PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS Facebook Account

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-23-2009, 11:13 AM
My Facebook account has been disabled due to a complaint of "copyright violations" according to Facebook. What exactly that violation is, we do not know but are trying to find out and are trying to get the account enabled again.

That account is very active with 1200 FB friends, linked to all of our FB groups, fan page, events, Cause, etc. It's very, very frustrating that someone is so callous to file a complaint like that against a charity who is raising a whole heck of a lot of awareness on Facebook! Our FB Cause alone has over 6000 people.

I'm posting this because 2 members e-mailed this morning, upset because they thought I had removed from them as Facebook friends. This isn't the case at all and I didn't want any of the rest of you to think that either.

We're working on this. Please say a prayer that this is resolved so that we can continue our work on that site.

NicolleColvin
08-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I had a friend get banned temp for having too many friends... I hope it gets resolved soon!

KarlaHolt
08-23-2009, 06:46 PM
So sorry to hear that Dawn. I hope it gets solved soon.

deAnnStrotherMcGilberry
08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
wow, if it was someone who filed a complaint they must not have much of a life.....for you to work so hard to bring awareness and to support to others who have experienced CDH, this is a shame ...hope you will be back up soon :)

ChristinaTennyson
08-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Yikes, hope this gets sorted out quickly.

Chris and TracyMeats
08-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I wondered what happened this morning...that is just not right. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Those of you on FB, would you mind posting something so that the other parents know what happened and don't think they were deleted! Maybe just comment

"FYI - CHERUBS / Dawn's FB account was disabled due to a false copyright complaint. She's trying to fix the issue with FB but wanted you all to know she hasn't disappeared or deleted anyone as a FB friend. You can keep up with CHERUBS on our Fan page here on FB"

It would be much appreciated... I've gotten 2 more members thinking I removed them.

All this is such unnecessary juvenile drama. We could definitely be using this time to do more productive things.

claireevans
08-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Dawn id like to be included as a friend on your Facebook when you eventually sort this drama out.
Youd think people would have better things to do wouldnt you!

karahess
08-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Gotcha covered :)

DanielleKessner
08-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Hope it gets sorted soon Dawn. Just another thing to add to your longgggg list of jobs. I don't know how you stay sane!!! Luv ya' xxx

JaanaRosenlund
08-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Geez - hope this gets sorted out.

mskelly
08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Sorry to hear this happened...but Happy to see you're back up and running!! : )

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-25-2009, 03:26 PM
FB took pity on us and reinstated that account!! :)

Those of you on FB can add me under the name Dawn Torrence Williamson

PennyCampsey
08-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh my gosh Dawn !!!!
Glad it got fixed