PDA

View Full Version : 5K questions any input welcome!!

desireecasillas
07-18-2009, 12:47 AM
I was thinking about having a 5K Run/Walk in Marley's memory next fall but I have no idea where to begin. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

sarah.deskins
10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Were you planning to have it in Columbus? Where are you located for starters as the location is the hardest part.

desireecasillas
11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
WE were probably going to it have it somewhere closer to us the is a park in a town 20 min away from us were 5ks are held all the time. Columbus is about 3hrs from us

sarah.deskins
11-02-2009, 01:27 PM
If the park is a city park, contact your chamber of commerce or municipal building and inquire about dates that are available and any additional rules they have for them. If it is not a pblic park owned by the city, ask who you should talk to about hosting an event there.
Once thats done, you'll need to pick your date. once the date is set, flyers will be your next step. ask around town for people to let you post the advertisement, and get online to the sites of local radio stations that have "community calendars" or something to the effect. they will ask for a description of your event with dates and times to be announced for free. If you have a cable station, some also have a community access channel that scrolls through events being held. call your cable comonay and inquire.
Are you going to be offering prizes? If so, make up a form letter to mail to business owners about sponsorhip describing your intentions for the funds raised. I'll leave it at that for now:) Planning an event can be very in depth, let me know what you get about the park.