PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS "Adopt A Hospital" Program

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-29-2009, 05:54 PM
http://images4.cafepress.com/product/329390564v34_350x350_Size3Front.jpg

Would you like to help families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia? Would you like to do something in honor or in memory of a cherub? CHERUBS has created a new program that will soon be helping CDH families across the country.

There are 2 options to our Adopt A Hospital program:

Adoption Plan #1 - You order / print out the list of items below and take them to the hospital. You also become a CHERUBS Hospital Ambassdor for new CDH families at that hospital and you periodically refurnish the materials.

Adoption Plan #2 - You make a $100 donation to CHERUBS and we order and put together the materials and send them to the hospital in honor / memory of your cherub.

CHERUBS Adopt A Hospital Care Package Includes:

1 copy of "Stories of Cherubs" Volume I - http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs.329393956
1 copy of "Stories of Cherubs" Volume II - http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs.329390564
1 CDH awareness poster - http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs/6448761
20 Parent Reference Guides - http://cdhsupport.org/members/dload.php?action=file&file_id=32
50 CHERUBS CDH Info Brochures - http://cdhsupport.org/members/dload.php?action=file&file_id=83
50 CDH Awareness Ribbon Pins - http://cdhsupport.blogspot.com/2009/04/congenital-diaphragmatic-hernia.html
10 copies of our latest newsletter - http://cdhsupport.org/newsletter/

Each item (except the CDH ribbon pins) is labeled with a sticker that says "Donated in honor of ________" or "Donated in memory of _________"

These items are then available to all CDH parents admitted into these hospitals. Upon joining CHERUBS, new parents will soon receive more information and support through our Gabe's Gifts program.

These items are an invaluable source of support and information for families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Because there are so many hospitals, CHERUBS cannot possibly afford to donate to all hospitals and we are inviting our members and the general public to help us to help CDH families.

If you would like to Adopt A Hospital, please contact us at volunteer@cherubs-cdh.org

http://www.cdhsupport.org/graphics/corkboardposter2.png

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Hospitals adopted so far:

Driscoll Children's Hospital - Melissa Kelly in honor of Michael Kelly

Duke University Medical Center - Dawn Williamson in memory of Shane Torrence

Medical University of South Carolina - Heather Whitten in honor of Andrew Whitten

University of California, San Francisco - Marion Accord in memory of Addison Accord

Carolinas Medical Center - Deborah Hall in memory of Celeste Hall

Wilford Hall Med Center - Karen Myers in memory of Kaleigh Myers

Helen DeVos Children's Hospital - Megan Bradshaw in honor of Alyssa Bradshaw

University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital - Shandi Cox and Paige Cox in memory of Caleb Cox

Anyone else???

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Those you that chose Adoption Plan #1 - we want photos for our newsletter!!!! :)

AmyMiles
04-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Do you have suggestions for where they put this information?

U of Michigan had said they don't suggest support groups or hand out materials because parents generally already know about support that is available. I think that they don't want to step on any toes because they passed out BoH bracelets and ribbons on March 31st last year.

Lots of parents don't know prenatally and I don't want parents to have to wait until they are in the hospital to find support. Though better late than never.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Omaha Children's Hospital - Amy Price in honor of Liviana Price

Toronto's Sick Children's Hospital - Stacey Musgrove in memory of Ethan Marchard

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Amy, it's horrible that they would promote one group like that and not others.

Do you have a nurse there that you still talk to? I would start there. What if you and Barb and a few more of the other MI members planned a day to go there together to meet with the nurses, doctors, etc? Take photos, invite a reporter.... they can't say no to that.

You're very, very right that not everyone has support prenatally. Some aren't on-line, some aren't diagnosed until birth. Parents need all the support that they can get.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-29-2009, 07:38 PM
For where they put it... the books can go in their NICU/PICU library, the brochures can go in a brochure stand in the waiting room or in the nurses station. Same with the other printed materials. The poster - anywhere you can post it so parents can access it and learn about CDH.

AmyMiles
04-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the ideas. We still talk with our primary nurses so I will see if I a can get them on board.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-21-2009, 08:03 AM
CDH "Adopt A Hospital" program is up and running! Which hospital would you like to adopt in honor / memory of your cherub? Our goal is to adopt every hospital with ECMO and every CDH center around the world so that every CDH parent has the information and support they need to make the best decisions possible for their cherub.

http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hospitaladopt.php

Donate here to adopt a hospital, see what's included, see what hospitals are adopted. I'm ordering items this week and putting together hospital packets on June 1st!

Adopt A Hospital Program

Would you like to help families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia? Would you like to do something in honor or in memory of a cherub? CHERUBS has created a new program that will soon be helping CDH families across the country.

There are 2 options to our Adopt A Hospital program:

Adoption Plan #1 - You order / print out the list of items below and take them to the hospital. You also become a CHERUBS Hospital Ambassdor for new CDH families at that hospital and you periodically refurnish the materials. You submit photos of your items being delivered to the hospital for our newsletter.

Adoption Plan #2 - You make a $100 donation to CHERUBS and we order and put together the materials and send them to the hospital in honor / memory of your cherub. Photos of your items will be e-mailed to you. Or we can send them to you to deliver to the hospital in person (take photos for the newsletter please!)

1 copy of "Stories of Cherubs" Volume I
1 copy of "Stories of Cherubs" Volume II
1 CDH awareness poster
20 Parent Reference Guides
50 CHERUBS CDH Info Brochures
50 CDH Awareness Ribbon Pins
10 copies of our latest newsletter

Each item (except the CDH ribbon pins) is labeled with a sticker that says "Donated in honor of ________" or "Donated in memory of _________"

These items are then available to all CDH parents admitted into these hospitals. Upon joining CHERUBS, new parents will soon receive more information and support through our Gabe's Gifts program.

These items are an invaluable source of support and information for families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Because there are so many hospitals, CHERUBS cannot possibly afford to donate to all hospitals and we are inviting our members and the general public to help us to help CDH families.

Your donation is tax-deductible! For Adoption Plan #2, you can donate at http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hospitaladopt.php or you can mail a check or money order to CHERUBS, 3650 Rogers Rd #290, Wake Forest, NC 27587

Hospitals Currently Adopted:

Medical University of South Carolina - Heather Whitten in honor of Andrew Whitten
National Children's Hospital - Brenda Slavin in memory of Amanda and Nicholas Slavin
Royal Childrens Hospital, Melbourne, Australia - Emma Murrell
University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital - Shandi Cox and Paige Cox in memory of Caleb Cox
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - Dawn Williamson in memory of Shane Torrence
University of California, San Francisco - Marion Accord in memory of Addison Accord
Wilford Hall Med Center - Karen Myers in memory of Kaleigh Myers and Amanda Turner in memory of Raelyn Turner

Corin Nava
05-21-2009, 08:52 AM
I plan using plan #1 to adopt Mass General Hospital :)

KarlaHolt
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Do you have me down for CHOP? I was planning on sending the money to you today! Let me know!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
05-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Adding you both right now!! :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-04-2009, 12:56 PM
The latest list:

National Children's Hospital - Brenda Slavin in memory of Amanda and Nicholas Slavin
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - Dawn Williamson in memory of Shane Torrence
Wilford Hall Med Center - Karen Myers in memory of Kaleigh Myers and Amanda Turner in memory of Raelyn Turner
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia - Karla Holt in honor of Braden Holt
University of Michigan - Barbara Wagner in honor of Logan Wagner

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-04-2009, 01:02 PM
My mother-in-law and I are putting these together next week - the books finally came in and she put all the PRG's together (bless her heart!!). I need to know if some of you want the boxes sent to the hospital and if you have a specific doctor they should go to or if you want it sent to you so you can deliver it yourself.

Some haven't been paid for yet - we can't send them out until we receive the donation.... please make sure to get that in.

Am so excited to get these out!!!! :) We'd like to present a box to Boston Children's Hospital at the conference since Meaghan will be there... any of you interested in Adopting that hospital? The same for Baylor and University of Texas since we have doctors from those hospitals speaking as well. It would be great to have you present them in person at the conference. : )

KarlaHolt
07-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Did you get my money? I was concerned because I did not put enough postage on it and some other things I sent out that week got sent back to me. I did not get it back so I hope you got it!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Karla, I did! I'm putting Braden's together tonight. Do you want me to send it directly to CHOP or to you?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-09-2009, 07:01 PM
The latest list:

University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - Joseph Arata in memory of Dawson Gabriel Martie
University of Virginia - Dawn Williamson in memory of Debra Jones
University of Michigan - Barbara Wagner in honor of Logan Wagner and Kathleen Armstrong in memory of Declan Armstrong

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-09-2009, 07:11 PM
The following did theirs themselves:

I received payment from the following:

University of Michigan - Barbara Wagner in honor of Logan Wagner and Kathleen Armstrong in memory of Declan Armstrong
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - Joseph Arata in memory of Dawson Gabriel Martie
University of Virginia - Dawn Williamson in memory of Debra Jones

Awaiting info from:

And we have A LOT more hospitals to adopt!!! :)

mariluornelas
07-09-2009, 07:38 PM
ok, how much time do we have left...I can't believe I just saw this post!
Please let me know Dawn I will love to do University Medical Center at Lubbock, but I am not sure which of the two options are better ...

KarlaHolt
07-09-2009, 08:21 PM
I would send it directly to CHOP.

mskelly
07-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi Dawn, I thought someone had done Sick Kids' in Toronto??

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Yes, they have Shana, I didn't copy and paste that list too well! Thanks for catching that!!!! I don't know how I missed it, I just put that box together yesterday!

Marilu, Option 2 is the cheapest and easiest. Since we buy in bulk it costs less to put it together and we do all the work. If you want to adopt that hospital, let me know and I'll put you on the list! :)

I plan on putting these boxes together once a month... just easier with ordering supplies for them, etc. I have enough supplies to send out 10 boxes this week, 7 are together... I can send 3 more out this week.

mskelly
07-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Great Job Dawn & Co.!! : )

mariluornelas
07-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Great Dawn, I will do UMC at Lubbock but I am not sure if this month, I will let you know for sure, Thank you.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-13-2009, 12:53 PM
I just posted this on our blog:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hzSkIgfFSzk/SltvcrW_YlI/AAAAAAAAAkk/O8ZI4ENV80Y/s1600-h/braden4.jpg

How does this work?

You make a $100 donation to CHERUBS and we order and put together the materials and send them to the hospital in honor / memory of your cherub.

1 CDH awareness poster
40 CHERUBS CDH Info Brochures
40 CDH Awareness Ribbon Pins

These items are then available to all CDH parents admitted into these hospitals. Upon joining CHERUBS, new parents will soon receive more information and support through our giftbag program.

Your donation is tax-deductible!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hzSkIgfFSzk/Slt0PB8S5BI/AAAAAAAAAlM/wI1ww0q6R3I/s1600-h/braden1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hzSkIgfFSzk/SltvdBwMw8I/AAAAAAAAAk0/hpKV6js-egQ/s1600-h/braden2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hzSkIgfFSzk/Slt0PN6uuxI/AAAAAAAAAlE/yHZfkHfRZLw/s1600-h/braden6.jpg

The above photos of are the Adopt A Hospital kit created in honor of Braden Holt that has been sent out to CHOP. You can see the labels on each item and how everything but the poster fits neatly in a nice box. Families who Adopt A Hospital in honor or memory of their cherub can rest assure that CHERUBS presents nothing but professional materials in a professional manner to help CDH families.

The following hospitals have been adopted and our Adopt A Hospital kits are on their way!

* Duke University Medical Center - in memory of Shane Torrence
* University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital - in memory of Caleb Cox
* University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - in memory of Dawson Gabriel Martie
* University of Virginia - in memory of Debra Jones
* Wilford Hall Med Center - in memory of Kaleigh Myers & Raelyn Turner
* National Children's Hospital - in memory of Amanda and Nicholas Slavin
* Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia - in honor of Braden Holt
* Toronto Children's Hospital - in memory of Ethan William James Marchand
* University of Michigan - in honor of Logan Wagner and in memory of Declan Armstrong

The following hospitals have been pledged for adoption also:

* University of California, San Francisco - in memory of Addison Accord
* Royal Childrens Hospital, Melbourne, Australia - Emma Murrell
* Carolinas Medical Center - in memory of Celeste Hall
* Helen DeVos Children's Hospital - in honor of Alyssa Bradshaw
* Medical University of South Carolina - in honor of Andrew Whitten
* University Medical Center at Lubbock - in honor of Juan Marko Ornelas

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hzSkIgfFSzk/SltvduoIp-I/AAAAAAAAAk8/gWpwJxRioNA/s1600-h/shaniandpaigecox.jpg

Items donated in memory of Caleb Cox being delivered to the University of Alabama at Birmingham

If you would like to Adopt A Hospital, please visit

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I can't figure out why the images won't show up. You can see them at http://cdhsupport.blogspot.com/2009/07/cherubs-adopt-hospital-program.html

SCURTIS
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Dawn,

How would you find out if a particular hospital would accept the donation?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-13-2009, 01:33 PM
All hospitals will accept, we just send them to doctors who are members of CHERUBS. We have over 150 doctors and nurses in our membership so we have connections at almost all hospitals, plus with us at their conferences they all know who we are. Mainly we send them to the pediatric surgeons or their nurse clinicians or PICU or NICU nurses or ECMO staff. Unless we have a very active member that I know will make sure the info makes it to the parents.

For example.... Amy had a hard time finding someone at U of M to take information. Nurses or just staff usually won't take it. We have to know someone. So we talked to one of our members who is on staff there... great surgeon. And he'll be passing out info once he gets it. :)

And sometimes it's now just politics. CHOP has a few nurses who are members of BoH - Any communication from us is met with well.... less than warm response. Which is sad, because those politics are robbing CDH families of information and support that only CHERUBS provides. Anything we send directly to that NICU may just be trashed and we can't have that! Sooooo... to get around all that drama, we are sending Braden's box to a member who has been very active for 10 years, who donates to us annually and who is a huge supporter of CHERUBS - and she'll personally make sure that each CDH family receives the info that we send.

Long response I know, I'm sorry! LOL But unfortunately, it's not as simple as it used to be of just putting together information and sending it!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-13-2009, 01:54 PM
2 more hospitals have been adopted!

Seton Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Streetman
St. David's Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Streetman

SCURTIS
07-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Have any doctors from Nova Scotia who are members? The IWK Health Centre would be the hospital for the Maritime provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island). I would consider "adopting this hospital" if we could find the correct person/people...

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Hmmmm... I don't think we do, Shauna, but we can surely find someone. : ) Do you have a favorite doctor or nurse there?

mskelly
07-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Dawn,
Is it possible to find out who the members are at our hospitals? Just a thought so we can communicate with them that we're active members of CHERUBS too, and maybe get some local awareness activities going?

Just a thought.

KarlaHolt
07-14-2009, 07:35 AM
That would be great Shana! I had no idea CHOP had so many Boh supporters!

I would like to know too!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Shana, that's one of the things that our State Reps are supposed to be doing. :) After the conference, Barb and I are going to try our hardest to fill every Rep position by September. The Reps will hopefully put together get-togethers and also match up local families and help us to Adopt out all the ECMO Hospitals.

KarlaHolt
07-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Speaking of that Dawn...I need a PA member list and also NJ if you want me to be the rep for that state too. I would love it! Currently, I only have the DE member list and the letter I sent the doctor on that list got returned to me.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-14-2009, 12:19 PM
No problem, Karla! As soon as the conference is over next week, all Reps will get new lists and we'll start the recruiting for new Reps! : )

If anyone wants to volunteer to be a Rep please e-mail us at volunteer@cdhsupport.org!!! : )

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Figured out the image problem... trying again to post photos! ; )

I just posted this on our blog:

http://cdhsupport.org/graphics/totebags/braden4.jpg

How does this work?

You make a $100 donation to CHERUBS and we order and put together the materials and send them to the hospital in honor / memory of your cherub.

1 CDH awareness poster
40 CHERUBS CDH Info Brochures
40 CDH Awareness Ribbon Pins

These items are then available to all CDH parents admitted into these hospitals. Upon joining CHERUBS, new parents will soon receive more information and support through our giftbag program.

Your donation is tax-deductible!

http://cdhsupport.org/graphics/totebags/braden1.jpg

http://cdhsupport.org/graphics/totebags/braden2.jpg

http://cdhsupport.org/graphics/totebags/braden6.jpg

The above photos of are the Adopt A Hospital kit created in honor of Braden Holt that has been sent out to CHOP. You can see the labels on each item and how everything but the poster fits neatly in a nice box. Families who Adopt A Hospital in honor or memory of their cherub can rest assure that CHERUBS presents nothing but professional materials in a professional manner to help CDH families.

The following hospitals have been adopted and our Adopt A Hospital kits are on their way!

* University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - in memory of Dawson Gabriel Martie
* Wilford Hall Med Center - in memory of Kaleigh Myers & Raelyn Turner
* National Children's Hospital - in memory of Amanda and Nicholas Slavin
* University of Michigan - in honor of Logan Wagner and in memory of Declan Armstrong

* University of California, San Francisco - in memory of Addison Accord

http://cdhsupport.org/graphics/totebags/shaniandpaigecox.jpg

Items donated in memory of Caleb Cox being delivered to the University of Alabama at Birmingham

If you would like to Adopt A Hospital, please visit

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-18-2009, 07:53 AM
2 more hospitals have been adopted!

Seton Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Travis Streetman
St. David's Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Travis Streetman

KarlaHolt
07-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Very cool! So exciting to see Braden's box! We'll be at CHOP again soon!

claire h
07-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi,
I'm in Ireland and I would love to adopt the children's hospital that we deal with. I'm not sure what the incidence of CDH is in Ireland but there is little or no information around about it. The only place I get to learn anything about CDH is here with CHERUBS. The various teams we have dealt with in the hospital have never referred me to any information and I found CHERUBS through a search engine. I would be interested in anything you have to offer.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Claire, we'd love to send info to your hospital. If you'd like to adopt the hospital in honor of Aoife, more information is at http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hospitaladopt.php

mariluornelas
07-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Looks great Dawn :)

JaanaRosenlund
07-23-2009, 07:44 PM
It looks great and I think this is such a great thing to do.
Are we able to Adopt hospitals in other countries?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Yes, Jaana, absolutely! For those of you in Australia and the UK, CHERUBS Australia and CHERUBS UK will be putting together boxes to send. :) Your donation should go directly to them, just tell Danielle that you want to adopt a hospital. :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Those of you that adopted hospitals as part of our CDH Adopt A Hospital program - I am posting press releases about each of you, please e-mail your cherub's photo and story if you can. dawn.williamson@cdhsupport.org These will be posted on our site and on our blog.

KarlaHolt
07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Do you need Braden's story? I sent it for Cherubs vol, II, but I can send something shorter if you need it.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-28-2009, 02:08 PM
No, I can use the same story if you'd like. Do you have a new photo you want to use?

KarlaHolt
07-28-2009, 02:17 PM
You can use his 1st birthday picture...it's in the album.

JaanaRosenlund
07-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the info Dawn. I will let Danielle know that I want to donate to adopt a hospital. Thanks!

claire h
07-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Dawn, I put through the info to adopt Crumlin Childrens Hospital in Dublin. Can you let me know if it went through ok? Thanks, Claire.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Claire, got it! I'll forward it to CHERUBS UK (they are covering England, Ireland and Scotland)

Ok, Jaana! Let me know if you do this and we'll add you to the list of adopted hospitals!

Thank you, ladies! : )

MelissaLuna-Manriquez
07-31-2009, 04:04 AM
Hi Dawn, wasn't sure if my email was received, but I would like to donate Rady Children's Hospital San Diego CA in honor of Kiyari Juliet Manriquez.

Also, is there a way that even if I donate, I could still deliver the box? We go up to the hospital at least twice a month.
Thanks!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-31-2009, 07:53 AM
Melissa, that would be great! I can send the box directly to you. Please take photos delivering it for the newsletter! : )

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-31-2009, 07:54 AM
Those of you who have adopted - please send in your stories and photos if you want them included on the blog and site.

JaanaRosenlund
08-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Sure Dawn, I will let you know.
I will be in touch with Danielle.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Our latest list!

* Palmetto Health Richland - in honor of Abigail Taylor Long
* Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin - in honor of Aoife Hopkins
* Wilford Hall Med Center - in memory of Kaleigh Myers & in honor of Raelyn Turner
* National Children's Hospital - in memory of Amanda & Nicholas Slavin
* University of Michigan - in honor of Logan Wagner & Declan Armstrong
* Seton Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Travis Streetman
* St. David's Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Travis Streetman

* Rady Children's Hospital - in honor of Kiyari Juliet Manriquez

NicolleColvin
08-13-2009, 10:34 PM
just want to make sure we are on the list too! :)
Saint Joesph's Hospital in Denver Colorado in loving memory of Kasey Colvin

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Nicolle, I'm sorry, I'm scatterbrained this week! Noting that right now!!!!

NicolleColvin
08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
No worries! Thank you :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Latest list:

* Saint Joesph's Hospital, Denver, Colorado - in memory of Kasey Colvin
* Palmetto Health Richland - in honor of Abigail Taylor Long
* Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin - in honor of Aoife Hopkins
* University of Virginia - in memory of Debra Jones and in honor of Cole Campsey
* Wilford Hall Med Center - in memory of Kaleigh Myers & in honor of Raelyn Turner
* National Children's Hospital - in memory of Amanda & Nicholas Slavin
* University of Michigan - in honor of Logan Wagner & Declan Armstrong
* Seton Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Travis Streetman
* St. David's Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Travis Streetman

* Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) - in honor of Kiyari Juliet Manriquez

stacynovak
09-21-2009, 08:25 AM
I sent an email to the volunteers. I want to adopt Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. My family had a big yard sale and the money that my mom, sister and I made is just enough for us to adopt the hospital. I am so excited to do this. Caleb is happy too.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Stacy, your box will be mailed out next week (I'm waiting on the books to arrive). I will post photos. :)

All of you who have Adopted Hospitals - please send me your cherub's photo and story so that I can post them here and on our blog! membership@cdhsupport.org - please put Adopt A Hospital in the subject line.

I would really like to get everyone's posted this week if possible.

NicolleColvin
10-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Just wanted to make sure that you received the transfer from pay pal.

PennyCampsey
10-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Dawn .. did u do UVA ?!
we will send money for them if you havent

stacynovak
10-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Sorry Dawn I haven't been on Cherubs in a while. Thanks for sending out the box. I will get something written up and a picture to you a soon a possible. Hopefully this weekend.
:) Stacy

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Penny, I sent ours to UVA about 2 months ago - Cole's name was it too. :)

After all the bags, awareness kits, etc I had just enough buttons to send out 1 adopt a hospital kit. Waiting on more button and hope to mail out 3 more next week. I'll post an updated list of hospitals soon.

I know we need UCSF and Boston Children's Hospital adopted. Anyone?

PennyCampsey
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
ohhhhhhh ...will mail check to you tomorrow !!! thank you !!!

RaquelleJ
12-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi Dawn
I'm trying to adopt a hospital and sent an e-mail to the address given on the site back in november and no one has contacted me back. I would really like to adopt albany medical center and get that set up as soon as possible. Please let me know if there is a number of someone I can call.
thanks
Rachel Seebode

TracyLanders
03-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Hey Dawn,

I'm thinking I want to adopt Women and Infants' Hospital in Rhode Island, if it's not already been done. My experiences there weren't the best. Ericka only had one nurse that had a lot of CDH experience. Some of them didn't even know what it was and I had to explain it to them! I just think they need more information and so do parents going in there.

TracyLanders
03-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Oh...and if it's needed, Mass General.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-13-2010, 03:49 PM
That would be great! :)

http://www.cdhhospitals.org

That has a current list of adopted hospitals and a payment option. Please let me know if you want it sent to the hospital (and to what doctor) or to you.

Thank you! :)

Crystal Benitez
03-18-2010, 12:46 PM
I would like to adopt a hospital. Can I adopt one someone has already adopted?

jessifontaine
07-16-2010, 07:32 PM
I would like to adopt a hospital as well. Has TX Childrens or Baylor Medical been adopted? Thx :)

TracyLanders
08-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Question: Women and Infants' Hospital in Providence is where the NICU is located for any babies born with CDH in my area. However, Hasbro Children's Hospital is now an ECMO center and it's like a block away. If I wanted to adopt a hospital, would I want to do one or both? I can adopt one hospital a month and would like to eventually adopt one (or both of these, if necessary) and Mass General. *Starting next month, I think.*

Michelle Fisher
03-13-2011, 03:13 AM
I would like to adopt CHOC (Childrens Hospital Orange County) however due to my husband being active duty military we have just moved to AL and UAB has already been adopted.

Any ideas?

Michelle Fisher
03-13-2011, 03:14 AM
I would like to adopt CHOC (Childrens Hospital Orange County) however due to my husband being active duty military we have just moved to AL and UAB has already been adopted.

Any ideas?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-14-2011, 12:06 PM
http://www.cdhhospitals.org should have an updated list of hospitals adopted. I think CHOC was just adopted too. There are a couple of big CDH hospitals still up for adoption.

Candace
04-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Hello I am interested in adopting hopefully 2 different hospitals that helped us out along the way. Could you send me some information about how to do this? Thank You
Candace Cox

Chris and TracyMeats
04-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Hi Candace,

Here is our updated link to the Adopt A Hospital Kits: http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/hospitals/

From there you can see what hospitals have been adopted, what is in each kit and there is also a link to purchase the kit online. Let me know if you have any questions after you have looked at the links or please send an email to our Parent Advisory Board with your questions, cpab@cherubs-cdh.org.

Candace
04-29-2013, 11:04 AM
For some reason it's not letting me see the hospitals that are up for adoption.

Chris and TracyMeats
04-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Here is the list of hospitals that have been adopted, if a hospital is not on this currently, then they are okay to adopt. You can always send another one even if a hospital has already been adopted, for they will use that information and all items will be labeled in honor of/in memory of your cherub. I even think this list needs to be updated too, for I know we are missing a few too and through our April 19th events this month, I few more were adopted.

•AtlantiCare Center for Childbirth - in memory of Brielle Theresa Santo
•Brenner Children's Hospital - in memory of Zoe Aris Fisher
•Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston - in honor of Jessica Barry
•<>Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia - in honor of Braden Holt
•<>Children's Hospital at St. Francis - in honor of Laney Kate Daniels
•Children's Medical Center (Dallas, TX) - in memory of Ava Elaine Dickerson
•CHOC Childrens, California - in memor of Aidan Leibe
•<>Comer Children's Hospital - in memory of Brent K. Falkinham
•<>Duke University Medical Center - in memory of Shane Torrence
•Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin - in honor of Aoife Hopkins
•Palmetto Health Richland - in honor of Abigail Taylor Long
•Parkland Hospital - in honor of Kamryn Hope Studdard
•Primary Children's Medical Center - in honor of Caylor Rebecca Bird
•Saint Joseph's Hospital, Denver, Colorado - in memory of Kasey Colvin
•Seton Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Travis Streetman
•University of Kansas Medical Center - in memory of Michael Joseph Skaggs
•University of Michigan - in honor of Logan Wagner & Declan Armstrong
•University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - in memory of Dawson Gabriel Martie
•University of Virginia - in memory of Debra Jones and in honor of Cole Campsey

freedom
04-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Love how much the list has grown. Thank you for the update Tracy!

Shanell Browand
08-28-2013, 06:30 PM
I am going to be calling Sacred Heart Childrens Hospital in Spokane, WA tomorrow about our program. Once I get a okay from them, I will be going with Adoption plan #2!

freedom
08-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Thank you Shanell!

BRoper
08-28-2013, 10:48 PM
What does the Adopt a hospital consist of? We may be interested as well.

freedom
08-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Here is the link from the CHERUBS website to read all about our Adopt A Hospital Program.

http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/hospitals/

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you - Freedom

MARY TARILANG
04-14-2014, 02:46 PM
mom of baby dewey jr gold'''' fighting his blader cancer so needs yall help to donate for my blader cancer

thank you and god bless...

Chris and TracyMeats
04-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Hi Mary,

I received your chatroom message this morning and I got your account activated for you. Are you a mom to a CDH angel?