PDA

View Full Version : We were in the news!!!

Elizabeth Howard
03-23-2009, 02:50 PM
A pr person from OU Children's hospital in Oklahoma City, OK asked us last week to do an interview with a tv station to talk about Isabel's condition and donating blood.. We did the interview yesterday with Channel 5 KOCO. This is a clip from 5:30; this one is really short. There was a longer piece done at 10...but I cannot find it online!! It showed some of the video montage that we made and went more into cdh.. We were just so excited to tell our story!

This is the shorter one! http://www.koco.com/video/18988348/index.html
I will post when I find the longer one!

Oh, this is also our video montage that we made for miss isabel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAecV0hLQqA

KateC
03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
WONDERFUL ELIZABETH!!

You and Isabel are gorgeous! I am looking forward to seeing the longer version!!

Chris and TracyMeats
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
You have a beautiful family!! If you find the longer version I would love to see it--excellent job on spreading CDH awareness and the importance of donating blood. My son was also on ECMO and received many blood and blood product donations.

You did a great job on the video!! Isabel is such a miracle and very beautiful.

StephanieOlivarez
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
WONDERFUL!!!!

Isabel's video is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing.

JenniferBrown
03-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Isabel video is beautiful.

SCURTIS
03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Great job! Isabel is beautiful!!! Love the bow in her hair :)

MelissaKelly
03-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Isabel is adorable! Great job, girl. Definitely let us know when you get the other link.

03-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Elizabeth that is awesome that Isabel and You were on the news, getting the word out about blood donations and CDH. Wish we could have seen it, hopefully you'll find the longer version. Love you to all Jenny

Elizabeth Howard
03-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Thank you everyone for watching the video, and all of the compliments. Unfortunately, Isabel has come down with some type of virus, we think. She has testes negatiShe was admitted to Children's last night.. She is normally on 3/4 liter of oxygen, and is now at 20 liters. Please pray for her. She is such a fighter. She is now on vapotherm and is very stable at this point. We are hoping to start weening her down, after the doctors make there rounds. Please pray for her, that she will not have to be intubated, no pneumonia, and that she will beat whatever virus that she has. Isabel's CO2 in her blood gas is high; but it has been going down little by little since we have been here. And of course, her pulmonary hypertension is definately the wild card, and so unpredictable.

I will keep everyone updated on her condition as we find out more. Thank you all again for your sweet comments. They definately brightened my day!

MelissaKelly
03-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Bah! Tell that little girl to knock it off, it's springtime, she's not allowed to catch a bug!

Call me if you need anything.

Elizabeth Howard
03-26-2009, 05:41 PM
I know Mel! The irony of us staying infection free since Isabel has been home from the NICU and all winter. Of course we would get something at the beginning of Spring! Thank your for being there for us :)

MelissaKelly
03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
She must have heard that Michael got to go to the OR this week and she got jealous. Hopefully Alex minds his own business and stays healthy! Rotten kids.

Elizabeth Howard
03-27-2009, 06:21 AM
They just seem to throw us for a loop Mel... I think she wanted to join in on the hospital fun.. She is so picky about her oxygen, she does not want to be weaned...Still 20 liters, but they have been able to ween down the blender. One good thing is they did an echo earlier and her pressures are around 47% which is like it was a month ago.. We were expecting a very bad one. You know how they like to get fussy right before the echos and show that they are systemic (lol). She has also been so sick, we were worried that it might have caused the PH to worsen.. but so far she has been good in that area!