PDA

View Full Version : Idea for comfort item for expectant Cherub parents

LynneB
09-04-2008, 10:44 AM
At my church we have a group of women who knit shawls called "prayer shawls". They are for people going through treatment for diseases such as cancer ect. or any difficult times health related or otherwise. Right now they are knitting them for area families who have recently lost soldiers. They pray over each chain as they crochet with the person or family in mind that they are crocheting for. The idea is to have something tangible to "wrap" themselves in to feel the comfort of God and others in troubled times. I was talking with my friend who leads the group. She is familiar with Cherubs through me and she is interested in crocheting prayer shawls for expectant Cherub families. Since we do not have a large number of expectant families at once this would be a good place to start and maybe then add families who have lost Cherubs. I will help with the postage cost to the families. This would be something the moms could use during pregnancy like a hug from us at Cherubs too. Something to take to the hospital maybe. I don't know who I have to ask for permission to do this, but I wanted to know if anyone thinks it is a good idea? I guess if expectant parents would like one, they can pm their address to me or have Dawn send it? I would like to get this started ASAP if I can and if this is acceptable. Thanks ~ Lynne

LynneB
09-04-2008, 11:08 AM
I guess i should have clarified what they look like. They are like little afghans. Almost small enough for a baby blanket. A great keepsake, something to comfort parents later too!

Corin Nava
09-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Lynne-I think that is a wonderful idea!

Chris and TracyMeats
09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Lynne - I think the "prayer shawls" are a great idea. A keepsake for sure in the years to come.

DeborahThompson
09-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Lynne-I also think they would be a great idea. What a great keepsake!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
09-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I love it, Lynne! Maybe you and Barb can team up and have a shawl / blanket committee. I can send addresses for you to mail them to. LOVE IT!

PennyCampsey
09-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Excellent idea !!!!!!!!!

Damon andSharonknott
09-04-2008, 11:15 PM
BRILLIANT IDEA!!!

LynneB
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Great!As soon as Barb is up to it I will get names and addy's from her so the group can get started.

FernandaArce
09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
I love the idea!

StephanieOlivarez
09-05-2008, 12:31 PM
FANTASTIC IDEA LYNNE!!!!!!
It will be such a comfort to parents.

sarah.deskins
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Thats a neat idea Lynn! i know i would have used one!

LynneB
09-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I am just waiting for Barb to up and running again and will get the names and addy's to my friend's group. They are excited as well.