PDA

View Full Version : Ode to CHERUBS Members

Dawn Torrence Ireland
06-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Dear Everyone,

I've been reading all your responses to those members who have just lost their cherubs - and I know each of you are completely sincere in your condolences and how your heart hurts for these parents and grandparents. I can picture those of you who have your cherubs hugging them longer tonight as you kiss them off to sleep. I can picture those of you grieving for your cherubs wanting to help make this easier somehow for them. And I know all of you are wishing you could take this pain from them and give their cherubs back to them. Even those you haven't talked to or know that well - your hearts are open to them.

I've been reading your responses to those cherubs having surgery or who are sick - and I know you are sincere in your prayers and cheering them on to get better and wanting to hug their parents through it all.

I watched you all come to the aid of a mom at her wit's end, letting her know she's not alone. Sharing your stories and yourselves and trying to give her courage to continue on.

I read your welcomes to new members - and I know you do welcome them. All of them. Everyone here is family the minute they introduce themselves. Whether they post often or rarely at all, I know you are all there for them just as you would be with friends here you've known for years. There are no cliques, no cattiness, no gossip, no games. Every one is equally wanted and loved and supported here. Just speak up and we are here.

I see friendships form here every day. I see such loyalty and goodness in all your hearts. I see how positive you all are to each other - even though this is such a devastating birth defect that has bought us all together.

I don't say this nearly enough, but I am so very, very, very proud of our membership. You are the most amazing, wonderful, kind and supportive people and I am so proud to call you friends.

(((((((((((((((((((Big ole group hug)))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for all you do for each other every day. You all make our cherubs proud!

Love,
Dawn

AmyMiles
06-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Aww Dawn. You are so sweet. We thank you! Without all of your hard work we would not have this wonderful safe haven to share our thoughts and feelings with one another. Thank you for making a difference in all of our lives!

Damon andSharonknott
06-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Dawn, Because of you - we are all a family...I thankyou for founding CHERUBS! You inspire me with you strength and your passion.

Guys - I'm so very proud to call you all my mates!! We love, cry and laugh together with one common goal - CDH.

You all ROCK!!!!

xxxx

Barbara and KevinWagner
06-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Dawn, we follow the best example set by YOU. Who else is as kind and caring as you? Who else has worked night and day to give us this "home" as you have? Who else knows better the struggles that we all face EVERYDAY? We else knows best the devastating fear that is in our hearts? Dawn YOU have gave us the "example" in sharing your life and Shane's with us. You have shared your struggles, your fears with us and lead us through.......you have showed us how to be caring and positive even when we want to be "ugly" because of the unfairness of CDH. We have learned from the best......and we are so thankful that we have!
Love ya lots!

TaniaSmythe
06-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Dawn, without you founding Cherubs we wouldn't be able to give support to others when they need it most.
I know personally that helping others also helps me with my grief, and each baby that passes away is like losing Jacob again but i am glad that i can help give support. I just wish i had of found Cherubs earlier.
Thank you

Chris and TracyMeats
06-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Dawn, I want to thank you so much for founding CHERUBS! You are an amazing woman and I admire your strength and courage to help others who have been affected by CDH and sharing Shane's life with us. CHERUBS was a resource, a friend, that I constantly used after my son was born. I wish I wouldn't have been so afraid to open up and reach out for all the support that is here. Now, that I am able to help others in situations like mine, I feel good about that. Thank you Dawn for all you do, we appreciate it!!

Big Hugs,
Tracy

Dawn Torrence Ireland
06-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Awwww, ya'll are so sweet... but I've only done the paperwork and programming and behind the scenes stuff. Maybe that's the skeleton of CHERUBS, but you all are the flesh and blood that make it what it is. CHERUBS is all of us, all of YOU!!! I've been in a lot of other groups over the years and I've never seen one that has members as supportive and giving. Most groups have fights, cattiness, gossip, etc. Not here, not a drop here. Why? Because you all are so amazing and have created such a great place here.

DanielleGolding
06-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Thanks Dawn - you are the BEST!!!

PennyCampsey
06-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Dawn, that was so very nice of you to post that for us!
If you had not started this site, all of us would have never ever met , i cannot imagine not having the CHERUB family to count on , I would be so lonely! thank YOU for getting this going and bringing families all over the world together

FernandaArce
06-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Dawn, you made me cry!. Thanks to YOU! When I have a bad day I think of you and your strenght and courage and I go on. When I am at my wits end I come here and vent and I've found more support than I've ever imagine. Thanks for founding this amazing family and thanks for sharing your life with us, for letting us be a part of you.

Corin Nava
06-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Ohh-you all are making me cry! I am so thankful for my CHERUBS family and the love and support I have found here. ((((((group hug))))))

PennyCampsey
06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((GROUP HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

sarah.deskins
06-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Awww...that was soo nice:)

PennyCampsey
06-26-2008, 03:01 PM
It sure made my day, DAWN!

StephanieOlivarez
06-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Dawn-
I am crying now!!!
Thank you for that post.
CHERUBS has become such a part of our lives and it is like my family.
I could not imagine my life without all the love, support and trust I have found with SO many members.

You are the backbone of CHERUBS and I will be forever grateful to you for all you do.
Without you, CHERUBS would not be possible.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do and Thank you to all the members who make CHERUBS the place I can call my family.

You all mean the world to me and I hope I can give you all the love, support and trust you have given me.

BIG GROUP HUG!!!!!!
Much Love to ALL Members of CHERUBS

KateC
06-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Here Here!

You are all special, wonderful amazing people and I love everyone of you!

Dawn, we would not be here if it was not for you, so to you I say we are the proudest of!

KimberlySwitzer
06-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Dawn, without you CHERUBS wouldnt be what it is, so thank you!!
I love everyone here and am so glad I found CHERUBS, life wouldnt be the same without all the support and knowledge I gain from everyone here