PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Picnic

karahess
08-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Hey gang - the Ohio picnic is coming up this weekend! Hurray!!!!!!

We need to try to get a feel for who is bringing what and get a final count of who is coming. If you're coming, please tell us who all is attending in your group and tell us what you plan on bringing to share. I'll start . . . .

Kara, Chuck, Aaron and Adam Hess - wee are bringing a marinated veggie salad and an oriental pasta salad (soy sauce base).

Your turn!

Corin Nava
08-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Corin, Nate, Makayla, and Seth

We are bringing juice boxes and condiments

StephanieOlivarez
08-19-2008, 06:38 PM
The Olivarez Clan.....
Shane, Stephanie, Lexi, Morgan, Taylor and Shelby Grace.

We are bringing peach cobler..........
WHAT else can we help with????
We are willing to help with ANYTHING!!!!!

Janice and JasonKennedy
08-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately, the Kennedy clan will be unable to attend this year. Have a great time, everyone! We will miss seeing you all again.

Damon andSharonknott
08-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Have a great time you guys!!

Can't wait to see all the pics.
BTW Janice LOVE the pic
xx

Barbara and KevinWagner
08-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Only a few more days!!! YEAH!

Barb and Sean.......bringing Strawberry Spinach Salad. Let me know if u need anything else Tara!

sarah.deskins
08-20-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm makin chicken and noodles or spaghetti...not sure yet.

I'm bringing myself, my mom Barb, and my brother Bryon's family. (heather, jordan, and bryonna) and probably a collage of Jeremiah's pictures.

AmyMiles
08-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Steve and Amy.
Bringing bubbles and I have no idea what type of food yet!

TaraHall
08-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Janice, we will miss you guys!!

sarah.deskins
08-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Haha! I'm sorry that just made me chuckle Amy.

It's hard to keep feeling stressed when someone says "Bringin Bubbles". Who can be upset with Bubbles?

TaraHall
08-21-2008, 03:36 PM
bubbles do make you smile don't they?

karahess
08-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Especially in champagne!

TaraHall
08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
ROFL Kara. Oh I am planning on bring potato casserole

StephanieOlivarez
08-22-2008, 11:54 AM
The Olivarez Clan is on the way!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!
I have two trays of peach cobbler. Yum yum yum

Janice-you will be missed. I have to tell you I love your picture!!

Janice and JasonKennedy
08-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Thank you Sharon and Stephanie for the compliments on the picture! Tara and everyone-we will miss you guys, too!

sarah.deskins
08-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Just got done shopping. Ive got the potatoe sald and baked beans and a whole bunch of drinks. Speaking of champagne I'm about to have my own party tonight but I'll make sure I'm bushy tailed enough to see you all in the morning.

AmyMiles
08-22-2008, 06:50 PM
We are bringing taco salad!

Barbara and KevinWagner
08-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Amy can not wait to see u and Steve!!! Hurry and get here darn it! LOL

Barb

Damon andSharonknott
08-23-2008, 03:13 AM
Have a great time everyone :)

KateC
08-23-2008, 09:40 AM
HAVE FUN TODAY!!!! Hope the weather is BEEE-A-U-TIFUL!!

Love to you all!

Donna Easley
08-23-2008, 09:45 AM
We want lots of pictures. Have fun!!

StephanieOlivarez
08-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Posted some pictures......
The picnic was wonderful!!!
Meeting new members and seeing one's I have met.....PRICELESS!!!!
YOu know I cried a lot!!!! lol

It was a week-end I will treasure in my heart always.

We have another 45 minutes until we get home and our girls are SOOOOOO tired and cranky!!!!! lol

TaraHall
08-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Thank you all SO much. It was a beautiful weekend, albeit very hot today at the zoo. I am exhausted but so happy. You all make the best memories. I have tears just thinking about it. Corin and Nate just left to go back to the hotel. All the kids were fantastic all weekend. Aaron and Taylor were just so darn cute together. Brandon and Lexi hit it off too. Dr. Groner has already sent me a sneak peak of some of his pictures. This is Brandon's surgeon, he came to the picnic with his CHERUBS shirt on and took some fabulous pictures that he will send to me for me to send to everyone. He is awesome.

Ok I am off to bed. Barb has made it home, Steph let me know when you get in. Thank you all again for a wonderful weekend it was so good seeing you all again and meeting Sarah for the first time!

Oh my sister is back in the hospital again. They are doing another cath. I'll keep you posted.

Hugs

Kim Schultz
08-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Thank you everyone! Owen and I had a great time as always. We were both very tired when we got home. It was nice to see everyone and the kids were so great. We did get to drive through a lovely hail storm on the way home...Owen slept through it. Once I get my pics on the computer, I will post some.

Kim (and Owen)

karahess
08-25-2008, 09:33 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2568rp2.jpg

Corin and Steph
http://i37.tinypic.com/1231e84.jpg

Kara and Adam
http://i33.tinypic.com/xqbdbr.jpg

Sarah, Ayla, Corin, Steph, Shelby
http://i33.tinypic.com/288pa2e.jpg

Sarah, Kim, Adam
http://i33.tinypic.com/jt8faq.jpg

Shelby pushing Adam around in the stroller!
http://i36.tinypic.com/2liwq55.jpg

Adam didn't want to wear pants at the picnic!
http://i37.tinypic.com/2d0039t.jpg

Tara "Believes in Cher"!!!! Ha ha!!!
http://i34.tinypic.com/4exbk.jpg

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
LOVE all the photos!!!!! So sorry I missed you all, but sounds like it was quite a weekend!!! Tara, once again, you did an amazing job with the picnic - you totally rock!!! :D

DanielleKessner
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Love the photos - what a great set up you have there every year. Glad you all had a wonderful time!

PennyCampsey
08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
love all the photos !
what a great time, and the FOOD looks delicious!
sounds like there are some sparks flying ... between the kiddies, in a few years, we';ll really have to supervise. LOL

Damon andSharonknott
08-25-2008, 09:20 PM
LOVE the pics!!! LOL with the pic of Shelby pushing Adam..

Corin Nava
08-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Tara-thank you for hosting the picnic! It was wonderful! I had such an amazing time all weekend long. Lots of wonderful memories!

Kim- Owen was so cute, and your scrapbook of Madison was absolutely beautiful.

Sarah-it was great to finally be able to put a face with the name! I loved seeing all of Jeremiah's pictures too. Next year I will have to bring some of Gabe to share.

Amy, Kara, Steph, Barb- I loved being able to see you all again! You are all such amazing women!

(sorry if I missed anyone-I just got home from a very long drive :) ) I really hope we will be able to make it out there to see you all again next year!

PennyCampsey
08-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Shaz.. great photo !!! as your avatar!
corin, glad you made it home safely, my photo CD is on it's way to you

sarah.deskins
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Had a great time, nice to finally start meeting you all. Next year, I will look much better in a white tank top :shock:

StephanieOlivarez
08-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Sarah--you looked just fine!!!!

Corin--happy you are home SAFE!!!

Love the pictures Kara!!!!

Shaz--your new avatar is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

TARA---We we enjoyed SOOO much!!! You are a fantastic hostess.
Can't wait until next year.
Will wait for YOU ALL to come to Indiana!!!!

Kim---enjoyed meeting you very much. Will get you how to post pictures!!

Miss you all already too and am looking forward to the next CHERUBS get-together!!!
Hint...Hint...INDIANA!!!!!!!!!

Donna Easley
08-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Great pics, love them all. You all looked like you had a great time.

sarah.deskins
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Stephanie- I took several pics of Shelby and Bree dumping water on each other by the fountain, can't wait to show you all!

karahess
08-28-2008, 06:23 AM
As soon as I can find the time, I have a ton more pics to post, too.

StephanieOlivarez
09-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!
Sarah--Shelby has sooo much fun playing with Bree!! Post the pictures ASAP!!!!lol

TaraHall
09-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I had a great time with all of you. Thank you so much Nice picture of my roots Kara LOL That is too funny about the "CHER"

Sarah, you looked great! I really enjoyed meeting you.

Ok guys need prayers. We leave for FL on Friday but there seems to be a bit of a storm brewing "Ike" looks to be a problem and the possibly Joseph right behind it. I know some of you are in danger of Hannah so prayers for you.

karahess
09-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Where's your sense of adventure, Tara? Come on, girl, be a storm trooper! It's fun, especially if it's just you and your honey stuck in the storm with a game of scrabble and a bottle of rum. :whistle:

karahess
09-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Aaron Hess and Taylor Olivarez

http://i33.tinypic.com/pw1hw.jpg

This one is a favorite of mine! So good, Steph!

http://i37.tinypic.com/flljsj.jpg

Kara and Adam taking a swim in Columbus.

http://i34.tinypic.com/qqqwiq.jpg

Sending bubbles to heaven!

http://i35.tinypic.com/2py3kw4.jpg

Corin and Aaron celebrating their birthdays.

http://i36.tinypic.com/nl7ic7.jpg

The CDH kids plus Steph.

http://i37.tinypic.com/51zzsx.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/sfwcie.jpg

TaraHall
09-02-2008, 08:18 AM
My sense of adventure does not involve anything with winds over 80 mph and torrential rain LOL. I will take the hubby and the rum but unfortunately we will have both boys one of which will be freaking out and stressing whether we will be able to go to Disney/Universal (already started) let alone survive! Heaven help me.

Great pics Kara. That last one is really good. That is the Keeton family (Cody) with Dr. Groner and us. Dr. Groner also operated on Cody.

Chris and TracyMeats
09-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Great pictures Kara - it looks like everybody had a lot of fun!!

karahess
09-02-2008, 02:09 PM
You can do this, Tara! I've been through 2 highest level tropical storms and one category 1 hurricane while vacationing in Florida and Jamaica. During the tropical storms it wasn't lightening so we enjoyed the swimming pool. Little windy, but you don't notice it when you have rum on your side. For the hurricane . . . . I recommend you take flashlights or emergency backup nighlights with you. Throw in some extra batteries and maybe a little battery operated radio. Pack lots of board games, magazines, battery operated DVD player, etc. Have protein snacks on hand as well as rum. Make up an oil/vinegar based pasta dish so you have something to eat that won't spoil. Make sure you have some rum on hand, too. Oh and totally make sure you have wet wipes with you in case you lose water. Finally, in order to survive a hurricane make sure you have rum : )

StephanieOlivarez
09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
TARA--HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Kara--did the rum really help?????? You are making me laugh!!!!!!
Do you really think they will need rum???
Hey Kara--do you think they will need rum?????
Rum???Kara?????

TARA--don't forget the rum!!!!lol

TaraHall
09-03-2008, 09:01 PM
OMG Kara you are cracking me up. My mom is coming up on Sat so thre will be vodka yuck. Now on top of regular stuff to pack I need all this extra . Eveyone else is probably leaving FL and we are heading down there. We are nuts. Ok gotta go pack the rum :)

StephanieOlivarez
09-03-2008, 10:01 PM
TARA---HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!
Shane wants JEFF to know if in-need...call a friend indeed!!!
Was told what to type.
You will have a GREAT time. BE SAFE!

karahess
09-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Tara just remember the words from the Adventurer's Club at Disney's Pleasure Island.

“Marching Along
We’re Adventurers.
Singing the Song
Of Adventurers.
Up or Down,
North, South,
East or West
An Adventurer’s Life is best.
An Adventurer’s Life is best!”

As you sing/say the words be sure to do the Salute as described below!

Raise your right hand.

Place the heel of your hand, with fingers facing away from the body, just above your navel.

Make a few fishy waves wiggle movements back and forth with your hand.

Lift up your hand as if you were going to take a shot of alcohol.

Continue the movement higher so your right hand is raised high in the air.

Shout “Kungaloosh!”

“Kungaloosh” is an “all purpose” word like “Aloha”. It means “Hello”, “Goodbye” or “Kiss me quick before the lava flow engulfs us.”

katrinaenglish
09-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Sounds like you all had fun. I would love to try to make it next year. You meet in Columbus, right? That's only about an hour and a half from us.

karahess
09-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes, we meet in the Columbus area at Homestead Park in Hilliard.

Where are you located Katrina?

katrinaenglish
09-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm in Middletown, Ohio. It's halfway between Cincinnati and Dayton.

TaraHall
09-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Yes Katie, you have to come! We have a great time. Glad to hear Henry is doing well!

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Tara does such an awesome job with this picnic...I think that she should do 2 of them!! LOL Just kidding Tara!! I can not wait till next years! I am so sorry that I have missed the last 8 years! 8-(

Corin Nava
09-07-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm already thinking of ways to try and sneak out to Ohio again next year.... :)

PennyCampsey
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR
as long as it's not the weekend school starts!

karahess
09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm already wishing I had the date of next year's picnic so I can mark it in my calendar! Hint, Hint, Tara!!

PennyCampsey
09-07-2008, 08:58 PM
OH YEAH .. good idea KARA
WELL, Tara is in FLORIDA .. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
let us know Tara! ! ! ! !hint hint ealier in aug....

StephanieOlivarez
09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
TARA--
I HOPE you all are having a FANTASTIC time!!!
YEAH--hint...hint..give up the date girl--so we can all start planning.

TaraHall
09-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Alright already. Just got back today. I will call on Monday! You can book a year in advance. Start throwing out some dates guys, give me ideas that work for you.

Damon andSharonknott
09-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Welcome back Tara! You have been missed.

Hope you and the family had fun in florida.
xx

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-12-2008, 09:54 PM
We all vote for next weekend Tara! lol jUST KIDDING!

karahess
09-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey wait a minute, Barb - I'll be on an island next weekend and on vacation the weekend after that. Make it the first weekend in October 2008 - yeah, so like in 3 weeks will be good!

For real, I vote for August 15, 2009! That'll give those with school kids the opportunity to still be able to attend.

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
oh just rub it in Kara!! Go ahead! Geez! lol I hope that you guys have a great time!

Wasn't the picnic usually around that weekend Tara (Aug 15th)?

karahess
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Don't get too excited, Barb, we're only going to Kelley's Island in Lake Erie. No tropical excursions this time.

PennyCampsey
09-14-2008, 08:46 PM
the 15th should be ok for the campsey's to come ! !

StephanieOlivarez
09-15-2008, 12:11 PM
TARA--
HOW WAS YOU TRIP?????

I don't care when the picnic--The Olivarez Clan will be there on whatever date works for you Tara!!!!!!!!
We had way to much fun and will not miss it for the world!!!!!!

REMEMBER--if you all want a get-together before next year....INDIANA is a GREAT STATE!!!!!!
I promise we will have fun!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

TaraHall
09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Trip was great. We dodged hurricane Ike in FL only to have it hit Ohio on Sat with wind gusts of 73 mph. We have had no phone or internet so trying to get caught up. Thankfully we had electricity thru it all. My sisters is still out.

I will check on Aug 15th.!

StephanieOlivarez
09-17-2008, 07:52 AM
That's good the trip was great.
So I am taking it that you have phone and internet now???
Having no electricity does really stink.
We lost ours for awhile on Saturday evening.

How is your sister doing?
When does she think her electricity will be restored?

Do you guys have a lot of flooding damamge there?????

Happy your back SAFE!!!!! Isn't it funny to come back and deal with Ike in Ohio?

This weather is sure strange!!!!!
Hugs

Corin Nava
09-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Tara-good to hear that your trip went well and that you are home safely!

TaraHall
09-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys! No Steph, there is no flooding. We had no rain at all just severe wind damage. Columbus schools are out again tomorrow. That will be four days. I don't know what they are going to do if we have a bad winter and need more calamity days.

I haven't talked to my sister so not sure what is going on. I will try her in a bit.

GerryFreed
08-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Anything Going On in OHIO yet thi year in 2009 ??

We would LOVE to meet some of the other CDH Families in Ohio !!

sarah.deskins
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Gerry- I am so sorry we missed you! I will add you to my Ohio list so we can make sure you get info for next year. We don't have many Ohio members who are active so it would be great for you to come in 2010. I have a car show in September every year in Central Ohio that benefits CHERUBS and CDH awareness in Jeremiah's memory, thats another Ohio event you could attend.

Several months ago you had submitted your families story to me by email and i replied to that address asking consent to put it on the Ohio CHERUBS webpage. Are you willing to be posted?