PDA

View Full Version : Stories of Cherubs Vol. II

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 11:04 AM
It's been 2 years since Vol. I so let's get Vol. II out this year!!! Vol. I had over 300 stories, I think we can add 200 at least to Vol. II. If you story was not in Vol. I, it will be in this edition.

To submit your cherub's story and photo, please e-mail them membership@cherubs-cdh.org with Cherub's Story in the subject line.

Please submit them by typing directly onto the e-mail or with a MS Word document or text file attachment. Photos need to be in jpg, png or bmp format. If you would like to update your cherub's story, you can send that too - please just make sure to note if it's in Vol. I or your story will be in Vol. II.

These books are not only for us, family and friends but we would really, really, really (seriously - really) like to get you all to donate copies to your cherub's PICU or NICU in honor / memory of your cherub so that new parents can read them as well during their hospital stays (and it won't hurt the doctors and nurses to read them as well!).

PennyCampsey
07-30-2008, 12:13 PM
I want to change Cole's picture but i think the story is ok
where/how do i send the photo so you'll know its for the book
wanna make sure he gets in this one, i want to buy several to pass out.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Just send it to the same address with the same subject line as above. :)

Oh and everyone please also add the following:

Your name
Your cherub's name
Your cherub's date(s)
Your town

Sometimes people send me stories and photos without names and I can't recognize everyone just by e-mail addresses. :)

Corin Nava
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
when do we need the stories in by?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
October 15th

Corin Nava
07-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Good, I have time to make myself write out his story :)

lcreekbaum
07-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Dawn,
I'll get my story and photo of Grayton to you by then. I'm just having trouble looking at the photos of her and, because she wasn't diagnosed in utero, I don't have as many pictures as I'd like to. I just knew we were going to bring her home......I'll get to work on it, though.

Barbara and KevinWagner
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Dawn can we still buy Vol I? I seen it at the ball and would LOVE a copy!!

Barb

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Barb, yes, it's on Cafepress, we won't take it down

Leigh, you have a few months, take your time with the photos, I know it's hard. It took me a year before I could look at Shane's photos so I totally understand.

KimberlySwitzer
07-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Dawn, I know I sent in Ashers story and picture as it was in a newsletter but do you want me to re-submit them?

Donna Easley
07-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Dawn,
I had sent Alex's story a while back, do I need to resend that?

TaniaSmythe
07-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Dawn, i sent Jacob's story and photo a few months back. Could you let me know if you got it ok. Thanks

KarlaHolt
07-30-2008, 07:26 PM
I will send Braden's story and picture. I'll get to work...

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Just to be on safe side, yes, please send it again. Thanks! :)

StephanieOlivarez
07-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Do you have Shelby's story?
I know I sent it and I hope you still have it...becasue it took me a long time to write it between the tears.

KimberlySwitzer
07-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Ok I just re-sent you Ashers story and picture!!

FernandaArce
08-01-2008, 03:53 PM
I will write Juan Pablo's story and sent it with his pic. :)

When it's available, where can I buy a copy?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Just posted this on Myspace and Facebook and now here too. :)

Last chance to submit CDH stories for "Stories of Cherubs"!

I'm putting together "Stories of Cherubs" Vol. II this week (it will go on sale by November 1st) and after Thursday I will not be adding more stories so please get those in! This book is to help raise awareness and funding for Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and will be in PICU's around the world. Our last book included over 300 stories of families affected by CDH, we hope to include at least 200 in this book.

Please send your stories to membership@cherubs-cdh.org and make sure to include the following:

1. Your name
2. Your cherub's name
3. Your cherub's date(s)
4. Your state / country
5. Your story
6. A photograph

Thanks everyone!
Dawn

CHERUBS - http://www.cdhsupport.org