PDA

View Full Version : CDH & Beauty Pageants

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-31-2008, 09:04 AM
We had several beauty queens at our events last month and all of them have been really touched by meeting families from here. Kara, Wendy and Jacquetta keep talking about how Chuck explained CDH to them and he did a great job because they both really get it! :)

Wendy is a friend of mine and she's Mrs. Capitol City (Raleigh). She's in a pageant this weekend (for what... I forgot, sorry) but she has completely changed her pageant platform (ya know.. the "I wish for world peace" most participates say)..... to Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness! :D Everyone at the pageant will get a dose of what CDH is!!!! I'll be there next weekend to cheer her on and will let you all know how it goes.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-31-2008, 09:22 AM
And congrats to Lily Golding! http://cdhsupport.org/members/viewtopic.php?t=2210&highlight=

And Shelby Olivarez is also holds a title!

karahess
08-31-2008, 01:26 PM
That's my honey - he's great at talking and getting a point across!

We really enjoyed chatting to Jacquetta and Wendy and telling them all about CDH. It was so cute to see the lightbulbs come on in their heads.

Dawn, please tell Wendy the following from me and Chuck. Wendy, wishing you all the best this coming weekend as you compete! Thank you for helping us raise awareness!

DanielleGolding
08-31-2008, 05:11 PM
That's fantastic Dawn!!! Tell Wendy thanks and good-luck!

Corin Nava
08-31-2008, 07:33 PM
That is so wonderful! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Damon andSharonknott
08-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Good luck Wendy!!