PDA

View Full Version : Babies: Special Delivery

KateC
03-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Not sure if anyone posted onthis, I couldn't see anything.

Babies: Special Delivery episode "Turning Point" originally aired in 2003 on Discovery Helath Channel.

Airing again tonight, 3/11, at 5pm and 3/12 at 5am.

I started watching it half way through this morning. There was a CDH baby about 1/3 of the way through, Baby Isiah, who lived for 8 weeks. Very, very short descirption. I was not sure if there was another CDH case in the show earlier or not.

StephanieOlivarez
03-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Thank you for the heads up Kate.
I have a copy of Infants fight for Life and it was from the Discovery Channel- I wonder if it is the same one? No matter, I will be watching it tonight at 5pm.
I hope it is a different episode---that way more CDH Awareness is getting out to the public.
I wish in Television land every single person that has a TV could watch nothing but this Babies: Special Delivery episode "Turning Point" I know that would get people more aware of CDH!!!!! Oh, what I could do if I was President!!!!!!lol

Corin Nava
03-11-2008, 12:00 PM
thanks kate!

KateC
03-11-2008, 01:08 PM
There is a lot of new shows of the Discovery Health Channel about pregnancy/delivering/babies. I try to watch as many as I can during the day, to see if anything comes on. I know they have a new show called "Deliver Me" I can't remember when it is on though. I would imagine that some of these newer shows would have something on it. So if you get the channel - keep an eye on the new shows!!

karahess
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks. I've never seen that one. I set the DVR to record.

Corin Nava
03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
I have been banned from watching those shows for the most part b/c I would always get emotional-even before Gabe was born!

TaniaSmythe
03-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Darryl and I stopped our paid TV when i was pregnant with Jacob as i use to watch all those pregnant/babies programmes and they use to upset me too much. With our free to air TV i does not have any of those programmes but i could easily sit and watch them all day.

StephanieOlivarez
03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Ok, it was not on my Discovery channel and I even scanned to tomorrow at 5am!!! STRANGE!!!!
Who got to watch it? Please share what is was about?

KateC
03-11-2008, 06:41 PM
It's Discovery Health Channel. There is regular old Discovery and Discovery Health.

Steve does not know I watch the programs. He gets too upset if I have them on and makes me turn them. So, technically, I guess I am suppose to be banned, too! I just don't tell him I watch them. I guess I still look to make sure I am not the only one who this stuff happens to. The "Bringing Home Baby" and other show, it just slipped my mind, those upset me and I can't watch them. Just because I never brought a baby home, or had a "normal" pregnancy.

karahess
03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I did record it, but haven't watched it yet.

Ok, I'm not trying to be rude and skip over lots of people's topics, but our internet is still messed up and it seems to let me on for about 20 minutes and then boots me. When I do get on this site, it takes abnormally long to pull up messages and respond.

StephanieOlivarez
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Can you call your internet provider and see if it is a mess up on their end?
It could be due to all the snow and the towers being messed up!?!?
Are you doing ok Kara? How much snow is still on the ground? Are the snow plows able to keep up with all the snow?

Leave it to you and me to change the topics--yet again!!!

Please share what the program was about.

Michelle Long
03-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Kara - I am having the same problems and we have 70 degree weather.

I would also love to hear about the show.

Does anyone else feel like it would take CDH happening in a famous person's family before word will really be out? I know great strides have been made but if a Hollywood star had a CDH baby it would be on more than just Discovery channels. Please don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish CDH on anyone.

Kristin Morrow
03-12-2008, 02:03 AM
I have my DVR set to record it this morning. It is on here at 2am! I have seen previews for the Deliver Me show but I haven't watched it yet. Here in AZ its on at like 10pm on Tuesday nights. Can't wait to watch that show tomorrow!!

Cristin Russell
03-12-2008, 07:54 AM
I was up at 5am this morning... turned on the TV and wouldn't you know it... this episode was on... I'd seen it before... I've wondered where the Mom Rain is.. I wonder if we'd ever hear from her....

Michelle.... I've always thought that same thing... I'm sure it CDH would get huge media attention if a celebrity was diagnosed...

karahess
03-12-2008, 08:53 AM
I have to laugh at the celebrity comment. I know what you're trying to say, but it sounds silly. Let's go pick out a celebrity and tell them to have a CDH baby. How about Oprah? She's got great pull in the community.

I'm watching the Delivery show now. The first case has the intestinal tract on the outside, then the second mother, Rain is having a CDH baby.

StephanieOlivarez
03-12-2008, 09:08 AM
If we keep working hard at spreading CDH Awareness---believe me it will get out to the public. We cannot EVER give up the fight to get people aware of this horrible defect and how it affects families all over the world.
If we all continue to get the awareness out there- it will only help our cause and that to me is worth trying any aspect to get CDH awareness out to the world.

karahess
03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Ok, I have to take a break from watching the CDH recording. I'm having a hard time dealing with it and am crying too much.

StephanieOlivarez
03-12-2008, 09:40 AM
I feel for you Kara. It is hard to watch CDH recordings becasue of what you have been through and what other families are going through, will go through in the future and their is NO AWARENESS out there. Only those of us affected by CDH know about it and that is something all of us should try and change.
Smile Kara and have a great day and hugs to you.

karahess
03-12-2008, 09:43 AM
I finished the episode and sadly the CDH baby did not survive.

AshleyKnight
03-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I have never seen anything on tv about CDH, and I just heard that it was on. Anyways, I thought that the "deliver me" premiered on March 5th on TLC, I didn't get to watch it though. I'm confused is it on TLC or Discovery health? Hey Steph do by chance have an extra copy of Infants fight for life?

KateC
03-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Like I said I missed the begining and had class last night and work this morning. My parents don't have DVR. Is my house ready to be moved in to yet?!? I miss my DVR!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Well, not that we'd wish CDH on anyone but there is a celebrity in the U.S. who had a CDH baby and I've been talking with her manager this week to see if she wants to be our CHERUBS spokesperson. :) I shant post a name yet because well, we have issues with well, you know who, and we don't want this sabotaged (and if you know who - either the celebrity or the person who would try to sabotage it - please don't post either). I'll let you all know who once it's official! Say some prayers!!! :)

TaniaSmythe
03-12-2008, 04:25 PM
That is great news that there is a celebrity who has had a baby with CDH especially if he/she would be a spokesperson NOT that im glad that this person has had a CDH baby though just that it would help with awareness.
Hopefully he/she will help us with awareness

StephanieOlivarez
03-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Dawn-that would be great to have a celebrity as a CHERUBS spokesperson.
Is this celebrity a member of CHERUBS now? I am sorry that he/she has had to deal with CDH--but this would be fantastic to have him/her help to spread CDH Awareness.
Now I am wondering what this celebrity situation is---can you share a little with us?!?!? :) just the situation part!!!!!

StephanieOlivarez
03-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Ashley- I do have one copy of the Infants fight for life.
I would love to send you a copy. Do you have a VCR? or should I try and get it taped to a DVD?
If anyone else would like a copy---please let me know and I will get a count up and have some made and send them out.
I will go to the Video store next week sometime.

KateC
03-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Ashley, it's Discovery Health.

Dawn, you do such a wonderful job! I am glad to see you have found a celebrity spokesperson! Also, sadden we have to share CDH with them. I will be keeping my fingers crossed :) I would not have even known where to start for that one!!

StephanieOlivarez
03-13-2008, 06:24 PM
WHO IS THIS CELEBRITY?????????

Cristin Russell
03-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I found a British celebrity.... I don't think it's the one Dawn is talking about ....

KateC
03-13-2008, 07:45 PM
You found one too, to be the spokesperson?!? This is just great!! I am afraid to right to the media about Shannon. Last October, I wrote every newspaper and news channel in my area twice, and they never responded. I am not sure how many people really want to here stories with not so happy endings.

Cristin Russell
03-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh no... not to be the spokesperson... I just did a google search and found a British soap opera actress who lost her CDH baby at a year old... so sad... I don't know if she even knows about CHERUBS....

KateC
03-13-2008, 08:09 PM
OOooohh!! I gotcha :)

Kristin Morrow
03-16-2008, 01:04 AM
I watched it finally! My husband and I watched that episode the other night. So sad!!! does anyone know if Rain is apart of CHERUBS? I think CDH should be featured on a newer episode of that show. are there any pregnant mom's on here that maybe could be featured? I think everyone has delivered already???? just a suggestion.

KateC
03-16-2008, 09:16 AM
I think we are "running low" on expectant parents - which is good!! I know most of them that post have had their babies or just about ready to . . . that would be a great idea, I'll try and find some contact info for the shows on Discovery Health

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Rain isn't a member of CHERUBS.

We need to search on-line for more expectant parents - mainly search blogs for them. Any volunteers to do this? Just search and if you find any, reach out to them and give them our link so they know that they aren't alone.

I still haven't seen this episode. Will make a point to try to find it on-line this week!

KateC
03-16-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't really know how blogs work. How do you do a search for them online?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-16-2008, 02:01 PM
I just google diaphragmatic hernia and blog and when I find one where a family is posting I just leave a message there for them and invite them to join us here.