PDA

View Full Version : Cooking with Cherubs Vol. III ?????

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Someone slap me for even thinking this but we have so many more members now and we have Cafepress so we won't be stuck with 100's of cookbooks to sell so the only drawback is the time it takes to do this. That's why I want helpers. :)

Can I get a few of you to help put this together? For example - 1 of you collect all meat dishes, 1 all bread, 1 all desserts, etc. If we separate it all into sections then it won't be overwhelming for 1 person to put together. I can post a subsection here in on the Forum for people to submit recipes. You put them a Word document by alphabetical order and then I'll put them all together, with the index pages and voila! Cooking with Cherubs Vol. III!!! Just in time for the holidays!!! :) Family and friends can submit recipes in honor / memory of cherubs too.

What do you all think?

PennyCampsey
07-30-2008, 11:13 AM
I'll help in anyway I can :0)
however i'm not Paula Dean !
I can do deserts ..

PennyCampsey
07-30-2008, 11:15 AM
when do you need them by ?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Let's say a October 15th deadline?

More response? What do you all think? Kara, can I count on you for a hypoallergenic section?

PennyCampsey
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
that sounds good.
i will see what i can gather together from family, friends, etc
how do i need to get them to you dawn
come on YALL !!!
OH SNAP .. I DONT HAVE WORD ON THIS COMPUTER DAWN ... let me see what i can figure out

Corin Nava
07-30-2008, 12:15 PM
I can't cook....but I can bake! If you need dessert recipes I am all over that!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Penny, you can use Notepad. :)

Corin, I am expecting a truffle recipe! :)

Elaine Moats
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Dawn,

Can you hear me laughing??? :)

I can help on this one also..would not want to miss an edition. I will take which ever section you need help in.

If it would be easier to have one contact person for all types of recipes I will volunteer for that. I had fun putting the other two cookbooks together so why not another one. Up to you.

Either way let me know how I can help.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 03:15 PM
I knew this post would get your attention, Elaine! ROFL Thank you for being willing to go through this process for a 3rd time, you are the best!

Barbara and KevinWagner
07-30-2008, 03:22 PM
oh yeah!! I LOVE our cookbooks! I ruined my Vol II any chance that u have extras?

I will help also!! Corin we could do a diabetic section! LOL

Barb

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 03:38 PM
I do have some extras, Barb!

I am all for a section to cover food for gaining weight for our cherubs, allergies and diabetes!

Barbara and KevinWagner
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
The new and improved cooking with CHERUBS!! LOL I have some favorite recipes that I use for my diabetes so I can absolutley do that! I also sent Steph a bunch of "fun" recipes/ideas for kids (the boys made Shelby up a "get Shelby to eat" box! LOL) so if u wanted to add a fun cooking with kids section we can fill it! LOL

Barb
PS Let me know how much for the cookbook and I will paypal or whatever! yeah!

PennyCampsey
07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I"ll take you helping me CORIN!!!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

KimberlySwitzer
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM
I cant really cook, but I have a ton of recipes and would be glad to be a section person, like bread?

KateC
07-30-2008, 06:05 PM
I have a couple recipes I'd like to share - can't really help collect things to get together, October is kind of close to the due date and I would hate to get invloved and then not be much of a help at all. Kind of like now LOL

Corin Nava
07-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Kate-just keep cooking those twins :)

KateC
07-31-2008, 07:58 AM
LOL!! They are a cookin'!

PennyCampsey
07-31-2008, 08:18 AM
WEll, you are doing a good job cookin em !

StephanieOlivarez
07-31-2008, 07:22 PM
I would love to help!!!
Will there be a section for hordierves(sp).
I would love to take that one!!!
Just let me know.

KimberlySwitzer
08-13-2008, 06:41 PM
I've got a bunch of yummy recipes from my grandma to add to the book :) I spent a few hours going through all of her books and picked out my favorites!

PennyCampsey
08-24-2008, 07:13 AM
HEY ya'll ..
i am going to have to take back the statement that i would do the dessert section, I just cant, with my health up and down and obligations at school, it's just not possible
i will send in recipes
i am sorry ladies!

StephanieOlivarez
08-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Completely understandable Penny.
You know I am thinking about you daily and keeping you in my Prayers.
Hugs girl

Bethany Gillham
08-25-2008, 11:37 AM
I'll take over the desert section for Penny. I could also do a section for side-dishes (potatoes, veggies, etc) if you guys want to send those recipes to me I will get them organized.

If you send them to this address bgillham@penskeautomotive.com or bethanygillham@hotmail.com that would be great.

This should be fun!

KimberlySwitzer
08-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Is there going to be a spot on here for people to post reciepes and then we just collect them?

PennyCampsey
08-25-2008, 12:40 PM
thank you bethany ! i really appreciate you taking that over for me..

Dawn Torrence Ireland
09-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Ok, so far we have:

Breads & Rolls - Kim Switzer (kswitzer@cherubs-cdh.org)
Appetizers & Beverages - Stephanie Olivarez (solivarez@cherubs-cdh.org)
Soups, Salads & Vegetables -
Main Dishes & Casseroles -
Meat, Poultry & Seafood -
Cakes, Cookies & Candy - Corin Nava (cnava@cherubs-cdh.org)
Pies, Pasty & Other Desserts - Bethany Gillham (bethanygillham@hotmail.com )
Hypoallergenic Recipes -
This & That (Misc) -
Household Hints -

Barb and Elaine, what sections would you like? Anyone else?

The document is attached for each of our cookbook volunteers. Just copy and paste the recipes into that and then after the deadline (October 15) you can send me the document and I'll put it together for the cookbook.

ANYONE can donate a recipe! They can be family or friends, etc. Just send the recipe to the appropriate section volunteer. Please put Recipe in the subject line! Make sure to put in honor/memory and your cherub's name along with the state / country where the recipe is coming from.

Also, we'd like drawings to separate the cookbook sections so please get our kids to work! :) Any drawings of cherubs and angels cooking.

KimberlySwitzer
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
I can do another section if you need me to dawn!

Elaine Moats
09-18-2008, 02:31 PM
I will take 2 areas:
Soup, Salads & Veggies
Main Dishes & Casseroles

StephanieOlivarez
09-18-2008, 09:53 PM
COME ON LADIES GET YOUR RECIPES IN!!!!!!!!!
Take a section. It is EASY work.

These cookbooks would make GREAT Christmas Gifts.

Damon andSharonknott
09-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Ok Steph, I can do Meat, Poultry and Seafoods.

What about the differences from country to country with measurements, meat products etc ???

Dawn Torrence Ireland
09-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Thank you so much for volunteering! Updated list:

Soups, Salads & Vegetables - Elaine Moats (emoats@cherubs-cdh.org)
Main Dishes & Casseroles - Elaine Moats (emoats@cherubs-cdh.org)
Meat, Poultry & Seafood - Sharon Knott (sknott@cherubs-cdh.org)
Hypoallergenic Recipes -
This & That (Misc) -
Household Hints -

Ok, 3 sections left! Kara, can I beg you to take the Hypoallergenic section since you're our resident Allergy Expert? :) Who wants Misc and Household Hints? Come on, we have to have at least 1 Martha Stewart here. :)

Shaz, that's a great question! It's been so long since the last one, I can't remember.... Elaine, do you remember what we did?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
09-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Misc would be stuff like dips, caramel popcorn, sauces, cheeses, ice cream, crackers, etc

Household Hints would be stuff like using vaseline to remove to water rings on wood or using peanut butter to remove chewing gum from hair, etc.

Hypoallergenic would be any recipes that are easy to eat for people with allergies. Like applesauce cake because it has no eggs or milk.

Corin Nava
09-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Hmmm.... I just realized that all my recipes are in pounds and ounces by weight rather than cups and teaspoon measurements like most people use. Should I still include those?

StephanieOlivarez
09-19-2008, 12:07 PM
THANKS Shaz!!!

Thanks to all who have volunteered!!!

NOW WE JUST NEED YOUR WONDERFUL RECIPES!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Ok I will take the last three sections.

Woohoo! can not wait to see all the recipes!!

Barb

Elaine Moats
09-19-2008, 03:04 PM
In the last 2 cookbooks I just typed in what was sent to me. We did not worry about the different measurements. We even had some recipes from Australia that called for different types of meat that we do not have available in the USA but we still included those recipes. Also there were quite a few recipes for wild game that not everyone gets a chance to hunt for.

So any and all recipes are welcome :)

Corin Nava
09-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the info Elaine! I'll start sorting my recipes :)

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey Dawn....what about pies? Send these to Corin?

Also what about a crockpot cooking section? I am sure that I could fill this one all by myself! LOL I would take that section also.

Corin Nava
09-20-2008, 11:12 AM
oooh Barb-a crockpot section-GREAT IDEA!!!! I LOVE using my crockpot and would love to find some new recipes!!!! I think that should definitely be a section!!!

Damon andSharonknott
09-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info Elaine
x

Elaine Moats
09-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Dawn,
Was typing up my first recipe and noticed that there was no place to put the name/title of the recipe in the document. Do you want titles?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
09-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Yes, Elaine, good catch! Duh, can't believe I forgot that! Here is the new document! THANK YOU, ELAINE!!! :)

Main Dishes & Casseroles & Crockpot Recipes - Elaine Moats (emoats@cherubs-cdh.org)
Hypoallergenic Recipes - Barb Wagner (bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org)
This & That (Misc) - Barb Wagner (bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org)
Household Hints - Barb Wagner (bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org)

Ok, crockpots added to main dishes category. Pies go to Bethany. Feel free to send this list to family and friends!

Bethany Gillham
09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Would those of you sending recipes to me please send them to bgillham@penskeautomotive.com. Thank you!

Also, let me make sure I have this right. I am supposed to gather the recipes that are sent to me and put them into the document that Dawn created, correct? Then when I am done (Oct. 15th) who do I send the finished list to?

I'd be happy to help in any way that I can if someone who has several sections needs help. Just let me know.

I've got lots of good recipes! Now I need to go through and figure out who to send them to. :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Yep, Bethany that's exactly it and then you send it to me. Thank you!!! :)

Bethany Gillham
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok, great. I will do it.

KimberlySwitzer
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Bethany I just sent some to the other email dawn had so I will resend them ASAP...

who would get cheese cake reciepes? is it considered a cake or other desserts?

Corin Nava
09-23-2008, 07:44 PM
I guess I'll take the cheesecake recipe :) I consider it cake....

Bethany Gillham
09-24-2008, 09:34 AM
That's ok if you sent them to my pther email. I'll still get them. Thank you!

KimberlySwitzer
09-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Ok then I wont bother resending them, and Corin Im hoping to get some to you tonight...

StephanieOlivarez
09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
I have lots of recipes to send and plan on getting them to where they need to be by the end of this week!!!!

I can't wait to see the finished cookbook!
I am wondering if we should do a picture part of all the CHERUBS???
For a preschool cookbook-they included a picture of all the children.
It really made the cookbook very special.

PennyCampsey
10-09-2008, 09:12 AM
when is the deadline

Elaine Moats
10-13-2008, 10:55 PM
The deadline was 10-15 but I think it was moved to 10-20.
The sooner the better on getting all those recipes in :)

Barbara and KevinWagner
10-14-2008, 12:03 AM
The deadline was moved??

Elaine Moats
10-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Barb,
I remember seeing that Dawn had moved the deadline to 10-20 somewhere on the website. I will try to find it.

KimberlySwitzer
10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Who are we sending our recipe form to? And is the deadline for that, or for people to send them to us? Im confused!

Barbara and KevinWagner
10-14-2008, 01:03 PM
I have been trying to find where the deadline was moved to the 20th and can not find anything.......so I am assuming that the dealine is still the 15th.

Please send all of the forms to me NO LATER then Friday the 17th.

Chris and TracyMeats
10-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Dawn listed the 20th on deadlines on her MySpace bulletins, that is where I remember seeing the 20th and not the 15th.

Elaine Moats
10-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I found it Hooray!! :) boy I hate having an old fuzzy brain but that is what I have so I will have to okay with it.

Dawn had sent out an email on the old listserv on 10-7-08 with a list of the many projects going on at CHERUBS and the cookbook was one of them. Here is what she said:

Cooking with Cherubs Vol. III
The 3rd edition of our cookbook is coming out just in time for the holidays! Families, doctors, nurses and friends are welcome to donate recipes for this fun fundraiser! Please e-mail the appropriate section editors below with your recipe, name, state/country and who your recipe is in honor or memory of. The submission deadline is October 20, 2008, publish date is November 30, 2008
Main Dishes & Casseroles & Crockpot Recipes - Elaine Moats (emoats@cherubs-cdh.org)
Pies, Pasty & Other Desserts - Bethany Gillham (bgillham@penskeautomotive.com)
Hypoallergenic Recipes - Barb Wagner (bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org)
This & That (Misc) - Barb Wagner (bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org)
Household Hints - Barb Wagner (bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org)

So Barb, I am guessing we have until the 20th to get all the recipes to you. If that is okay?

Barbara and KevinWagner
10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Dang I missed that e-mail. LOL

Ok well looks like the new deadline is the 20th! 8-)

So on Monday you all can send your forms to Dawn. Please, Please get them in on time since we have a few extra days.

Elaine Moats
10-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Dawn,
I sent in all the recipes that I collected. Did you get them?
Thanks,
Elaine

KimberlySwitzer
10-20-2008, 06:10 PM
I will send mine in later tonight once I have haylee in bed!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Just posted this to Facebook and Myspace and now posting it here. :)

I'm putting together the cookbook this week (it will go on sale by November 1st) and after tomorrow I will not be adding more recipes so please get those in! This cookbook is to help raise awareness and funding for Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.

All families and friends are invited to participate - anyone who wants to support CDH families can join in!!!

Please send your recipes to membership@cherubs-cdh.org and make sure to include the following:

1. Your name
2. Recipe title
3. Ingredients
4. Directions
5. Cherub's name your are donating recipe for
6. In honor or in memory?
7. Your state / country

Also, we need drawings for the cookbook so please get the kids and crayons out and get them to draw pictures of cherubs and angels cooking! Their drawings will be seen around the world! :)

Thanks everyone!
Dawn

CHERUBS - http://www.cdhsupport.org

KimberlySwitzer
10-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Dawn, did you get the breads and rolls reciepes I sent you? I was having trouble getting it on my cherubs email so I sent it using my hotmail one.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes, I think so, Kim. Will let you know if I didn't. I'm trying to put together lists of all the recipes and stories so everyone knows what I've received so far. So I'm kinda swimming in all this stuff today. :)

Damon andSharonknott
10-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Mrs TW,
I have just sent in my section.
hugs
x

KimberlySwitzer
10-21-2008, 07:29 PM
ok thanks Dawn!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-12-2008, 08:25 PM
You guys... guess what? I totally forgot Side Dishes! I'm finishing up the last edits on the cookbook and adding the index (cause I totally forgot that too!) and realized this. Can we get some quick side dishes in by tomorrow please???? You can mail them to me at membership@cherubs-cdh.org. Please make sure to add your name, cherub's name, in memory or honor and your state (as well as the recipe of course).

I cannot believe we forgot that! LOL

Damon andSharonknott
11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
what are side dishes??

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Vegetables, other things that go along with the main dishes. What is that called in Australia?

Damon andSharonknott
11-12-2008, 09:22 PM
DUH!!!! (blonde moment!!)
Yes, its called side dishes down under..

Will email you some Dawn
x

KateC
11-12-2008, 09:42 PM
I am not busy (Girls in bed - yea!!!) will e-mail you some to use :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
LOL, got them, thank you!

Damon andSharonknott
11-12-2008, 09:44 PM
today my brain in like our time difference - 10 hours behind...

Elaine Moats
11-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Dawn,
I think I sent you some sides in the file under soup, salads and veggies. Did you not get it? Did you get my maindish file? let me know?
Thanks,
Elaine

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-12-2008, 10:33 PM
I got them! I'm moving some over to the side dish section now. I had that section listed as just Soup and Salads somehow. So not a lot of side dish submissions (I know no one in my family sent in any - I'm pestering them now to submit some). Boy, I'm missing that old handy cookbook software we used the other 2 times!

MaryanneReid
11-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Shaz I was going to ask the same thing!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Ok, FINALLY, here it is!

http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs.329390565

Damon andSharonknott
11-15-2008, 08:19 PM
YAH!!!
Thank so much Dawn
xx

Damon andSharonknott
01-01-2009, 07:34 AM
I ordered the cookbook and it arrived New Years Eve.... We LOVE IT :)

ALL of the receipes are wonderful.
Damon and I cant wait to try out a heap - starting with Corin's chocolate cake YUM...

KimberlySwitzer
01-01-2009, 11:03 AM
I cant wait to try so many recipes :)

Corin Nava
01-02-2009, 09:43 PM
:) Shaz-Chocolate cake is my favorite! Filled with a good peanut butter mousse mmmmmm..... I think I need to go bake!

StephanieOlivarez
01-02-2009, 10:11 PM
We have used Leigh's crabbies recipe 4 times already!
We tell the girls they are Crabby Patties (Spongebob) and THEY love them.

The cookbook does have some awesome recipes.