PDA

View Full Version : A Walk to Remember

AmyMiles
10-04-2008, 08:17 PM
We walked in memory of Faith today. Steve and I wore our CDH/CHERUBS shirts to raise awareness. It was a great day. You can read our detailed post on carepages.com the page name is faithgracecdh

My attempt to post pictures is below. I also uploaded some in the albums.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn170/faithmilescdh/DSC01752-1.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn170/faithmilescdh/DSC01747.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn170/faithmilescdh/DSC01753.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn170/faithmilescdh/DSC01767.jpg

AmyMiles
10-04-2008, 08:20 PM
The top picture is of a blanket we donated to local hospitals in memory of Faith. It will go to bereaved parents.

Then a pic from the blood drive.

Then Faith's balloon showing CDH Support!

Then a picture of Faith's balloons plus one for Drake. They were due two days apart. Drake decided to come early. Then they flew to Heaven a day apart.

Corin Nava
10-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Amy- you are amazing! Faith is so proud of her mommy for all that you do in her memory, and the memory of other babies.

How did the blood drive go? Was it a success?

AmyMiles
10-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes it was a huge success! 25 people signed up and 20 pints of blood were drawn! That can help up to 60 people:) Sadly I was deferred becuase of a sinus infection. I hope that my baby forgives me!

They want to do three more drives next year!

Chris and TracyMeats
10-04-2008, 08:30 PM
So happy to hear that the blood drive was a success!!! Thanks for sharing the pics--you and Steve are great parents. Everything you have done these past few months in Faith's memory is awesome--I am sure she is very proud of you.

DanielleGolding
10-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Amy - thanks for sharing, the pictures are great! I'm sure Faith is so very proud of her mum & dad! You guys are truly inspirational! Much love to you Amy, Dani xxxx

KimberlySwitzer
10-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Amy thanks for sharing the pics with us!! I know Faith is so proud of you both!!

StephanieOlivarez
10-05-2008, 08:11 PM
What wonderful pictures!!!
It sounds like a great day!!!
What a great Mommy and Daddy Faith has.
She smiles at you all the time!!!
The love you show Amy--is amazing.

How wonderful that the blood drive was such a success.

You show your true strength in all you do Amy.
God bless you always.
So happy to be able to share in all you do. THANKS.

LynneB
10-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Amy ~ Big atta girl to you! Sounds like things went great. I think it is wonderful that you included Drake. You and Steve are shining examples of what we all should be. Talking the talk and walking the walk. You make me want to be a better person. I admire your strength so much.

Corin Nava
10-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Amy-so happy the blood drive was a success! I know Faith loves you and Steve and is so proud of all you do! Just look at all the people Faith has touched through you-amazing!

katrinaenglish
10-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Great pictures, Amy! Sounds like things went well.
Of course Faith is proud of you and Steve. She was very blessed to have the two of you for her mommy and daddy!

KateC
10-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Amy - you are the best Mom in the world. Our Fath is so proud of her Mommy :) You do so many wonderful things for Faith. You should be so proud of yourself. I am sure she smiles down on you and Steve each time :)

How special you did a balloon for Drake, I am sure Christy loved that :) Losing both of our angels so close was so hard on so many of us. I know I cried for days. We will never forget our Faith and our Drake ;)

KimberlyRichards
10-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Amy, Was that the Walk to Remember at UM? I 've been the last 4yrs!
This year I've had so much going on, I missed it! I wish I had been able to go this year!

DeborahThompson
10-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Kimberly, the walk at U of M is this weekend-10/18. I'm going, as well as Amaiya's mom and dad. Our group keeps getting bigger!
I made copies of Amaiya's CDH ribbon on 4 x 6 photo paper and attached a lanyard to wear around our necks-(Thanks Barb for that idea!) We will also release balloons.

LynneB
10-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Hope all goes well Deb. Good to see you back on line.

ChristyMichel
10-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Amy,
You truely are amazing. If it wasnt for our talks sometimes I think i would go crazy.
I love that you included Drake. The pics you sent had me in tears. You are truely Drakes " Godmother".
Thank You Amy !!!!!!

DeborahThompson
10-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Our family walked/planted a tree in memory of Amaiya yesterday. We met Amy and her husband Steve. My family thought that was so cool! We even ran into two other families we know but did not know they had a loss of an infant. The ceremony was uplifting, the walk to the site was beautiful. I have pictures, I just can't figure out how to post them. My computer guy (my son) just left to go to Cedar Point for the day. As soon as I can I will post my pictures.

DeborahThompson
10-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Our family walked in memory of Amaiya yesterday at U of M. I made necklaces from the CDH ribbon for all of us to wear. We wrote on our pink balloons the Cherubs website address. We met Amy and her husband Steve. My family thought that was really cool. I told them about Faith. I have pictures to post but not sure how to add them. My computer guy (my son) just left to go to Cedar Point for the day. I will get them posted as soon as I can.

DeborahThompson
10-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Our family walked in memory of Amaiya yesterday at U of M. I made necklaces from the CDH ribbon for all of us to wear. We wrote on our pink balloons the Cherubs website address. We met Amy and her husband Steve. My family thought that was really cool. I told them about Faith. I have pictures to post but not sure how to add them. My computer guy (my son) just left to go to Cedar Point for the day. I will get them posted as soon as I can.

DeborahThompson
10-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Sorry about all the posts! I was having computer trouble it kept booting me off! LOL I'm soooo sorry.

DeborahThompson
10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Well, I figured out how to post to my user album. You can view the pics of the walk/planting ceremony there. :D

StephanieOlivarez
10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
The pictures are GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing with us.
What a special day.
Bless you all.

Chris and TracyMeats
10-20-2008, 02:09 PM
The pics are great! What a special day for your family to remember your precious Amaiya. Amaiya's new avatar pic is beautiful--what a precious angel.

LynneB
10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I love the new pics of Amaiya.

DeborahThompson
10-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks ladies! Our angel Amaiya has extended our family. I know she is smiling down on us whenever we all get together. Our group went out to eat after the walk, we had a great time!

LynneB
10-20-2008, 05:27 PM
The Miles family are an extraordinary bunch of folks aren't they?

DeborahThompson
10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, they are. I'm going to help out with the Ronald McDonald House picnic next summer. I don't work in the summer and I live so close. I am also going to make a couple of blankets and donate to the unit. I'm a little afraid to go to the unit again. Saturday was the first time I've been back at the hospital since the day Amaiya passed away, we were all a little teary at first. 'some days are good and other days I'm a mess.

AmyMiles
10-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Deb it was so good to meet you and Amaiya's parents. What a sweet couple. I am so glad you had your lanyards on so that I could ID your family :)

We haven't been back inside the hospital yet, I am sure that it will be hard. Since we had been back for the RMD dinner prior it was a little easier to drive up to the hospital.

We also highjacked Faith's primary nurses and they stayed by our sides durign the program.

Kim- The first pictures are from the walk in Grand Rapids. I will try to put up pics from U of M

KimberlyRichards
10-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Still bummed I missed it. I thought it was the 1st weekend in Oct. But anyways, been busy with work, the kids in school, just can't seem to keep up with everything! Can't wait to see the pic's!!

DeborahThompson
10-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Amy, I'm glad you saw us. I thought since you went to the one in Grand Rapids you wouldn't come to U of M. Please keep me in mind to help next summer with the RMD dinner. I'm going to make a few blankets and take them to the unit before christmas.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Amy, you and Steve are just amazing! You are such an inspiration to all of us and I know that Faith is so proud of you. Sometimes our cherubs make us better people... stronger, braver, kinder..... but I have a feeling you were those things long before Faith and that she inherited all you and Steve's best qualities and she continues on here through you. You truly are amazing.

StephanieOlivarez
10-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I could not agree with you more Dawn.
Your words are so very true.

AmyMiles
10-21-2008, 05:51 PM
I love my CHERUBS family! YOu are all so great. One of the new residents at U of M took photos that day. Here is the link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/win.boon/AnnualWalkToRememberAndTreePlantingMemorial2008?au thkey=UnYRSM4p0-8#5258629482241531314

We were favored a little because we were with Faith's two primary nurses! If you look for the picture of the basket filled with "leaves" you will see Faith's on the top! We made different ones, but the message was so personal I wanted it in my own scrapbook. Not at U of M. See there is a greedy side of me!

:)

StephanieOlivarez
10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Great pictures!!
The one of you and Steve and the nurses is BEAUTIFUL!

LynneB
10-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Amy great pics. You cut your hair! I like it!