PDA

View Full Version : Requests For CDH Awareness Ribbons...

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey everyone! I am all caught up on ribbons sooooo.......I need some requests! LOL

Let me know if you need help posting your ribbons also. 8-)

Barbara

Kristin Morrow
03-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Are you doing the personalized ribbons, like Dawn has on her profile? I would love to have one of those! Let me know what you need. thanks

TaniaSmythe
03-12-2008, 02:31 AM
I am having trouble putting my ribbon on my signature (i'm sure my brain has turned to mush lately) could you give me instructions please :-)

StephanieOlivarez
03-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks Tania-I am having trouble also!!!
Barb-are you fixing the ribbons also?
Shelby's birthday is wrong on hers. Can you please help me!!!!???????

Michelle Long
03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
I have no idea where to get started. I have been admiring Dawn's ribbon and wondered how she did it. I would love to have one of these. Does anyone know where I can get a CHERUBS license/vanity plate? I want everyone to see the CHERUBS name on every side of my car :)

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi Kristin all I need is a pic and dates--u can send them to bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org.

Tania I will play with the sig and give u step by step instructions.

Stephanie...send me your pic and date and I will get it fixed for u.

Michelle you can order the Awareness Ribbon car magnet. They are GREAT! I was worried about mine getting ruined by the snow and salt or losing it....but they are awesome! Weather has not damaged them and they are still stuck to all the vehicles! LOL

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Here is more info on the car magnets:

Regular Size (8" x 4") ribbon magnet: http://www.supportourribbons.com/m/160153
1 for $7.99 each
10 for $5.99 each
50 for $4.26 each
125 for $3.98 each
500 for $3.30 each

Mega Size (16" x 8") ribbon magnet:
http://www.supportourribbons.com/m/160166
1 for $24.99 each
10 for $18.99 each
50 for $16.99 each
125 for $16.99 each
500 for $16.99 each

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Here is more info on the car magnets:

Regular Size (8" x 4") ribbon magnet: http://www.supportourribbons.com/m/160153
1 for $7.99 each
10 for $5.99 each
50 for $4.26 each
125 for $3.98 each
500 for $3.30 each

Mega Size (16" x 8") ribbon magnet:
http://www.supportourribbons.com/m/160166
1 for $24.99 each
10 for $18.99 each
50 for $16.99 each
125 for $16.99 each
500 for $16.99 each

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh and check our cafepress store for the license plates...I know that we have the surrounders on there> 8-)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Thank you, Barb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're an angel for doing these!!!!!!!! 0:-)

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Oh Dawn I am glad that we have finally found something that I can do!! LOL I am happy to do them. Now i want MORE requests! LOL

Ok now for the signature. here is what I did. I have not been able to figure it out here on the site so I do it the easy way! LOL I use a website called photobucket.com. U can upload your photo's, graphics there. Then when they r uploaded underneath each file u will see the coding already done for u. all you have to do is click on the bottom one (img), then paste it into your signature (under profile) here on CHERUBS. Don't forget to save your sig! This works on Myspace, facebook etc as well. Very simple! Plus you can make albums, slideshows and videos on there.....I have not used photobucket yet for videos or slideshows but the picture storage and that r free! Check it out! It make it really simple!

Barbara

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Well, I expect all volunteers to be using these on their CHERUBS mail so that's a lot to do! (such a discreet hint, huh? lol).

Myspace, Facebook, MSN, blogs, web sites.... and pass them to family and friends too everyone! You do not have to be a CHERUBS member to use them!

Thank you, Barb!

TaniaSmythe
03-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks for that, after i get the kids off to bed tonight i'll be giving it another go. I have imageshack so i'll try that first. I already have it on my signature an another forum that i'm on and love it :-)

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I am so glad that u are using it!! I think that Dawn is awesome and this was a great idea!!

I have not heard of imageshack......but I am going now to check it out! LOL

TaniaSmythe
03-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Imageshack works well too! Thanks for the help Barbara, i may have to resize mine though it's looking rather big compared to yours :-)

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-13-2008, 01:04 AM
my first try was REALLY big!! Glad to see that it worked for you! If you need help resizing just let me know.

Barb

Michelle Long
03-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Barbara - I would love to have one of these with my Angel's pic. Will you make one for me? What info do I need to give you?

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi michelle Just email me (bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org) a picture and dates. I will e-mail the ribbon back to u.

Barb

DanielleKessner
03-13-2008, 03:32 PM
HELP!!!! Barb or Tania!!!!

I am normally reasonably competent when it comes to doing things on the computer and I can't work out how to get my ribbon to attached to my signature line in the profile section. So I know others must be having trouble as well. I have it on my regular email and will be able to add it to Alyssa's site but this has me stumped!

I go into my profile and select edit signature. Then what??? Do I have to do something with the Image button? When I click on that is comes up with SO then I think maybe that is not right? I have the codes to use - Dawn supplied those. OK, so do I have to have the HTML switched on? I tried pasting the code in but that didn't anything either???

So can I (and others???) please have a step by step set of instructions on how to get the ribbon added to our signature in the profile section. It really will need to can every step/detail to make sure we understand as everything else has gone over my head!

Just had a thought, my ribbon is on my email but it is supposed to contain a hyperlink? If you receive an email from me are you suppose to be able to click on it to have a direct link to the site or is it just for awareness purposes? Cos I don't think mine hyperlinks.

OK, I feel like a computer dud today! I had better go get ready for work where I know what I am doing on the computer, lol.

TaniaSmythe
03-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Danielle, you need a web code to attach it to your signature. You could either use photobucket as described in this thread by Barbara or if you want you can email me the picture and i will put it through my imageshack and give you the code to use. It only takes me a minute to get the code so i am happy to help you if you want :-).
P.S I have mine rather large at the moment but am going to go back into it today sometime and make it smaller

StephanieOlivarez
03-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Barb-can you do the same thing with CHERUBS email? To get the ribbon there also?
I am going to try this!!!!Wish me luck!!!lol

StephanieOlivarez
03-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Now reading Danielle's post--I am totally confused!!!!!
Tania-you make it sound so easy.
I love your baby ticker Tania!

TaniaSmythe
03-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Oh it is Steph, i had a brain freeze when i first tried but then Barbara told me how and it was simple

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-13-2008, 10:01 PM
ok guys......here is a littel step by step (especially if I e-mailed a ribbon to u) Hope this helps everyone~!

1. open the e-mail with the ribbons

2. scroll down to the small ribbon

3. right click on it and select SAVE PICTURE AS

4. a new box opens....u can select which folder to put the pic in....just remember which one! Check what the file name is also....if I sent u the ribbon the file will always be CDHAwarenessRibbon (Your childs name)small.jpg..........your large ribbon will have the exact same name EXCEPT it will not have "small" after your childs name.

5. Click save

6. go to photobucket.com and sign in....this even works with Imageshack

7. go to upload photo

8. click browse

9. go to the folder that u saved the ribbon in and select the file name then click open

10. click upload

11. after the file is uploaded u will see the ribbon...this is for photobucket....underneath u will see 4 different codes......click on the bottom one (IMG).when u click on it it will automatically copy the link. imageshack will list the codes also.

12. go to CHERUBS and select profile

13. click on EDIT SIGNAURE

14. scroll down to the edit box and click in it......now paste (right click or on your keyboard hold the ctrl key and the V key) then save!

15 that is it!! Now go test by posting and remember to check the signature box! 8-)

You will want to use the small ribbon for your signature.......u can follow these same instructions with the large ribbon.......if you want to put the large ribbon on Myspace (or other places) u follow the same steps but paste the code into your profile.

Let me know if u need any other help!

Barb

TaniaSmythe
03-13-2008, 10:07 PM
See told you it was simple Steph :-)

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Steph....u can use this in your cherubs e-mail.......

sign in to your cherubs e-mail and at the top u will see settings.....click that and scroll to the bottom. You will see the signature box......now go to your photobucket and your small ribbon pic....click on the HTML code. Now paste that into the sig box on your e-mail and click save settings on the left.

Tania....U r so funny! I love it! U r so positive! 8-)

StephanieOlivarez
03-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Barb-YOU ARE MY HERO and Tania you are my cheerleader and I DID IT!!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
Ow going to try my email!!!!!

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-13-2008, 10:24 PM
WOOHOOO Steph!! I knew u could do it!!! Very nice!! LOL now lets work on the messenger thing! hehehehe

TaniaSmythe
03-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Great work Steph :-)
looks great

StephanieOlivarez
03-13-2008, 10:58 PM
I have just been trying to get it on my home email-I go through webmail and I could not do that!!! I am done playing with the ribbon for the night.
Oh Lordy---messenger issue---I think I would throw this laptop right out the window!!!!lol
But I do want to do that Barb.
THESE RIBBONS ARE SO COOL!!!!!!!
I wonder if we can get them made at the ribbon's place with our children's pictures on them? That would be VERY awesome!!!!!!
If it wasn't for you guys (Barb & Tania) I would have given up. Everytime I would look at your ribbon-I would say---why can't I figure this out!!!THANKS!!!!!!

DanielleKessner
03-14-2008, 01:07 AM
OK, I think it is going to work although it may be really big - I guess I will adjust that if it is too big.

Thanks heaps for that Barb. :D
I guess it was just wrong coding before or something?

Here goes....

Yep, too big - just looked at the preview. Back to it :)

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-14-2008, 01:21 AM
It looks great Danielle! If it was smaller than that one u could not read it!

Barb

DanielleKessner
03-14-2008, 01:30 AM
lol - you are seeing the edited version! I went back to photobucket and resized. Must have done it before you looked at my post. Thanks again for the help :D

Oh Barb, we have another cruise booked - my husband is totally addicted, lol. We are taking the kids this time. It's for a week and on the same ship we went on last time - HEAPS smaller than the one you went on! The kids are very excited so I just hope they don't get sick!!!

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-14-2008, 01:39 AM
LOL My hubby is addicted too! we leave next month for another one. We r flying to Puerto Rico then we go to a bunch of different islands.......without the boys this time and on the same boat! LOL Before we went the last time Log's doc gave me a script for a sea sick medicine that we took with us just in case. Our last day we had 50 mile an hour winds and I ended up taking one! They worked Where ru u going and when?

TaniaSmythe
03-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Cruise ships come to Dunedin NZ all the time over the summer months, why don't you guys take one that comes here? It docks about 4 minutes drive away from my house :-) And New Zealand is so beautiful lol.
Danielle your ribbon looks great!

DanielleKessner
03-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Tania, a guy from work just got back from a cruise to NZ. He loved it. If we ever take one there you will definately be getting a vistor!!! We have had a look at those and I will let you know if we ever take one.

This one is in Nov and it is to Nth Qlds in Australia. We figured we would play it safe this time with the kids and if they enjoy it we will take them somewhere more exotic next time.

Barb, you will have so much - can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. I took ginger tablets on the cruise and I didn't get sick - they are like horse tablets though so no chance of getting the kids to swallow them. Tara has been across to Tasmania and that gets really choppy so I think she will be OK but Ethan worries me. I will just take them for the magic shot if it happens!

Michelle Long
03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Barbara - I sent you info - did you get it? That was the first time I used my new email and I am not sure if it went correctly.

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi Michelle I got it! I will get u the ribbon soon! 8-)

Barbara

StephanieOlivarez
03-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Here is the thread for you to get your ribbon made!!!!
In this thread-on page 2- it gives directions on how to place the ribbon to your signature!!
Barbara is AWESOME to do this and Tania will cheer you on!!!!!!lol

TaniaSmythe
03-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Let me know if you need a cheer lol it is easy peasy :-)

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-15-2008, 08:13 PM
I am all caught up again on ribbons! Yeah! Soooo Please get your requests in! Volunteers PLEASE PLEASE get yours in as well!!

Barbara

Kristin Morrow
03-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Barb- I can't get the image to upload onto my signature for my email. I used the directions you posted and it worked on here for my signature. what am i doing wrong?

Damon andSharonknott
03-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi Barb,
Would love one of these!
I have emailed a pic and Liams DOB
Shaz

Corin Nava
03-20-2008, 09:00 AM
hmmm.... i am usually pretty good at these things but I can't seem to get it to upload here or my email. I got it on my webpage and myspace without any problems... any suggestions?

Corin Nava
03-20-2008, 09:08 AM
ok, well i got it on here but no matter what size i use or how i resize it it still comes out HUGE... grrrr- o well i guess i will have to keep playing with it!

DanielleGolding
03-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Hey Barb,
Just wondering if you got my email with Lily's picture. My email address is boofstoney@hotmail.com
Just let me know either way so I can email another one if it didn't work. Thanks :)

Damon andSharonknott
03-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Barb,

Got the ribbons...
Thankyou SOOOO much.

AmyMiles
04-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Barb- I wondered if you could make me a ribbon? Let me know, Thanks!

Barbara and KevinWagner
04-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi Amy Of course I can. Please send me a pic of Faith at bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org

o those that are waiting I will try to have them out by the first of the week.......Shane just start a spring hockey league and they are sending us everywhere for games!! geez!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Just pumping this thread up so everyone knows where to get personalized ribbons. Thanks, Barb!!!

PennyCampsey
06-12-2008, 09:56 PM
BARB .... did you get that "STUFF" i emailed you in CHERUBS emaiL ?????
can you do a ribbon 4 mE

PennyCampsey
06-12-2008, 10:02 PM
oh barb, let me know if you need another pic

DanielleGolding
06-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Barb or anyone,

Does anyone know how to attach your ribbon photo to your hotmail signature???

Thanks!!!

PennyCampsey
06-15-2008, 06:12 PM
I want a ribbon :)

Barbara and KevinWagner
06-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Penny.....I will get u a ribbon made! 8-) and thanks for the other stuff! 8-)

Barb

PennyCampsey
06-16-2008, 02:50 PM
thank you BARB :)
glad you got my other things.. :)

Barbara and KevinWagner
07-09-2008, 12:23 AM
All caught up on Ribbons! Who else needs one? E-mail me a pic and dates to bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org