PDA

View Full Version : E-mail Awareness Campaign

KateC
04-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Anyone up for a "CDH E-mail Awareness Campaign" ??

I recieve a lot of forwards and I keep getting an e-mail for an Autism Awareness. Now I have got it like 3 times. This last time I was like "Omigosh how many times am I going to get this thing . . ." Just as I was about to delete it, the light bulb in my brain turned on. If I can get that e-mail that many times, we should try it for CDH!!

I am going to start working on a heart string tugging e-mail. It is not going to be packed of information, I do not want to overload people's minds. Just enough that they need to know about CDH, how there is no cause and we need to prevent this from happening, along with a link to CHERUBS and probably our ribbon. Can someone tell me how to add a link on a picture? So they can just click on the picture and it will bring them to CHERUBS?

I am going to try to use some pictures, now if I have your permission, let me know. Do not be offended if I do not use them. I have ideas in my head, but I do not know if they can reach my fingers to actually work out.

If you would like to be included in the initial e-mail I send out, let me know!!! PM, Email or post your address.

What I am thinking is when I send the e-mail out, at the bottom, I will put In Memory of Shannon. When you recieve the e-mail, and you forward it, make sure to put In memory/In honor of and your cherub's name.

I will leave this post up for about a week maybe two, so then people can read it. In that time, I will start working on a gorgeous e-mail!! I will let everyone know before I send the e-mail out. Send it to everyone in your e-mail address! Make sure to tell family and friends to do the same when they get it!! Can you even imagine world wide how many people could get this e-mail?? I know a lot of people LOVE to do those forwards!!!

E-mail Awareness Campaign, here we come!!!

PennyCampsey
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
yes yes yes ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it would be great, i'm not a forwarder of emails so if folks get one from me they'll certainly pay attention to it!
my email
will PM you my email

Donna Easley
04-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Kate-that is an awesome idea. I love it. My email is donnaeasley80@yahoo.com and if you like you have my permission to use Alex's picture.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I love it!!!!! Include me too as well please!!

Corin Nava
04-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Kate- you can use Gabes photos if you want

My email is Chefrinny@gmail.com

PennyCampsey
04-27-2008, 07:00 PM
you are also welcome to use cole's pic if you wish or any i have :0)

Damon andSharonknott
04-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Kate, count me in xx

StephanieOlivarez
04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Kate--you already know to please include us!!!
Please use Shelby's pictures too!!
I think this is a FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!!!
You let me know - if I can be of any help.

DanielleGolding
04-28-2008, 12:36 AM
That's a fabulous idea Kate, good on ya! You are welcome to use Lily's picture if you want. My email is
boofstoney@hotmail.com

TaniaSmythe
04-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Kate count me in too! I am sure you already know my email and feel free to use Jacob's pic

Keith and LynetteMoloney
04-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Please add me to the e-mail lljune@optonline.net
Im sure you have enough, but feel free to use my pics.

KateC
04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Thank you all - I'm keeping a list going of e-mails.

I am wondering if maybe I did a short video and link it in the e-mail?? Do you think that would be better? I wanted to link CHERUBS YouTube site in also. Then maybe a short message in the e-mail. Like a spread the word sort of thing? What do you guys think?

Anyone know how I can stick a picture of the ribbon in the e-mail, but so that people click on it and it will link back to CHERUBS?

TaniaSmythe
04-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Just having a play around with my email to see how to do it. It may depend on your email, i am using incredimail and i'll let you know if it works.
If you want Kate you can use the mini version that i made and i can change the credits for you so that it is in loving memory of Shannon instead.
Let me know what you think

TaniaSmythe
04-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Right i have managed to work it out on my email.
Go to your signature and click insert picture, choose the one you want and click save.
Then click on the picture and then click on the hyperlink and you should be able to type in your web address that you want and then you pretty much just save your signature.
As you can tell that is instructions for an email signature but ia ma sure it will work the same way for an actual email (preggie moment as i thought you wanted it for your signature lol).
Hope this helps

KimberlySwitzer
05-01-2008, 08:26 AM
oh please include me too!! My email is kimberlyrae_20@hotmail.com

JudiToth
05-02-2008, 03:06 AM
A day late - ok - maybe a month late on finding this topic, but I think it's a great idea Kate! Count me in and you have permission to use Christopher's picture also!

My email addy is: JudiToth@aol.com

Thanks! xxoo Moi

KateC
05-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Just a reminder about the e-mail campaign. I am about 80% done w/ a video for an e-mail to send out. I need to know if you would like to be included and if you would like your cherub's picture to be used. We'll give this until hmmmm . . . Sunday.

DanielleGolding
05-06-2008, 07:12 PM
The only pics of Lily I have are the avatar and her ribbon one. Do you need me to email you one. Hey I love the new ticker by the way, so cute.

TaniaSmythe
05-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Count me in as usual Kate, did you get the photos i emailed yesterday?

Damon andSharonknott
05-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I;m good Kate.. Do I need to email you a pic of Liam??
Thanks so much for doing this! :)

KateC
05-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Yes I did Tania, thanks! I just e-mailed you Shaz and Danielle! If you could e-mail me the pics, that would be greeat!

Donna Easley
05-07-2008, 05:55 AM
Kate-Do I need to email you a pic of Alex or do you use the avatar picture?

Corin Nava
05-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Kate- let me know if you need me to email you any pics

KateC
05-07-2008, 04:17 PM
I have Gabe's and Alex's, thank you :)

kimberlybyington
05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Send me an email too kimauscol@yahoo.com. Thanks Kimberly.....

KateC
05-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Sure will! If you want to have a picture of Jesse in the video, just e-mail me his pic!! Thanks Kimberly

Damon andSharonknott
05-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Yummy Mummy,
I have just send Liam's pics to you :)

StephanieOlivarez
05-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I got a sneak peak of the video and it ROCKS!!!
I can't wait to see the complete video.
Kate-you are awesome to so this!!!
It will be great to have this video for the picture/video DVD.

KateC
05-12-2008, 01:59 PM
I have sent out to most of you who asked now. I am almost done sending it out.

Here is the video in the e-mail:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Iq4d8Ycvs

Dawn, can you add it to the CHERUBS videos on youtube?

I have saved a draft of the e-mail. If you would like it, please e-mail/PM/post and I will get it out to you as soon as I can so that you can foward it on!!!

KimberlySwitzer
05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Im not getting the video in the email you sent me...would it just be my email blocking it?

Donna Easley
05-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Kate-That was so beautiful. Thank you so much, you did a wonderful job. Whenever you have time I would like a copy of the email to forward on.

Thanks

TaniaSmythe
05-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Kate, that video was beautiful.

DanielleGolding
05-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Great video Kate! Well done! Like Kim, I'm not getting it in my email either...

Corin Nava
05-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Kate- I haven't gotten the email yet, could you send it to me!

Damon andSharonknott
05-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Kate,
You have done a brilliant job - well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much
xxxxxx

Damon andSharonknott
05-12-2008, 10:25 PM
So excited - just emailed it!!!!!!
Damon is going to forward to all of his clients!!!!

DanielleKessner
05-13-2008, 04:52 AM
Great job Kate - perfect :-)

Shaz, are you going to send it out to the Aussies members?

Damon andSharonknott
05-13-2008, 05:06 AM
You read my mind...
just sat down to send you an email about this!
Do you want me to send to ALL families??

DanielleKessner
05-13-2008, 05:22 AM
Sounds good :-)

DanielleGolding
05-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Hey Shaz, could you please send me another one pretty please???? Ta!

Keith and LynetteMoloney
05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Kate the video is absolutely beautiful, breathtaking. I am so honored that you put Ethans picture in. Its funny because when I see things that he is in, or write in a journal, or make a garden for him, any thing to remember him by, It truly helps me. Sometimes I feel like I am in a bubble and it didn't really happen. But these little things remind me of the 23 precious blessing I had with him. Sorry I went off on a tangent, but Thank you for adding another blessing.

StephanieOlivarez
05-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Kate-
The video is wonderful! It of course brought tears to my eyes.
CDH is such a horrible birth defect and to be able to get the well needed awareness out there---IS SO SO SO VERY WORTH IT.
Thank you for taking the time to do this Kate.
This e-mail video will get to SO many---CDH Awareness will get out there.
One person at a time.
Just such a great feeling to know that we ALL will get it out there TOGETHER!!
Group hug.

karahess
05-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh poopers, I didn't see and comprehend this topic till tonight. I missed out : ( Wish I would have seen it so I could have gotten Adam's pic into you. Kate you did a grand job.

Donna Easley
05-15-2008, 06:02 AM
Kate- I feel so honored to have Alex in the video. Thank you for sending the email, but I'm not getting the video with it. Help!

KateC
05-15-2008, 08:49 AM
I am so sorry, I was having problems getting on here and my email. I don't know why but it sent the link to some people and did not for others?? I am going to resend it to everyone, so if you already got the e-mail and it worked, just erase it!! I know my e-mail blocked the picture of the ribbon and I had to enable links for the message? Maybe see if your email is doing something nutty like that when you get it?

Kara - did you want me to e-mail it to you?? I am keeping a copy of it, so whoever wants the e-mail I will send it to.

Corin, did you get yours? I think I emailed it from my home address yesterday?

KateC
05-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Okay I resent it from my home e-mail KTJ24@aol.com. Maybe that will do something different . . . . . keep your fingers crossed!!

Donna Easley
05-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks Kate-I got it.

Corin Nava
05-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I got it Kate and forwarded it on! It looks great!

KateC
05-15-2008, 04:14 PM
That's great, I am happy it worked for you all and glad you liked it!!

sarah.deskins
05-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh poopers, I didn't see and comprehend this topic till tonight. I missed out : ( Wish I would have seen it so I could have gotten Adam's pic into you. Kate you did a grand job.

I missed it, too! I'm usually all over these things! :roll:
Its great, Kate! I'm sending it out now!

KateC
05-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I can still send you the e-mail Sarah. Whats your email address?

sarah.deskins
05-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Corin sent me the email the day before yesterday, I meant that I missed out on getting Jeremiah on the video. this topic's only been up for like 2 months and I never opened it :)

Damon andSharonknott
05-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Kate,
Love the Avatar pic - one Yummy Mummy - lol
xx

Damon andSharonknott
05-28-2008, 04:41 AM
I noticed today this video has had over 500 hitss... YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FernandaArce
05-28-2008, 08:41 AM
I missed it too! Can someone please forward it to me please?

My email is: maferarceamare@gmail.com