PDA

View Full Version : Salem Trip-who's interested?

Corin Nava
01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I know some people had expressed interest in a Salem, MA trip in October 2009. I have looked into it a bit and it looks like they take reservations for the attractions a year in advance b/c October is such a busy month for Salem.

I need to know who would be interested in coming, how many they would be bringing, and if there are any specific attractions you would be interested in seeing. I am thinking for dates either the weekend of October24-25th or November 7-8th. I know Halloween weekend would be too busy in Salem to go. November would probably be a little less chaotic up there, but their will probably be more attractions in October...

Any input?

Here are some links to check out attractions:

www.salem.org
www.salemhistoricaltours.com
www.hauntedhappenings.org
www.witchhistorymuseum.com
www.piratemuseum.com
www.salemstrolls.com
www.7gables.org
www.salemwaxmuseum.com
www.salemwitchmuseum.com
www.salemwitchvillage.net
www.witchdungeon.com

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I want to come, I'm going to try hard to come but with the Angel Ball on October 30th I'm not sure what I can juggle. November would be easier but then, Salem at Halloween would be pretty interesting. But I want to come!

Damon andSharonknott
01-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Corin, thanks for posting the links - Chels said "sic" (cool)

We would love to come... maybe one year..
xx

Barbara and KevinWagner
01-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Corin I am in for the Salem trip! Will Nov be better for you? I am open to any of the dates and attractions! 8-)

Damon andSharonknott
01-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I cant wait to hear the stories from this trip - do ya think anyone will come say hi to you Barb????

Corin Nava
01-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Dawn- I would LOVE for you to come! Come on...you could come and enjoy a VACATION!!!

Shaz-I can't wait till the day we meet! I KNOW we will meet one day soon, even if I have to mail myself there :)

Barb- I am leaning towards the November dates b/c I think it will probably be a little less chaotic in Salem.

As soon as I find out how many are interested I'm going to start calling for reservations!

StephanieOlivarez
01-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Me..me...me....
November would work better than October.
BUT--whatever works for you Corin--I will do my best to be there!!!

What's going on in Feb?????? I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
I wish it was NOW--I can hardly wait.

KellyVanBrocklin
01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Sounds like fun!

AmyMiles
01-09-2009, 08:43 PM
If I don't go back to work I was thinking about going to the ball or maybe the Salem trip...though I am a big wuss when it comes to creepy things.

Where are you all meeting in Feb?

Barbara and KevinWagner
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Amy We are meeting in Indiana!

AmyMiles
01-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Where in Indiana?

Barbara and KevinWagner
01-09-2009, 08:55 PM
I sent u a PM it is Rochester.

StephanieOlivarez
01-09-2009, 08:58 PM
We are meeting at my house!!!!
Oh Amy it would be great if you could come and we can celebrate your Birthday!!!!
Do let us know if it works for you.

AmyMiles
01-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Steph

I am seriously thinking about it. Carrie Baker is having her baby on the 17th!

I never got to update you that their baby's defects have been healed...a miracle...they are set to have a healthy baby!

StephanieOlivarez
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I am tearing up as I type this. What a miracle. I am so happy for Carrie.
Please tell her I wish her nothing but the best.

Are you planning on coming for Carrie's baby's birth?

It would be AWESOME if you can come Amy. I would love to see you.

AmyMiles
01-09-2009, 09:19 PM
I wasn't planning on it...but if I can multi-task I may be up for it!

StephanieOlivarez
01-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Great--I hope to see you in Feb!

Corin Nava
01-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Amy-I really hope you come! That would be wonderful!

OK everyone-setting the date for November 7th. I will post more details soon!

If you are interested in coming please let me know so I can figure out how many to plan for!

JenniferBrown
01-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Im in Corin

AmyMiles
01-19-2009, 09:40 AM
As for IN I am looking for hotels. Steve and I usually go away for my birthday anyway so this would be nice. Last year I got to move into the RMD house for my birthday!

Any suggestions on hotels in IN between or near Rochester and Fort Wayne?

Also did you all know that you can book hotels and such through http://www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.aspx and the money goes to CHERUBS! You have to make sure that CHERUBS is your selected charity though.

KateC
01-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Aw pooper scooper Corin! We can't do the Oct 24-25? I was kind of hoping to see Salem all decked out for Halloween, but whatever works best for everyone. It probably will be nutty that weekend, but not so bad in November.

No matter what ~ I'M COMING!!!!!!

AmyMiles
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Pooper scooper...LOL Kate you make me laugh!

KateC
01-20-2009, 07:42 AM
I am curving my curse words. My poor girls do not need to hear it!! They'll be cursing like a sailor. I say pooper scooper instead of the "S" word. It has been working well. I just need something to call Steve now hahaha!!!

karahess
01-20-2009, 08:00 AM
"Oh Sugar" is also another nice substitute for that "S" word.

StephanieOlivarez
01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Amy--I sent you a pm about the hotels.
Please let me know.....
I know we are all hoping it works out for you.

TracyLanders
07-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Corin! You know I want to go..if you need help setting anything up, let me know. I'll do what I can. I can't wait to meet everybody!