PDA

View Full Version : CDH Awareness Ribbon Tattoo - yes, someone did it!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Megan, mom of Alyssa, sent me this photo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/mkbradshaw/Random/086.jpg

I think it's great!!!

Corin Nava
07-06-2008, 07:47 PM
That is wonderful-I love it!

I have been talking about getting an awareness tattoo done on my foot underneath my tattoo for Gabe-guess I won't be the first :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-06-2008, 07:57 PM
But you'll be the first with baby feet! :) And the first to do the full clouds ribbon if you decide to do that.

You are all braver than I am, I just can't go through with a tattoo.

AmyMiles
07-06-2008, 08:03 PM
I am thinking more about a tattoonow! Faith's footprint with angel wings.

PennyCampsey
07-06-2008, 08:59 PM
AWESOME ! ! ! I LOVE IT !

Megan Smith-Weedon
07-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I wanted the clouds in my tattoo but the guy told me that it was small enough that the clouds would look like little white dots and take away from the ribbon, so I matched the colors and then had CDHA written inside of it. I wanted to clouds but I rather the tattoo look great and still have meaning then to look funny and people wonder.

So the bigger you get it, the clouds would be better. My foot is so tiny and the tattoo itself is only about 2 inches long. So not much room. But I really wanted CDHA on it.

PennyCampsey
07-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Megan, did you say this is on the bottom of your foot ? or ankle

PennyCampsey
07-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I had my tubes tied, had an time , infection, etc
left an ugly ugly scar
so, i want something there, but not big.
i wanted tsomething about cole, b/c he is our only child ..
he hasl always loved ladybugs, i thought about getting a ladybug, it's small

Megan Smith-Weedon
07-06-2008, 09:45 PM
It's on the top of my left foot, kinda off to the side by the bone that sticks out by my pinky toe.

PennyCampsey
07-06-2008, 09:51 PM
OHHHHH !!! i gotcha
how bad did it hurt there

PennyCampsey
07-06-2008, 10:07 PM
cant tell i'm a baby can you ? LOL
i dont know if i could sit still long enough to get a tattoo , they'd have to sedate me

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-06-2008, 10:17 PM
I love it, Megan, and I think your tattoo guy was right about the clouds. I'm with Penny... ouch... you have my respect. First, for being able to take that pain. Second, for raising awareness! Love it!! Definitely going into the newsletter!! :D

Corin Nava
07-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Penny-they aren't that bad! You can do it! The anticipation is always worse than actually getting them done.

AmyMiles
07-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Maybe we should all go out and get tattoos in NC! A little party :)

PennyCampsey
07-07-2008, 08:16 PM
hmmmm that's a thought for Friday night LOL
me and Dawn would chicken out
I dont think i can sit still long enough .. i'd have to pee
i worry too about cleanliness ..
corin, how many do you have
i hear that most people who get tattoos get more than one, they are addictive

Corin Nava
07-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Penny-they are VERY addictive. I have 4 right now-with more planned :) I have a fairy on a turtle on my lower back, a dragonfly on my shoulder, a kitten on my left ankle, and Gabe's footprints on my right leg. I am still planning on getting Ayla's feet above Gabe, an anklet with an awareness ribbon below Gabe's feet onto the top of my foot. and I want to add flowers, butterflies, and dragonflies to my back to complete my fairy tattoo.

KimberlySwitzer
07-08-2008, 08:49 AM
I love it!! I think that may be my next tattoo... or the one after my next. I have so many ideas I dont know what to get first!

sarah.deskins
07-14-2008, 12:41 PM
They are addicitve, especially when your kids are your ideas! I have stars on my ear, my back from my shoulders to my tailbone, my neck, and my stomach done....but all in all I'd say Jeremiahs angel was the most painful! Maybe i'm not man enough to do my chest, every place feels different. I was thinking about the ribbon w jeremiahs feet but I also was thinking of forget me nots and babies breath flowers...maybe they would all look good together. I knew someone was going to beat me to it!!! :)