PDA

View Full Version : My 4th of July fundraiser!!

Shanell Browand
05-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey, I know that I haven't been on much, I have been really busy working on the fundraiser and me, my husband, and Ayda are all sick. SOo, I am almost done with the quilt, we have the blocks completely done, now, we just have to sew them together. Once I get it done, I will post a picture, since I know some of you wanted to buy tickets for it. I need stuff for the raffle. I know that some of you are crafty, or some may know of a place that can donate for the raffle. Or, does anyone have ideas??? So far we have the following

- I need videos of CHERUBS
- raffle on CHERUBS quilt
-raffle for tickets to local theme park
-snacks and drinks
-Info, brochures, etc.
-I need pictures of CHERUBS that i can put on a huge posterboard that will be hanging in the back of my booth
-CHERUBS stuff in general, like little stuff that we can give away

I am so excited!!! Love you all! THank you

Shanell

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Shanell... you need that stuff or you have it? I'm easily confused today. :)

For donations... talk to your local chamber of commerce and tourist bureau, they are really good at helping out with local fundraisers.

Shanell Browand
05-06-2008, 02:50 PM
I confused my myself! lol. Sorry. I need to get videos of cherubs, pictures of cherubs, and littl nik-nak cherubs stuff that i can give away. THe pictures are going to be on a huge poster and I am going to play videos and montages of CDH babies

karahess
05-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Take a break and go shopping, you two! You wouldn't be so confused, then : )

TaniaSmythe
05-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Shanell, the montage video will be finished within the month. I am in the process of burning them to DVD now and will post them over to Steph. If my computer can handle burning extra i will burn a copy just for you and get it posted out to you (my poor wee laptop is seriously struggling at the moment though and it is taking all my computer knowledge to get these done).

Shanell Browand
05-06-2008, 04:36 PM
I need to go shopping! lol. Does anyone one else have some ideas. I know that Dawn is going to send me a couple of old CHERUBS shirts and cookbooks and I was going to make gift baskets with the cookbooks, some crocheted washclothes and hot pads and some coffee cups with some cookie mix or something? I want to get a lot of stuff to raffle off, since that is the main event.

Corin Nava
05-06-2008, 05:47 PM
As far as the raffle, what about going around to local business and seeing if they will donate either a gift card or item. You would be surprised how many people are willing to donate-you just have to make sure to talk to the right person, either the owner of a small business or the store manager of some of the chain stores.

As far as something CHERUBS to give out:
1. cafe press sells mini buttons with the cherubs logo
2. check out vistaprint.com It's a website for business products that you can personalize but they always have specials where you can get stuff for free or really discounted if you just pay for the shipping and you can upload the CHERUBS ribbon or logo and a bit about CHERUBS or Ayda. I just got a bunch of T-shirts with the awareness ribbon for $3.50 each and I also got free business cards there. I know they have magnets on special right now 10 for free that you could work with. You just have to get creative with what they are offering! :)

OK-well thats all I have for ideas right now, I will brainstorm tonight and see if I can come up with anything else :)

KateC
05-06-2008, 06:20 PM
That's good ideas Corin!

I can try and make you a bracelet or two - when do you need it by?

Keith and LynetteMoloney
05-06-2008, 10:29 PM
My girlfriend just had a fundraiser for St. Baldricks and Corin is right. She was able to get an amazing amount of Gift cards, or certificates to raffle off. She was even able to get tickets to amusement parks, or try local ball fields for game tickets. We also did a ton of baskets. It may sound a little cheesy, but it is amazing what family members and friends have laying around there house, that is brand new and they don't have a use for it. We all came together and brought our brand new items, and put them into categories such as a baby basket, or a car cleaning basket, or coffee and tea basket . We did a silent raffle, we had bags in front of each basket and people would place the raffle tickets in and then the last hour of the fundraiser we called out the numbers. One of my close friends put a fundraiser together for me before the babies were born. They had it at a local BBQ restaurant. The restaurant owner didn't charge us a dime, except for alcoholic drinks. On top of that he donated a $500 and his bartenders donated all of their tips. So there are people out there its just a matter of doing the leg work. Its a lot of work, so start rallying up your friends. Good luck and anything I could do , I would love to help.

Shanell Browand
05-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Wow! Thank you for all of the great ideas!

Corin Nava
05-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Shanell- I was just playing around on vistaprint.com and they have changed their sale, you can get 25 small magnets for free or 50 for $7 plus the $5 shipping. This is kind of what I had in mind, but you could always add something about Ayda in there too! I think these would be great to hand out as give aways!

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/GabrielMommy1118/Cherubsmagnet.jpg

StephanieOlivarez
05-09-2008, 10:40 AM
All these ideas are GREAT!!
I will tell you that small towns are great for giving raffle prizes for such great causes as CDH.
Walmart, Ace Hardwares, grocery stores, small mom and pop stores.
When we approached stores we talked about CDH and CHERUBS and gave them the website. ALso gave them a CHERUBS phamplet and I can honestly tell you that they gave us a raffle prize right then. NO WAITING.
A good way to get your fundraiser to the public--contact your local paper and have them do a story about Ayda and CDH. This helps get people aware of what Ayda went through and helps spread CDH Awareness.
Churches are also a great place to talk to. They like to help out with fundrasiers.

As for the dvd with the pictures and video's. May 25th is the due date.
As soon as I get the dvd's from Tania--I will get myself and my MIL on the burining process and I will promise you, you will have the DVD in time.
I will go ahead and send the raffle tickets then also.
Have you decided how you will sell the raffle tickets for the quilt. I am so interested in getting some tickets.
Everything sounds GREAT!!!
You will do a great job and anything we can help--don't hesitate to ask.
A lot if times also--towns will donate tents, chairs and things you will need for your booth. All you have to do is ask and when we did ask--we were So pleased that they were willing to help.
I also have extra broshures from our CHERUBS fundraiser. Please let me know if you need some and I will include them in your package.
I could send 100 or more.

KateC
05-09-2008, 02:42 PM
That looks awesome Corin, how did you make that? On Vistaprint?

Corin Nava
05-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Kate-yeah, I love that site! You can upload images and create your own products. I did that with the free small magnets they are offering.

I think thats wonderful that you are going to make some jewelry for the fundraiser! I think this summer I am going to try and learn out to sew and maybe make some jewelry, it looks like it could be fun!

KateC
05-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Sewing seems so relaxing!! I wish I was good at it! I am going to have to check out that site a bit more!

PennyCampsey
05-10-2008, 12:01 PM
That looks great CORIN!

Shanell Browand
05-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Corin, thank you so much, I think I am going to use those!

I have created some t-shirts for the people that are helping me at the funraiser, here are what they look like.

"Ask me about Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia" T-Shirt
http://www.customink.com/lab/?E=shanellbrowand@live.com&F=cdh1&loc=proof
"Proud Parent of a CHERUB" T-Shirt
http://www.customink.com/lab/?E=shanellbrowand@live.com&F=cdhparent&loc=proof
"Proud Grandma of a CHERUB" t-shirt
http://www.customink.com/lab/?E=shanellbrowand@live.com&F=cdhgrandma&loc=proof
"Proud Grandpa of a CHERUB" T-shirt
http://www.customink.com/lab/?E=shanellbrowand@live.com&F=cdhgrandpa&loc=proof
"Proud Aunt of a CHERUB" T-shirt
http://www.customink.com/lab/?E=shanellbrowand@live.com&F=cdhaunt&loc=proof
"Proud Uncle of a CHERUB" T-shirt ( for Seth )
http://www.customink.com/lab/?E=shanellbrowand@live.com&F=cdhuncle&loc=proof
"I support CHERUBS" T-shirt ( for friends who help )
http://www.customink.com/lab/?E=shanellbrowand@live.com&F=cdhuncle&loc=proof

Those are just ideas. I know, I have a little over a month. I am also working on a banner that I am going to hang over the tent. We are printing the Info Brochures to give out. Also, if anyone else would like me to play their cherubs video, let me know. Thanks you guys!

Shanell

Corin Nava
05-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Shanell-you are more than welcome to use any of Gabe's videos or pictures. Just let me know what you need.

The shirts look great! I love them! How is the quilt coming? Have you had any luck with getting local donations?

BTW-I love the new picture of Ayda-she is sooo cute!

Shanell Browand
05-13-2008, 01:28 PM
I have one picture of Gabe, the touch up one, thats on your banner. With the videos, I would love to use them. Do you have them saved on your computer? If you do, can you email them to me?

My goal is to get as much as I can

Corin Nava
05-13-2008, 01:38 PM
I can't seem to email videos with my email. Do you have AIM-I think we can do a file transfer through that.

Shanell Browand
05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
I dont, I have msn. I can download AIM, i think

Corin Nava
05-13-2008, 01:53 PM
If you download AIM, let me know and I will send it through that. If not, email me your address and I will burn a copy and mail it to you. The other option is to download zillatube (www.zillatube.com/) which allows you to download and convert videos off of YouTube. Just let me know :)

Shanell Browand
05-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I dowloaded that YouTube dealy bob, and so far good. I have AIM now, my screen name is shanellbrowand

Shanell Browand
05-13-2008, 02:16 PM
It didnt work, can you send it to me through AIM

Corin Nava
05-13-2008, 02:23 PM
My screen name is Eeyore030501

JeanneNava
05-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi Shanell,
I must have missed the beginning of this thread but if you need some kitchen type thingies, I can send some to you. I do a lot of sewing & quilting and just bought a book of 101 quilted potholders. Exactly when do you need these? Do you have any color themes? You can send me a private message with your address and I'll send whatever I can.
Jeanne Nava

Shanell Browand
05-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Yes, I would really appreciate if you could do that. That would help me a lot. I dont really have a color theme, just I guess rainbow, like red, orange, yellow and so on, so it can match the CHERUBS letters and stuff. Thank you lots, I really appreciate it.

Shanell