PDA

View Full Version : Need Pictures of CHERUBS!!!!

Corin Nava
03-21-2008, 05:02 PM
I am putting together a video to enter into the GoodSearch contest for CHERUBS. I want to include as many of our cherubs as possible. Please email me any pictures you would like to include. I would love to use some pregnancy pictures, NICU pictures, and older pics so send a few different ones if you have them!

Email them to: Chefrinny@gmail.com

Thanks!

ChristinaTennyson
03-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi, just emailed 5 pics--3 in NICU, 2 at home. Hope it's not too many!

BTW, love the pics of Gabriel and Makayla. You can really see that they are siblings in those 2!

Corin Nava
03-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks Christina! I just got the pics-I love them! The one with her all wrapped up is so cute :)

Cristin Russell
03-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Just sent you a couple of Graham

Corin Nava
03-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks Cristin!!

sarah.deskins
03-22-2008, 09:13 AM
I will email you a prego picture from my baby shower and some NICU pics. I have some home ones...and I also have some from the wake. Im not sure what your video wants to portray, but Ive noticed it really hits people to see these babys struggle, then they are alive living a normal life then all of a sudden things change and they are gone. Would you like some wake pictures?

Corin Nava
03-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Sarah, send me what ever you feel comfortable sharing. I am going to try and include a little bit of everything. Thanks!

sarah.deskins
03-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Alrighty then, will do

Corin Nava
03-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Thats great-I can't wait to see them!

OK-I am trying to get this done quickly to enter it in the contest so anyone who can get me their pics-I need them by tomorrow night (3/24)! I would really like a few more cherubs included! Thanks!

AnaP
03-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Corin,
Sending some of Marco! :lol:

Corin Nava
03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Ana-Thanks! He is such a cutie-I can't wait to get them!

Corin Nava
03-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Ok- I am still waiting on a couple of people who said they were sending me pictures so if anyone still wants to send some I would really appreciate it! I need them by Thursday night (3/27)! I would really like to include at least two more!

Send pics to Chefrinny@gmail.com

Thanks!

TaniaSmythe
03-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Sent mine already :-)
If my preggo memory is correct i recieved a email back confirming that you got them (big day today and my brain is mush)

Corin Nava
03-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Tania- I got Jacob included! Thanks! Big day? what did I miss?

TaniaSmythe
03-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I've been working on the photo montage and got most of it completed Yay!
Also went and watched Hannah swimming and took Anika to play with a little boy and baked a banana cake (just leaving the house is a big day for me as i don't normally have the car lol).

sarah.deskins
03-26-2008, 04:39 PM
If you want to take up some more space, I can send more of Jeremiah..maybe some ultrasounds or more preggo pics...or just him in general. That is assuming no one else submits their baby pictures and you need to take uo some space.

sarah.deskins
03-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh crap!!! I sent that email to you with at least 15 attachements!! I just saw that PM saying you didnt have anything from me, it must not have went through!! im so sorry, i will resend it right now!!

Ashley Byers
03-26-2008, 05:08 PM
hi I've only been on here once and I'm not sure where to post but my son Jayden had a diaphragmatic hernia he was born jan. 16 08 and passed away feb 14 08 I'm not sure how this web site works but if someone could please direct me I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

Ashley

sarah.deskins
03-26-2008, 05:12 PM
you can post his intro and yours in the Meet other cdh parent section of cherubs in heaven. post his story there and everyone can get to know you

Corin Nava
03-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi Ashley, I just got your email before I saw this post. I would love to add Jayden-he is gorgeous.

Welcome to CHERUBS-I am sorry we have to meet under these circumstances, but I'm glad you found us here. Take some time to look around and add an introduction. Feel free to ask any questions or contact me if you need anything. I hope to hear more from you soon!

Corin Nava
03-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Tania-that does sound like a big day :) I have been home all day with Makayla-she has her first cold :( I feel so bad for her, she is miserable.

Corin Nava
03-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Sarah- I just got your emails, Thanks! I'm not sure why I didn't get them before. Sorry if I was a pest :)

sarah.deskins
03-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh no your no pest. I really want him involved!
thanks!!

StephanieOlivarez
03-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Ashley-Welcome to CHERUBS. We are happy you are here-but sad that CDH has affected your family. My heart goes out to you for your loss of your son.
Like Corin said-please feel free to ask any questions and we will get you the answers.
Have you had any luck getting around on the site? Please ask anything--we are always here to help.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Corin- I am so sorry that Makayla has her first cold. Hugs to that sweet baby.
How is the video going? Are you still needing pictures?
I hope that Makayla gets better VERY SOON!!!

Corin Nava
03-26-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm going to leave it open until tomorrow night if anyone else wants to send me pics-but I have it now where it would work even if i don't get more. It would be nice to include 1 more cherub... but I think its coming out nice-almost done!

StephanieOlivarez
03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I am so excited to see your video Corin.
Thanks again so very much for doing this video--it will for sure be FANTASTIC!!!!!

TaniaSmythe
03-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Corin, i hope Makayla gets over her cold fast. One thing that i found helped Anika alot was to put a pillow under the top of her bed so she is slightly elevated, i also put another in her sheets just past her feet so she did not slip down under the covers.

Corin Nava
03-26-2008, 10:58 PM
I've been letting her sleep in her bouncy chair and swing all day-I think I will probably just let her stay in that overnight and sleep on the couch next to her. I think I have to call the pediatrician in the morning-she has started to refuse to eat more than an ounce the last 6 hours (she normally eats around 4 ounces every 2-3 hours)... I'm afraid she is going to get dehydrated-any suggestions?

StephanieOlivarez
03-26-2008, 11:36 PM
I know it is late--but try pedilyte to keep her hydrated. The milk may be to strong on her tummy with all the mucus in her system.
For tonight--try putting her in the bathroom with steam. This may help clear up some of the mucus and she may be more apt to eat.
For sure call the doc in the morning--hopefully he can give her something to help with this cold.
Positive thoughts for you and Makayla.

TaniaSmythe
03-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Yes i have, put saline solution (salt and water) drops up her nose and also have a bowl of hot steamy water with vicks vaporub (it is a mixture of menthol, camphor and eucalyptus and i don't know what that product would be called over there but should be sold at supermarket or pharmancy).
The saline should dry up her nose making it easier to breath and also the menthol mix clears your nose too either one should make it easier to breath while feeding but be careful not to put the menthol mix near Makayla's skin. You can also use the menthol mix in her bedroom, just pop it under her bed. Hope this helps as i know it worked wonders for my babies/kids and even adults :-)

StephanieOlivarez
03-27-2008, 10:37 AM
How is Makayla feeling today? How was her doctors appt?
I hope she is getting some relief and that you got a little sleep last night.

Corin Nava
03-27-2008, 10:52 AM
She's doing better. She was miserable all last night-waking up every hour. I did the steam thing and tried the saline and it seemed to clear her up enough to eat a bit. Now she is back to eating almost normal again. Today I am going to run out and get a few things I was wishing I had last night!

They didn't recommend us giving her anything since she is so young and she doesn't have a fever, but we have to make sure she stays hydrated.

Ugghh, I am so tired-I think as soon as nate gets home from work I am taking a nap :)

StephanieOlivarez
03-27-2008, 12:08 PM
I am happy to hear she is eating. Keeping her hydrated is definetly the trick--you'll do it girl!!!
Do take a nap when Nate gets home--I am sure you are exhausted!!!!
Try to sleep when Makayla sleeps--that was a good think I learned. Even if it is just a 30 minute nap--it helps keep your sanity.
Will have you both in my thoughts.

TaniaSmythe
03-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Corin, i am glad to hear that Makayla is drinking more. I hope you manage to get some rest today

Corin Nava
03-27-2008, 07:19 PM
OK-I finished the video. Let me know what you all think! Honest opinions please-I can change it if necessary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K8LxhRYsb8

StephanieOlivarez
03-27-2008, 08:16 PM
You can't change a thing!!!!
Corin--THIS VIDEO DEPLICTS BOTH SIDES OF CDH AND IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for working on it and I know it is the WINNER!!!!
I have to go watch it again!!!!!

TaniaSmythe
03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Corin, that is beautiful and i would not change a thing.
You have brought many tears to my eyes watching it. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job :-)

karahess
03-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Very nice! Thanks for doing that.

There's a typo on Jeremiah's. There are too many zero's in his birth year!

DanielleGolding
03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Tania - is it too late for me to email you photos of Lily for the photo montage?? Sorry i didn't get something to you Corin but I'm about to check out the video now, it sounds great!!

DanielleGolding
03-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Corin - You did a wonderful job, Well Done!! :D

Damon andSharonknott
03-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Corin,
It is really good!

TaniaSmythe
03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Danielle, email photo to: darryltania@xtra.co.nz
I am still working on the last montage and all videos still need music so heaps of time for you to get them in

Corin Nava
03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Thank you all! :)

Kara-figures it would be something simple like that! Lets see if I can fix it.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Corin, it's beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Just perfect!!!!!!! If you update it (only if you update, please don't go to any extra trouble), please include Shane's photos. You can download anything you want from my album here. But like I said, *only* if you're updating. It's already perfect!!!! Thank you for doing this!!!! 0:-)

Kristin Morrow
03-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Amazing video!!! I haven't been on here in a week so I missed your deadline to enter photos of Landen...maybe next video! Awesome job on the video though. Its a winner in my book!!

Kristin Morrow
03-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Tania- do you have pics of Landen for the montage you are working on? I can't remember if I emailed some to you or if you took them off my album here? let me know

CarlyByrne
03-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Will send some now, but they are of me older (I'm 26!). Will try and get my mum to scan some of me when I was born with my little shaved head, bless!!!
x

StephanieOlivarez
03-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh Carly---I am so happy to see you here!!!
I am also happy that you are sending pictures to Tania. You are amazing and to be an older CHERUB--we for sure want you in this video!!!

TaniaSmythe
03-28-2008, 07:03 PM
I think you did email some pics but i have 700+ photos now and could not confirm for sure. To be on the safe side email me a couple more and i will double check (sorry but all babies are starting to look alike and none jumped out at me as being Landon).

Carly feel free to email me some pics, recent will do fine if thats ok with you as i'd like to have some of older cherubs also.
Email to: darryltania@xtra.co.nz

ChristinaTennyson
03-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Corin, your video is beautiful. I cried like a baby the whole time--this is such a touching tribute to all CDH babies and especially Gabe. Thank you for doing this.

DanielleKessner
03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Tania, thought I should check. Do you have copies of the photos from the site? Is it only new member photos you are looking for or should I send a photo of Alyssa to you (she is on the site so if you are using those I won't need to)

Ashley Byers
03-28-2008, 10:39 PM
omg this is beautiful i balled like a freakin baby the whole time! I can't stop myself...it truly touched my heart and to see all of those babys they were just so beautiful! thank you so much!

TaniaSmythe
03-29-2008, 02:01 AM
Danielle, I downloaded all the pics from the site through a mass download that Dawn set up for me (at least i think it is all of them, there was over 800).
I have deleted the ones that look like they are from get togethers but all those of babies and children i have kept and Yay i'm not far from finishing

StephanieOlivarez
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Tania- You are the goods girl!! I can't believe you almost done.
Thanks so much for working on this!!!You have worked very hard and I think it ROCKS!!!!

Corin Nava
03-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Tania- I have Carlys photos, I told her I would forward them to you-I will do that tonight!

Thanks to everyone who watched the video! I'm so glad you all liked it!

Corin Nava
03-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for sending me all the pictures-I really appreciate it! I did get quite a few in the last couple days and wanted to edit it to include everyone, but it had to be uploaded by tonight to qualify for this week and I ran out of time. So I am sorry to those who I didn't get in, but thank you for sharing your beautiful CHERUBS with me!

Ashley Byers
03-30-2008, 12:54 AM
what exactly is it for?

TaniaSmythe
03-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Carly, i have your photos as Corin forwarded to me. Thanks

Corin Nava
03-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Ashley-the video I was working on was for the GoodSearch contest:
http://www.cdhsupport.org/members/viewtopic.php?t=1500

The video Tania and Steph are working on is a montage including all the cherubs pictures and videos.