PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS Australia - We finally did it!

DanielleKessner
07-17-2008, 05:55 AM
At our first member get together in Melbourne 2001 we decided to try and become a registered group so that we could raise money to support families and research etc.

I spent hours looking at all the options for registering our group and each thing I looked at just didn't suit - most groups in Australia are registered on a state basis but we are national and needed to register nationally.

In Brisbane 2006 one of our wonderful members, Linda mum of angel cherub Emma announced that we had been successful in obtaining the pro-bono services of solicitors from the company she worked for (national law firm).

It has taken 18 months working with solicitors but finally we have completed all of our legal requirements!

We are a registered non profit public company. We are endorsed by the Australia Tax Office as a Health Promotion Charity. We have received Deductible Gift Recipient status. Everything that we have worked so hard towards is finally in place. I am so excited and so very relieved that it has all worked out in the end.

Over the coming months we can turn our thoughts towards raising funds, applying for funding etc and trying to make a real difference to the lives of CDH children and their families from around the country.

A huge thank you to all of our Australian members who have spent so much of their spare time helping us achieve this. A special thank you to Dawn for all your support and for being the inspiration that you are.

We did it finally! :lol:

DanielleKessner
07-17-2008, 05:57 AM
Ooops - forgot to clarify that DGR status means that donations are tax deductible - not an easy thing to be endorsed for in Australia but we did it :-)

Damon andSharonknott
07-17-2008, 06:11 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Danielle and your hard working Aussie Members... thankyou so much......

Bring out the MOET.....

Corin Nava
07-17-2008, 08:12 AM
That's wonderful! Congratulations to Aussie CHERUBS!!!!

Chris and TracyMeats
07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What wonderful news!

AmyMiles
07-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Great job Aussie CHERUBS!! What wonderful news. All of your hard work has paid off.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-18-2008, 06:53 AM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!! And all the exclamation marks aren't an exaggeration!!! LOL. I've been praying and wishing this for you guys for years and I'm so glad the day has come!!! Danielle, you are such an amazing President, I am so proud of you and all the Aussie members!!!!!

PennyCampsey
07-18-2008, 09:25 AM
yahooooooooooooo
way to go !~

Barbara and KevinWagner
07-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Danielle that is WONDERFUL!!! You all have worked so hard and I am so happy that the outcome waspositive1 YEAH!! Congrats to you!

DanielleKessner
07-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks everyone - I almost have our new website ready for public viewing also.

Wish I could be over there for the conference. Have been reading all your posts getting ready to go, hair styles, dresses etc. Wishing I was there and trying not to feel too jealous, lol.

DanielleGolding
07-20-2008, 04:04 AM
Congratulations Danielle and everyone else that has worked so hard for this!!! It is such wonderful news and we are sure to celebrate this in Oct!!!

StephanieOlivarez
07-20-2008, 05:27 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!
Way to go Danielle and Aussie Members.
YOU ROCK!!!!!
Big Hugs on such a GREAT accomplishment.