PDA

View Full Version : Our story on French TV

BenjaminGibeaux
02-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone,

First sorry for not having given any news in a long time, but time has passed very quickly in recent weeks. Our baby Basile was operated a second time before his birth to remove the plug from his trachea. The operation went well and his lungs have grown. In recent months, the french public television France 2 has followed our adventures in filming the two operations and the first ultrasound a week after the first operation. I thought it could be interesting because we can see very well what the operation, and there are images of the plug very impressive.

Here: http://jt.france2.fr/13h/

Go to "Feuilleton : l'intégrale" and click on "voyage au centre de la vie". The video lasts 20 minutes and was broadcast in several parts every day in television news in mid-day. Journalists have also filmed another case that has nothing to do with the hernia.

My wife would give birth this week, we have a lot of anxiety and hope at the same time. We talk to the baby and sing songs to him through his mother's tummy. The coming weeks will be difficult, but we want to hope.

I'll try to read the stories of members as long as it is I do not come.

Bye ! :wink:

Damon andSharonknott
02-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Benjamin,

Thinking of you and your wife and precious Basile. Sending lots of positive thoughts and will keep you all in my prayers.

Thanks for giving us the link - will go and check it out now!

hugs
Shaz x

Chris and TracyMeats
02-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Thinking of you Benjamin, your wife and that precious Basile!! Will be praying for an easy delivery and that doctors can get Basile stabilized very quickly and he is a fighter!! Continue to have hope and faith that your little boy will do amazing things. Try to update us when Basile arrives and let us know how he is doing. Thanks for the link, that is awesome you are helping spread CDH awareness!!

Chris and TracyMeats
02-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow!! That was neat to see the operations. Thanks for sharing and I wish your family the best in the weeks to come.

KimberlySwitzer
02-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Benjamin, I am thinking of you, your wife and baby Basile. I wish you all the best in the coming weeks.

StephanieOlivarez
02-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Thinking of you and your wife.
Wishing for nothing but the best for Basile.