PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS Australia Annual Forum 2009

DanielleKessner
06-17-2009, 03:47 AM
Please read the information below kindly put together by our Fundraising Coordinator, Margaret Polacska. If you are planning on attending please contact us at information@cdh.org.au or fundraising@cdh.org.au for a registration form.

I am pleased to announce that CHERUBS Australia has been successful in obtaining a $3,000 grant from the City of Melbourne to help fund this year’s CHERUBS Australia Annual Forum (CAAF), which will be held at the Rydges Hotel in North Melbourne (Cnr Flemington and Harker Rd North Melbourne - Opposite the Royal Children's Hospital) on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th, with a family day on Sunday 18th October 2009.

Rydges North Melbourne was chosen for its competitive pricing, standard of rooms and convenient location—just a short tram ride from the heart of Melbourne and close to the Royal Children’s Hospital and the Royal Women’s Hospital.

If you would like to book accommodation at Rydges, please go to http//www.rydges.com/cwp/cherubs or call Alex Jonas on (03) 9329 1788. I inspected the recently refurbished hotel guest rooms and found them to be spacious, clean and comfortable, and they catered well for families.

In addition to the grant, we have also set a fundraising target of $3,000 to raise the balance of the conference budget. The total budget will cover the cost of conference facility hire and catering (morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea).

The conference program will incorporate medical workshops on Friday and support workshops on Saturday. Speakers are yet to be confirmed, however, we already have commitment from Dr Michael Stewart (Consultant Neonatologist—Royal Women’s Hospital and the Royal Children’s Hospital) and Theresa Lynch (Bereavement and Support Counsellor from the Fetal Management Unit—Royal Women’s Hospital) to facilitate workshops.

In addition to the workshops, two social events will be organised. There will be a family dinner on Saturday night at a suitable restaurant close to the hotel, and a family day on Sunday at the Werribee Open Range Zoo, which is full of amazing African animals living in a wide, open savannah—the kids (and adults) will love it!

We are expecting this year’s CAAF to be as successful as past CAAFs and look forward to meeting up with new and old CHERUBS friends. We hope you can join us here in Melbourne.

Margaret Polacska
Fundraising/Funding Coordiantor
fundraising@cdh.org.au
On behalf of the CAAF Melbourne 2009 Committee

MelissaKelly
06-17-2009, 09:32 AM
That sounds like a blast, Danielle!

Chris and TracyMeats
06-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Congratulations on the grant!! It sounds like you have an amazing conference planned.

Barbara and KevinWagner
06-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Danielle it sounds like a wonderful conference is planned!! I so wish that I could attend!

Congrats on the grant....that is HUGE!! way to go!

Barbara

StephanieOlivarez
06-17-2009, 01:45 PM
What great news about the grant!!!! WTG!!!!
Sounds like the conference will be FANATSTIC!!!
Can't wait to her more.

DanielleKessner
06-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Grant was fantastic - we are soooo lucky to have the Amazing Margaret (Noah's mummmy) on our 'team'. She put a lot of work into the application - we can't thank her enough :-)

Damon andSharonknott
06-17-2009, 07:51 PM
WAHOOO.... should be fantastic :)

WTG on the grant xx

06-18-2009, 04:09 AM
Danielle you helped a lot as well! It was a team effort. I just can't wait for the conference!! i hope lots of families come along.

AngelaLogozzo
06-19-2009, 03:31 AM
WTG Margaret and Danielle!!
Sounds like the conference is going to be GREAT!!!

RebeccaJamie
06-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Can't wait to meet everyone!!! Definately going to be the highlight of my year!!

:)

DanielleGolding
06-21-2009, 02:50 AM
Look out Melbs! Goldings have booked a room @ Rydges and cannot wait! Can't wait to see you all again and meet you Margaret and Ang!!! and anyone else I haven't met yet:)

DanielleKessner
06-21-2009, 06:24 AM
Fantastic Dani! I can't to see you all again - Goldings, Knotts (not sure if you are all coming), Ang (are you still coming?), Polacskas (not that I have met Lorre yet) and whoever else is coming again. Are you Maryanne? It will be wonderful to meet Bec and Savanna for the first time! Julian (hubby) has said he is going to come this year - first time ever and it will be our 9th CAAF :-)

San Antonio in a month and then the CAAF a few months later. What a great last half of the year :-)

Damon andSharonknott
06-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Looks like it will just be me coming this year. Damon's part time designer is due at the same time. When he goes on hols she works full time and manages the business and the other staff.

Liam wont come without his Dad and Chels hasnt decided.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone :)

Was meant to book my room this weekend - will do it tomorrow!
xxxx

MaryanneReid
06-21-2009, 07:26 AM
We can't make it this year, as it clashes with our holiday :( This is the first one I will have missed since 2003. Will have to make it up next year! You are all going to have a great time!

DanielleKessner
06-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh no :-( No Jo, no Reids, the Visets (while hoping to come) haven't decided yet and only quarter to half of the Knotts. It will be a different looking CAAF that is for sure. I will miss all the missing people :-( But still happy to see everyone else :-)

06-21-2009, 06:14 PM
I can't believe the conference has come around so quickly. It feels like Danielle and I just finished writing the grant application but that was back in Feb and it's already nearly July! I'm going to be beside myself with excitement because I've had such a big build-up and because it will be the first time I get to meet everyone. I'm already looking forward to next year's CAAF so I can meet everyone who can't make this year's. Where will next year's be?

Ang, love the new avatar with the boys, I can see Max's spirit in the photo with you all :) .

Danielle, you'll have to give us highlights at the CAAF about the US conference.

xx Margaret

AngelaLogozzo
06-22-2009, 07:18 PM
I think we are coming...fingers crossed. Will just have to wait and see with the business and how busy hubby is. If we do come, it looks like it will be the whole lot of us driving down from Sydney ( fun! LOL).

Margaret, I know how you feel, when I helped out with the Sydney CAAF a few years back, the build up was so exciting, it was great to finally meet everyone and I got so much out of the weekend. I felt very emotional once it was all over though, so watch out for that, but it was all so worthwhile.

xx

xx

Kath Murphy
06-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Great effort ladies. Sorry, have been MIA lately but so much going on here in my day to day life.
I will be making the conference but will have to leave on Saturday as I have another engagement back home on the Saturday night. Can't wait to meet everyone.
xx

Damon andSharonknott
08-18-2009, 07:55 AM
Have flights and accomodation booked!!!!

Cant wait to see you all

hugs
Shaz xx

Kath Murphy
08-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Am about to organise my flights and accommodation. Which nights is everyone staying at Ridges? I have to leave early Saturday so just wondering whether I should book Thursday and Friday, or just Friday???? Who else will be there Thursday night?
xx

Damon andSharonknott
08-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Hi Kath,

Im flying in Thursday I think I arrive around noon.
Dani Golding and her family will be at Rydges Thurs too.

xx

DanielleKessner
08-19-2009, 02:36 AM
We will be there Thursday night - not sure what time. Still have to book my room!

08-19-2009, 04:45 AM
I have booked in for Thurs night too. Couldn't bear the thought of peak hour traffic Fri morning. We'll be checking out on Sun.

Damon andSharonknott
08-19-2009, 04:58 AM
We may need to plan a Thursday night dinner or at least a few wines girls~
I'm flying home Monday.

08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Sounds good Shaz...I already my bells out lol.

xx Margaret

Kath Murphy
08-20-2009, 01:05 AM
I'm definitely up for that!
Now I'm off to book my room and my flight!
Can't wait to finally meet all you lovely ladies and your beautiful families.
xx

JaanaRosenlund
08-23-2009, 07:51 AM
You are all going to have such a great time together!

Damon andSharonknott
08-23-2009, 08:19 AM
hey Jaana,
Any chance you can join us??

JaanaRosenlund
08-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Hey Shaz!
I wish.... I can't really get time off work as I actually don't have any leave days and it's our busy season. Not happy Jan!

I look forward to hearing all about it and checking out all your pics!

Damon andSharonknott
08-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Jaana, will get to meet you one day~ If we get up to QLD will def be looking you up~

btw: still have Gabe's gift (and Lily's and Shelby's) will post this week (must pull finger out)

Miss you heaps
xxxx

JaanaRosenlund
08-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Missing you too Shaz!

That's funny you brought up posting gifts as I still have to post Shelby's too! We are in the same boat! Thanks for thinking of Gabe.

xx

DanielleKessner
08-28-2009, 02:54 AM
We have 5 out of our 6 guest speakers 'booked' and will hopefully confirm the final speaker within the next week. Within the next fortnight we should some more detailed information to post such as names, qualifications and topics. It is is all coming together :-)

DanielleGolding
08-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi Danielle

Sent the rego form today. Cannot wait to get away, it's not long now :)

DanielleKessner
09-19-2009, 11:42 PM
We only have 4 weeks until the CHERUBS Australia Annual Forum Melbourne 2009 takes place. Thank you to everyone who has returned their registration. To those of you who are attending (or even if you are still in the maybe stage) and have yet to do so PLEASE return you registration forms to me ASAP. We need to finalise numbers so we can confirm catering, book for the Saturday night dinner, ensure we have enough babysitters and if we have the numbers purchase group discounted tickets for the family day. If you need a registration form please email me president@cdh.org.au

It is shaping up to be a wonderful weekend and we have families from Melbourne, country Victoria, all over NSW and from WA. We are confirming our final guest speaker and as soon as we have done so we will post a final copy of the agenda. Here is a copy of the draft agenda so you can see all the wonderful speakers we have lined up so far:

CAAF 2009 Draft Agenda

Friday

8:30am Set up
9:00am Arrival and get children acquainted with babysitters
9:30am Welcome, CHERUBS Australia presentation and Cherub slideshow
9:45am Ob/Gyn (to be confirmed)
10:45am Morning Tea and group photo
11:00am Melissa Dodsworth (NICU Nurse) plus question time (confirmed)
11:45am Katherine Ong (Speech Pathologist) plus question time (confirmed)
12:45 Lunch
2:00pm Dr Rod Hunt (Neonatologist) plus question time (confirmed)
3:00pm Round table discussion on how CHERUBS Australia can work with medical care professionals to contribute towards CDH research and ongoing follow-up care
3:45pm Afternoon tea and general discussion
4:15pm Thank you and close.

Saturday

8:30am Set up
9:00am Arrival and get children acquainted with babysitters
9:15am Welcome, CHERUBS Australia presentation, ceremony to honour Cherubs and Cherubs slideshow
9:45am Katrina Stevens (Social Worker, RCH) and group discussion on post traumatic stress
11:15am Morning tea and group photo
11:45am Theresa Lynch (Social Work, RWH) group discussion on grief
1:15pm Lunch
2:30pm CHERUBS Australia AGM
3:30pm Informal time to chat, add photos to our group scrapbook and look towards our group’s future.
4:30pm Thank you and close.

So please get your registrations to us ASAP. Thanks everyone!

Kind Regards,

Danielle Kessner
President
CHERUBS Australia Organisation
president@cdh.org.au
www.cdh.org.au
PO Box 375, Morwell Vic, 3840
ABN: 60 131 315 145

Kath Murphy
09-23-2009, 07:55 PM
It's official! I'm comin' to Melbourne!

Flights booked......check!
Accommodation booked......check!
CAAF Rego completed........check!

See you all soon.
:aero

DanielleKessner
09-27-2009, 12:07 AM
I am doing the happy dance also Kath! What time does your flight leave? We have organised with the hotel to have a packed lunch for you to take :-)

Kath Murphy
09-27-2009, 02:59 AM
I have a 2.45pm flight on the Saturday afternoon so I am imagining I will head off when we break for lunch at 1.15pm (no idea of travel times to airport so this may change following some advice from you locals).

DanielleKessner
09-27-2009, 07:03 AM
That should give you plenty of time. Just make sure you time it from the airport to the hotel on your way in but I would think it would only take 15-20 mins. Don't forget to send me the photo of Jess you want on our slideshow.

DanielleGolding
09-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Who is coming? Can't wait to see/meet you all!

AngelaLogozzo
09-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Hey Dani,

I wont be there :( Im so disappointed as I was really looking forward to finally meeting you all. It sounds like the Melbourne girls have a great weekend planned for you guys (lucky things!)

Ang xx

Kath Murphy
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Ang :cry: Was hoping you would be there.
Maybe next year.
xx

10-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi ladies,

Can't wait to see everyone! Not long now!! I'm sad that Ang, Jaana and Maryanne won't be there, hopefully next year. I am looking forward to meeting new cdh families. It should be an amazing weekend.

xx Margaret

DanielleGolding
10-03-2009, 02:06 AM
I can't wait now either. We are heading down on Tuesday the 12th? Can't wait to get away. Bummer Ang - I was hoping you'd be there - we'll meet soon x

DanielleKessner
10-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Our Melbourne organising committee met yesterday in Melbourne to go over things and sort out where we are at. Things are full speed ahead and most of the big ticket items are out of the way. Still a lot of work to do but we are organised. It was wonderful catching up with the other Melbourne mum's and we could have talked for hours :-) Can't wait to catch up with everyone!!!