PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS Legal Updates

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to update you on CHERUBS legal happenings....

CHERUBS had a pro bono for the personal restraining order I had to take out against Elizabeth at Breath of Hope in 2006 I believe. Long story, not going into that as that's not what this post is about.

CHERUBS had 3 pro bono lawyers from 2 law firms helping us on the trademark and a few additional tossing us advice here and there. HUGE help! But 1 law firm doesn't have the manpower to give us anymore and the other is about to take over a much bigger project for us.

So that leaves me to deal with the trademark issue legal stuff alone. And to be honest, I have no clue what I'm doing. The stress of having 1000's of people depend on me and CHERUBS to protect Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness is enormous. I don't want to mess this up. I need help. If you know of a trademark attorney who will help us, please let me know. They can be in any state as this is a federal issue. Please help if you can - these babies deserve to have the best representation to protect their rights. I am not that person to do that job, I am not qualified and I will not post that I am a legal expert or I am so intelligent that I don't need a lawyer. I am bound to make some mistakes doing this alone (well, not alone - our Board is a huge help!), but we cannot afford to make mistakes. Taking on a trademark is not a small thing at all. This trademark is a huge ordeal, one that has to be stopped.

So that leads me to another notice. I will be taking down the timeline for a while. I will not be posting about any legal issues. I will no longer be keeping you updated on Elizabeth's attacks or false allegations, slander, filings against CHERUBS with various agencies, etc. If you want updates on the trademark, you can go through the petition site to see the updates at the USPTO. Why, you ask?

For the first 3 years all this was going on, we kept quiet about it. Ignoring it did not help matters, it only enabled her and made her bolder. It got worse, so much worse that the restraining order was filed.

Then we went public, because other CDH parents were now being attacked and Elizabeth was filing accusations to try to have CHERUBS shut down. That was 2 years ago. You all have been pretty updated since.

But now, I am stepping back on the legal stuff and handing it all over to our new 2 pro bono lawyers to deal with. Whatever they deem necessary to do to stop the attacks, they have our blessing. Any court proceedings, filings, government intervention, criminal charges, etc - they have our blessing. 5 years of this is enough. It's time to deal with this all once and for all and let the CDH community have some peace. We can't thank our new lawyers enough, they are angels to help the CDH community this way!!!

And we can get back to supporting families dealing with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and stop dealing with all Elizabeth's drama and attacks.

Now, we still have the trademark issue to deal with!!! I am still working on that video and we will release it this week. At the least, it will raise awareness! But we still need a lawyer! If you know a lawyer or you really want to help and just call lawyers and ask them to help us.... we would appreciate it so much!!!

KimberlySwitzer
03-15-2009, 12:38 AM
I wish I knew a lawyer that could help!! I know you are doing all you can to end all of this, that is all anyone can ask of you!!

I am extremely excited to see the video all put together :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I am so very, very pleased to report that CHERUBS now has 4 pro bono lawyers to help stop all this sanity - including 2 trademark lawyers that signed on this morning to help us!!!!!!!!! When I meet with them next week I'm going to hug them both on behalf of ALL of us CDH families!!!! :)

Prayers are being answered - please keep them coming!!!!!! :)

SCURTIS
04-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Excellent news!!! Great work Dawn!

Chris and TracyMeats
04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Wonderful news!!! Praying we see this trademark issue resolved. Hope next week's meeting goes very well.

LynneB
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
God is at work!

mskelly
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
So happy to hear the news. I agree with you, Lynne...God is definitely at work!

Kath Murphy
04-03-2009, 10:02 PM
That's great news Dawn. And I am sure you meant "insanity" right???? LOL.

MaryanneReid
04-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Fantastic news Dawn!

Damon andSharonknott
04-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Wonderful news Dawn xx

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-04-2009, 09:46 AM
ROFL, Kath, yes I did mean insanity!!!! :)

Barbara and KevinWagner
04-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Awesome news Dawn! Doing a happy dance with you!! :bravo:

Corin Nava
04-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Great news!

DanielleKessner
04-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Sensational. Hopefully they can free you up big time to do the stuff you love doing :-)

CarrieCrum
04-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Yes. I hope this all works out for the best!!!!!! And you can go back to doing what your heart needs to be doing. Thanks again Dawn, your great!!!!!!

Elaine Moats
04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
glad to hear the good news.

StephanieOlivarez
04-08-2009, 01:36 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!