PDA

View Full Version : Need a family in Tennessee for a TV interview!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-24-2009, 09:53 AM
A station in TN is looking to do a piece on CDH and needs a family for the interview. Any volunteers? :) The station is in Knoxville. You'd talk about CDH, your story and hopefully say a plug for CHERUBS. ;)

lcreekbaum
02-24-2009, 10:12 AM
While I'm not in Knoxville, Birmingham is only couple of hours away and if you don't get any volunteers soon, let me know because my DH and I would definitely make the quick drive! Anything in the name of CHERUBS and CDH!!

By the way, how did you get the interview? I'd love for a station in Birmingham to do this.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
One of our members knows a station in Knoxville (but they are in CA so they can't do it themselves).

With the CDH Day of Prayer / Wishes... whatever the heck we're calling it! :) Just call up your local tv station and tell them about the day and your story, also that Grayton's birthday is coming up around then too. Especially if you're planning on doing something on May 17th (balloon release in memory of Grayton or anything at all). If you ask them to cover a local event, plus tell them your story, usually stations and newspapers will cover it.

lcreekbaum
02-24-2009, 10:24 AM
We're actually trying to put together a 5K/1 mile walk on her Bday. I write "trying" because I haven't been as diligent as I should.

Thanks!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-24-2009, 10:29 AM
It's hard the first year, Leigh... understandable if planning a walk is hard.

MelissaKelly
02-24-2009, 11:39 AM
::coughcoughDonnacough::

You nagged me, woman, get on it. You think you get a break for having a sick kid or something?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-24-2009, 11:42 AM
LOL, Mel

MelissaKelly
02-24-2009, 04:43 PM
It's not being pushy, it's being aggressively supportive. =D

Also I'm going to steal Donna's thunder. Alex fought off a bout of pneumonia this week with NO VENT and NO HOSPITAL STAY. He's like the bionic toddler. Go Alex!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-24-2009, 04:44 PM
WTG Alex!!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful!!!!!

Donna Easley
02-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Thank you Mel, you can steal my thunder anytime. LOL Sorry I didn't get a chance to call back last night. It got crazy around here.

Dawn,
I got your message on facebook and will see how things look when I get the details.

MelissaKelly
02-24-2009, 06:44 PM
No problem, bebe.