PDA

View Full Version : National Bowl-A-Thon~interested? Need Feedback!

Corin Nava
04-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I thought this might be a fun thing to try and get members from all over involved! This is what I thought might work-feel free to give input and ideas on ways to make it work.

National CHERUBS Bowl-A-Thon

Raising money for CHERUBS and Spreading CDH Awareness in memory/honor of your CHERUB

Put together a team of 5 or more in memory/honor of your CHERUB (ex: Team Gabriel)
Register your team by sending a list of bowlers participating
Collect pledges and donations
-pledge - x amount per pin
-donation - predetermined amount
-on a day (to be decided) get your team together and bowl a game each
-keep score and calculate pledges
-collect pledges and donations by specific date and send them in with score sheets

Each team will recieve a bowling package with:

-1 CHERUBS t-shirts to give as a prize to the bowler on the team with the highest score
-CHERUBS brochures
-Donation Jar sticker with your childs picture on it
-score sheets
-pledge sheets

All teams could be featured in The Silver Lining

Options for each team to go above and beyond to spread awareness and have fun:

-call bowling alley in advance and let them know what you are doing-reserve lanes if necessary
-see if the bowling alley will put out a donation jar(with the provided Team sticker) the week of with a CHERUBS/CDH flyer
-we could design a logo too and insert cherub's photos in it for each team so you can make t-shirts with iron on transfer paper or through cafepress
-pass out brochures the day of to let people know what you are doing
-see if the local newspaper will write an article

How far each team takes the event could be up to them. You could keep it simple or go for some of the options above.

So what does everyone think? I would love some feedback and ideas! I also am looking for a show of hands on how many people might be interested in organizing a team if we decide to try this!

KateC
04-08-2008, 07:22 PM
That is a really good idea Corin! Although I asked the hubby about us bowling the other day and he was like sooo against it. I swear he thinks I am handicapped. He won't let me do anything. If I wasn't prego - I'd do this, I like this idea!!

Corin Nava
04-08-2008, 07:25 PM
lol-Kate, Nate was the same way when I was prego with Makayla :)

I thought this was a good idea but didn't get any response...I think everyone has a lot of things going on right now with their own fundraisers plus all the conference stuff so I will probably bring it back up in a few months and see if anyone is interested then.

KateC
04-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Good idea, I'll be looking for it!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-09-2008, 09:45 AM
I still think it's a great idea!!!! If my sister, Christie, ever figures out the forum and sees this, she'll be all over this idea! She's a league bowler. I think my highest score is something like 50 so I've never really gotten into it or hung around people that do bowl (cause it's embarrassing to be soooo bad at it!). But I'll ask around and see if I can gather enough people to do this.

karahess
04-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Now that it's spring, I think people have a ton of other things going on. I betcha you'd get better response in the fall. Bring it up again at that time, please!

Corin Nava
04-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Kara-thats what I was figuring, maybe September or October when things settle down...