PDA

View Full Version : Need help TODAY for a chance to win $100K for CHERUBS

Chris and TracyMeats
04-23-2009, 01:05 PM
This was a note posted on facebook today by Dawn...just passing on the info. since Dawn is out of the office today and can't post to the Cherubs' forums.

Calling all CDH families!!! Need help TODAY to win $100K for CHERUBS to help CDH families! (thanks to Freedom for this info!!!!)

Hugh Jackman has pledged to
donate $100,000 to a charity who can convince him why they are
worthy using Twitter. The winner will be announced on Friday.
Please help us tell Hugh Jackman why we should win his donation.
Sign on (or sign up at twitter.com) and search for
RealHughJackman. Click to "follow" him, and then "tweet" all the
good reasons you can think of for him to donate the money to
CHERUBS.
If you can't think of anything on your own, try tweeting
these...

@RealHughJackman $100,000 could make the world awareness of CDH, a birth defect that has hurt .5 million babies since 2000. cdhsupport.org

@RealHughJackman could help save 1000's of babies every year by helping fund research on CDH! cdhsupport.org

Please repost, twitter, invite family and friends to join, post on forums, etc.

mskelly
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Anybody know how to tweet???

KateC
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Birds do lol . . .

What in the Heaven above is Twitter?? I keep hearing about it.

LynneB
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Twitter is like texting kinda. You post every since detail of your life and a bunch of peple read it immediately. Twitter may be good for Cherub families with babies in NICU. Twitter is like blogging on steroids. It has been around for over a year. I got all this info from my teenagers. I can barely text.

mskelly
04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
:rotfl: I come to CHERUBS for my daily dose of laughter now!

SCURTIS
04-23-2009, 06:36 PM
I signed up but can't figure it out...

04-23-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm technologically challenged so will have no chance figuring out how to use twitter in one day. But I've come up with a line if someone can twit it for me.

"Help save the most fragile babies in NICUs worldwide; help fund research on the cause and better treatments for CDH (cdhsupport.org).

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Thank you, Tracy! Thank you everyone! Margaret, love that line! :)

KarlaHolt
04-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I tried but I don't know what I'm doing!

04-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Lynne I think it's time to recruit the younger generation - your daughters might need to twit for us lol!

Damon andSharonknott
04-23-2009, 07:57 PM
I have just signed up... Is everyone following Dawn?? I'm not too sure how to find everyone?
my name is shazauscherubs

KarlaHolt
04-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Am I supposed to send a direct message? I'll try to find you...I'm mayestra12

KarlaHolt
04-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I can't find anybody! I thought this was supposed to be easy? I'm guess I could ask my high school students! They know everything!!! LOL

Damon andSharonknott
04-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Karla, I tried looking for you... can't find you :(

All these random people are following me!

KateC
04-24-2009, 09:42 AM
LOL stalkers!! Hey Shaz - you are a hott mamma! No wonder they are following you!

I don't get it! Do you "twitter" through your phone? I will have to check this out.

tweet tweet
It most funny that high schoolers know how to do it and we can't figure it out!

Chris and TracyMeats
04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Hugh Jackman picked his charities today. He picked two and split the $100K. They went to:

Operation of Hope is a not-for-profit medical foundation started in 1989 to perform facial surgeries on poor children around the world. Operation of Hope is an all-volunteer medical team that donates surgeries to children in developing countries born with facial deformities. For more information, please visit operationofhope.org.

Charity: Water is a non-profit initiative based in New York City focused on bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Founded in 2006, charity: water has helped fund 1,247 projects, in 14 countries bringing clean, safe water to 669,045 people. For more information, please visit charitywater.org.

We all may have been late with our "tweets", for when I left my messages, there was a tweet that stated they had started reviewing the submissions and the winners would be notified on Friday. Hopefully, we got some CDH awareness out there in the twitter world!!

DanielleGolding
04-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks Tracy, I got on there too but had no idea if I did it right!!! My name is 'originally' DanielleGolding...hope someone finds me....except the stalkers!

I've just joined up to skype and have a few stalkers there too....scary!

DanielleKessner
04-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Your new avatar is so cute Dani :-) I have used Skype for years and never had a stalker. I have my name as Kessner Family so that might put a few people off???

DanielleGolding
04-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Danielle - did you see that I'd requested you to be my 'skype' friend or however it works?? I'm still new at this...