PDA

View Full Version : Henry's story in our local newspaper

katrinaenglish
07-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Our local newspaper published 2 articles about our son, Henry, in early June. The first one is about Henry, his condition, and his homecoming after 8 weeks in the hospital. The second is about a benefit that was held for our family. During the benefit, we raised awareness of CDH in our community. It was wonderful, and we got a ton of support!

You can read the articles by going to these links:

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/06/01/mj060108mccrabbhenry_a1.html

http://www.middletownjournal.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/06/01/mj060108mccrabbhenry_inside.html

Check the articles out...

katrinaenglish
07-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Correction: Sorry, the first article is about the benefit, the second is more about Henry's homecoming. No biggie... Still worth a look if you have a minute! :shock:

Thanks !!!

LaurieB
07-17-2008, 10:45 PM
That is so great to have Henry's story out there to educate people about CDH! Congratulations! He is so beautiful!

Damon andSharonknott
07-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Katie,

The articles are brilliant!
Henry is a miracle.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers
Shaz xx

Chris and TracyMeats
07-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Katie,
I love the articles!! Henry truely is a miracle and sharing his story with others is wonderful to spread awareness about CDH. Keep doing so amazingly well Henry - big Hugs from Wyoming!!!
Tracy

AmyMiles
07-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Wow Katie I never realized his kidney was up too! He certainly is a little miracle babe. Thanks for sharing the stories. Your community has been amazing!

PennyCampsey
07-18-2008, 02:44 PM
THAT IS AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!

katrinaenglish
07-19-2008, 11:43 PM
I have to say, the guy who wrote the articles was a great guy, but he did get that wrong, Amy. :oops: Henry's kidney was not up, neither was his spleen, etc. All that was up, as far as I know, was his stomach and small intestine. When I read the article for the first time, I was upset that he got that wrong. I'm guessing that the writer got that from a website, as kind of a generic description of CDH, and the possible organs that can be affected. He wrote it, and published the article, and when I realized the error, it was too late to change it. I know, it makes Henry's plight seem much worse than it was, but, oh well. I guess the main thing here is that a few more people are aware of CDH now. Even if the writer got it a little wrong.

AmyMiles
07-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Very true Katie. He still is a very handsome miracle either way! Take care!

PennyCampsey
07-20-2008, 12:24 PM
exaclty katrina ...
at least the article was done and not many know there was an error and in some CDH that does occur; we are so happy for the coverage!

StephanieOlivarez
07-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Wonderful!!!
Spreading CDH Awareness ROCKS!
Henry is a MIRACLE!!!!!!!

KateC
07-21-2008, 11:27 AM
LOVE IT KATIE!!!!!