PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS is given a place in history on Wikipedia!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Wikipedia never gives individual pages to support groups or even small charities, not without some historical or public significance. I've known of several groups who were deleted from just posting on Wikipedia for blantant commercialization. It was in removing one of those groups from a page about CDH that Wikipedia contacted us after looking at our site and asked if we would like a place in their on-line encyclopedia. Of course we said YES!!!!!!! :)

We had to fight with some Wiki staff who weren't sure we should be there, not even with our legislative petitions, all of our awareness activities, etc. It was a hard argument but 13 years of work, being the world's largest and first CDH organization, having the world's largest parent database for CDH and the fact that we've been in medical journals won them over!!!!

This is a HUGE achievement for CDH Awareness!!!! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHERUBS

karahess
03-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh my goodness Dawn! That is such an incredible honor. GREAT JOB!!

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 02:49 PM
This is FANTASTIC NEWS and it is HUGE!!!!!
Thanks for all your hard work Dawn.
This is great news!!!!!

Corin Nava
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Thats awesome!!! It looks great!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
We *ALL* made this happen! 13 years of wonderful members and volunteers and great doctors helping us!!!! :D

KateC
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
What an accomplishment! That is wonderful!

DanielleKessner
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
That is FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations Dawn, CHERUBS Board members, CHERUBS volunteers and ALL CHERUBS members.

OK, a little question...would it be possible to get CHERUBS UK and CHERUBS Australia listed down the bottom as external links? No problem if they can't but thought it was worth asking.

Tammy Pettus-Kopacz
03-04-2008, 06:44 PM
That is so awesome....next stop....HOLLYWOOD!! hehehe
I'm so proud to be a part of Cherubs.

DarleneSilverman
03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Dawn:
This is a fantastic accomplishment and a real feather in your cap. You are the backbone of this organization and without your dedication, perserverence, hardwork and vision, none of this would have been possible. Thank you for all your selflessness.
Darlene

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Thank you all so much, you have me blushing now. All of us made it possible, especially our incredible volunteers! And we're just getting started!!! :)

Definitely, Hollywood here we come, Tammy! :D

Danielle, I'll see what I can do!! :)

StephanieOlivarez
03-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Dawn---you are the WOMEN!!!!! Without you---we would not be here!!
IMAGINE ALL THE POSSIBILITIES THAT ARE COMING.....ENDLESS....
WE WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO GET CDH AWARENESS OUT THERE!!!

Cristin Russell
03-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Just checked it out....It looks Great!!

Well done Dawn!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Because there are always people that whine or complain... we need to reword the Wiki on CHERUBS. Are they any writers here that can do this? I'm not impartial enough to rewrite it. It needs to sound more "encyclopedia like". It needs to show how CHERUBS is something that has affected society and made a difference without sounding like an "advertisement".

Any volunteers?