PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter Mailing List & Returned Newsletters

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm waist deep in printing and putting together newsletters, along with other stuff, today.

This is a reminder to please uncheck the box on your Profile for the mailing list if you are active here on the site and don't mind printing off your own newsletter.

And please, please, please make sure your mailing address is up-to-date. I have a stack of over 100 holiday postcards with returned addresses that I have to go through by hand and fix in the database. That's an entire day spent that I could be doing something else and I can't delegate this particular job.

We had ink donated that we're using for this newsletter but it's still expensive because we could use that ink on other things. By the time we add in printing and postage it's about $6 per newsletter that we mail out. For free. Thank you to those of you who subscribe through PayPal to help cover the costs of your newsletters! Each time one is returned that's $6 down the drain as by the time it gets back to us it's been stamped all over, mushed and crushed. And overseas mailing rates are insane - I sent a t-shirt last week that cost $25 to mail. So please, please help us to keep this expense down by keeping your profile updated and by clicking no on that box for the mailing list if you can print newsletters yourself. Thank you!!!

And on a personal note - I'm printing this newsletters here myself, putting them together, stapling, labeling, stamping... about 1200 newsletters. So every returned newsletter means I did that work for nothing. And everyone who isn't on the mailing list saves me time and papercuts. :) I have 4 volunteers helping this weekend though, yeah!

Amy and Danielle and I are having to go through and fix old e-mail addresses and that is quite a task too. So please keep your e-mail addresses up to date too. :)

Corin Nava
03-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Dawn-how do you print off the newsletters so that they come out in order? I am having a sleep deprived moment (atleast thats my excuse)-and having trouble with it.

karahess
03-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't find any check box in my profile. I'm cool with printing my own. No mailing needed for me.

Cristin Russell
03-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Can't find the box to check here either.... no need to mail me one..

KateC
03-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Neither can I, I'll print my own off though!

ChrissyJones
03-08-2008, 05:16 PM
i printed the newsletter and the pages r not in order???

StephanieOlivarez
03-08-2008, 05:27 PM
How are you guys printing out the newsletter with them being a differnt size from regular paper?
I told my printer to fit the document to size and it made it the size of the the parents ref guide-like a book size.
Help!!!!

KateC
03-08-2008, 05:34 PM
I just printed it then cut the pages in half and put them in order. LOL, I can't figure that out! I did the same thing when I printed out the Parent reference guide. :D

Corin Nava
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I know there has to be a specific way to get them to come out right-but I can't figure it out! Dawn-Help!!! I really want to get some printed! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's having issues, atleast I know its not just me!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Ok, working on it. I used MS Publisher for the last 2 newsletters instead of trusty old MS Word so this is new to me. It's on 8.5 x 14" (legal size) paper so we could print it ourselves. 6 sheets, front and back at 4 pages a sheet. I'm trying to get it to print on pdf one page at a time. I'll figure it out as soon as I can.

Mailing List Settings - click on Profile up top and it's down near the bottom. I forgot to make that public so you could see it. It's fixed now.

I have to go through 75 event volunteers today and get them all straight but as soon as I do that I'll get onto this newsletter issue and will catch up on posts and regular volunteer stuff. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm praying for everyone who needs them!

ShankariMurali
03-10-2008, 09:28 AM
I try and print mine too. So no need to print for me.

Thanks.

DanielleKessner
03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

I think a lot of members had previously ticked the newsletter box when completing their membership application. This may even have been years ago! If you can help CHERUBS save HEAPS of money by printing your own newsletter or reading it electonic please go and check if you have this box ticked in your profile and change it to a no if possible. To find it scroll right towards the bottom of your profile. The relevant question is 4 questions ABOVE the Preferences section. If you still can't find it let me know via email kessam@tpg.com.au and I will go in and change it for you. It's easier for me to track via email than via the posts. But please try and find it yourself first so that I don't have to do hundreds :)

KateC
03-10-2008, 07:45 PM
I unchecked mine.

Damon andSharonknott
03-10-2008, 09:44 PM
I have also unchecked mine :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Thank you Danielle and everyone else who unchecked their boxes!!!! :) If you haven't done so, please do. Please don't make me go in there and do it for you... Danielle is right - a few or a dozen or a 100 or so "can you please..." do add up! And this is something you all can do yourselves. And it's soooooo appreciated!!!! :D

I just uploaded another version of the newsletter in the downloads section that prints 1 page at a time.

But if you want to make copies for hospitals, etc, I do suggest the other version that folds into the newsletter format.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Just a reminder! To save money, please uncheck your Newsletter Mailing List box in your Profile if you can read the newsletter on-line.

And please, please make sure your mailing address is up to date. We had about 50 newsletters returned with the last issue - that's an awful lot of wasted postage, ink and paper!!