PDA

View Full Version : We have a conference hotel - you can now book your rooms!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
You can now book your books at the conference hotel!!! :)

$79.99 a night for Thursday, July 24 - Sunday, July 27, 2008.

The conference itself will be:

Thursday night - Meet and greet
Friday - Conference all day
Saturday morning - relaxed conference at the park

Don't forget our Angel Ball Saturday night and Golf Tournament on Monday if you want to stay for those events as well.

You *HAVE* to call them directly to get our CHERUBS discount and you have to tell them that you are a part of CHERUBS!!! :)

1-919-314-1200

Comfort Suites Hotel RTP / RDU
5219 Page Rd
Durham, NC 27703

These are mini-suites, not rooms and they all have min fridges and microwaves and pull out sofa beds (sleeps 2) along with the regular beds. They have room with 2 beds that with the sofa bed can sleep 6 very comfortably.

This includes breakfast and airport shuttle.

The shuttle will take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel to include shopping centers and restaurants. If you can hitchhike with another member to the park and other events then you can get away with not renting a car here.

The hotel has a pool and a small work out room.

If 30 families book rooms by April 30th then the hotel will cut our conference room fee from $600 to $300 so please get those reservations made! :)

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 05:20 PM
It is real NOW!!!!
I am booking as I am writing this!!!!
I am now totally EXCITED about the conference!!
I know I have said this before- but to book a hotel-makes it seem like we are REALLY coming!!!!
Even Shane is happy!!!!!

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
By the way--LOVE YOUR AVATAR PICTURE DAWN!!!!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Thank you. :)

You know what, Stephanie, somehow I knew you'd be the first to book a room!!! You are always on the ball! :)

It is definitely real and happening, I am up to my ears in events stuff! I will be updating the committee with tons of stuff this evening. NOW, I am starting to freak out about finding a dress! lol.

Everyone, we will post more details soon! Make sure to keep an eye on our site as well. http://www.cdhsupport.org/events

karahess
03-03-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm freaking out too, Dawn! My lose 10 pounds diet has gained me 10 pounds!!

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 06:24 PM
That makes three of us that are freaking out!!!
Can we come in shorts?????lol

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-03-2008, 06:26 PM
You must be on the same diet I am, Kara! lol.

I am going to wait until a few weeks before to buy a dress so it will fit, which means I will be freaking out from now until then that I won't be able to find one that I like!

Corin Nava
03-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Thats great-I am booking my room this week!

I am waiting until July to buy my dress- I am really hoping to come down weighing pre-gabe pregnancy weight which means I still have about 25 lbs to loose... hmmm guess I have some work to do :)

karahess
03-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Where are all of you going to find dresses at that you can get them so quickly! Around here, you have to order them 12 weeks ahead - talk about freaking out!!

Corin Nava
03-03-2008, 07:47 PM
order them? I plan on looking around at clearance dresses at local shops :) One of my good friends got a GORGEOUS wedding gown for $50 on a clearance rack-you just got to hunt :)

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah- around her you have to order them to!!! But-I am like you Corin- I will be looking at the clearance and I think if it was meant to be---I will find the perfect dress and if I don't well.......I'll freak out no matter what!!!!

karahess
03-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Ok, I'm in the middle of Amish/Mennonite country - that just ain't the kind of dress I'm gonna be wanting to wear. Ha ha! I've been searching our po'dunk thrift shops but so far I'm only finding the 1980's dresses. Places like Sears, Macy's, Dillards around here sell skanky little dresses. If I want something decent I'm gonna have to go to bridal shops or travel 2 hours.

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Sounds very familar to where I live Kara!

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-03-2008, 09:15 PM
ok Ladies......PLEASE someone hurry and find a new diet!! I was wondering why I was gaining weight! LOL oh man........dress shopping?!?! YUCK!!! LOL

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Your coming to the conference right Barb???? So you are in the same position we all are!!!
Finding a dress!!!!! Shorts would be nice, huh, ladies!!!!lol

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok, dress thread for dress and diet talk, I need to take this thread over to ask...

Who is planning on attending? How many in your family will be coming?

Who is planning on attending the Angel Ball? http://www.cdhsupport.org/events/angelball.php

Who is planning on participating in the Golf Tournament?
http://www.cdhsupport.org/events/golf.php

We need a show of hands to get some idea of how many are planning to attend so that we can make sure to have enough food, etc.

I realize for some of us money is tight so please buddy up and carpool or share rooms (there is a sofa bed in each room, so that's 2 beds).

We want as many families as possible to attend!

And remember you *MUST* be a CHERUBS member to attend!!!!
(this conference forum is public so I must state that)

Ok, show of hands please!!!!

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I am planning on attending the International conference with Shane, myself, Shelby and Caty(who Shelby is used to), as for the girls-it is un-decided. My mother may want them- so they don't miss Hello Kitty Dance Camp and yes I am dissapointed that they don't offer this camp for kids my age!!!!lol
I will be attending the Angel Ball with Shane. I am hoping that Shelby will stay with Caty-even if for only a few hours.
We do not golf- I think it will be a great event....but we will be heading home that Sunday.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Great, Stephanie!!! All the girls are more than welcome to attend if they don't want to do Hello Kitty Dance Camp (which, I admit, sounds pretty darn cool).

I will be at the Conference, along with my sister, Trisha, who is a nurse who is sitting for the kids. I'm trying to talk my mom into attending too but not sure she can handle the emotions of it so she probably won't attend.

Craig and I both will be at the Angel Ball and Golf Tournament, along with my other sister, Christie, who is volunteering at the golf tournament. I have several other family members who will probably attend the Angel Ball as well... I'm working hard to sell as many tickets as possible and that includes hitting up family! lol.

Angel Ball tickets and Golf Tournament registration will start on April 1st and you will be to purchase both from our site.

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I am planning on attending with Shane and Logan......I will be attending the ball (hopefully with Kev.....) and I think that we will stay for the golf tourney.

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Your family sounds wonderful Dawn.
Trisha-I think it is wonderful that she is willing to sit for the kids! Thanks Trisha. It may be hard on your Mom. If she doesn't attend that is ok-she will be sending positive thoughts!
I can't wait to meet Craig and Christie-they sound like great people!
I hope it won't just be your family and Shane and I attending all these great events!!!lol

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-03-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm guessing there will be about 75 to 100 members there. Definites so far are:

Me and Craig
Stephanie and family
Barbara and family
Tara and family
Corin and family
Kara and family

Who else????

Once this newsletter hits postal mailboxes and e-mail then we'll get a much better idea who will be attending.

StephanieOlivarez
03-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I think that no matter who attends----we will have a great time!! I would love to see ALL members attend. But times are hard, I understand that.
It just will show that no matter what---we are a family that has been on this CDH journey and will only continue to support each other and other's who are not able to come to these great events- we are all in this together. Taking each step - together.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Amen, Stephanie, you are so right! And we will be videotaping it so that members who can't attend can still feel like they were there. :)

Damon andSharonknott
03-04-2008, 01:45 AM
you lot have me LOL
good luck with dress hunting.
xx

karahess
03-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Just face it, we're all going to look like giant marshmallows drifting across the dance floor!

karahess
03-04-2008, 08:59 AM
We are planning on attending the Friday conference events and the Angel Ball. It's iffy as to the golf tournament. It's also iffy as to the Thursday evening meet and great. All depends on when Chuck can bug out of work.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Bite your tongue, Kara! I intend to look like an ice cycle... oh those are clear and not white. There is nothing skinny and white for this analogy! LOL.

Ok, back to a show of hands who is attending...

Corin Nava
03-04-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm coming! :) Its looking like it will be me, Nate, Jeanne (MIL), and Makayla. We will be there for the meet and greet, conference, and nate and I will be at the ball. I don't think we will be able to stay for the golf tournament.

DanielleKessner
03-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I just had to post and tell you all I am almost in tears. I wish SO badly I could come :(
Even if I would add to the 'giant marshmallows' in attendance! lol I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. One year I will be there. I had plane tickets in my hand one year and it got cancalled so I didn't end up coming over at all.

I have to go get some tissues now :cry:

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I get to meet Makayla and Jeanne too! :) I'm looking forward to seeing you and Nate again, Corin.

Danielle.... I feel the same way every year when you e-mail about the Aussie conference dates. And then when I was going to that wedding 2 years ago in Australia that got canceled (I don't think they ever got married).... we have the worst luck with traveling to each other's countries! So many events and conferences and I told Tara yesterday that I should just get a job for an airline so I can fly for free! lol. My mom wants to go to Australia so badly and I want to bring her with me a to a conference - but she won't fly. A month on a ship is not going to happen! lol. But some day I will get there and you will get here!!! :)

Tammy Pettus-Kopacz
03-04-2008, 06:37 PM
:_-( I'm sad too Danielle....I really want to go. But I just can't afford it right now. You gals are all going to have so much fun. I so jealous.

Dawn, your avitar is a beautiful picture. Where are you?

Been doing the ALLI diet ladies. :aero
I've lost 15 pounds!!! WOO HOO!!

JodeW
03-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I would really love to come. My dad lives in NC. I will be 7 months pregnant then. I will talk it over with Mike. I want to meet everyone. I love all of you I feel like I have known you forever.
Jode

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Tammy, I'll say prayers that you can find a way to come. We'd love to see you!

I'm at the ocean in that photo. I love how sunset light takes makes you look younger. I think that's my new photo rule - I will only pose for photos at sunset. LOL

Congrats on the weight loss!!!! :) I lost 10 lbs after Christmas but I found it again. Sour cream has become my new addiction.

Jode, it would be great if you can come! Tell Mike we said pretty please!! :)

AndreaRyan
03-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi! I know you are really busy but whenever you get a chance I have a few questions. Do we need to tell someone we are attending? Or do we just book a room? What happens at the conference? Angel ball? I am really interested in attending and also volunteering if you need anything at all done. Let me know when you have a chance.
Andrea Ryan

StephanieOlivarez
03-22-2008, 02:16 PM
That is great that you are planning on attending Andrea. Yes, I would go ahead and book your room. When you are booking your room make sure to tell them that you are apart of CHERUBS. This way you will get the discounted rate.
This is my first year attending CHERUBS International Conference. I am very excited.
You can take a look at http://www.cdhsupport.org/events and it tells about all the events for that week-end.
Thursday will be a meet and greet with pizza at the hotel. Friday will be conference--children will have entertainment. Dawn is working on guest speakers and I believe we will have round table discussions.
Saturday morning there will be an informal conference at Pullen Park in Releigh. Where we can have an more casual setting.
Saturday evening is the Angel Ball. The Angel BAll will be a formal affair held at Duke Gardens. There will be a silent auction. Attire will be black tie, with an emphasis on "white" and women will be encouraged to pull out their old wedding dresses. Dawn has said that gold and silver dresses are also ok. Duke Gardens is gorgeous.
CHERUBS is also doing a Golf Outing.
Do take a look at the website I gave you.
If you have any more questions- please do not hesitate to ask.
Looking forward to meeting you.

PennyCampsey
04-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Do you guys have a count yet of how many families you are expecting ! ??
Scott, Cole and Myself are coming, however we will commute, not spend the night..
Just curious and wanted to say WE ARE COMING :)

karahess
04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
I've been wondering the same thing, too. How is the hotel booking coming along. I keep forgetting to reserve.

StephanieOlivarez
04-09-2008, 04:34 PM
We have booked our room.
Penny-so you have your new dell????
You have been missed Girl!!!!!

LynneB
04-09-2008, 07:53 PM
How much are the tickets to the Angel Ball? How do we purchase them?

Corin Nava
04-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Tickets should be going on sale this month. I believe you will be able to purchase them through the website.

LynneB
04-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks Corin! I really hope to attend. We live so close in the Upstate of S.C. and are from the Winston-Salem area of N.C. that I guess we have no excuse not to be there. I cannot wait to meet all of you wonderful people. I feel like I know you already. It is such a priviledge to have you all open your hearts and lives to all of us.

Corin Nava
04-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I hope you do attend!! I think it is going to be a great weekend! Are you planning on going to the conference to? How far of a drive is it for you - 3 hr or so? I am so excited to meet everyone in person too! Which reminds me-I better book my room this week :)

LynneB
04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
It is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from our house, but about 1 1/2 hours from my inlaws. I need to talk to my hubby and find out what will work best for us. I would like to attend the conference too. We have 3 teenagers as well as our Cherub, Baer so we will need to coordinate every ones schedules. The three teens are still adjusting to having a baby in the house!

PennyCampsey
04-09-2008, 10:18 PM
LYNNE ... I'M ONLY ABOUT 1 1/2 HOUR FROM WINSTON... LOVE THAT MALL LOL!
STEPH!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the DELL ..still trying to learn it as you can tell.. i have LEARNED how to shrink pics though!!! YAHOO,....
COLE HAS STREP THROAT! argh

StephanieOlivarez
04-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Penny-
Sorry to hear that Cole has strep throat!!!Bless his heart.
Thinking of you guys today and hope Cole gets better QUICK!!!
You'll get the hang of the Dell--no problem!!!!!

LynneB
04-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Penny,
I miss Hanes Mall something awful! I can't wait to meet you at the conference. Sounds like we have alot in common. :lol:

AmyMiles
04-10-2008, 09:07 PM
We are looking into attending, just waiting for ticket information. I think that I still need to pay my membership dues?

Corin Nava
04-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Oh Amy I hope you can come!!!! Would you be coming for all the events? Ticket information should be coming out very soon on the angel ball and golf tournament~ I believe Dawn is just finishing up the coding to sell tickets through the website.

Are you talking about membership dues for CHERUBS? I don't think there are really any annual "dues" just a donation if you can afford to.

PennyCampsey
04-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Lynne .. they better watch us we might disappear to crabtree valley mall in raleigh .. lol.. that used to be the MALL in raleigh when I was in college,i'm bet that has all changed now..
Cant wait to meet you too, it is going to be fun........

AmyMiles
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Corin do you know how much the tickets are? I thought I saw something about CHERUB membership dues, but then I saw somewhere that it is free to parents. We are planning on donating in memory of Faith very soon.

karahess
04-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Lynne and Penny - I'll join you at Crabtree. My sister lives in Raleigh and loves Crabtree. She talks of it often.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm working on the coding to buy the tickets. They will be $50 each person. We need to figure out a discount to members, give the committee a week or so decide on that.

There's no membership fee at CHERUBS, just donations if you can afford it. Even if $5 a year or whatever you can afford is fine. It's fine if you can't donate too. We don't want anyone without support because of money.

StephanieOlivarez
04-11-2008, 04:39 PM
COME ON LADIES!!!!!!!!!AND GENTS!!!!!
GET YOUR ROOMS BOOKED FOR THESE GREAT EVENTS!!!!!!
We will have so much fun being together and getting to know each other.

Corin Nava
04-11-2008, 06:15 PM
As Steph is saying above PLEASE get your rooms booked soon if you plan on attending!!!!

Just a reminder:
If 30 families book rooms by April 30th then the hotel will cut our conference room fee from $600 to $300 so please get those reservations made! Smile

LynneB
04-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I actually have been to Crabtree Mall once! It still pales in comparison to Hanes Mall. I am sooooooooo bad. I recorded Baer's first trip the Mall and to the outlet Mall in Concord, in his baby book. My hubby asked me please not to turn him in to Mommy's little shopping buddy, like our 12 year old was!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
CHERUBS 2008 International Member Conference - Book Rooms Before April 30th Please!

If 15 families books their rooms before April 30th then CHERUBS will save $600 on the conference room.... since we have a shred of a shoestring budget for this conference it would really help us to be able to save this money! For booking information please visit our site at http://cdhsupport.org/events/conference/

TaraHall
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Does it count if you book on April 30th? I just booked mine so I hope it still counts. The gentleman was very nice and said they still had rooms available (don't know if that was a good thing or not). So we are booked :)

Tara

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I think they are counting April 30th. Can someone please post to the listservs to book rooms by today? You can link to this forum thread or the conference pages on the site - http://www.cdhsupport.org/events/conference/

I can't get my e-mail to work to send e-mail. :( Thank you!!!!!

TaraHall
04-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Doing it now

Tara

TaraHall
04-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I can't do N/S list though. Oh and I am in on that Mall trip!

Tara

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Thank you, Tara!!! :) Corin, can you post to the other list?

I finally figured out the video software I installed is messing with my mail software and slowing down the whole machine. Ugh, just when I finally got up enough nerve to start Shane's video. Bear with me until I fix this mail issue please! Stephanie, will have that list to you as soon as I can!

Southpoint Mall is where I go to the mall. It's cleaner, safer, nicer, etc. Just an idea!

TaraHall
04-30-2008, 05:17 PM
You're welcome. I almost emailed you cussing but it seems all is ok now LOL. I went to go to another forum and had to log back in five hundred times and still couldn't get in so I just gave up and shut the computer down. Looks like I am back for now. :)

Tara

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
You wouldn't be the first person cussing at me today! LOL. Did you try the AOL info I sent you a few weeks ago? Seems everyone on AOL has issues with the site.

TaraHall
04-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Me? Follow directions? I thought I had already done that when we were trying to do that other thing before. I still have the email so I will try it. It is working fine right now though. How do I get my little ribbon thing so I can post it in my emails and in my signature line? You know I am computerly challenged LOL

Tara

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Barb should've sent directions to you when she sent your ribbon.... oh, Barb? :) I'll look for them. I think they're posted here on the forum somewhere too.

TaraHall
04-30-2008, 06:21 PM
She probably did, again me and directions LOL. I probably have them saved. She is on a ship out in some exotic place right now isn't she? I told her I didn't like her anymore :)

Tara

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Ohhhh, that's right, she is on a ship right now. Yeah, I'd gladly trade places with her right now too. lol.

TaraHall
04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok I sent you an email but I found out what I need to do about the cookies. I did it but it said it was fixed thru Internet Explorer (which is what we did last time). I think I may just have to use IE when I log onto the site instead of regular AOL if it keeps happening.

Thanks! Now to find my email for my ribbon LOL. I only have 256 :D