PDA

View Full Version : International Doctors Conference

AliciaWood
10-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi- so glad to see that Danielle will be travelling from Oz. It will be so exciting Danielle and for the other members out there- Danielle is an amazing lady who has done so much for the CDH families in Australia and has been the driving force behing Cherubs Australia. She's also great fun and i think the world of her!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if they know of the date/ venue of the International CDH conference that the professionals/ doctors attend. In May 2006 or 7 they held an International conference in Mannheim Germany at a CDH centre and they had guest doctors from around the world presenting. I have the symposium notes from it however, I am trying to find out where the next one will be. Prof Steffan Loff was my contact there and his emails are being returned so any help would be appreciated. I would like an Australian representatives to attend and present their data/ research.

1st time I've posted here. I'll get my photos organised.

Thanks Alicia (mum to Cam 8yrs, Lachlan 12.9.02-16.9.02 & Miss Em 4yr)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi Alicia, they don't have a conference planned for any time soon.

Welcome to our site!!!! :)

DanielleKessner
10-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Hey Alicia - great to see you on here :-) Still no photos up though - went looking, lol.

I am sure Dawn will post as soon as she has word about the next International conference.

It was wonderful (as usual) listening to the Drs in Perth. Dawn, you would so happy to know that one of them (surgeon) mentioned using this site to find more information on the feeding issues these kids have. He wasn't aware of it until Maryanne and Shaz travelled to the states for help. He was surprised to see how common it is. They looked into whether they could 'help' with changes to their surgery. They came to the conclusion that it was not an issue they could help with but wonderful that they asked the questions, looked into and used CHERUBS as a resource. They were very impressed with the site and our group as a whole.

Alicia, do you know if the grad students have used the site at all yet?