PDA

View Full Version : YouTube & Goodsearch Video Contest to help raise awarene

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Sent to us from Goodsearch:

-------------------------

GoodSearch is hosting a video contest to help raise awareness for non-profits and schools!

The prize is placement on the GoodSearch homepage (where it will be seen by millions of people who care about doing good) as well as a $100 donation to the organization featured in the video. And, all eligible videos will be featured on the GoodSearch YouTube page.

To enter, you just need to create a video highlighting your favorite nonprofit organization. For specific rules, click here! http://www. youtube. com/group/goodsearch

Pass this bulletin on to friends who care about making a difference!

-----------------------------------------

Remember to use our full name on Goodsearch - CHERUBS - The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Awareness and Support

Our YouTube page - http://www.youtube.com/user/cdhsupport

Come on, I know there are several video gurus here who can submit videos!!! :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Shanell submitted an entry and it's just beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRnE7pINSsA

Corin Nava
03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Shanell-it really is beautiful! It made me cry-Ayda is sooo cute!

I was just looking at the rules and noticed that it said the video has to be 5 minutes or less to qualify. I know it would be hard to cut it down, but I thought I would mention it, its too beautiful to get passed over on a technicality!

Corin Nava
03-20-2008, 01:19 PM
I want to do a video to enter into this-but I want to do a montage of all our CDH babies-survivors and non survivors! If you would like to include your CHERUB please email me ASAP with pictures! I want to include some pregnancy pics, NICU pics, and older CHERUB pics so email me a few different ones if you have them.

I want to enter this ASAP so please email me them soon!

StephanieOlivarez
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
What e-mail should we send the pictures to Corin?

Corin Nava
03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh, that might be helpful!

Chefrinny@gmail.com

Thanks Steph!

StephanieOlivarez
03-20-2008, 02:04 PM
I am on it right now!!
Will you let us see it here to????
I wish I could do a video--but Corin I know you do fantastic video's and can't wait to see this one!!!!!

Corin Nava
03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks Steph-of course I will post a link here so you can see it when its done!

StephanieOlivarez
03-22-2008, 10:28 AM
How is the video going Corin?
I hope you are getting lots of pictures!
I am just telling my Mother about what your doing and she is even excited. She has seen your video of Gabriel and thinks it is beautiful.

Corin Nava
03-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Its going pretty good-I am waiting on some more pics to finish it. I have all the text slides done and Gabe's part in there. I also have to find a good song to set it to. I really liked the song Kate had her video set to and I think that can relate to both survivors and non so I might use that if Kate is ok with it, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

StephanieOlivarez
03-22-2008, 11:19 AM
I love the song Kate used in her video. I think she is in New York right now. I really think Kate would have no problem with you using the song Corin. It's called Fix You by Coldplay. I could not agree with you more---it apply's to both non-survivors and survivors. I listen to the song daily.
It is just such a beautiful song.

Corin Nava
03-27-2008, 07:21 PM
OK-here it it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K8LxhRYsb8

StephanieOlivarez
03-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Corin- You are something else and this video is FANTASTIC!!!
I am of course crying for all these babies.
Thanks SO VERY MUCH for doing this!! It is wonderful!!!!!!
May we use it for the Video with the pictures and other video's that Tania and I are working on?

Corin Nava
03-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks Steph! I was pretty happy with the way it came out :)

Of course you can use it!

StephanieOlivarez
03-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks!!!This has got to be the WINNER of this contest!!!!!! It's already the winner in my eyes.

MaryanneReid
03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Corin
I just watched the video, what a wonderful job you have done.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I know I already posted about the video.... but it really is beautiful, Corin!!!

DanielleKessner
03-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh Corin, that is so beautiful - don't know whether to post a smiley face or a crying face!

Corin Nava
03-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Thank you! I'm so glad everyone likes it!

ChristinaTennyson
03-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Corin, Matt passed on the link to a local reporter friend of ours, Dan. Dan said it made him cry, too. He knew Nicole had been through a lot when she was born, but he hadn't realized what the survival rate really was. This really is a beautiful way to raise awareness about CDH and celebrate all of our CHERUBS at the same time.

Corin Nava
03-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks Christina! I am so glad it has an effect on people! I know your husband had asked me to email him a copy, but the file was too big to send. If you email me your address I will put a copy in the mail this week.
My email is Chefrinny@gmail.com

Cristin Russell
03-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Oh Wow Corin!
That song makes me cry anyway, watching that I'm just bawling!
(I was going to use that song for Graham's last video, now I'm glad I didn't!)
Very well done!!

ChristinaTennyson
03-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks, Corin! I popped off an email just now.

KimberlySwitzer
04-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Corin, that video is amazing!! I was crying and smiling at the same time. Its a great way to raise awareness!!

Corin Nava
04-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Chris- I am sending it out tomorrow! Let me know when you get it.

Kim-thanks! Even if it doesn't win it has already almost 400 views so we are raising awareness! :)

KateC
04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
I have not really looked at this thread much.

Corin, as soon as that song came on I broke down in tears. I am glad you decided to use it. I just think it is so fitting for both . . . thank you :)

I cried through the whole thing, of course, it was just beautiful . . . I loved it. You are amazing!!

Corin Nava
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Kate- I am so glad you liked it, I was hoping that you wouldn't mind me using that song. It just seemed to fit so well. You know the first time I had heard that song was on your virtual memorial website way before I knew you-I think before I found CHERUBS, when I was just searching for CDH babies and found Shannon...it was one of those songs I loved right away :)

KateC
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Thank you so much! It really meant a lot :)

AshleyJackson
04-09-2008, 01:10 AM
the videos on both corin and shanells were so good. In shannells it was like looking back. I love the song corin I have it as my defult on myspace. I want to partner with The NICU that Claire was in to raise more awarness in my city about this dibilitaing condition. I am truly touched by all of you. i was also wondering where I can get the graphic ribbon?