PDA

View Full Version : Any more Ideas?

Shanell Browand
03-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey everyone! On July 26, I am having a fundraiser here In my town in Idaho. So far, I have a lot planned, but it just doesnt seem to be enough. :shock:

The fundraiser is going to be for Cherubs, in honor of Ayda. I am having kinda like a picnic, with sandwiches and salads, a bunch of people out of my family is making stuff, so kinda like a potluck. Well, I am going to make a bunch of CDs, so we can have music, and I am also having a raffle. Me and my grandma are going to work of a quilt, that has bright colors. Also, a local theme park is going to donate a gift basket, and I have a paper to send to WalMart to get a donation. My best friend is planning games, and I also want to do a presentation of Aydas video, and maybe even the Cherubs informational video. For some reason, I just dont feel like this is enough? Please, help me!!! Love you all and God Bless!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Sounds like a lot to me, Shanell! :) Maybe you can ask a rental equipment company for some of those kid jumping inflatable things (what are they called? moon walks?). Other than that, I can't think of anything else, you sound like you've got it all covered! Oh - we can give you 2 shirts and a cookbook to raffle too if you want!

StephanieOlivarez
03-18-2008, 03:36 PM
This sounds great!!!
Tania and I are working on a video with pictures and video's from youtube. All of CHERUBS! If it is done--we would LOVE to send it to you for use at your fundraiser. If you would like that?

I wish you the best with this Shannell.

TaniaSmythe
03-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I will make sure the photo montage is finished in time for your event, sounds like you have a lot planned and i'm sure it will be a great day in honor of a gorgeous little girl.

KateC
03-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Wonderful job Shannell!! Maybe write to local papers about the fundraiser?? I don't know if you have this in Idaho, but in PA our volunteer fire departments have signs they rent for people to advertise happening in the area. See if you can rent it or get them to donate it?? Wish I lived cloder, I would go! All the food talk is makin me hungry, go figure!

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi Shanell! This sounds like it is going to be great!!

What kind of games is your friend doing? It is very easy to do "carnival" style games and have little prizes. It is very easy to make these games also. I have a BUNCH of little prizes if u decide to do something like this.

I did a "Country Fair" weekend at a campground that I was helping to get off the ground...the owner had NO cash but expected a full campground! LOL So I made carnival style games......like hula hoop toss....balloon toss.....pick a duck......knock the bottles down .......treasure dig and so on......I sold tickets ( I think I did 5-$1 and 30-$5.00 so they got more) and each game they paid for with their tickets. I even had a guy that brought some ponies and donated his time for pony ride. Everyone got some sort of little trinket from each game. I just knew that we were not going to do well but we ended making over $1200 just from that. it was GREAT! and it was alot of fun.

Let me know if you do something like this as I will send you the prizes that I have.

Barb

Barbara and KevinWagner
03-18-2008, 05:49 PM
almost forgot......for raffle items contact church groups/ladies clubs for craft items as they usually will donate a few things......also local floral shops will donate arrangments.......local restaurants/pizza will do gift certificates......scrapbook stores......Home party consultants generally will also do a basket or gift certificate....bowling alleys.......the list could go on and on! LOL I have found that it is best to take a few brochures and a letter and actually visit the place. 8-)

I am an Avon Rep and I will donate you a "Pamper Me" basket.

Hope that this helps!

Corin Nava
03-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Shanell- That sounds great! I am sure that will be more than enough to keep you busy :)

I don't know if this will help-but if you have a Kohls in your area they will usually donate something-and I know the ones around here will get some employees to volunteer their time to help you the day of-I think its part of a community service plan, they like to help support those types of events.

Shanell Browand
03-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Thank you for all of your ideas!!! I would love to have those montages and videos, and Dawn, that would be awesome to raffle off the two tshirts and the cookbook. Now with the games, I was thinking maybe buy some little stuff at the dollar store, and the jumpee thing is a great idea. I know when I was a kid, I would always bug my mom to go and jump on it! lol. Thanks lots you guys!!!

Love,
Shanell