PDA

View Full Version : Cakes, Cookies, Candy Recipes

Corin Nava
09-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Alright everyone- I am in charge of the cakes, cookies, and candies recipes! Please email them to Chefrinny@gmail.com or cnava@cherubs-cdh.org with Cookbook recipe in the subject line. I look forward to getting some GREAT recipes!!!

Bethany Gillham
09-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I sent you mine, Corin.

Corin Nava
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
thanks Bethany!

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Corin just checking in.....how r u coming with recipes? getting lots?
I am typing lots of them up for u myself!

Who else has some great recipes for Cakes, Cookies and canies???

Barb

Corin Nava
09-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I've only gotten a couple so far from Tracy and Bethany.... come on everyone I need more!!!!

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
aww man! hoping that u get a ton more!

Damon andSharonknott
09-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Corin,
Chels has a couple of receipes to send you, I will email them this arvo.
Shaz xx

Corin Nava
09-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks Shaz. You know, I have still yet to go though all MY recipes, lol

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
I can not wait to see some of your recipes Corin!! So can you included how to decorate the cakes?! LOL

Corin Nava
09-30-2008, 09:57 PM
lol-I could probably make an entire book of just my pastry recipes and tutorials!

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Woohoo! Count me in on that one!! Just what I need huh?!! ROFL

Corin Nava
09-30-2008, 10:19 PM
lol. Did you see my new ticker! Thats to inspire me to stop eating the cake and start my diet! Of course I'm a week into it and I made Key Lime truffles tonight (experiment that came out really good).... yup I must have eaten half of them! I'm sending the rest with Nate to work tomorrow to get them out of the house!

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I did see your ticker and it encouraged me!! Doesn't it figure that an experimental recipe turns out good when u finally set your goals?!?! Grrr!! And I am cracking up that you are sending them with Nate to work!! ROFL

Corin Nava
09-30-2008, 10:27 PM
I know-its bad. I'm sending truffles (made with SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK) to work with Nate (a DIABETIC) at a DIABETES CLINIC!!!! There is just something so wrong about that! lol

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh Corin you crack me up!! Kev is sitting here thinking that I have FINALLY lost my mind cuz I am laughing so hard!!

Damon andSharonknott
09-30-2008, 10:58 PM
dont crack a rib Barb xx

Barbara and KevinWagner
09-30-2008, 11:02 PM
LOL Shaz!! Ribs are doing good so I can laugh now! Hehehe

JeanneNava
10-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey Corin, If you have any left you can always send them to my house!LOL I won't eat them...well maybe one or two. I know a lot of people who would be very happy to taste test them for you!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Key lime truffles? Oh, I want that recipe!

We have got to find a way to mail those truffles this year so I can order some.

I'm getting a ton of recipes next week from family and will send those in! I don't cook much so I have to dig up some new recipes to send in but I will get those in.

Bethany Gillham
10-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Caramel Apple Cake

Cake
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 1/3 cups)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
Topping
2/3 cup fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz container)
1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
Caramel topping, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 1-quart heavy saucepan, cook butter, whipping cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until butter is melted. Pour into 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans; top with sliced apples.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and apple pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Carefully spoon batter over apple mixture.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pan. Place heatproof serving platter upside down on pan; carefully turn platter and pan over. Let pan remain over cake about 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over cake. Remove pan.
4. In small bowl, mix frosting and whipped topping. Serve warm cake topped with frosting mixture and drizzled with caramel topping.

Strawberry Margarita Cake

3/4 cup bottled strawberry-flavored nonalcoholic margarita drink mix
1 box white cake mix
Vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
1 tablespoon grated lime peel
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Strawberries, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease (or lightly spray with cooking spray) bottom only of 13x9-inch pan. Add enough water to drink mix to measure 1 1/4 cups.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, drink mix, oil and egg whites on low speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan. Bake and cool and directed on box.
3. Gently stir lime peel into whipped topping; spread over top of cake. Garnish with strawberries. Store covered in refrigerator.

Submitted by Bethany Gillham in memory of Jack Ryan Gillham