PDA

View Full Version : Need Stories and Photographs for our Newsletter and Book!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

We're ready to start on our next newsletter and we need more stories of families who have dealt with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (survivors and those cherubs in heaven). Stories (and photos) will posted on our web site, in our Silver Lining newsletter and in the next edition of our book "Stories of Cherubs" due out this winter.

If you would like to include your cherub's story please e-mail it to membership@cherubs-cdh.org.

You can read over 300 stories of families who have been affected by CDH on our web site at http://www.cdhsupport.org/members/index.php?c=44

Dawn

DanielleGolding
04-27-2008, 03:42 PM
When is the deadline Dawn?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
For this newsletter May 5th. For the book October 31st. :)

Corin Nava
04-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Dawn-did I ever send in Gabe's story? I can't remember.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Hmmm... I can't remember off the top of my head, Corin (long day)! If you did it would be either in the stories section or in the last 2 newsletters. We've published everything we've received up to the last newsletter I think.

StephanieOlivarez
04-27-2008, 07:40 PM
I have the Rat Patrol's ride for CHERUBS story for the newsletter. Can you use that?
I have submitted Shelby's story--so you have it or should I send an updated one?
Another newsletter already---Shane and I LOVE the newsletter Dawn.
You so such a great job!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes, please do send me those, Stephanie!!! Thank you!!!

And everyone else who is planning events or just had them or any other exciting news to add... please send that too! :)

StephanieOlivarez
04-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Are you going to use the Dad's side to CDH in this newsletter?
I will get you the story on the Ride for CHERUBS and some pictures.
Should I send in the story about Shelby? With all the updates?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Yes, Shane's article will be in this newsletter.

Yes, please send me Shelby's updated story too. :)

Thank you!!!

BeverlyCawvey
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
sent dakota's story =)

JudiToth
04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Dawn,

Can we still sponsor "cherubs" like we used to? If so, how do we do it now?

Sooooooooo many questions now that we've gotten so active again and also with this new site! It's frustrating to try to figure out, but little by little I'm getting the hang of it! lol

xxoo Moi

Thanks!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Judi, you lost me... sponsoring cherubs? Remind me because I don't remember. You mean the tributes? We have newsletter sponsors now... you can "buy" a half page or full page or quarter page and feature your cherub. Is that what you mean?

Corin Nava
04-28-2008, 08:52 PM
wow, I just looked back and tried to see if I have written Gabe's story and realized I never have. So I sat down and tried to do it-didn't realize how hard it would be. I just don't know where to begin, how much to include....its a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. O well, I don't think I will get it in for this newsletter, maybe the next.

KateC
04-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Did you ever get what my hubby had wrote Dawn? I think it was like a combine thing, where we both typed something up about the first year. You can take mine out if you just want Dad's stories

TaniaSmythe
04-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Dawn, i emailed Jacob's story along with some pictures yesterday

Donna Easley
04-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Dawn-I emailed Alex's story yesterday.

JudiToth
05-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Dawn,

In earlier years, especially around the various Holidays, we could purchase or I guess sponsor a Valentine cherub with our little quotes in it with the cherubs name. I can't exactly remember what you called it, but I saw there were a few cherubs with names in the last newsletter. Now do you know what I mean? Moi

ChristinaTennyson
05-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Dawn, I just emailed Nicole's story (finally!) and a pic. Let me know if you don't get it, please?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Chris, I got it! Donna, I got yours too! :)

Judi, ok, yep, I know what you're talking about. We don't do the tributes anymore (we rarely sold any and at how cheap we sold them for it didn't pay for the paper and ink). We sell newsletter sponsorships now.

StephanieOlivarez
05-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Do you need newsletter sponsorship for the upcoming newsletter?

Donna Easley
05-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Dawn-I didn't send a pic with Alex's story, should I go ahead and do that?

JaanaRosenlund
05-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I am in the progress of finishing Gabriel's story - happy to include it in the next newsletter and happy to include in the book. If I'm not too late I can send a pic of Gabriel for the newsletter?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Sorry, I missed this! Yes, you can send photos - membership@cherubs-cdh.org

FernandaArce
05-24-2008, 04:51 PM
I will write Juan Pablo's story for the book and the next newletter :)

Donna Easley
05-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Dawn-I went ahead and sent the picture yesterday. Sorry, about the mind lapse. I don't know why I didn't send it with his story. Hope you are doing well.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm finishing up the newsletter and updating the banner at the top of the site. Any new photos in our photo albums will be added. I have a hard time keeping up with avatar photos and photos you all post within posts here so please e-mail me your photo or add it to the main photo album. :)

Thanks!
Dawn

Megan Smith-Weedon
07-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I sent you Alyssa story now I just have to send you some pics.

DeannaShoemaker
08-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Dawn I have been updating Payton story for months now, I want to be as detailed as I can, so it will be informing to others who may read it....In fact I just pulled out Payton's medical record file ( or at least the condensed version that was $80, her full medical record would have cost us almost $800 can you believe that) It brought all the memories back as if it were yesterday, I never even read thru it till now five years later......I do have until October 31 to get in submitted correct???

Thanks

JaanaRosenlund
08-14-2008, 10:14 PM
When is the deadline for the stories to be in for the Stories of Cherubs Vol 2??

AshleyJackson
08-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Ill send you Claire's story and pics!