PDA

View Full Version : "Private Practice" tv show

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Did anyone else catch this week's episode? The character of Addison operated on a CDH baby - they only said "diaphragmatic hernia" once and didn't elaborate on what it is, but hey, every time it's said in the media is a positive thing! :)

Chris and TracyMeats
10-24-2008, 02:06 PM
I did catch last night's episode of Private Practice! I am a Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice viewer--Chris and I love to set down on watch these two shows.

I was so excited to hear "diaphragmatic hernia" and was so hoping they would have elaborated more somewhere in the show. It is a very positive thing, everytime it is mentioned in the media!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Craig and I were watching it and I drove him nuts yelling at the tv "Come on, EXPLAIN what CDH is!!!" LOL

Chris and TracyMeats
10-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Chris and I did the same thing! LOL

Damon andSharonknott
10-24-2008, 06:30 PM
We watch this show - cant wait until that episode comes down under
x

KarlaHolt
10-24-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't watch this show. Very exciting! My husband watches Sons of Anarchy and one of the characters had a CDH baby. At least that's what my husband told me...I kept watching the episode but I didn't catch more of a reference. I wasn't too happy that they baby was born to a crack addict.

MelissaKelly
10-24-2008, 08:17 PM
It's a congenital heart defect on SoA, not CDH. They don't elaborate, they refer to it as the family weakness.

LaurieB
10-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I saw the episode on Wednesday as well. I too was yelling at the TV and Chris came in the room asking what are you doing?!

DanielleGolding
10-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey Shaz, where has PP gone?? Bloody infuriating, the put shows on for a few weeks and then they are gone!

CindyG
11-14-2008, 06:12 PM
There was a reference last season (I think or the season before...) on Grey's Anatomy too! Somebody associated with both shows must have some experience with it!

DanielleGolding
11-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Yep, I remember that one Cindy!

LaurieB
01-23-2009, 12:38 AM
So they mentioned CDH again on last night's episode. They sort of explained what it is but it wasn't very realistic. Immediatly after the baby was born they wanted to due surgery and asked the parents which procedure they wanted to do. Also when they showed the baby after surgery he wasn't on a vent or anything just wide awake, breathing on his own, looking around. Gotta love hollywood. But at least they kinda explained it his time.

Damon andSharonknott
01-23-2009, 12:46 AM
Hey, thanks for letting us know Laurie!
New season hasnt start down under yet.. will look our for it.
hugs
x

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Laurie, do you remember what procedures they were offering the parents?

I can't believe I missed it!!!

LynneB
01-23-2009, 10:34 AM
I am going to try to go to the ABC wbesite and see if they show old episodes on line like NBC does.

Barbara and KevinWagner
01-23-2009, 10:40 AM
I, too, watched this last night. I was happy that CDH was mentioned again but (darn it!) as much as this show and Grey's have "mentioned" CDH they should have already explained it! LOL I was frustrated with the unrealistic way they did this last night as well.

The choice of surgeries was one that would fix it and one that would temp fix but require more surgery in the future.

Keith and LynetteMoloney
01-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I too, watched the show and dropped everything I was doing when I heard Diaphragmatic Hernia. I was also very unhappy with how unrealistic it was. The baby had a simple op. and all was good. But then again we aren't watching a true medical show, it's a soap opera basically. They were more geared towards the adoption and Adisons "Kiss". It's a positive thing that its out there.....

LynneB
01-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Well, its publicity just the same! As nurse and even more as a paramedic, I get so mad at most medical dramas anyway!

LaurieB
01-23-2009, 07:01 PM
They didn't say the names of the procedures, they just said that one is more "temporary" i think is the word they used saying that as the child grows it could happen again or there was a more "aggressive" procedure that was more risky. I forgot to mention that at the end when the baby was awake he didn't have an incision or anything.

joannamonteiro
01-24-2009, 04:32 PM
I missed it but heard about it... I could not believe it I had never heard about CDH until Gabby was diagnosed and now there it is. Its great but I did hear it was unrealistic. But some publicity is better than none!

DeannaShoemaker
01-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Publicity was the only good thing about this show....it was extremly unrealistic!!!

KarenMyers
01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
They did surgery and the baby didn't even have a fake tummy scar. Hollywood dissapoints once again. Same thing happened on Greys Anatomy, it was made to be that CDH was no big deal and if they operate right away everything would be okay. To make it worse I went to school with Audra Mcdonald (Naomi) as well as Sharon Leal the new character dating Naomi's ex. We actually use to dance together at our performing arts school in Cali. If only I had a way to contact them... :(

FernandaArce
01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I watched it online since we are 1 season behind you guys. I think it was unrealistic but at least they mentioned it.

Do you guys have the season and chapter on wich Grey's Anatomy mention CDH as well? I will search for it online so I can watch it. Thanks :)

01-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Thats kinda unnerving.....it's publicity but the entire wrong kind. Its that "happy -go- lucky- everything- works- out- in- the- end- of the 27.5 minutes-no- big- deal" type