PDA

View Full Version : Our WONDERFUL Conference / Angel Ball / Golf Tourny Weekend!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-27-2008, 05:32 PM
The conference was very successful!!!! :)

All of us just clicked and got along great, like we always do here! :D There were a few bumpy starts with health, car and travel issues for some, but everyone made it here safe and sound.

The doctors were AMAZING! Dr. Longoni and Meaghan Russell - wonderful doctors and just great people! They hung out at the hotel, sat in on round table discussions and offered information to anyone who had questions. And their presentation was so wonderful! They had just the right blend of information so that none of felt like they were talking over our heads or down to us. And we learned SOOOOO much! Wonderful, wonderful people! Dr. Chiu flew in from Toronto on Friday morning, hung out with us for the day, gave her speech and few back to Canada on Friday evening - out of her own pocket (all doctors did). Her speech on pediatric surgery was incredible as well! Very, very informative! All 3 doctors are such caring people and so genuinely supportive of our CHERUBS families and of CHERUBS. We are just so impressed and appreciative of them. And Brenda.... wonderful job on her speech as well! She really gave us great insight on being on the medical side of CDH and how that impacts doctors and nurses and what we don't see. Just wonderful!

The round table discussions were great as well! We didn't get to all of them... we are a talkative bunch and ran out of time on some! ;) We laughed, learned, talked and cried. But we really learned a lot - about CDH, each other, and how so very true it is that none of us are alone.

The pizza party was wonderful! We met each other, talked, ate, sang Happy Birthday (cha, cha, cha Amy!) to those July babies and it was all a lot of fun.

I had to drive home on Thursday (an hour and a half each way) to pick up my mom for Friday so I missed the partying that night, but I'm sure there will be stories... or maybe not....

Wednesday night several of us went out for dinner and I have to say.... Barb's boys, the Olivarez girls and Miss Ayla..... angels. Dinner took a while, they all had driven all day.... and every one of those kids were so well behaved!

Friday, the kids had visits from clowns Hubba Bubba and Magic Dan. The adults partied again Friday night a bit and helped me finish up things for the Angel Ball on Saturday.

A HUGE thank you to all of our conference committee volunteers, all the dads who helped tote things and run errands, the family members who helped with the Angel Ball programs, those who helped with clean up and prep work and to Stephanie - girl, you are an angel and the conference wouldn't have happened without you!

Thursday night they all - and even some of you who didn't go - made me cry. :( Barb put together a book with photos and letters from members to me and it is so beautiful and special and wonderful and amazing... Barb, I love you girl, and all of you... thank you so much. This book means more to me than any gift I think I've ever received. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I am so ashamed to say that I took no photos. :( I was so busy I just didn't have time. So everyone, PLEASE e-mail me your photos!!

Angel Ball....

Was beautiful. All of our members were GORGEOUS - guys included!!! Our event planners, the Jr. Women's League, Tournament guy, florist.... made the ballroom spectacular. The band was amazing, the M.C. was wonderful, the volunteers were so great! We are so, so lucky to have had so much support to pull this off! ALL of the vendors and volunteers have already signed on for next year!!! :D

We had a blast! Shane had more fun that most I think. LOL. ;) Brenda didn't miss a single dance I think. I think everyone got on the floor at least once except Kara. Or did I miss that?

There was definite basket fighting. Stephanie is ruthless. lol.

Almost all of our raffle winners were members! I'll let them tell you what they won! Judi won the grand prize. :)

Attendance was low I think but our event planners keep telling me it was an amazing turn out and event for our first year - far better than most charity's first events like this ... I don't have any numbers yet on how much it made but even if it was just $1 - we raised a heck of a lot of awareness in the community!!!!!

A really great thing happened at the Angel Ball.... a couple became engaged. A local guy bought tickets to bring his girlfriend on a date and proposed to her. No, it was not me! Darn it! ;)

Golf Tournament....

is tomorrow. I'm working on everything and sitting here printing off programs and finishing up the signs. We need more players or we will be very much in the hole on this event. Please say prayers!

I had to leave the hotel early today and didn't get to say good-bye to everyone. :( My sister is having surgery tomorrow and my mom (my ride since I left my car at home) had to get back to VA.

It was so, so great to see so many of you again and to make and see new friends as well. We really are like one big (dysfunctional) family and I love it!!!

It was / is all a great weekend! But never, ever again 3 events in 1 weekend while working & commuting 12 hours a day! I wasn't nearly as prepared as I wanted to be and I didn't get to party with everyone much. I could barely keep going Friday night. Tuesday is my first day off in 2 months from work and CHERUBS event stuff - no one call or e-mail because I will be asleep ALL DAY! LOL. But it was all so worth it!! :D I am so looking forward to having time to post again and catching up here with all of you! I've really missed being able to hang out on the forums with you!

KateC
07-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Absolutely wonderful Dawn!!! Thank you so much for posting about the week's events. It sounds like we missed one heck of a week.

It seems everyone was truely blessed with a great time. Sorry I missed it, maybe next year ;)

PennyCampsey
07-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Great summary dawn ! and you are right, the speakers were great ! ! ! !
i hope we will be able to attend next year !
how have you got any energy left to be on here girl !?!?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm high on caffeine until these programs finish printing and this sponsor sign is done - then I'm passing out and back up at 5 am for the golf tournament!

Damon andSharonknott
07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Dawn,
Sounds like a great week was had by all. Thanks so much for taking the time to post this :)
xx

PennyCampsey
07-27-2008, 06:50 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH girl . are you going to crash and burn or what.
you better rest next week !
I can tell you that i havent laughed as hard as i did this weekend since , hmmmmmmmmmm since way before cole was born.
not that i'm not happy, just the stress of things, we did learn a lot here ! But i will tell you I needed to social support almost as much as I did anything else. just to be around others that have been through similar situations, you can truly laugh , cry, and be yourself, as you said dawn, no question is too small.
my hope is that other members of cherubs that arent as active will become active to they can reap the benefits of what we are all about.
Barb did do an AMAZING job on your book!
We do love you DAWN!

Elaine Moats
07-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Dawn,
Thanks for posting so soon. I knew it would be a GREAT event just like the last one :) good luck on golf tomorrow.

TaniaSmythe
07-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Sounds like a great weekend, i so wish i could have been there too!

Corin Nava
07-27-2008, 08:37 PM
The weekend has been AMAZING!!! So many laughs-and tears....

The speakers were wonderful!!!!

I haven't had so much fun in a long long time! Although I think I need a week of sleep to regroup! :)

karahess
07-27-2008, 08:43 PM
AMEN SISTERS! This was a truely amaizing weekend. I got back to the hotel after the ball and just cried happy tears. It was a powerful weekend indeed.

Raffle drawings . . . . . we won Ray Banz sunglasses and restaurant gift certificates. We also won the silent auction for the 4 night/5 day hotel stay in Hawaii!! Woo-hoo!!

Damon andSharonknott
07-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Kara - you did well with the raffle and the silent auction! Hawaii!! you lucky family :)

Chris and TracyMeats
07-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Thank you so much for posting a summary of the weekend - my family wishes they could have been there to meet you wonderful people and take part. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and deserve a big round of applause for the work you do for Cherubs!!!!! We pray the golf tournament is a success tomorrow!!! Dawn you relax girl and have a great week after tomorrow!!

kgalli
07-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Dawn, it was a wonderful wonderful time. You and your volunteers did such a great job. I had so much fun, but most importantly, I learned so much more about dealing with children with CDH. My sister Evelyn was also impressed with everything. It took her 12 hours today to go home, due to weather, storms, a normal 2 hour flight. lol But she also told me to say thank you for a great weekend. Elijah, as those who saw had a fun time, I didn't realize how much engery that little one has. I had a blast with the people. I felt like I knew everyone for so long. That it didn't feel like the first time meeting you all, you made me feel very very welcomed. I love you all, and Hope to see you all next year at the Indiana conference (LOL that is for stephenie). Well, it is time for me to go to bed. I will read more post tomorrow.
Love
Aunt Nancy

DanielleGolding
07-28-2008, 03:11 AM
Sounds wonderful!! Thanks for filling us in! Go Kara, that's amazing about Hawaii! I'm glad it all worked out so well Dawn now REST GIRL!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-28-2008, 04:23 AM
Photo albums are up - ready for photos to be added when you all get a chance!

DanielleKessner
07-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Thanks so much for the summary and all the comments. Wow Kara, Hawaii! You can be sure to see STACKS of flip flops there, lol. Can't wait to see all of the photos in the albums.

Dawn, so glad you liked your book. You will have to take some pictures of it so that we can see what it looks like, get the general feel and all. If we don't hear from you for a week we will know you are still sleeping :-)

Congratulations to you and all the volunteers - sounds like it was MORE than worth it :-)

LynneB
07-28-2008, 10:47 AM
We had a great time too! We got the trip to Florida and are trying to get Amy's parents to adopt our family!

FernandaArce
07-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Awwwww... sounds like I miss an unforgettable weekend! *sigh* BUT I'm so happy you all had so much fun, you cried, laughed, ect...

Dawn... I'm so happy you liked you book :)

I have one question left... WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE????

DanielleKessner
07-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Do you think you will go Fer? My hubby and I are making tentative plans already. I can't committ but we are seriously talking about it and trying not to get too excited about the possibility!

Shaz, Maryanne and Dani - any chance any of you would go? What about other International members? If we start planning now, we might just make it there!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Fer, ask me that in a week or two when I'm rested over this one! LOL

The Golf Tournament went GREAT! We didn't have enough players but everyone kept saying what a great event it was for the first year and very classy. The players, volunteers and vendors again said they all are on board for next year!!! :) It was HOT though - 98 degrees but some breeze. The golf course itself.... ugh, overpriced, cold but the location and course was beautiful. Already have another course offering us to do it for less than HALF what this course charged us this year so we'll be having it somewhere else next year. Braden and Garret got to play so I was very happy about having my boys there. And they were complete little gentlemen and even kept up with the adults with their scores. No one got a hole in one so the Lexus went back to the dealership. Maybe next year! Next year though I'm going to see if we can give away a house! ;)

Yes, already thinking about next year... ok, so Fer, we're thinking San Francisco next summer but the east coasters say they will boycott. Maybe Texas. We'll see.

Not sure how much money we raised or didn't raise (we went in the hole on the golf tourney) - won't find out until the auction company reports back. But all 3 events were successful as far as everyone having a great time, being great awareness events, informational and classy (well, the conference could've been classier).... but we did it! We pulled it off, all 3 events and I am SOOOOOO proud of our volunteers!!!!!!! :D

FernandaArce
07-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Danielle, yes I would go! i have to start making my visa arrangements and Juan Pablo's as well... And San Francisco!!!! I've never been there and I've heard it's a beautiful city!... I would SO love to meet you all!

Dawn, I'm so happy everything turned out great! :)

KimberlySwitzer
07-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow, it sounds like you guys had a BLAST!! I am on board for next year(fingers crossed nothing interfers!) and starting to get my finances in order...

KarlaHolt
07-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm in for San Fran as my brother lives out there! Texas would be cool too. I wish I could've gone this year but hopefully next year! Glad it was a great success!

TaniaSmythe
07-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I am just hoping to make it to the Aussie one next year so maybe give me baout 5 years or so before i will be able to make it to the US lol

MaryanneReid
07-28-2008, 06:16 PM
I am definitely thinking about going next year. San Francisco would be great!

AmyMiles
07-28-2008, 06:59 PM
The conference and ball were GREAT! It was so awesome to meet everyone. Dawn is just as amazing in person as online. I don't know how you do it all!

After the ball we went to a steakhouse/bar and raised even more awareness while dressed up. We had many people asking why we were dressed up so of course we told them all about CDH!

Many good times. We probably won't be able to make it next year, as we are TTC, but will be there in spirit!

DanielleKessner
07-29-2008, 04:37 AM
San Francisco would be super. The east coast people shouldn't boycott the west coast - you have to share it around! :-)

PennyCampsey
07-29-2008, 07:23 AM
i would love to go to san francisco but i know we wont be able to swing it

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Penny, maybe we can carpool. ;)

Ohhhhhh, we should have CDH trains going to SF from all over the country... that would raise a ton of awareness! Get everyone to put signs on their cars along the way. Hmmmmm.....

FernandaArce
07-29-2008, 08:53 AM
That's a great idea Dawn!

Corin Nava
07-29-2008, 10:20 AM
who knows, maybe if I start saving my pennies now I will make it out there :)

StephanieOlivarez
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
All the events we attended were AMAZING...WONDERFUL...will remain in our heart forever!
SO many friendships to remain strong....just a heart felt week-end and I can honestly say...that I can't even find the words to describe everything.
Don't laugh!!!!
As many of you know...it is hard to not have me talk. lol

I enjoyed each and everyone of you. LOVED spending time with all of you and can't wait until the next time we get together.
LONG LIVE THIS WONDERFUL CHERUBS FAMILY!
You ALL hold such a SPECIAL place in my heart and that will forever remain the same.

SF is a LITTLE to far for the Olivarez Clan.
It makes me sad to have it there--but if it gets our Aussie gals here---where these is a will...there is a way!!!!!!!!!

PennyCampsey
07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Amen to that STEPH!

karahess
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Slight correction to Dawn's original post. Kara DID make it out onto the dance floor and had one slow dance with her hubby! See what you miss when you're all outside comparing flip-flops over a cigarette.

:lol:

PennyCampsey
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
uhoh ......

StephanieOlivarez
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
We missed you dancing Kara!!!!!!!
There is always next year!!! lol

My flip-flops were at least DRESSY---so there!!! lol

KateC
07-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Slight correction to Dawn's original post. Kara DID make it out onto the dance floor and had one slow dance with her hubby! See what you miss when you're all outside comparing flip-flops over a cigarette.

LOL KARA!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-29-2008, 07:02 PM
hey.... I don't smoke and wasn't outside much. Must've snuck that dance in while I was in the kitchen or something. But let's please remember the first 2 conference rules...

1. What is said or done at the conference, stays there

2. No judging

PennyCampsey
07-29-2008, 07:04 PM
you got it dawn :0)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I should learn to click on the last page of these posts, huh? LOL.

I'm sorry I missed you guys dancing! I only got Craig out there twice, he's soooooo uncomfortable dancing though he's not that bad.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Penny, I can't enlarge your photos in the album. Anyone else have this problem or is my computer being wonky?

PennyCampsey
07-29-2008, 07:46 PM
oh shoot .
well, i thought i had to shrink them to get them uploaded, maybe i shrunk them too much ?LOL
i couldnt upload them larger. ...
if anyone has any suggestions how i can make em bigger i will
AND I WAS ON WIFI NOT DIAL UP LOL

Chris and TracyMeats
07-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Maybe next year a happy medium could be the conference location! I am close to the west coast and due to finances, couldn't swing the east coast conference. I am saving our pennies and hopefully next year we can make it, if it ends up on the east coast again. California or Texas would be great, but we would need somebody who knew the venues there to help plan! Having Dawn and so many of you close to NC is a great asset for the planning and pulling off a wonderful event! Lots to think about.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Penny, can you e-mail the larger ones to me or mail them on a CD and I'll resize them for you?

PennyCampsey
07-30-2008, 07:37 AM
I understand that Tracy!
I had so much fun, I'll kick and scream and pull a real hissy fit till Scott says "OK" but the $$$$ i would have to come up with somehow.
A medium would be nice, but you WEST guys deserve it close to you too. It was nice having Dawn right in the heart of it all to plan.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 07:45 AM
I promise, it will move around and be back on the East Coast again. There's always the Angel Ball and Golf Tournament in NC every year that you can come to. But we really need as many as we can at the conferences! If we do SF then our CA Rep and Dr. Harrison are right there. Dr. Harrison is a huge advocate for CHERUBS (on our board for 10 yrs now) and he'd be able to help with some things. Plus, SF isn't too hot, it's beautiful, lots of great tourist stuff for adults and kids.

I planned the Orlando conference from NC so being far isn't too bad with conferences. Now the Angel Ball and Golf Tournament.... I HAVE to be near, just too many vendors and sponsors and such to deal with. And with the conference, none of our NC members helped at all and we still pulled it off - Steph did a lot from Indiana. So we can definitely pull the conference off anywhere we go. :)

DanielleKessner
07-30-2008, 04:26 PM
We have our Aussie gathering (CAAF) in a different state each year and even though we are small in population Australia is fairly close to the size of the US in land mass (I think?). We have local members organise our CAAF each year - normally between 2 and 4. A couple of us help out each year from afar but the local people source venues, guest speakers, motels, family day activities, morning tea etc. It works beautifully for us.

So those out west, if it comes to SF you really need to jump on board and help out :-)

As far as the cost - yes it can be expensive. But a lot of our members plan their family holiday around it. Maryanne has dragged her whole family all around Australia for their family holidays :-)

It's a long way off but we are planning to attend. Julian is going to be working a stack of overtime to get us there - which means I will be working overtime running kids around etc. while he is working. Not sure how I am going to fit it all in with full time work and oz cherubs stuff but it will be worth it. Like a couple of you have said, where there is a will there is a way.

Hope to see you all in a years time!!! :-)

PennyCampsey
07-30-2008, 04:34 PM
you have a point there dawn, it's ashamed none of our NC members stepped up, i think i was the only one from VA
gotta light a fire under these folks.
they have no idea what they R missing

TaraHall
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Dawn, tell Craig if I was out there dancing he can. I don't fast dance so you all got a special treat (or as Penny would say Ya'll LOL).

We will try to make it to the conference wherever it is. I need to find a job or get some kids to watch or we are going to be broke real quick. Poor Jeff is working over 50 hrs a week (some of that out in the elements directing traffic).

I would love to come to an Australia Conference some year :)

Penny, Corin, Amy, and Steph it wouldn't be a conference with out you!

PennyCampsey
07-31-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm with you on the Australia conference TARA !

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-31-2008, 08:24 AM
I hear ya on the saving up! I don't know how I'm going to afford to go to SF either, plus 2 other events next year, but I will pull it off somehow! You ladies are so right - where there is a will, there is a way! Ebay, yard sales, car washes.... whatever we have to do! And Australia one year.... I'm so in!!! We need to pick a year and say we're all going and just go! Maybe we can hitchhike on a ship or something. lol.

LynneB
07-31-2008, 10:04 AM
I wish Jeff would have danced, but he waited until the last minute, had to buy a tux and shoes and get alterations done to the tune of about $350.00. He did not listen to me and bought shoes that did not fit, so he did not want to move. He said he thought he was going to have an anxiety attack, they were so tight.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Where did you get the tux at, Lynne? You guys didn't go to Hillsborough?

LynneB
07-31-2008, 11:54 AM
we could not find the place in Hillsborough. We were looking for the 2nd exti but could only find one Hillsborough exit and Jeff would not ask for directions. That will teach him to wait until the last minute. We ended up at the Southpoing Mall at the Tux store.

karahess
07-31-2008, 01:26 PM
I know we all shelled out a lot for the ball, but the good news is that now we all already have tuxes or gowns for future Angel Balls : )

PennyCampsey
07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
that's true ..
except me !
i'll be the one spending next year LOL
but i have a whole year to get a dress, dont i ?

PennyCampsey
07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
MEN and directions. will they ever learn ?

LynneB
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
That is what Dawn said. I will not be able to wear this dress next year, hopefully. I have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks so I am getting there. I don't know if it is my thyroid or the fact that i gave up sodas and sweet tea.

karahess
07-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Good for you, Lynne! You go girl! By the way, I thought you were absolutely stunning at the ball! I loved your dress!

I starved myself 2 days before the ball so I'd fit in my dress now I'm on the see-food diet and eating anything in sight!

TaraHall
07-31-2008, 02:33 PM
You go Lynne! I know it is that reunion coming up :). I could not give up sweet tea LOL. That is my weakness.

Jeff should have just taken his shoes off. All of the girls were barefoot. We wouldn't have cared. You can have your dress altered for next time, it is beautiful. I'm going to try to talk Dawn into letting us wear colors so I can get my dress in the red LOL. Go to amazon.com and type in ball gowns they have a lot to choose from.

I won't even comment on men and directions, I think that is why Jeff bought the GPS system!

LynneB
07-31-2008, 02:55 PM
You all are too much! Kara you do not look like you need to diet! Thanks Tara. I asked him to go bare foot ,but no. We missed the after ball fun too! I started my heart meds and am going to have my nuclear scan in two weeks. Maybe I am on the road to geeing human again.

LynneB
07-31-2008, 03:00 PM
I meant being human.

Corin Nava
07-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Giving up soda's and sweet tea (ummm-aka liquid sugar) can really help with weight loss! I have to loose 35-40 lbs before my next pregnancy....I've got a lot of work to do!!!

I am all for picking a year to go to Australia conference!!!! I have always dreamed of going to Australia! Can we mail ourselves?! :)

I am pretty sure I am going to find a way to get to San Francisco next year...but I will probably have to come alone to afford it. I just put a jar on my desk for change-it's a start!

DanielleKessner
07-31-2008, 04:24 PM
It would be SENSATIONAL to have you all come to Australia. I agree - you will have to pick a year down the track that you can all save towards and we can plan to hold it in Sydney (I think that would be the cheapest flight into the country?)

I can just see us collecting you all from the post office wrapped in brown packaging, lol.

StephanieOlivarez
07-31-2008, 06:00 PM
I am in for Australia!!!!!

So is it decided...the next conference is for sure in San Francisco???
That might be a problem for us like I have stated.
It will take us three days to drive their!!!!!YUCK!!
But if there is a will...there is a way!!!!!!

All I have to say is Shane and Brenda burned up the dance floor!!!!!!! lol
Shane had a blast dancing and I think so did Brenda.

It was good to have so much fun!!!!!

karahess
07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Chuck works for Fedex and gets a huge discount on shipping. Anyone want me to ship you to Australia :)

StephanieOlivarez
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
I want to be shipped!!
Please a box with breathing holes!!!!!!!lol

Damon andSharonknott
07-31-2008, 11:33 PM
It would be FABULOUS if you came down to OZ!!!

What month will the conference be? and will it be San Fran?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Nothing is decided yet, have to talk to the conference committee and Dr. Harrison. We'll get a date by the end of the month.

StephanieOlivarez
08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Shaz--
What would be the best City to have it in for Aussie members?
Just wondering.
If it has to be San Francisco....Shane said he will not miss the chance to meet you Shaz!!! (there goes that flirting stuff again.......... :D

LynneB
08-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Shaz and Dani, Oz would be great! We better start saving too!

StephanieOlivarez
08-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Lynne-
Shane and I were just talking about the conference.
Bear has the most beautiful blue eyes we have ever seen.
To look at his picture and see him in person....you have a very handsome son.
I am happy we could meet all of you.

LynneB
08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Aww Shucks! Thank you. He does have pretty blue eyes. He looks so much like my dad. He hoped Jake would look like him, but if you saw Jake at the conference, you know he looks just like Jeff. I really hate that he is not around to see Baer. Sometimes I get so angry at him for that choice that he made. Shelby is a little doll too. but I think that Taylor won my heart. She sure is stubborn huh? Wonder where she gets that from?

DanielleKessner
08-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Shaz and Maryanne might answer this as well but west coast is definitely the cheapest for us (LA and San Fran). If it was in Texas and we were coming I would still attend - would just be an extra flight once we got in and that means extra $. I am thinking more about the local US members though - making it fair on everyone. We are having our CAAF in Perth this year which is very isolated from the rest of Australia but it is only fair that we go there every so often for the WA members. They have spent a fortune attending our east coast forums! And so far this year we have 6 families flying over to it which is really good - probably more than we expected.

Just trying to be fair for your west coasters :-) I so hope I can make it next year - just a warning though, you won't get any tears from me. Don't think I am a hard person, I just tend to cry on the inside instead, lol. Maryanne is much the same!

Damon andSharonknott
08-02-2008, 02:08 AM
West coast is cheaper...
It cost us $2200 (aus) flying with Emirates via Dubai to NY in 2006 (meeting Polly)

I cry at the drop of a hat! Damon and the kids tease me all the time. Chels couldn't believe I cried in Mamma Mia! I cry at all the finales for tv shows..

Shane - you are making me blush: you big strong man you!!

xxx

MaryanneReid
08-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Yep West Coast is cheaper! Shaz and I have to first fly from the west coast of Australia to the east coast, and then on to the USA!

Danielle is right about me, I cry on the inside too......

Damon andSharonknott
08-02-2008, 04:27 AM
Maryanne, are you planning on the 4 of you going?

MaryanneReid
08-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Yes, that would be the plan. We would have to make it a BIG family holiday!

I'm not sure I could leave my kids for such a long time if I came by myself!

Corin Nava
08-03-2008, 05:11 PM
If you Aussie members can make it to the U.S. for a conference, I guess I have no excuses not to make it :) That would be wonderful to meet you all!

DanielleKessner
08-04-2008, 05:54 AM
OMG Corin - we couldn't not meet you!!! You would have to attend :-)

PennyCampsey
08-04-2008, 06:47 AM
I already told TARA we have to find a way to make it out there! there is NO way I could miss meeting all of you Aussie's if you are in the US .. i'd kick myself forever !

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
We need a caravan to go out there! One of these years we'll convince an RV company to donate an RV with CDH AWARENESS PAINTED ALL OVER IT and drive it across country!!! :) When gas isn't so expensive. Anyone know an RV company or owner who would donate? ;)

Photos - I need photos!!!! I need group photos from the conference and photos of the guest speakers. I also need photos from the Angel Ball. Need these for the newsletter, sites, next year's promo's, etc for the event planners and marketing company (which btw, are all volunteers!). Please e-mail me photos at events@cherubs-cdh.org or upload them to the album here. I know Corin is putting together CDs but I need these ASAP. Thanks! :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-04-2008, 09:40 AM
We need a caravan to go out there! One of these years we'll convince an RV company to donate an RV with CDH AWARENESS PAINTED ALL OVER IT and drive it across country!!! :) When gas isn't so expensive. Anyone know an RV company or owner who would donate? ;)

Photos - I need photos!!!! I need group photos from the conference and photos of the guest speakers. I also need photos from the Angel Ball. Need these for the newsletter, sites, next year's promo's, etc for the event planners and marketing company (which btw, are all volunteers!). Please e-mail me photos at events@cherubs-cdh.org or upload them to the album here. I know Corin is putting together CDs but I need these ASAP. Thanks! :)

StephanieOlivarez
08-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Dawn--I know that you got my picture DVD--did it help?

Shane and I were talking and he said WHERE EVER the next conference was--we WILL be there!! Now you are all my witnesses!!!!!
Because he wants to dance with Shaz and Brenda!!!!!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
HUGE help, Steph, thank you!!!!! :)

I got the other photographers photos and the videographer's video of the golf tourney all in today. TONS of great photos! Going to take me forever to get them all on the sites but I'm determined to get it done by tomorrow!

LynneB
08-07-2008, 02:08 PM
We got a great big convoy truckin' all over the land! :rotfl:

StephanieOlivarez
08-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Dawn--was there any pictures of Shane and I dancing?
How do we get copies if we like them?
Can we get copies of the DVD's or will you send them to Corin and then we get copies????
Here are a bunch of questions----today is the day Dawn!!!
Get ready!!!! lol

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
LOL, Steph, I still owe you an e-mail with questions you asked - I gotta find it, my inbox is a MESS right now! lol.

I'm going to mail Corin the CDs by this weekend (originals, not copies so please send them back, Corin - I'll include a SASE). Corin can add them to the others.

We'll be selling portraits as a mini-fundraiser like we posted on the Angel Ball site and brochure. I've been adding them to cafepress also all week. Prints start at just $5.00 (we only get 1 penny on those but that's ok!). But you'll have the CDs to print photos yourselves too. Just PLEASE do not post or reproduce the ones the photographers did for any other use that just printing them for yourselves. Copyrights and all that - plus they did this out of the goodness of their hearts so let's respect their work. This means if you post them to myspace, facebook, etc - give them credit!

I'll have them up on the site by tomorrow. Your photos too, Steph. I am getting so many e-mails and calls from the vendors and guests wanting photos... so glad these are finally here! lol.

Corin Nava
08-07-2008, 02:56 PM
No problem Dawn-I will send it back as soon as I copy it. Let me know when you send it out so I can keep an eye on the mail.

Steph-you better make it out there next year :) It wouldn't be the same without you. I am determined to make it no matter what-although I will probably be coming alone for $ reasons.

StephanieOlivarez
08-07-2008, 03:26 PM
We are 20 minutes from the house...so questions will have to wait until tomorrow or Saturday.
Crunch time when I get home--leaving tomorrow at 11am.
I am bringing my laptop with.
So your off the hook Dawn--for at least today! lol

I can't wait to see the pictures and knowing we can buy as many as we want for our personnal albums ROCKS!!!!!

You never answered the question of the day Dawn--is there any pictures of Shane and I dancing??????????????? lol