PDA

View Full Version : Web Site Hacking Issues

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Some of you may have noticed that yesterday our site was down for about 3 hours. This is the 3rd time our site has been targeted in the past 6 months. Your personal information is secure, they are trying to bombard the server to overload it and kill the site. In doing so, they take down about 150 other sites on this server (not ours - we rent a space). That is 150 companies looking for the wanna-be-hacker to file charges with the FBI. Even though their antics are affecting so many sites, it is 100% certain that they are targeting this particular site.

All 3 times this has happened it has been on the weekend, going through mirrored servers overseas, and always right before big days / events. No hacker would go through the trouble of targeting us, on this type of schedule, unless there were personal reasons. This isn't random attacking.

With the events so close, we expected this. Take down our sites = harm our event attendance through preventing buying tickets or registering on our site or making donations. It will probably happen again in the next week or two.

Yes, we have an idea who it is and nothing is untraceable on the internet so they will be caught. This is a federal offense which would affect them personally and professionally when they are caught. And they will be caught. It's a shame some people can't act like adults and leave CHERUBS alone but unfortunately there are mean people out there with horrible and selfish motives. But they won't knock us down and we will fight back and the FBI will be fighting for us too. :)

So if our site goes down again, this is why and just know that we will be back up ASAP. CHERUBS is not going anywhere. :)

MaryanneReid
07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Dawn

It is so sad that someone keeps trying to hack into the site. What a shame that their energy can't be channelled into helping people instead of trying to hurt :(

But you are right, CHERUBS isn't going anywhere!

PennyCampsey
07-20-2008, 07:48 PM
thank you for posting that info dawn, i was trying to get on during that time...
was wondering what was going on .
will be more aware next time what is going on
what a shame someone would want to do this

DanielleGolding
07-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Thumbs down to the sad individuals involved in this.

:x

LynneB
07-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I am so sorry that some people are so small that they must build themselves up by tearing others down. We WILL prevail! We WILL have a fabulous conference! We have all come too far to let someone like this break us apart!

FernandaArce
07-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I was wondering what hapened because I tried to log in and couldn't. I am so sorry you have to deal with this, I hope that person stays away and stop hacking this site.

sarah.deskins
07-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Oh, well that explains my issue with logging in...
what a shame..