PDA

View Full Version : Shelby and CHERUBS made our local paper

StephanieOlivarez
03-29-2008, 07:22 PM
I had to share that Shelby is in our local paper.
It is just her picture---but according to my Mother--the article was written very nice and it talks all about CHERUBS and the ride for CHERUBS.

I am not at home, but I will get it posted tomorrow.
www.rochsent.com

Damon andSharonknott
03-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Wonderful news!
Can't wait to see Miss Shelby's smiling face!

TaniaSmythe
03-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Cool pic Steph, Shelby is just adorable

Damon andSharonknott
03-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Miss Shelby looks so cool sitting on her ride!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah!!!!!! Great job Stephanie, Shane, Shelby and the Rat Patrol!!!!!!!! 0:-)

Corin Nava
03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Thats great! Shelby is so adorable :)

DanielleGolding
03-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Fantastic!! Shelby looks great! Can't wait to see the article xx

KateC
03-30-2008, 09:38 AM
She is so cute!!!! I can't wait to see the article!

Donna Easley
03-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Way to go Shelby!! I love the smile.

StephanieOlivarez
03-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Here's the article.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/shelbynewspaper.jpg

DanielleGolding
03-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Yay!! What a great article!! Would you mind emailing it to me so I can have a copy or can I print it off from here?? Way to go Stephanie. That sounds like so much fun. Hats off to the Olivarez's!!
My email is boofstoney@hotmail.com

Damon andSharonknott
03-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Steph,

What a wonderful article! Well done guys...

Corin Nava
03-30-2008, 08:12 PM
The article is great! Thanks for sharing it!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-30-2008, 09:03 PM
It's wonderful!!!!! They really did a great job!!!! And Shelby looks adorable!!!!!! :)

StephanieOlivarez
03-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks you all for reading it.
Shane and I both cried.

Danielle- I will e-mail it to you now.

Cristin Russell
03-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Love the article!! Shelby looks so cute sitting on the ATV!

KateC
04-01-2008, 06:24 PM
That is awesome! I can't wait to see her smiling face in June!! You are awesome Steph!!! That is just great!!

Kristin Morrow
04-02-2008, 10:39 AM
What an amazing article! Shelby is a superstar!! The pic is so adorable. thanks for sharing it with us.

StephanieOlivarez
04-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks so much to all of you for reading the article. :D

PennyCampsey
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GREAT
that is awesome girl !!!! LOVE IT !!

MelissaKelly
05-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Jeeze, could she be any cuter? Great article, thanks for sharing it!

StephanieOlivarez
05-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks Penny and Mel!!!!
You all rock for taking the time to read the article!!

PennyCampsey
05-18-2008, 10:06 PM
you are welcome !!
shelby is amazing !!!
(like her parents !)

StephanieOlivarez
05-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Making me smile here Penny!!
Need that tonight!

FernandaArce
05-19-2008, 10:09 AM
I Loved it too! WTG Shelby!

PennyCampsey
05-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I mean it :-)

StephanieOlivarez
05-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Penny-
I am looking So forward to meeting all of you!!!!!
It is coming SO QUICK!!!
Were going to have so much fun!!!
It is like we all know each other So well already.

Thanks Fer for taking the time to read the article.

AmyMiles
05-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Great job Shelby!!

PennyCampsey
05-20-2008, 07:36 PM
STEPH ! I am looking forward to it too !!
it's like we are all family !
it IS going to be fun.. DID YOU find a DRESS YET ?? I have a feeling you love dresses about as much as me LOL

StephanieOlivarez
05-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks Amy for reading the article!

Penny-I did find a dress and it was like it was meant to be. I walked into the same bridal shoppe that I had gone to before and their my dress was.
It is silver--fits great and I am SO happy that I am done with that.
I do not like dresses--like you--but was happy to find one and not have to stress out about it!!

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE such a GREAT time!! I am going to bring the scrap books from the ride.
I have to have them done by this week-end to show some folks that helped and I have like 300 more pictures to get put into place. I think I will have to re-look at the pictures and cut some out.

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 07:21 AM
OH GREAT .. i LOOK so forward to seeing the scrapbooks, I scrapbook too or at least I try, I cant get myself to sit down and do it.
SO GLAD you found a dress !!!!

StephanieOlivarez
05-22-2008, 01:34 PM
I know the feeling--there is always so much going on and to try and find the time to scrapbook.
It would be nice if we could all get together and scrapbook for a week-end.
But with these gas prices!!!
What are they by you?
$4.00 a gallon here in Indiana.
This is going to affect So many different aspects of everyday life.
It's a shame.
How are you guys doing?
Is Cole out of school yet?
The girls have until next Thursday and I am counting the days!!!!!!

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I just checked gas, it went from 3.59 yesterday to 3.81 at our cheap place!
it's crazy !
i am about 30 mintues from WALMART,etc we had a local grocery store 10 minutes away but it's not hittin on much , so we pay out the ying yang for gas!
THAT would be awesome to scrap for the weekend .. although my skills are beginner level . LOL
Cole is great and I'm fully recovered from the colitis.
he gets out next friday .. doesnt go monday for holiday so he only has a few days left.

StephanieOlivarez
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
It is CRAZY!!!!!
I am happy that you are fully recovered.
When we were younger--didn't we get out before Memorial Day?
What is going on?????
I want school to be over!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!
We have Monday off also.

I look forward to a long three day week-end.
NO RUSH to get anywhere.

PennyCampsey
05-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I really think we did get out before memorial day .... hmmmmmm

JudiToth
05-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Congratulations Stephanie (a few days late, lol) on such a wonderful job! Absolutely loved the article (just saw it) and that little Shelby is so cute that you could just gobble her up - but she'd probably run you over with her ATV first! lol

As the old-timer first Volunteer Rep, I just wanted to say that I am so amazed as to everything that you have done and continue to do for CHERUBS! You're more than your wieght in Gold (old saying - nothing implying anything about weight), you're priceless! Wanted to let you know how proud I am of everything that you've done and accomplished!

Can't wait to finally meet you in person at the Conference/Ball! xxoo Moi

Barbara and KevinWagner
05-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh ohh I wanna scrapbook too!! wait where did Tara go?!.....i WILL DRAG HER ALONG TOO! LOL Maybe one of these days we can all plan a retreat in the middle of us! 8-)

I would love it if the boys were outta school before Memorial day!! I was excited when I found out that they get out June 6th as we usually do not get out till around June 16th!!

PennyCampsey
05-23-2008, 02:41 PM
YES !! I agree, count me in , I WANT TO GO !

StephanieOlivarez
05-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Judi-your words mean a great deal to me. Thank you.
I am also So excited to meet you at the conference and the ball!
We are all going to have so much fun and have such a great chance to get to know each other better.
I am so happy to see you more active on the site and eveytime I read your posts--I have a HUGE smile!!
I can't wait to give you a hug!!!!

I am IN for the scrapbook week-end!!When are we doing it?? and where??
REALLY!!! We shoud try and get this planned!!!!
I bet these would be many others---where would be a good state to meet in that works for everyone?

PennyCampsey
05-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Come to VIRGINIA LOL!
could kick my husband & cole out for the weekend ..

StephanieOlivarez
05-27-2008, 11:41 AM
I am in for that for sure!!!!!
No husbands and no kids!!! WOW--what a big change and a nice one at that!
I really think we should look into this!

PennyCampsey
05-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Yall name when and where! SOUNDS FUN!

karahess
05-27-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm not scrapbooking, but name the place and I'll have to try and make a guest appearance.

Penny, I thought of you this weekend as Aaron tried on his first pair of flip-flops. Guess what - he hated them! Good boy!!!

StephanieOlivarez
05-27-2008, 09:03 PM
With the comment on the flip flops Kara--were all coming to your house!!!!
What would be a good place to meet?
Even if ladies don't scrapbook--it would be nice to try a get-together for just MOMS!!!!!
I don't know about these gas prices. THEY ARE GETTING CRAZY!!
I have even gone out and started buying bottled water and canned foods to store--just in case.
I know that may seeem crazy--but I am a little worried.
How do you ladies feel about all that is going on? New President? The gas prices?etc........

Damon andSharonknott
05-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Our prices for fuel (gas) are $1.60 per litre which roughly works out to be $6 a gallon!!!! (i think)
One of our big banks today predicted our interests rates will be in the double digits within months - some very scary times ...

TaniaSmythe
05-27-2008, 09:14 PM
$1.60 i wish we could go back to that price. Here in NZ it is $2.06 a litre (sorry don't know how that works into gallons) and we are looking at $2.50 sometime this year!

Damon andSharonknott
05-27-2008, 09:21 PM
what are your interest rates doing Tania?

StephanieOlivarez
05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
WOW!!!!
I wonder how high the gas prices will go in the next few months?
How will people get to work, pay a babysitter, buy grocery's and pay for gas if this is their situation?
How will people be able to afford gas to get to their jobs???
Shane uses his truck for his job and he drives a dually. Diesel gas here is $4.83 cents.
I think he is going to have to get something different.
It really does scare me a little to see where all this can go.

Damon andSharonknott
05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Damon works in our capital city. It takes him 1 hour and 20 mins to get to work and his fuel bill is $500 a month that is just to and from work... It is alot more if he is out and about visiting clients...

Scares me too Steph...

TaniaSmythe
05-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Mmm interest rates, put it this way i'm on a fixed rate for my mortage so when that needs to be renewd then i'll look into it (i try not to watch the news but i think they are quite high).
Darryl and i normally spend $50 a week on petrol but that only takes us to just under half a tank so i have had to up our petrol budget and the second car that we wanted is no longer going to happen. We just make do with what we have and only use the car when we have to.

karahess
05-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Chuck's job is 35 miles from way so he's putting in 70 miles a day. Luckily he has a little car that gets good mileage. He's also starting to work from home a bit more than he used to.

Gas is $3.99 a gallon in our area. I don't know. I can't stop living my life and enjoying just cause the gas is going up. We're making minor changes such, but nothing big. Instead of driving 10 miles to the super walmart to get cheaper food, we're driving 2 miles away and paying the slightly higher prices. It all works out to be about the same. I'm also teaming up with my mom and we're trying to combine our store trips with each other. We'll be planting our garden again this year and putting in 2 dozen tomato plants so I can do canning. I'll also be putting up blueberries and peaches this summer.

Other than those things, we're not making changes yet. We still drive an hour away to go to a park and enjoy family time. We still are planning vacations, etc.

karahess
05-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Does anyone else have a Giant Eagle grocery store near them? We shop there and for every $50 you spend you get 10 cents off gas. You can let the money accumulate for 90 days. We get gift cards there for most of the stores we shop at. You can take your gas cans and fill up, too. Maximum per visit is 30 gallons. 2 weeks ago when we went to fill up we ended up paying 20 cents per gallon of gas!!!! AWESOME!!!!

TaniaSmythe
05-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Kara that sounds like a cool idea. We have something similar over here, most supermarkets offer 4c off a litre coupon if you shop with them but you can only use one coupon per visit to the petrol station. So not really worth it for us as i have to drive 15minutes to get the that particular petrol station!

Damon andSharonknott
05-28-2008, 07:40 PM
we have the same in OZ...

StephanieOlivarez
05-29-2008, 09:30 PM
We have a Kroger--but it is 15 minutes away.
So going to the closest town is 3. Yeah we pay higher for gas--but it is closer.
I go to town once a week now and fill up at Kroger.
We are planning on vacation (CHERUBS COnference) and putting up our pool and our waterslide thingy.
We have lots of acres, so we can ride all the atv's, itty bitty blue. That will be a big help.
I plan on doing lots of school related things with the girls--they say if you do nothing for two months--they loose tons of information that they have already learned.
It will be a great summer and I guess we will just play it by ear on what we do and don't do.
But I am still worried and have decided not to watch the news. If there is something I need to know-Shane can tell me.