PDA

View Full Version : Friends of Faith

AmyMiles
02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Hello!

I just wanted to let you all know that we are doing a book drive in memory of my daughter Faith Grace Miles for her birthday this year. We are collecting new and gently used books to donate to possibly several places depending on the number of books we get. We are looking into donating to the family center at the University of Michigan Mott's Childrens Hospital, the Ronald McDonald House of Ann Arbor, or the local library where Steve and I grew up.

Books can be shipped or if you dislike the post office gift cards to Barnes and Noble or Amazon.com are welcome.

Here is the address you can ship them to:

Amy Miles
2275 Fawnwood Dr. SE
Kentwood, MI 49508

If you send a mixture of new and used books, put a little note in as to which ones are new. I think that the hospital may only be able to accept new books, but we are still looking into that one.

Thanks soooo much!

AmyMiles
02-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Each book will have a sticker with her name on it and a raspberry colored butterfly stamp inside.

KateC
02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
I will bring some for you this weekend :0 It's too funny, I was actually bringing you books anyway! I saw this and Barb and I started chuckling!!

ChristyMichel
02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Amy I will send some books this week. 0:-)

AmyMiles
02-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Thank you!

Corin Nava
02-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Amy-it is wonderful all the things you do! I will definitely get some books to give you this week :) Can't wait to see you again!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Amy, can you write something up on this for the newsletter for me? Thanks! :)

AmyMiles
02-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Dawn- I thought I already had sorry! I wrote to you about the spring carnival!! :) Silly pregnant brain!

I will write something up for you!

StephanieOlivarez
02-17-2009, 08:57 PM
What a wonderful idea.
I will have books for you when you come to visit!! Which by the way..I am VERY excited to see you and Steve.

Hoping your appointment on Friday goes well.

AmyMiles
02-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that the last day we can take books for this year will be March 4th. We are going to deliver them to U of M on her birhtday. Thanks to all who donated!

DanielleGolding
03-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Amy, just wondering if you got the books I sent yet?? Hope they get there before the 4th.

AmyMiles
03-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Danielle we got the books today Thank you! What a fun surprise to see a package from Australia!!! We have 61 new books so far and about 75 used books I would guess. We have only counted some of the used ones!

Thank you again to all who donated and have kept us in your prayers.

Corin Nava
03-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Amy-That is wonderful! I'm so happy your project is turning out to be such a huge success! Faith has many friends who love her :)

DanielleGolding
03-04-2009, 05:15 PM
It's such a great idea Amy. I'm thrilled for you that it's been such an enormous success. Well done!

AmyMiles
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
We now have over 200 books! I think that we may take some to the Ronald McDonald house at this rate!

I have been reading Dr. Seuss to my students all week! It really is a great week for her birthday and Dr. Seuss' birthday. I love his stories and they are the stories we read to her in the NICU!

DanielleGolding
03-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Amy, I just watched your new montage on fb, am in tears. It was put together beautifully, you have done sooooo much. I'm in awe of you and so so proud.

AmyMiles
03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Final count is 304 books donated to U of M Motts Children's hospital! It was a very nice day outside. We hung out with our nurses for a little bit. Later in the evening our best man, pastor at Faith's funeral called to tell us that he was a Daddy to a little girl born on Faith's birthday! What a blessing on her first birhtday!

Thank you to all of you who donated! We really appreciate it!

DanielleGolding
03-07-2009, 11:50 PM
304 books! That's awesome Amy!!! How amazing your best man's little girl was born on Faith's birthday. Truly a blessing. Thinking of you Amy (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))