PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy

admin
12-26-2006, 11:29 PM
In the Fall, 2006 season, Grey's Anatomy diagnosed the niece of character "Meredith" with CDH. But the diagnosis changed to an Omphalocele when the character appeared back on the show.

Ken and WendyMcKay
09-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I saw that epidsode and was extremely disappointed with how the producers dealt with it. The truth behind CDH was glossed over and it was made out that a simple procedure would fix the problem once and for all. I realise that the show is not a documentary and is for entertainment, but I wish that if they are going to use real diseases and conditions, that they fully investigate them and show them for what they are!

Amy Rademaker
09-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Grey's Anatomy
Six Days (Part 1)
Season 3, Episode 13

Aired January 11, 2007.

Kristin Morrow
01-10-2008, 10:36 PM
So I am watching Grey's right now and they mentioned diaphragmatic hernia. Dr Bailey's son had a bookcase fall over on him and it caused a diaphragmatic hernia. Ok so it was caused by trauma, but at least they mentioned the word diaphragmatic hernia. its a start i guess

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah, ADH is better than no DH at all. So at least that's twice Grey's Anatomy has mentioned DH. Kudos to them for bringing awareness!!!! :)

LOVE the photo, Kristin!

LiseDill
01-10-2008, 10:58 PM
The diaphragm ripped??...I only caught the last 15 minutes...

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Yes, sometimes when people are impacted extremely hard the diaphragm can rip and that's called an Acquired Diaphragmatic Hernia. This isn't uncommon with severe car accidents.

ChristieBrooks
01-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I guess the writers listened when people wrote and said "Bring the Diaphragmatic Hernia storyline back.". It wasn't exactly the way we meant to bring it back, but it's better than nothing!! Two mentions in one show - I wonder if there isn't a CDH parent on the payroll?????

karahess
01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I wondered what happened to Tuck. I came into the show as he was having surgery. Thanks for the update.

LiseDill
01-11-2008, 10:29 AM
http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatomy/index?pn=mb&tsn=-1&cat=30931

I think if you sign in at www.abc.com and go to the message boards...or try to click on this link...
There's a thread goin' on CDH. If we reply to it and they see it they will do something( hopefully)
Dawn you should mention Cherubs

Amy Rademaker
01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
You can watch the episode again online if you have a high speed connection. I just finished watching it, as I can't watch it on Thursdays because my husband watches CSI.

www.abc.com

They showed a really good x-ray and gave a brief explanation of what a diaphragmatic hernia was.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Great idea, Lise, let's see how many CDH parents, family and friends to post to this board - the more we can get, the more attention we'll bring to CDH!!!!!!!!!! Ok, everyone - let's start posting! :)

http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatomy/index?pn=mb&cat=30931&tid=181433

ChristieBrooks
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
If anyone wants to skip ahead to the segment in the show where the diaphragmatic hernia is diagnosed, go to section 3, time 20:30.

Christie

KateC
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I never watched Grey's Anatomy before. Yesterday, I watched it for the FIRST time. I was sitting on here posting. I hear the ladies at work and my sisters (I have 3) always talk about it. Steve was at the academy so I decided to try it out. At 915/930 I fell asleep. I had told my sister about watching a bit of it and she started freaking out. "Youd din't watch it, oh my gosh, you should have seen . . ." She started telling me about it, I felt so bad for falling asleep : (

ChristieBrooks
01-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Has anyone considered writing to the actress who plays Miranda (the mom) on Grey's Anatomy? I realize that she's an actress and was only reading the lines someone else wrote for her, but she's a mom too. She has 3 children. Maybe she could help us with spreading awareness about CDH? Or donate something to a Cherubs celebrity Ebay auction?? I mean honestly, how often do we get a well-known actor on a well-known television show have a storyline about CDH? I think we need to jump on this opportunity while it's here.
Just a thought.

Christie

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-12-2008, 03:10 PM
That's a great idea, Christie!