don't see you. Ha ha!

We're kind of toying with going to the Pittsburgh Children's Museum. Aaron has been begging us.

KateC
05-20-2008, 09:09 PM
That's a good idea! I love it there, I think you and I talked before about that. You know, they have the Dino exhibit up! I hear it's great!

PennyCampsey
05-20-2008, 09:11 PM
OH I CANT wait to go to the museum IN PA , I HEAR ITS AWESOME !
we'll be up in AUG.

KateC
05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
I love going!! They have so many wonderful things!!

PennyCampsey
05-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Dont they have a train or something ?
have you ever been to parmani brothers? did i spell that right, my husband LOVES that place !! i know i didnt spell that right ....... argh

karahess
05-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Oh heaven help all us women that have men who like that diner! UGH! Chuck saw it on the food network or something and just had to go there. We went to the original (I think) and what a smoke filled hole in the wall.

PennyCampsey
05-21-2008, 09:08 AM
LOL Scott literally foams at the mouth to go there everytime we are "home" .. YUCK .. sometimes I miss the trip, sometimes I appease him and go ..
I DO LOVE SARRIS chocolate pretzles though .. . tried those ?? they are in BEST In THE WORLD!

karahess
05-21-2008, 09:31 AM
I've never had Sarris candies. Milk allergy prevents me from those luxuries.

Corin Nava
05-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Kate-its about a 7 hour drive.... should be interesting. I am awful with directions and have never made a drive more than a couple hours by myself. Good thing I have a GPS thingy. I will probably still get lost-it will be an adventure!

PennyCampsey
05-21-2008, 07:04 PM
GIRL .. IF YOUR GPS IS LIKE MINE YOU'LL END UP IN Colorado instead of PA ! LOL !

karahess
05-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Corin, Corin, Corin . . . . . . I don't know what to say . . . . I'm laughing hard at you, that outta be worth something . . . . . ok, Adam just fell off the couch and is laughing hard, too!

Hey, I just saw that the Moonshine Festival is this weekend in a nearby community.

PennyCampsey
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
MOONSHINE ??? let's go ! LOL

Corin Nava
05-21-2008, 07:19 PM
:) Yeah, I'm nuts, what can I say.

Penny-We got our GPS b/c we went camping in West Virginia and wanted something that could get us around. Well it got us to West Virginia fine, and everything was going great except that we were camping miles and miles from any town and we decided we wanted to go eat out. So we plugged in the wonderful GPS and looked for the closest restaurant. It didn't seem too far away so we started following the directions. First it brought us up the side of a mountain on a one lane dirt road...no way to turn around and at one point we had to push all the way over to the edge ( I was soo scared) to let a logging truck by. Then it brought us down this back woods road through someones property where there were signs saying trespassers will be shot-lol. But we didn't want to turn around and go back over the mountain so we kept going. Eventually it brought us through this tall grass where there was nothing but tracks for an ATV, but we kept going (stupid stupid us). It brought us to a little stream and wanted us to cross it.... so in our brand new little corolla we crossed a stream and continued on. We kept looking at the GPS thinking OK, this is the worst of it we are almost there. Well, with about a mile to go it brings us to a RIVER and wanted us to cross it! Nevermind the fact that there was NOTHING on the other side, no tracks, no road...nothing! We ended up having to back up until we found a spot that we could turn around and back track all the way. I was so afraid we were going to get stuck and be stranded miles from anyone with no cell phone signal and me being 5 months prego! We learned our lesson to use common sense with the dang thing. I don't know how it thought this little ATV trail was a road!

I don't have to take any mountainous dirt roads to get to the campground right? :)

PennyCampsey
05-21-2008, 07:51 PM
OH my goodness, that should make the worlds record for the worst GPS directions in HISTORY! GEEZ ... yall are better than me, I would have been freakin out ! GO Corolla GO !

PennyCampsey
05-21-2008, 07:51 PM
oh, CORIN .. where in WV did you go camping?

karahess
05-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Who is camping?

Corin
Hess Family
Steph's Family
Kate

Is that it???????

StephanieOlivarez
05-21-2008, 10:53 PM
We are hoping to come camping.
With this problem with Shane--we are afraid that his scope may be on the 6th of June.
I am SO SO upset about this. I can't even begin to tell you. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow and find out when SHane's scope will be.
I really get upset when we all look forward to something and we get something thrown in our faces and we can't put Shane's scope off. It is just to important to find out what exactly is going on.
Keep your fingers crossed that we can get the scope done before this.

Corin Nava
05-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Penny-it was Holly River state park, I'm not sure exactly where in WV that was.

Steph-I hope you can come! Of course health comes first, but hopefully everything works out!

StephanieOlivarez
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Very bad news today!!
They can fit Shane in on June 6th!
I begged and begged the nurse to schudule it on the 30th of May--they only do appointments on Fridays. They are way to over booked.
I am SO SO SO very sad about this.
I was looking so forward to coming, as were the family.
I wanted to meet all of you that were planning on coming--but we have to have this scope done and see what is going on with Shane.

I keep telling myself that there will be another time for us to come and see you Kate. I know there will be. To see you all.
I am not even going to tell the girls--I know they will be upset as I am.

I hope you all have a great time and I will be thinking of you all during that week-end.
Take lots of pictures.

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 04:05 PM
OH StepH!
Please keep us posted oh SHANE !!!
Corin, never heard of that one.

KateC
05-22-2008, 04:21 PM
What the heck, I just wrote a huge post and it did not show up! Now I have to remember what I wrote! I wonder if maybe it was under a different post by accident . . . hmmm . . . pregnancy brain stinks!

Penny there is a huge train at the museum, it is awesome! Primanti's like Kara said is a man place. They made those sandwiches for the steelworkers b/c they did not have time to eat. All that crapola on it, just is not good to me!

Kara - where's the moonshine thing at? I don't think I can drink that LOL! Have you ever had moonshine? Yuck! One sip and I am gone! Wow, I sound like a redneck!!

Cara- the campground is right off the highway, it should be easy to find. If you need help gimmie a call. GPS's are GREEAT! I am going to visit my sister for the first and probably last time until after we have our babies and we are taking our GPS!

Stephanie - you stay home! Shane's health is so much more important. I am just glad they can get him in fast and see what is going on! I will be praying! Hopefully next summer will be calm, and I know I will be able to travel a lot more!! We will miss you and will take pictures!

I keep getting knowcked off and have to sign back in - any idea what is up with that??

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 04:24 PM
oh kate. that happened to me too. wirte the post and never shows up
i think computers are like men, they only do what we tell them 1/2 the time LOL!
what about SARRIS kate ??? YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
ok, so any rochester people ever hear of NICK TAHOES?
THAT makes PRIMANI brothers look like the OLIVE GARDEN!

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 04:24 PM
THAT's rochester, NY steph !

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 04:26 PM
WV is beautifuL !! Look, i was in a hometown restaurant, an obvioulsy out of place person came in looking for a road none of us knew, he said it wasnt on his GPS .. I skickered b/c all I could think about was CORIN's story! I even had to tell a piece of it so I didnt look like a fool giggling at a stranger

KateC
05-22-2008, 04:35 PM
I knwo Sarris is around, doesn't everyone have Sarris? I know all of our schools have Sarris candy sales, should I let you know next time LOL!

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 04:37 PM
GIRL !!
are you kidding me i kill for sarris pretzles! we cannot get sarris anywhere down here, the inlaws bring 'em down everytime they come , it's a must!
yeah, i'm sure I'd make someone top seller if they sold sarris at a fundraiser LOL!

KateC
05-22-2008, 05:01 PM
LOL! I did not know that! I think I can just buy them at the stroe . . . LOL! Craving them?? I can send some!

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 05:05 PM
dont think i wouldnt take you up on that if they wouldnt melt on the way !
man, i crave them constantly! good thing they arent here, i'd be the size of a HOUSE

KateC
05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
LOL!!! Well than next time your up, I'll buy you a bag!

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 05:42 PM
OH YAY ! LOL
i think we are heading up AUG 4th!

karahess
05-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Kate - is your RV still available for me to sleep in or is Chalet Kate all full?

KateC
05-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Sure is! It is just me, probably the puppy, and I don't know what the heck Steve is doing yet. There's lots of room! Heck, I could probably fit Corin in, too and still have about 4 open places to sleep!

I know the hubby has class all weekend, the camp is only 5 minutes away from the college. I was trying to see if my twin niece and nephew could come up so Aaron and Adam had someone to play with. I just don't know if my nephew has TBall that Saturay or not?

karahess
05-23-2008, 08:29 PM
We called the campgrounds and reserved our spot today. They didn't require a deposit. Hmmmm . . . .

I was joking with Chuck tonight and telling him that it really would be cheaper if we stayed in a hotel. The only camping gear we have is a tent and portable grill. We are going to have to buy sleeping bags and lanterns and cookwear and the whole shabang! Look out Dick's - here I come! Really, for real, this is our very first campout ever - not including Chuck and Aaron sleeping in our backyard.

:pool:

Corin Nava
05-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Made my reservation today! I talked to Kim last night, and she quit her job, so now she says she will be coming-which will be great-I won't have to drive alone! I'm still not counting on it, she flakes out on me 90% of the time, but I'm hoping!

Kara-camping is so much fun! I love it. There is nothing like sitting by a camp fire at night!

karahess
05-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Ha ha! I just reread my previous post and I see that it was "censored". Took me forever to figure out what store "censored" is. I guess it didn't like that slang word for the male genitalia that happens to be the name of a sporting goods store. Too funny!

We found someone to borrow 2 sleeping bags from. Hurray! That'll save some money.

AmyMiles
05-27-2008, 08:42 PM
You are all going to have such a great time! Think of me teaching while you are camping!

KateC
06-01-2008, 07:28 PM
That is great Corin!! I didn't think they would actually require a deposit, like I said, it's a small personal place. As far as food, my camper has an oven and stove. I was thinking Saturday for dinner we could all have hotdogs and hamburgers, unless you all are doing something else. Kara, if you like tea, I can make you some in the morning!! Friday night we will have to roast some marshmellows and chit chat. there are plenty of chairs and stuff. Steve will be in and out, he is thinking of taking Friday off to spend with me. I am pretty excited about that. He has had off from the academy all week b/c of memorial day so he has a long weekend ahead of him!! I probably won't be able to egt on much this week b/c of my mom. I spend a lot of time there now. So if you guys need me, call me 412 414 7073! Can't wait to see you guys!!!

karahess
06-01-2008, 07:38 PM
We're still trying to piece and part our camping expidition together. Chuck is the type to drag even the kitchen sink with him so this should be interesting. He's even thinking about bringing the coffee pot since we have electric. Ummmmm - NO CHUCK! What am I going to do with him.

This is going to be interesting!!!

karahess
06-01-2008, 07:41 PM
The Saturday evening cookout sounds GREAT!

Barbara and KevinWagner
06-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Aww! U guys are gonna have a ball camping!!

Kara I sure hope that he leaves the kitchen sink BUT remembers everything else! LOL I can not say much cuz my coffee pot would be first thing in also....oh wait it is already in the trailer! hehehe! I am as bad as Chuck.....I love pampered chef products....everything that is in my house is duplicated in the trailer! we go on a primitive canoe trip every year....last year we got caught watching the price is right.....ooppss! love the generator! LOL no one minded though when it came time to make margarita's......hmmmm....odd huh?!

You guys have a BALL! Think about all of us wishing we were there and take plenty of pics! Also BE CAREFUL!!

Barb

karahess
06-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Looks like we're going to have a scorcher of a camping weekend. Mid to upper 80's and sunny! Remember the sunblock, bottled water and sunhats for the babes.

karahess
06-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Is there a frig in your RV? We're trying to figure out how to keep eggs, milk and meat cold in near 90 degree heat.

Corin Nava
06-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Kara- You are too funny! Camping to me usually means no electricity, no fridge.... just a tent, a good cooler, lots of camp fires! This is going to be a luxury camping trip :)

I'm trying to figure out what I should bring with Makayla.... I have no idea what she is going to sleep in! I'm so excited. Only a few days to go!

karahess
06-02-2008, 08:10 PM
You think I'm bad; Chuck is driving me bonkers with his list of things to take. He's got this written out list of meal plans. I told him that I always thought camping was hot dogs, baked beans, trail mix and smores eaten all the time. He wants pancakes, eggs, bacon, rice, etc. He wants to tea kettle to come along to make tea and I'm like just use a cooking pan to boil water. He wants a radio for music and news; I told him to go sit in the van to listen to it. This is getting so ridiculous and out of control that it's becoming a huge amount of work.

Do you have a camp site with running water and electric, Corin. We do.

karahess
06-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Do you have a pack n play that Makayla could sleep in? What about a bouncer seat? Adam spent many a nights sleeping in those.

Corin Nava
06-03-2008, 07:46 AM
The bouncy seat is a good idea! I'm bringing the pack n play for the daytime, but I don't think it would fit in our tent.

A meal plan-lol. My meal plan is something like-poptarts for breakfast, cold cuts and soup for lunch, and hot dogs for dinner. nice and simple!

KateC
06-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Yes I have a fridge, stove, over, bathroom all the good stuff. You guys are more than welcome to use whatever!! I bought a bathing suit for preggers, it is so cute. This will be the puppy's first time at the camper so it should be interesting! I bought some marshmellows, graham crakers and chocolate last night! I am SOOO looking forward to this!

Kara, do the boys have fishing rods? If not, I have two little ones only thing is, one is barbie ;)

karahess
06-03-2008, 04:27 PM
We don't have any fishing rods. Aaron has been begging for one. I thought you had to have a license to fish there. At least that's what their website said.

KateC
06-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Not a county license, I think you have to purchase them for like 4 or 8 bucks to fish at their lake when you get there.

They do not enforce it much. My mom and dad additional for licenses, so I guess if the boys are using our fishing pole, it's techincally our license LOL! I think they only pay for like four, but every time we go there, there is atleast 10 of us that fish. Like I said I have to kid's ones, but one is Barbie, and if Chuck likes to fish I have a couple adult ones.

DanielleGolding
06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
You guys are going to have the best time! I hope you catch plenty of fish!!

Damon andSharonknott
06-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I cant wait to see the pics and hear the stories!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
06-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Have fun everyone and take lots of photos!!!!! I'll be there in spirit, roast a marshmellow for me! :)

Corin Nava
06-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Wooohoooo! I've got the car packed and ready to go. I'm going to bed and leaving in the early morning! Can't wait!

Damon andSharonknott
06-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Have a safe drive everyone!!!

Looking forward to seeing the pics..

xxx

Damon andSharonknott
06-08-2008, 06:42 AM
I have been thinking of you.. I hope you had a great weekend..

karahess
06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I survived! It was wonderful to get together and meet Corin, Makayla and Kate. It was soooooooo hot!!!! As I suspected, camping is NOT for me! Ha ha! I just might consider doing it again with some CHERUBS members, though. You'll really have to sweet talk me : )

I took over 70 pictures so look for those over the next days.

Damon andSharonknott
06-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Kara - you made it out in one piece!!! Hope the boys didn't get burnt...
I will look out for the pics...

Corin Nava
06-08-2008, 09:13 PM
hahaha-Kara you are too funny! You got to sleep in the camper!!!! I think next time I really need to bring some sort of camping bed, my back is killing me now. Don't forget to email me some of those pictures :)

I had such a great time! Kate and Kara are both amazing people! So were their families. I am so happy I decided to go!

Aaron informed me (as we were getting ready to leave) that Makayla loved him and that he loved Makayla. He told me that Makayla was really going to miss him. When I told him that we were going to see him in July he said he was excited b/c Makayla would be older than :) He is such a little flirt-lol.

Corin Nava
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I didn't get too many pictures, but here is one that I have. It's a bit dark and fuzzy though :(

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/GabrielMommy1118/IMG_0374.jpg

Dawn Torrence Ireland
06-08-2008, 09:26 PM
That is so great!!! Love the photo!!! I really want to make it next year!

Corin Nava
06-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey Dawn-where do you want me to upload the photos I have. Is there a way to make a folder?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
06-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok, added in the Get-togethers section of the album

Finally heading for bed... will catch up tomorrow. Can't wait to see the photos!

Corin Nava
06-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks! I just added the few pics that I have. I can't wait to see all of the one's Kara took!

karahess
06-09-2008, 07:01 AM
That is too funny! He is so funny with what he says. And I'm surprised that he went for a younger girl. He usually likes them older than him : )

karahess
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Can you give us more picture space? I still have about 30 pics that I haven't uploaded. You told me to take lots of pictures and that's what I did!

PennyCampsey
06-09-2008, 09:11 PM
you guys had a ball l bet ..
hey , corin, did you have to cross any rivers in the corolla with GPS ??LOL

Corin Nava
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
lol-nope, I made it there and back without any major issues! Not bad for my first trip driving without Nate :)

Damon andSharonknott
06-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Corin, Kara,
Loved the pics... you guys must of had so much fun!!
Looked like a great place to camp.

PennyCampsey
06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
CORIN !! good :) I had to tease you about that one..
hey, Corin, where are the pics posted ? i'm trying to catch up on here
anyone that wants to come and stop off in VA is welcome to "Camp" here LOL
on our 26 acres, well there have been bear sightings all over the place . hmmmmm

Corin Nava
06-09-2008, 10:18 PM
http://cdhsupport.org/members/album_cat.php?cat_id=181

I wish the group picture came out better-its dark and fuzzy.

Oooohh- 26 acres, that sounds beautiful, bears and all :) Where in VA are you?

PennyCampsey
06-10-2008, 06:54 AM
:lol:

PennyCampsey
06-10-2008, 06:56 AM
arhg my other post didnt post
ok, try again
we are 2 hours off I 77so that sucks, ok, ever hear of Lynchburg, va or roanoke, va
we are only an hour 15 or so from danw

KateC
06-10-2008, 07:46 AM
I got home late Sunday and worked all day Monday : ( So I am a little late posting. I will post some pictures later on tonight. I somehow aquired tons of laundry from the weekend!

I had so much fun this wekeend and it was great meeting Kara and Corin finally! I just LOVED Aaron, he is such a little flirt!!! I took him fishing for the first time and he caught a bass! That is better than me! I would love to do this next summer. I really did have such a nice weekend! Thanks Corin and Kara!

KateC
06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u273/shannonsmommy/GROUPBANNER.jpg

I posted the rest of the pictures in the get together folder! Hey Kara, do you have any of Aaron's fishing pictures?

Corin Nava
06-10-2008, 10:47 AM
OMG Kate I love that! Can you email me a copy so I can post it on Gabe's site :)

KateC
06-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Suree!!!! I was bored today and my laundry is still piled up . . . Oh speaking of, that what I said I was going to do this evening, work on Shannon's site! Okay, I will post some more pics of the trip and e-mail you that then off to update my baby girl!!

DanielleGolding
06-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Kate i love the picture. I'll have to look at them all. Your hair looks great!!! You guys would have had a great time.

KateC
06-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Kara took a lot of pictures and I am going to post some more, so check them out!