PDA

View Full Version : Conference 2009

FernandaArce
01-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Hello, I know it's too soon to ask this, but maybe Dawn have already an idea and that will help me plan my trip because if I buy my plane tickets this early I can buy the cheaper. Anyway. Here are my questions:

1. Are we planning to book a hotel for the conference so all of us stay at the same place?

2. If so, wich hotel and where is it? (Is it near downtown -I know that is more expensive-, near a mall -I will make some shopping ;), near the airport, ect)

3. Are we planning to make 2 days of conference and another day to bond or make another activities (like going to Sea World or going shopping or something like that)?

4. Are we planning to make a formal dinner (So I bring the appropiate clothes ;) )

Anyway, since this is my 1st conference I have a lot of questions. I am so excited!!!!!

Also, I want to know how can I help and if you guys need or want something specific from Mexico.

KateC
01-12-2009, 02:58 PM
hehehe Fer you are so cute :) Is there a SeaWorld down there?!? I may be going with you!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-12-2009, 04:33 PM
We haven't booked a hotel yet (I'm working on it). I'll have that in the next week or two - we have to wait on responses from the hotels, etc. I'm trying to find a nice hotel that give us a good discount and a free conference room if we book enough hotel rooms. I know everyone is on a budget so we're trying to find very affordable rooms.

No formal clothes needed, we're pretty casual (but not TOO casual - I say that because we do need to dress appropriately - nothing too skimpy).

I plan to stay an extra day or two and see some of the sights too.

Ok - who wants to be on the 2009 Conference Committee???? :)

KarlaHolt
01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
I want to be on the committee! I am planning to go from Tuesday to Tuesday 7/21-7/28 (if that is the weekend) since it will be our vacation. I can do that because I'm a teacher and I'm off in the summer. I hope some people will hang around after the conference to do stuff!

I think I have a cousin in TX so may have to visit her too!

Besides, when will I ever get back to Texas?

KimberlySwitzer
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Put me down for the conference committee :) I will help however I can, preferably not calls since Im in Canada. Im planning on sticking around for awhile after the conference too to see some sights and do some shopping etc. since I highly doubt I will ever be there again!

FernandaArce
01-12-2009, 06:04 PM
What does people do on the conference comittee?

Barbara and KevinWagner
01-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Fer, The conference committee helps plan the conference. We help Dawn in whatever way she might need!!

I am so excited that you are coming!! 8-)

FernandaArce
01-12-2009, 07:02 PM
I wonder what can I do to help from here...

I'm so excited too!

Corin Nava
01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I am thinking about doing maybe Thursday to Tuesday.... need to talk to Jen :)

DanielleKessner
01-13-2009, 05:46 AM
We think we will be in Texas for around 5 days. We may go down to Mexico for a day and also might spend a day in Houston. We plan on flying into San Fran, go to my Penpal's (since we were 15) in Wisconsin, down to Texas and back to spend some time in San Fran and surrounds (maybe Lake Tahoe and Reno?) before heading back home. Talk about being all over the country, lol.

Like I have said before, until I am on the plane I won't really believe it. But so far so good.....can't wait!

KarlaHolt
01-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Wow Danielle! Your plans sound great! I know I would be just as excited if I were planning a trip to Australia right now!

JenniferBrown
01-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey Corin soones Ayla feels better we need to get together and talk about this thursday to tuesday sounds good. Im going to be checking how the tickets are going for. Im very excited I can't wait to meet you all. I just praying Adrian can come too.

Corin Nava
01-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Absolutely Jen! I took Ayla to the doctor yesterday. They gave me antibiotics to give her if she doesn't start to get better in the next day or two. I will give you a call this week :)

FernandaArce
01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Great Danielle, what part of Mexico are u planning to visit? If you come to Mexico city I will be more than happy to tour you around!!!!

JenniferBrown
01-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Sounds good Corin

DanielleKessner
01-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Fer, I think Mexico City is too far for us. We were thinking about not too far over the border but I have some security/safety concerns. Not sure we will get to Mexico but when we have thought on it more I will ask some questions. We would have loved for you to take us around Mexico City!

FernandaArce
01-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh that's ok, maybe you can go to Cabo San Lucas, it's in Baja California and it's beautiful!

KimberlySwitzer
01-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Im excited, one of my friends lives in Houston so Im going to see her while Im down there, and then another one lives in a small town in New Mexico about 8 hours away and she is going to have a new baby so Im going to do there and see them :)

FernandaArce
01-13-2009, 07:53 PM
I want to go shopping! I've heard that San marcos outlet has the best offers!

I found this site: http://www.visitsanantonio.com/index.aspx

And here is about San Marcos: http://www.visitsanantonio.com/index.aspx

KimberlySwitzer
01-13-2009, 07:55 PM
I want to go shopping too!! And to the almao and the river walk....and sea world :)

FernandaArce
01-13-2009, 08:10 PM
The River Walk and the River Center Mall are gorgeous, but too expensive. Also North Star Mall, too expensive. I know cuz I've been in San Antonio many times. Sea World is great!

I don't know about La Cantera, my uncle says it's a beautiful place but I don't know about the price. I know that San marcos is what's the cheappest, but it's a bit away from the city.

KimberlySwitzer
01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Yea I imagine the River Walk would be expensive, just by looking at the pictures!

FernandaArce
01-14-2009, 08:46 AM
It's a nice place to go for lunch or dinner, no shopping though :)

joannamonteiro
01-14-2009, 10:55 AM
I would love to go but I am not sure what it goin on at that time! It all depends on the birth of Gabriela. Sounds great would love to meet all of u!

KimberlySwitzer
01-14-2009, 02:08 PM
I was talking to Evan, and convinced him to THINK about coming. He was going to take Haylee for me, but then I mentioned maybe he should come. Not only to see texas but for the conference as well. I told him if he comes and doesnt feel comfortable in the discussions then he could leave and walk around or something, but I think it would be good for him to come... so hopefully he decides to come with me!

AmyMiles
01-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that you can use goodsearch.com for CHERUBS too book travel
go to the shopping part
click on travel
you can book your tickets, hotels, cars all that and CHERUBS will get a % or donation from that company.

FernandaArce
01-19-2009, 06:24 PM
GREAT Amy!

DanielleKessner
01-24-2009, 05:55 AM
I think it's going to be a VERY long 6 months. We talk non-stop about coming to the states and where we will go and what we will do. It seems forever away! We have ruled out Mexico because we don't the the time to visit where we would like. Still haven't decided on what we will do exactly but I guess we have plenty of time!

Dawn, are you planning a group trip to the Alamo as part of the conference? We watched a show on it on TV the other night (History channel) which was very interesting.