PDA

View Full Version : For Grayton's Glory

lcreekbaum
02-10-2009, 12:21 PM
A very good friend of mine is organizing a 5k Run called "For Grayton's Glory" on her Birthday May 9, 2009. All proceeds will benefit CHERUBS. Do any of you have any suggestions/helpful advice for me regarding T Shirts, Sponsor Levels, CDH information, etc?

Thanks!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
LOVE the name, Leigh!!!! :)

Shirts... you can order some with Grayton's ribbon through cafepress. CDH info... take all the info from the site you need and if you need more, let me know! :)

Chris and TracyMeats
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
This is awesome Leigh!! I hope the 5K is a success....Grayton is so proud of her mom. I wish I could help with suggestions/advice, but haven't done much awareness events yet, but there are tons of others who will offer up their help, I am sure.

Corin Nava
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
That is awesome! I'm sure it will be a huge success!

My advice for T-shirts and other products, especially if you need a lot is vistaprint.com Not to take away from cafepress, b/c their products are GREAT, but vistaprint is very inexpensive. For the bowl-a-thon I got the t-shirts for $4.50 each. You can also get stuff like magnets, banners, yard signs, etc... A lot of the time they run specials where you can get stuff for free or very cheap with their promotional email sales they send out. Sign up for their emails and they will start sending you their promotional deals. Let me know if you need help!

I would definitely bring some CHERUBS brochures and maybe get one of the new informational posters Dawn created.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do from afar :) I love helping with fundraisers and awareness events!

KateC
02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Corin is right, Vista print is a great idea to do more personalized shirts. I am meeting with a lady this weekend who is holding a 5k run, I can let you kow what kinds of things she is doing. She was talking about getting a hold of the US field and track something or other to register the run? I will let you know.

Can't wait to hear more about this Leigh!!

lcreekbaum
02-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Corin and Tracy - thanks for the well wishes!

Corin - where is the info on the new posters? Also, i'm glad you suggested someone other than CafePress because I ordered 8 t-shirts to give as Christmas gifts and I was so disappointed in the quality of the screen print (especially for the price!) Did you make your own screen print or did Vistaprint do it for you?

Thanks again, girls.
Leigh

lcreekbaum
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
kate,
Yes, a friend of mine who does many marathons put the run on active.com for other runners to view.

please let me know what you hear from the girl this weekend.

KateC
02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
sure will ;)

Damon andSharonknott
02-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Leigh, Brilliant ) I know it will be a HUGE success!

KarlaHolt
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Great! I would enter the 5K if I lived closer! I haven't done a 5K since 2002 and I want to do one soon! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Kath Murphy
02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Leigh

What a great idea. Wishing all the best of luck with it.

xx

Corin Nava
02-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Leigh- The poster is on cafepress:

http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs.353438020

I have found vistaprint very good to work with, although it does take a couple of weeks to get your order, so make sure you give yourself the time! Check out their website. It's very easy, you upload the picture and can add text and organize it the way you want. The t-shirts are not the best quality and will fade a bit after a few washes, but they are GREAT for the price. Email me when you are ready to order and I will help you find the best deals on there :)

StephanieOlivarez
02-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Leigh--what a great name for a fundraiser.
I would try and get your local paper to advertise...any media that will advertise For Grayton's Glory. This is such a great way to get the public aware of your event.

I hope this event is a HUGE success.
Looking forward to hearing all about the plans.

AmyMiles
02-15-2009, 09:11 PM
What a great idea! Steve will be running in a 25K that day in Grand Rapids, MI the 5/3 River Bank Run in memory of Faith.

I will pray for great success!

KateC
02-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Leigh, the woman I met with is named Sarah. I told her about you and your run for Grayton. She told me a lot of interesting things I owuld have neevr thought of. She said I could give you her e-mail address. Let me know if you would like to get in contact with her. She works for an event planning firm, so she had many, many wonderful ideas!!